PDA

View Full Version : ...

splinterx
10-07-2007, 02:34 AM
ok i was wondering if lets say you are lawful-good or lawful-neutral and u are using a anarctic weapon is it possible that u can neggat the negative level u get from it?

Griphon
10-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes. I think.

If you have a high enough UMD you don't take a negative level. Though I could be wrong.

Glenalth
10-07-2007, 12:43 PM
The only way to overcome negative levels from mismatched Axiomatic, Anarchic, Holy, or Unholy weapons is to put down the weapon.

splinterx
10-07-2007, 05:07 PM
alright :( i guess that kinda sucks

yoyorobbo
10-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes. I think.

If you have a high enough UMD you don't take a negative level. Though I could be wrong.

You can UMD (if your UMD skill is high enuff, obviously) a True Chaos weapon (being Lawful Good, that is, as in your example), but not an Anarchic weapon.

At least that's seems to be the way it goes. I have a Pally/Rogue/Fighter mutt that UMDs several True Chaos weapons with no issues, but gets the neg level ding when I try an Anarchic one. His UMD is pretty high (29 normally, 33 with +UMD items like the Rabbit Gloves and the Golden Cartouche)...but I'm guessing Anarchic/Axiomatic are just non-UMDable. Maybe they are just too heavy on the alignment side, but you would think "true" chaos would be the heaviest....dunno.

Solmage
11-22-2007, 08:18 AM
No, they simply can't be UMD, and considering how little effect alignment has already, it's good there are SOME benefits/restrictions.

Other similar items:

- anything with Taint of Evil: Can't be good
- Ring of Ancestors (rez. ring) HAVE to be good