PDA

View Full Version : Collectable Drop Rate change?

Snike
10-06-2007, 05:47 AM
I know it's a bit silly, but since the new collectable bags came out I was excited to run the harbor quests on my perma-death toons. But it seems like the rate of collectables dropping off corpses has been decreased a LOT, used to see 4-5 per quest run but now it's almost non-existant. I just ran The Butcher's Path two times and didn't get 1 prayer bead:(

Mad_Bombardier
10-06-2007, 08:47 AM
If you are in a group of twinked out players, Flaming, Frost, and Acid weapons destroy the corpse and potential collectable.
If not, ... :confused:

Symar-FangofLloth
10-06-2007, 08:59 AM
I just picked up a bunch from Rest for the Restless... you're probably just missing them, or have been having very bad luck.

iamsamoth0
10-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Coming from someone who has an interest in such things, I don't believe it has changed. You are just in a dry period. I just got two more planar crystals(?). Making my fourth or so.... I have noticed no particular drop-off in said items, like previously stated in a prior response being very close to the kills is very important, you have just a moment to grab it from the ether.
Once it falls to the floor, it's gone....:(
I wish they would allow it to fall into a pouch like other things.

GL, and c'ya klctting...:p

GuitarHero
10-06-2007, 09:51 AM
if they destroy the body but you see a (unselectable) glow on the ground, Backspace to target it and hit the U key to pick it up. that should get you your collectable from destroyed bodies.

Snike
10-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Yea I thought the backspace targeting could get collectables even if corpse is destroyed.

Mad_Bombardier
10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Yea I thought the backspace targeting could get collectables even if corpse is destroyed.Not in all cases. Fire, Cold, Acid from weapon effect or spell (say, Niac's) destroys the body and collectable.

Some animations appear to destroy the body, but don't. Alignment damage weapons (Holy, Pure Good, Axiomatic, True Law, Anarchic, True Chaos) make the body go away with the animation, but leave the collectable "shiny". In those cases, you can Backspace + U to get the collectable.

Impaqt
10-06-2007, 11:38 AM
If you are in a group of twinked out players, Flaming, Frost, and Acid weapons destroy the corpse and potential collectable.
If not, ... :confused:

Of course, Playing in a Permadeath Group with a bunch of twinked out characters kinda defeats the purpose doesnt it?

;)

Tenkari_Rozahas
10-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Of course, Playing in a Permadeath Group with a bunch of twinked out characters kinda defeats the purpose doesnt it?

;)

some guilds allow you to mail one item to your new char as a "heirloom" item, those could be seen as "twinking out" to some people.