PDA

View Full Version : Sarlona Dedicated Team: Venturing Virgins {Updated}

Rason
10-08-2007, 06:39 PM
This group is on Sarlona, for light to heavy roleplayers (at present it is light to medium but depends on the members we have) and the group forms at every Saturday at 7:30PM EST Server Time.

For those of you who don't know what time this would be for you, I configured a time zone clock to show exactly what 7:30PM EST is for the others around the world

Fixed Time Zone Clock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=10&month=11&year=2007&hour=19&min=30&sec=0&p1=179)

Note: The above clock has been modified now that Australian's Daylight Savings have kicked in.

The group will be a persistent role play group of up to six people although if we ever get more we can split the group into two where required. At present we have 3 active members and a few who have been busy of late; all we need now is to see if anyone else out there wants in on this group!

The current level is level 3 and the group would meets up in the Wayward Lobster.

I very much have no problem helping newcomers to Dungeons and Dragons Online or to role playing in general, infact I would like to see some fresh blood out there now and then.

The group would will follow the following rules:

#1: Have fun!

#2: Voice is not required since we are here to role play and that happens through typing and not voice.

#3: No rushing since we will want to explore as if we had never entered the quest ever before.

#4: No gaining gifts, items or money, from characters not within the group.

#5: No using the auction house yet the brokers are fine as long as the character has followed rule #4.

#6: As with #4 and #5, the group is to be a persistent group and hence will be to share loot found between the members where someone else may use the item better than you; sharing makes the group stronger as a whole.

#7: The group will be light to heavy role play depending how we are feeling and Out of Character comments are to be done within (( )) brackets.

#8: Players are allowed to play a character as they see fit as maturity is the key to a persistent group.

If you have any inquiries, feel free to private message me and I will get back to you as quick as I can.

Our current character listing is as follows:

Current Characters
Team One
Yyelana – 3rd Level Elf Cleric
Ivress – 3rd Level Drow Rogue
Kendill - 3rd Level Human Fighter
Modoken - 3rd Level Drow Bard
Jinatat - 3rd Level Halfling Sorceror

Team One
None

Rason
10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
OOC:

Since we had Grieyls show interest in our group, I am opening this group up to allow for two parties!

That's right, we have a current six player party happening (Kendill will return after the weekend of the 13th October) and I will split the group up into two groups of three or four as long we have the numbers. In the end, I hope we can have two full groups running each weekend for around 2 hours or so and then in the future we have the makeup for a raid roleplay group.

Keep up the fun sessions all!

Rason
10-09-2007, 04:05 PM
OOC: I would like to say farewell to Dragnos / Raventiger and to wish him and his wife well in the new game! You have a place here when you return :)

Grieyls
10-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi there,

Just wanted to say that I had an absolute blast playing with this guild of players. You were all friendly and helpful and the roleplay was wonderful. I had so much fun in fact that by the time the other players had to log out due to real life issues I was quite sad. Even now, I'm wanting to game all the more, needless to say I am so looking forward to next weeks game. :D

On a particular note we did Waterworks which I had gone threw before on another server. However this is the first time I have gone threw that quest and actually known what I was doing there and why I was there. Again a big thank you goes to my fellow gamers who were patient enough to wait while I read each NPC speech window to further the quest on. I've never had the time to read them before as every previous attempt had the other players run off to the next section and as a result I would be left behind. Thus I'd have to rush through the text and not really read it just so I could keep pace. And wow :eek: who would have thought that all those traps in that dungeon could be disabled, never had a rougue in a party who actually bothered to disable them before. So a big cheer to those gamers I played with today. Yyelana, Ivress and Modoken you were kind and wonderfull all. Here's to many happy sessions yet to come... Next Sunday cannot come quick enough for me ;)

Xgemina
10-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Glad to hear that you had a good time! I remember what it was like when I started and basically running after the herd in my first quests. I used to get so lost in WW and STK that the group would have to send someone back for me. Nowadays, I'm happy to slow down and show off the scenery :P

Rason
10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm glad you have a good time playing with us :) I'll be sure to be around for 2 to 3 hours each session yet I don' tknow how much I'm playing DDO anymore.. I am moving on to another MMO for the other times of the week.. for now.. But the session goes on! :D

Rason
10-27-2007, 04:42 PM
OOC: Clock in original post has been fixed since we had to forward our clocks and hour last night.. :) Ivress and I will be there today but I am sorry to say that this will be one of my last few weeks as this is my last month of subscription. It will run out on the 14th, so including this session, I have 3 sessions to go.

Sorry to go though, guys. My main reasoning is I need a change of scenery. I am too critical on D&D as I love the Pen and Paper and in doing so, I'm burning myself out here and there. I need to play a game for fun and not for wishing for certain parts to change.

Anyway, as I said, 3 more sessions, starting today! :D

Grieyls
10-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Phew! Ok first up I just wanted to say to those to whom I am playing with that I am very sorry I did not show today. Unfortunately Real life kept me busy and I was unable to log in. :( Please except my most humble apologies. Funny how everything happens at once. Anyway I guess I will see you all again next week.

Shadez
10-29-2007, 01:33 AM
hey hey!

Was playing trial a year ago, and finally bought the game :D

During my time I participated with a mini Sarlona legend, A rp'er who used voice. To perfection. Khadgar the Wizard.

I am very interested to play in anything like this, in a time i can stay awake for (+10 GMT Brisbane, Australia)

Contact me ingame (Papewaio, Tahlali [Main, even though she is lvl 1 :D])

Rason
11-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Sorry I never saw this sooner. I've not been so active on the forums.

Unfortunately, our group only does it through text. The original post's link to the time zone is now updated so it will have the right times over the christmas period since the US now had their daylight savings kick in.

I won't be on today and it is my last day of subscription. I hope you all enjoyed your time with VV and I hope it continues on under someone else or else fissles, either way, it was fun :) Mind you, I had a computer death at the start of it that killed half my time here but beyond that... :P

I hope to see you all in game again one day when I return to DDO :)

Xgemina
11-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Rason, I'm truly sorry to see ya go. I had a blast playing with you (when your computer worked ^_^) and hope to do so again in the future when you succumb to the siren call of DDO once again. Until then, have a blast in whatever digital world you are wreaking havoc within!

Grieyls
11-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Where was everybody last game? I rocked up at the anoted time and waited for 30min but nobody showed. Figured the game was cancelled so I logged out. So what was the deal? Where did everybody go?

Marrra
11-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I think maybe you forgot to account for the fact that the US now has finished daylight savings and showed up an hour early? Modoken and Ivress were there but nobody else showed while we were around. I'll see about starting up a new thread now that Yyelana will no longer be our leader. Have to figure out who is still in the group or what's happening.

Grieyls
11-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Damn you daylight savings! Yes I did not take that into account. Does explain it though. Ah well I'll make sure I show up an hour later next week ;)

But you know, you guys could have told me about the whole Daylight savings thing. We don't deal with it here where I live so I rarely if ever think about it. :p

Xgemina
11-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Sorry about that Grieyls, but ya know, I've had to deal with the Daylight Savings thing my whole life so it never occurred to me that I'd have to explain it to anyone :p :)

I told Marra/Ivress last Saturday that I would make a new recruitment post with the loss of our fearless leader and resident healer...of course, it's now Saturday and I haven't gotten around to it yet. In my defense, it has been a killer week and I’m looking forward to killing things tonight in game.

Nonetheless, we will have another new post to keep track of the group shortly. The new link for VV is now:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1435922#post1435922