PDA

View Full Version : Live Event: The Emerald Conspiracy part II



Sir_Lawrence
10-05-2007, 06:06 PM
The Coin Lords and myself would like to thank everyone who helped track down and interfere with +Tchurvul’s plans to hold a meeting with the Emerald Claw. From reports which have trickled in, it seems that +Tchurvul has found a co-conspirator named +Derneal. When discovered, +Derneal released his Emerald Claw soldiers into the crowds while +Tchurvul used his dark magics to summon beholders in the taverns – were it not for the combined efforts of all, there would be less heroes in Stormreach today.

Unfortunately, the villains made their escape and may be at large still. Scouts around the city have reported sightings of these treacherous men and overheard them mention an incoming caravan. What is *not* known is where.

Please be on the alert for +Tchurvul and +Derneal and report your findings here as soon as possible!

Brianius
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
ill keep an eye n ear out for them

ccheath776
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Terrah walks through the streets of stormreach cleaning off her blade. Already her face was serious less though than a few weeks ago now hearing of an evil brewing in the necropolis.
But something lightens her mood as Muckka walks up laughing slightly.
"What is it?" Terrah asks.
Muckka only smiles and points at yet another poster announcement from the coin lords.
Terrah snickers and then smiles.
"Guess he didn't get enough last time. Well, if he should return.."
Terrah turns and pulls out a massive staff with an encrusted ruby. The legendary weapon of the ancient giants and twirls it in her hands.
"I WILL be ready this time!!!"
They both shared a laugh as they trotted off to the phoenix and shared a drink until the early morning hours.

Deep in the dark hallows of an alley, two eyes glare fiendishly at the two laughing fighters. A low growl eminates from his throat as he burns with the fury of the inner evil within him. This time they will pay....
The sky thunders again and flashes showing the light of the face of the evil that stalks all of stormreach and soon the streets fell silent again as if drawing breath in anticipation of something terrible. More so than the evil one +Tchurvul. If this new shadow was him then he is more powerful than previously thought or has he summoned something even darker than himself, a tempest of his mind and a projection of his inner self casting its anger at what it hates most. The night drifted in swallowing the dweller in the shadows as it planned its next attack.


(a special prize for anyone who can guess the play where this scene was adapted from...)

Saaluta
10-06-2007, 07:34 PM
As I was posting some auctions on my bard, I was foully attacked by +tchurval, I followed him and +derneal into house K where I overheard the following conversation:

(General): [+Derneal] Fare tidings, Tchurvul.
(General): [+Tchurvul] Were you born an idiot or did you practice at it? Do not speak my name aloud! You failed me at our last meeting. You were disrespectful and allowed others to follow you.
(General): [+Derneal] An unfortunate coincidence I am sure. Have no fear, I have taken greater care for our next arrangement.
(General): [+Tchurvul] See that that you have. I have little patience and it grows ever smaller with you. Now, what news do you have for me?
(General): [+Derneal] My men have received the caches you have arranged for us. They will soon reach the shores of Ataraxia’s haven. There they will hide the stores safely in anticipation of our eventual raid upon Stormreach.
(General): [+Tchurvul] Good news indeed. I trust you the stores will not be found?
(General): [+Derneal] Aye, the chances of the duergar or others finding them are slim at best.
(General): [+Tchurvul] I put more trust in you than I should. See that the caches are not found! I have other arrangements to make concerning the next stage of my plans.
(General): [+Derneal] Worry not, Vulture, my men will not fail us.
(General): [+Tchurvul] Let us be off. Split up so no one follows.
(General): [+Derneal] Very well. Until our next meeting

So, I will be mounting an expedition into Ataraxias Haven to try and discover these secret caches.

Saal

Tany
10-06-2007, 07:36 PM
+Tchurval and +Derneal both prowl around house K, they run from the bank in house K to the entrance of Taiming the Flames. Then they try to lure groups into the crevice, claiming "Only true necromancers can survive this region."

DungeonMaster98
10-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Spotted +Tchurvul and +Derneal discussing an impending Raid on Stormreach! The truth of these words must be discovered!

Muirtach
10-06-2007, 08:26 PM
The Vagabonds, whilst preparing for an excursion to the Restless Isles, ran across Derneal. In an effort to assist Sir Lawrence he was tracked to House Kundarak. Much to our surprise he was meeting with Tchurvul behind the Luquid Charm. The Renowned Musicman was the first to discover them and quickly called forth his infamous brethren to observe the situation. Tchurvul seems to be using the simple-minded Derneal to import supplies into Stormreach for an impending assualt. The stores seem to be somewhere in Atraxia's Haven, possibly in the mines.

