PDA

View Full Version : Worst thing to happen to you while playing...

Yvonne_Blacksword
10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
You know it!
The world is out to get you!
Some entity is trying to prevent you from playing the game....

Last night, I went on a smoke break.
The neighbor's cat was being voiciferous and gregarious and invited himself into my house...

Meowling and rubbing against everything...trying his claws out on my funature...
(i am such a tool!)
He plied me with loving and just as I was about to sell off some stuff, he crawled up on my computer, exited the game and shut down windows...in order...with his paws...

Bad Cat!

Pfamily
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
About 6-months ago,
in a Wi-Fi hotspot,
in a coffee shop,
checking auctions & selling/posting loot from the previous night's debauchery, etc.

The waitress delivers my order: a bagel w/ cream cheese & a tall, steaming +4 cup of greater laptop bane.

Yup, I let the smoke out...oops.

Ghoste
10-10-2007, 02:52 PM
This was something I saw happen to someone else. Also a cat on keyboard story.

We're in VoN 6, standing just outside of the gate to Velah. A party member says AFK. The tanks drop the pillars and start heading back to us. I step inside, turn around, and see theguy who typed 'afk' step to his right off the bridge and plummet to his death. A second later, you can hear him picking up his headset and cursing at his cat.

On a personal note, I've never been much of a pet person. Don't hate animals, just don't tend to bond with them as quickly as most people do.

ErgonomicCat
10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Not horrible, but amusing:

I'm in the middle of trading stuff from one PC on one account on one machine to another on another on another.

I get the window all full, and try to trade. It fails. Huh?

I try again, it fails.

I read the error. "Heehaw is too far away."

HUH?!

I look over, and my 14 month old son is running him around the tavern. Currently, Heehaw is in the corner, turning in circles.

I figure he'll roll his first toon next month. Probably a WF Barb.

Strakeln
10-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Was in a short-man Reaver raid a while back when my lil pup decided it was a good time to take a dump. Took about 0.2 seconds for the smell to hit my sniffer, at which point I was stuck with an interesting delemina... go afk in the middle of a raid where no one is available to cover for me, or bear with the smell and try to speed along the raid?

Then I had to consider the (anti-) social aspects of my delemina... is delaying cleanup duty a sign that I have a (DDO) problem? Are there other situations where one would allow themselves to reasonably delay (5 minutes, not 5 days) the cleanup?

I waited five minutes.

Here's a pic of the pup, though. Cute enough to make Ghoste bond to her :D

my lil pup (http://owntheride.googlepages.com/DSC01312.JPG/DSC01312-full;crop:0,0.02,0.95,0.96.jpg)

Ghoste
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM

my lil pup (http://owntheride.googlepages.com/DSC01312.JPG/DSC01312-full;crop:0,0.02,0.95,0.96.jpg)
Aye, it is indeed a cute fleshling quadro-ped.

ehondajim
10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Was in a short-man Reaver raid a while back when my lil pup decided it was a good time to take a dump. Took about 0.2 seconds for the smell to hit my sniffer, at which point I was stuck with an interesting delemina... go afk in the middle of a raid where no one is available to cover for me, or bear with the smell and try to speed along the raid?

Then I had to consider the (anti-) social aspects of my delemina... is delaying cleanup duty a sign that I have a (DDO) problem? Are there other situations where one would allow themselves to reasonably delay (5 minutes, not 5 days) the cleanup?

I waited five minutes.

Looks like he'll make a fine dog. A large fine dog. But beware though for this size fo the poo is directly proportionate to the size of the pup.

I know (http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa11/ehondajim/prettyface.jpg?t=1192049987)

Mizyrlou
10-12-2007, 11:27 AM
This happened a good many months back. It was my first marathon session since I managed to get back to back days off. I had ample caffination and was in a very good PUG running STK.

Normally when I'd be pulling a long stretch of at home awakeness, it'd be me on the couch catching up on watching movies with my cat Fulci curled up next to me.

I did notice as time went on, Fulci hopping up on the desk staring as if to say 'Ahem..', but I'd just give him some scrootches and that seemed to be enough.

Quest is progressing along wonderfully and we've made it to the BBQ trap. We're all in the safe spot while the rogue's doing thier mojo and chatting when out of nowhere, Fulci dive-bombs the keyboard sending my Wiz-Rogue running hard and fast into the still blazing flames.

Group's wondering what happened while I'm pulling a very satisfied looking Maine Coon away from my keyboard and onto my lap and then getting control of my character back.

Moment I explained it as an Act of Cat, it was brought up many times after when I'd run with anyone from that group again.

ErgonomicCat
10-12-2007, 11:57 AM
This happened a good many months back. It was my first marathon session since I managed to get back to back days off. I had ample caffination and was in a very good PUG running STK.

Normally when I'd be pulling a long stretch of at home awakeness, it'd be me on the couch catching up on watching movies with my cat Fulci curled up next to me.

I did notice as time went on, Fulci hopping up on the desk staring as if to say 'Ahem..', but I'd just give him some scrootches and that seemed to be enough.

Quest is progressing along wonderfully and we've made it to the BBQ trap. We're all in the safe spot while the rogue's doing thier mojo and chatting when out of nowhere, Fulci dive-bombs the keyboard sending my Wiz-Rogue running hard and fast into the still blazing flames.

Group's wondering what happened while I'm pulling a very satisfied looking Maine Coon away from my keyboard and onto my lap and then getting control of my character back.

Moment I explained it as an Act of Cat, it was brought up many times after when I'd run with anyone from that group again.

Maine Coon + Jealously + Keyboard has been the bane of many a character in many a game.

"Hey guys."
"Hey there. We're about to tackle the...."
"alsdaj sdl 48 9 7-9asd f7-9"
*You have died*