PDA

View Full Version : please not more useless loot

axebender
10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
ok now am i the only one tired of getting abilities on iteams that just are not useable ...for example a ring that has 5 charges of dismissle?..come on like useing that item would actually work on anything...maybe if they rolled a 1 on there saves but i never seen anyone actually use these types of items with nondamaging spells..they are just useless and a waist of space..if anyone can thing of other useless items please post

Vinos
10-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Anything that is not a vorpal, +6 stat item, awesome named item, or +5 mith FP.

liamfrancais
10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Anything that is power 1 Wizardry 1 or deception it is just added on to move up the level and value of the item ie. +2 flaming longbow of power 1.

Strakeln
10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Anyone else almost die on the floor laughing when that skeleton in the pre-raid taunts you with his "Paralyzing Sword of Power 1"??? LOL! At least the mobs are getting crappy addons to their loot too!

liamfrancais
10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
If I ever get to the preraid I will definitly laugh to hear that, also for those who have not done so lately run through tangleroot so you can hear the voice over guy call it tangle"foot" had to hear it a few times to make sure I was running explore, slay in there very funny.

Cinwulf
10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Anything that is power 1 Wizardry 1 or deception it is just added on to move up the level and value of the item ie. +2 flaming longbow of power 1.

I didn't see that one, too funny :p I did think it was also funny when he whipped out his cursespewing bastard sword of greater dwarf bane when there were no dwarfs in the party :p "Oh nooooo!" :p

Glenalth
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
ok now am i the only one tired of getting abilities on iteams that just are not useable ...for example a ring that has 5 charges of dismissle?..come on like useing that item would actually work on anything...maybe if they rolled a 1 on there saves but i never seen anyone actually use these types of items with nondamaging spells..they are just useless and a waist of space..if anyone can thing of other useless items please post

Those things actually work pretty well on monsters that are summoned by other monsters.

Beherit_Baphomar
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Anything that is not a vorpal, +6 stat item, awesome named item, or +5 mith FP.

/signed

Beherit_Baphomar
10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Anyone else almost die on the floor laughing when that skeleton in the pre-raid taunts you with his "Paralyzing Sword of Power 1"??? LOL! At least the mobs are getting crappy addons to their loot too!

The Devs have a wicked sense of humour...

Vinos
10-10-2007, 02:46 PM
The Devs have a wicked sense of humour...

Well he did get a good deal for it.

Impaqt
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
He got a Good deal for it, ya know...........

Grammar! FTW!

ANyway, Deception rocks.. Its a Staple in my rogues arsenal.

Shatter is probobly the most useless Ad on right now.... Other than Power Of course.

Vinos
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
He got a Good deal for it, ya know...........

Grammar! FTW!

ANyway, Deception rocks.. Its a Staple in my rogues arsenal.

Shatter is probobly the most useless Ad on right now.... Other than Power Of course.

Nitpicking FTW!!! Just a typo dude.

Impaqt
10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Nitpicking FTW!!! Just a typo dude.

I was nitpicking the Devs.... "I got a good deal for it, you know" makes no gramatical sense at all..... But alas.... Thats what he says.....

Drider
10-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Meh, if all we got was good loot, we'd be geared out and have no reason for loot runs and stuff.

They use a random table just like you would use in a real PnP game. The more options there are the more different combinations.

Strakeln
10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I was nitpicking the Devs.... "I got a good deal for it, you know" makes no gramatical sense at all..... But alas.... Thats what he says.....Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the grammar? Is it improper use of the word "got"? As in, should it read "I found a good deal for it, you know"?

I'm usually pretty "up" on my grammar (despite my absolute refusal to include punctuation inside quotation marks... it just looks wrong that way, dammit), but you've lost me here.

Is it the comma? I'm always torn on that... mostly because that's how people really speak, correct or not. (hah)

Edit: wait, wait... is it the word "for" where "on" should be?

Kalanth
10-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I was nitpicking the Devs.... "I got a good deal for it, you know" makes no gramatical sense at all..... But alas.... Thats what he says.....

It may have been intentional. The difference between grammar and regional dialect can be vast.

DoctorWhofan
10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
but my ghost touch ooze bane arrows!!!

MrCow
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM
but my ghost touch ooze bane arrows!!!

Save them for when we fight monsters like Living Spell: Shadow Walk. ;)

DoctorWhofan
10-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Save them for when we fight monsters like Living Spell: Shadow Walk. ;)

nah, I'll sell them!

Impaqt
10-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Edit: wait, wait... is it the word "for" where "on" should be?

I Got a good deal on it, you know

or even

I got it for a good deal, ya know

Would of been more correct.

I got a good deal for it sounds more like he sold it.

Strakeln
10-10-2007, 11:04 PM

or even

I got a good deal for it sounds more like he sold it.Sweet, gotcha on my edit :p

I agree, it does make it sound like he sold it.

Geonis
10-10-2007, 11:58 PM

or even

Because English is obviously skeletons' first language? ;)

Ghoste
10-11-2007, 12:23 AM
You have no idea. My first time running that was in an all wf party. So the power 1 was actually the most useful enhancement on it.

Taur
10-11-2007, 04:33 AM

or even

it actually makes it sound like Turbine is hiring the Chinese plat farmers to write the text in some of this stuff.

Borror0
10-11-2007, 04:37 AM

or even

Maybe it's because I'm a quebecker... but I find it sounds alright like it is...

Strakeln
10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Maybe it's because I'm a quebecker... but I find it sounds alright like it is...It gets the point across but saying you got a good deal "for" something (instead of "on" something) makes it sound like you sold it (instead of bought it).

Not sure what the official correct grammar is there. Is it grammatically correct to get a deal "on" something? Or is that just a form of slang we use that has become overwhelmingly common?