Upon discovery, one of the foul men summoned a Beholder, who savagely injured our dear Erda Wottansdottir. While searching for the duo more mischief was caused, though no casualties of note occurred after Erda.

Music_Man
10-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Upon hearing reports of Tchurvul spotting in House Kundarak, I was quick to respond with the use a teleportation scroll. After a quick survey of the entrance to the Black Anvil Mines & the ships leaving to Atraxia’s Haven I danced my way back up to the bank where folks had surrounded Tchurvul in the friendly Thelanis way:

Emote): Erda hugs +Tchurvul.
(Emote): Spittfire pokes +Tchurvul.
Emote): Justicarii shouts, 'Stop!'
Emote): Spittfire hugs +Tchurvul.
(Say): You say, 'You look like you could use a song friend'
(Emote): +Tchurvul points at Musicman.
Say): You say, 'Dance DAnce wherever you may be!'
(Emote): +Tchurvul is angry with Musicman.
(Say): You say, 'I am the lord of the dance said he

At his point of my song, Tchurvul cast acid rain on me and the fellows heroes and made his escape, obviously he is frightened by the power of song… I guess he's not as friendly as I thought.

(Say): You say, 'And you will all follow me wherever you maybe'
(Say): You say, 'I shall lead you in the dance said he!!'

Others followed Tchurvul immediately, however I remained within the acid rain to see how potent his magic is… I did not feel any of the effects and it was a rather pleasant experience in actuality. Others, such as Erda and Arashin followed Tchurvul into in the chasm in House Kundarak… Tchurvul was still alive at the bottom, however those who followed promptly fell to their demise – and in the case of Arashin more than once. During this time, I was debating which song to share with our friends upon next seeing them, when unexpectedly Tchurvul’s associate appeared & prevented me from taking action – apparently they do have some potent magics even if other spells, like acid rain, are just for show.

While looking for these two I strongly suggest the use of vision aids such as True Seeing and See Invisbility, since I was unable to detect Derneal by sight but rather by hearing his footstep -- I’m a bard ya know, got that musician’s ear afterall.

Standard): You have been halted. You will be unable to perform any actions until it is removed.
(Admin): +Derneal tells you, 'Muahahah''
(Say): You say, 'Hi friend'
Say): You say, 'You're sneaky like Axyl Rose'---

After I recovered, Tchurvul had disappeared & Derneal had vanished. I overheard them speaking & approached them. They were quite immersed in their talk and paid no mind to my friendly offer of ham... they also didn't even hear my song -- it was fascinating yet they remained unaffected... Poor fellows.


(General): [+Derneal] Fare tidings, Tchurvul.
(Say): You say, 'Would you like some Ham?'
(General): [+Tchurvul] Were you born an idiot or did you practice at it? Do not speak my name aloud! You failed me at our last meeting. You were disrespectful and allowed others to follow you.
(General): [+Derneal] My men have received the caches you have arranged for us. They will soon reach the shores of Ataraxia’s haven. There they will hide the stores safely in anticipation of our eventual raid upon Stormreach.


However, I quickly stumbled across their meeting behind the potion shop… I was the first one there for their meeting -- It was intuition really. I have provided a snapshot I managed to take of their meeting before others showed up on the scene:

Say): You say, 'HI guys' **Photo** (http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m299/Musicjunkie68/Random%20Oddities/ScreenShot00184.jpg)

I was also able to record their conversation, which was very informative. It would appear that House Kundarak, and Atraxia’s Haven in particular may be potential hot spots. Additional supervision is needed in this area to monitor as best we can the traffic of their minions… as is made obvious by their conversation:

General): [+Tchurvul] See that that you have. I have little patience and it grows ever smaller with you. Now, what news do you have for me?
General): [+Derneal] Aye, the chances of the duergar or others finding them are slim at best.
(General): [+Tchurvul] Good news indeed. I trust you the stores will not be found?
(Emote): Jstars salutes +Tchurvul.
Emote): Jstars salutes +Derneal.
General): [+Derneal] Aye, the chances of the duergar or others finding them are slim at best.
(General): [+Tchurvul] I put more trust in you than I should. See that the caches are not found! I have other arrangements to make concerning the next stage of my plans.
(General): [+Derneal] Worry not, Vulture, my men will not fail us.
(General): [+Tchurvul] Let us be away from these interlopers!
(General): [+Derneal] Very well. Until our next meeting

At this point a plethora of Adventurers stumbled upon them, and they quickly vanished while summoning beholders and casting spells such as grease (in attempts to make us fall into the chasm) & ice storm. In the future I suggest that not so many adventurers pounce upon them during a meeting so we can learn more of their plans, however they should definitely remain close to fight off the hordes they will no doubt summon in efforts to dispose of us… like the beholder did to poor Erda after the meeting disperesed… she was savaged & thrown into the chasm through telekinesis, fortunately she was promply revived. We love our Erda. Furthermore, they left no traces of their passing, there were no lost items or the like.

