PDA

View Full Version : Do WF Druids Have to Like Fleshlings?

Ghoste
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
So druids are nature lovers. They nurture nature. True they don't tend to care a lot for civillized folk, but they are supposed to love living things.

So the way I look at it, for a warforged nature is a relative thing. I want to make my first DDO druid a wf druid. And the "nature" he will love is the beautiful landscape of the Mournlands - an environment where constructs thrive, and life whithers.

My ultimate goal will be to duplicate the events of the Day of Mourning on X'endrik.:D :D :D :eek:

Cuiva
10-07-2007, 11:09 PM
You're then looking at the wrong class. The Druid adheres and loves nature. The Defiler is out to destroy it as it is in the way of progress.

I suggest you either change your mindset, or change your class. ;)

Ghoste
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
You're then looking at the wrong class. The Druid adheres and loves nature. The Defiler is out to destroy it as it is in the way of progress.

I suggest you either change your mindset, or change your class. ;)
But what I'm suggesting IS something that loves nature, but im using the word nature in a relative sense. Not the status quo nature of Eberron, but the beautiful natural splendor of the Mournlands. The new nature.

Spreading such nature has nothing to do with progress, but everything to do with creating a natural environment that better suits that specific race.

Think of it as terraforming for warforged.

Kalanth
10-08-2007, 08:02 AM
No, Ghoste, a WF Druid does not have to love Fleshlings. If you wanted to make a WF Druid who loves the Mournlands then you are best off enjoying the company of other WF and the Undead. There is nothing wrong with a Druid not liking one portion of the world, and loving another. They are not bound by the class to love all things nature. Personally, I like your idea.

VonBek
10-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Think of it as terraforming for warforged.

ROTFL - thanks for that!

Hvymetal
10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Why on earth would a Warforged Druid have to love fleshlings??? Look at what fleshlings are doing to the world trying to manipulate nature to do their bidding then discarding it once they have wrenched what they desire from natures grasp.

VonBek
10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify [fleshlings] and I realized that you aren’t actually [contributing to the good of the world]. Every [normal creature] on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you [fleshlings] do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. [fleshlings] are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, [Mr Baggins], and we... are the cure.

The good news? There should be plenty of butterflies.

RemoJr
10-08-2007, 01:40 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20051024a This is all about WF druids.

Personally, sounds like you might want to look into the children of winter sect of druids. They believe death is a naturally part of life and seek to spread blight, desease, and cold, believing that the strong will survive to repopulate. They see the creation of the mournland as evidence of the end of the currant age. As agensts of nature, they wish to cleans the world furture so that it may bloom anew. The chldren of winter feats in the ebberon book gives the druids abilities with vermin, such as being able to summon them, transform into them, and have one as a companion. They require you to be non-good.

one section about WF druids and the mournland says: "While some warforged druids are drawn to the Eldeen sects, reports from scavengers and scouts suggest that a new sect is forming in the Mournland: a band of warforged druids who call themselves the Followers of the Broken Path. These warforged seek to heal the damage that has been done to the Mournland and hope to learn about their own bonds to nature by restoring life to this broken land. A party of adventurers traveling through the Mournland could find an unusual oasis blossoming under the care of a group of the Followers; such an area could prove to be an exception to the rule of healing spells failing to function in the Mournland, and if not, a Follower druid could always assist wounded travelers by supplying goodberries... though the druids may ask a favor in return. There is much work to be done, and there are always terrors to fight in the Mournland."

I myself also want to make a WF druid. not sure about his background or whatnot, but it's a ways off until druids are in.

Ghoste
10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Ooooooo, thank you for all the extra info.

Children of the winter sect, you say? Hmmm....

The Matrix quote had me laughing, thanks for that.

Ghoste
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
I was looking through the Eberron book. I really hope they implement the different sects for druids like they did for clerics and pallies. That would be awesome to be able to change into a monstrous scorpion and tell people I'm terraforming their world!

Yvonne_Blacksword
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
So...if in TR and CO6...if people intentionally continue to cut across the grass and refuse to stay on the paths provided by natures creatures?

Constantly pick mushrooms?

And generally show distain and disregard for nature...

Can my druid disregard them and not heal them...

strictly roleplaying...of course...

"Will you PLEASE! Stop jumping on those mushrooms?
I don't care if they make a neat squishing noise!!!"

MrCow
10-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes, Yvonne, you are free to be angry at people for walking on grass and picking mushrooms. You don't have to be a druid to be angry at people, nor do you have to be a druid to be a nature lover.

Now if you start trying to grow grass on my livewood legs... then we got a problem.

Ghoste
10-10-2007, 02:30 AM
I love the quote so much, Von, I think i'm gonna use that in my bio.

VonBek
10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
And I'll toast you with a nice frosty mug of Mom's Old Fashioned Robot Oil, for it.

:cool:

Ghoste
10-11-2007, 03:30 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20051024a This is all about WF druids.

Personally, sounds like you might want to look into the children of winter sect of druids.
I read the article you linked in more detail. It actually speaks of a warforged sect of druids, in the mournland...

The Followers of the Broken Path. Sadly, they are very fleshling-friendly. I think I may have to start a druidic sect to oppose them. They wish to undo the Mournland, I wish to spread it. They sometimes offer healing and supplies to fleshlings wandering in the Mournland; I hunt down fleshlings lost in the Mournland.

RemoJr
10-11-2007, 04:34 AM
i know, but for the purpose of research, an article by the company that made it would be of use regardless of alignment issuues. The sect part may be odd, but there were other good points. Example for roleplay that they brought up, what does you character feal as eh shapeshifts into an animal? He was only part living, now he's fully living. Before, he had a minimal sense of smell, but if he takes a wolf form, now he's bombarded by smells via his new scent ability.