In summation: Prowl Atraxia's Haven. Use True Seeing/See Invisbility when looking. & Be ready to defend yourself. Maybe bring cupcakes, they might like those... I didn't have any handy -- they don't like ham. :(

I hope this information serves us well in our efforts to track these fools down.
~Musicman, Thelanis.

ccheath776
10-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Tovala marched along the sands of the haven sneaking in her invisibility cloak as she had so many times before. The less monsters saw her the better. She took to making many sneaky trips into the haven more than often, picking up dropped weapons or lost treasures. What other adventurers had left behind or left on their dead bodies after meeting an unfortunate end.
As she walked she noticed something different a line in the sand. Hmm, whats this?

She followed the line in the sand until it reach a rock face. It had an odd discoloration, she had seen many secret doors like that before. A simple search found the mechanism to trigger it open. The wall slid away rather easily. She stepped inside and there were....many things related to weaponry and a cache of assorted other equipment. As she looked on in confusion a click was heard behind her and the wall began to slide close leaving her in darkness. A voice suddenly broke the silence. "Please.. stay a while. Afterall, I cannot let your report what you have found..."

Tovala's screams were swallowed up by the darkness before the haven once again fell silent.

**
I received this parchment only just a day or so ago.
Fellow stormreach and citizens of goodwill I have found the cache. It is somewhere in Artaxia's haven. Look for a wall and...
The parchment ends there. A rougue from my elite cadre of adventurers reported a place in the haven where she got the sense of a secret door, but was unable to find it by any means even with the spell detect secret doors.
I brought in several other adventurers to check on this but nobody not even the most elite of door finders was unable to find the source.


** Translation. My best guess would be in the artaxia's haven and look for a wall or other place where you get a detect secret doors symbol see if you can find the cache that way. That would be my guess.

cyc0tik
10-08-2007, 04:04 AM
can you provide more of a location of where the secret door alert comes up?

ccheath776
10-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Well there are only two places that duergar are present. Artaxia haven and the forest that leads to the relic of the sovereign past.

The forest was empty.

Artaxias haven, I did a sneak through with my rougue and at one point I saw the Detect secret doors warning pop up and then go away. I stopped looked around and tried to get it again but I didn't see it. After about 5 mins I saw it pop again. Casted DSD on myself, I didn't hear the typical sound that said I found a door so I just kept walking around. I did search, still nothing. So something is there but I dont know where. Mind you I could be wrong so please dont take my word as fact. I dont want to be accused of spreading false rumors. But here is the best I could do.

Location - The best way to describe it.
Go towards the cackling canyon and just north of the rock totem, There's a few walls there. I was sneaking by there and got the message but like i said it quickly dissapeared.
I got another around the rocky beach and one more near the ocean cave.
In other words There is something out there. I am sending another expidition tonight to see what can be found. Be weary, after sneaking around for a few more minutes I think +tchurvul showed up because I saw a hafling sneaking around and I quickly recalled out of there. Terrah is more than capable of whipping that evil one's behind but my rougue is not and prefers a good dark corner to hide in to a stand up fight. Specially since he can summon friends.
So if you find the cache or go search for it. Be mindful and bring friends.
Hope that helps and good luck.
Once shiado learns how to draw properly or find a good artist to draw she will get me some pictures.
I have sent some of the friends of my guild in to search as well and will let you know of the results. I absolutely encourage everyone to check. The sooner it is found the sooner it can be reported or ransacked. Terrah as a paladin would not care of the cache was found or plundered, which ever works best to keep it away from Tchurvul.

Mad_Bombardier
10-08-2007, 08:56 AM
ccheath, awesome transcripts. Thanks for filling us in on the whereabouts of this scoundrel. :)

ccheath776
10-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I will say it again. Be careful, I dont want to send hapless adventurers to their deaths. If that hafling wizard shows up, turn tale and run. Thats my suggestion. :eek:

cyc0tik
10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
ccheath776 i am on khyber as well. if you need additional help for your expedition feel free to contact me. i have several people ready including a rogue, cleric and fighter (drever, torrentt, zaniith) along with several guildies that will aid the cause. thanks for the info and good luck on your search.

ccheath776
10-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Absolutely torrent Pm sent.

ccheath776
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Well we got the best secret door hunter in the business Muckabelle out there from one end of the island to the next. No dice on the cache.
They must have moved it by now.

Dont think this is over +tchurvul. We will continune to keep our eye on the haven and we will find your weapons cache soon. Terrah has reported her friend shiado's encounter to the proper coin lord authorities my cohorts have assured me that you should not get too comfortable in the idea that your plans will succeed because they will not.

Keep searching everyone we will find this secret cache of yours soon.

tchurvul
10-09-2007, 02:30 PM
... turn tale and run. Thats my suggestion. :eek:

Your tales will not protect you! Just run! mwuahahahahahahahaha!

Muirtach
10-09-2007, 02:46 PM
But what if the tale is really fascinating?

Snow_Wolf
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Hail Adventurers!

After Muckabelle and myself searched Artaxias, Drever and members did a search and I returned out there a 2nd time not to find anything. Before I went to bed I searched Sorrow Dusk and found nothing. If the cache was moved and is still on the Island it is in a difficult place to get to. Perhaps the base of the Lighthouse which can only be accessed via the mission and exiting through the top of the Lighthouse to the base of it. Warning. A bad location to pop out and now I have been told you immediately fall to the base. I guess some change they made. ? Anyway better save your mana for the fight that is if you can get anything off w/ 10 Beholders around.

Other locations that need searching are the Desert and the Islands. I can solo searching the Desert w/o being detected but the Islands you should bring help on. Just running around as a knight might not mean you Detect Secret Doors and thus trigger the event so thieves snag a warrior or more thief multiclasses and search as a team. A good group of multiclass thieves can act like a good commando group and take out the interferance at getting to the Island surfaces. Good luck out there.

Report any findings here or send tells to Snowwolf, Snowwolfjr, Odinvar, Shimazu, Illideu, Illidew, Illi, Despairs, if you need help after finding the Little Dog.

Keep your bow string and fletchings dry,
Snow Wolf
Time: 1251 P.S.T.
Date: 071009

ccheath776
10-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Your tales will not protect you! Just run! mwuahahahahahahahaha!

Shiado runs and hides, a rougues way. Terrah does not, she awaits patiently for your return.
Your statement only makes me wonder how close I really came to finding it.

ccheath776
10-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok lets start from the beggining and search the conversation more carefully.

(General): [+Derneal] My men have received the caches you have arranged for us. They will soon reach the shores of Ataraxia’s haven. There they will hide the stores safely in anticipation of our eventual raid upon Stormreach.
(General): [+Tchurvul] Good news indeed. I trust you the stores will not be found?
(General): [+Derneal] Aye, the chances of the duergar or others finding them are slim at best.
(General): [+Tchurvul] I put more trust in you than I should. See that the caches are not found! I have other arrangements to make concerning the next stage of my plans.
(General): [+Derneal] Worry not, Vulture, my men will not fail us.

Elayne steps forward with all her wisdom and the help of a crafty wizard Daomuck. Wisdom and intelligence should be able to figure this out.
So lets take a look at this.
First item that speaks of evidence.
"They will soon reach the shores of Ataraxia’s haven. There they will hide the stores safely in anticipation of our eventual raid upon Stormreach."

So that tells me the cache is out there somewhere on the island. BUT we searched the island thoroughly with no luck. Shiado may have sense some things but unfortunatly it cannot be confirmed. So lets go with the thorough search shall we?
Lets take this at face value for now and say that because of this statement the cache is most definately in the Haven. But the question is where? Afterall a wiseman once said. If you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left however unlikely must be the truth.

A clue is in this statement
"Aye, the chances of the duergar or others finding them are slim at best."

Well where are there Duergar?
They are pretty much all over the haven but are centered around eastern and western regions if I am not mistaken. But our search turned up nothing.

So what else do we have? Well there are Duergar in the iron forest region near where you would get to the relic of the sovereign past and the second part of the Haywire saga.
But, also is there not missions in the Haven that have duergar in them?
Perhaps its time to take a closer look in the haven's actual quests.
Will let you know of the results tonight folks.
Keep up the good search.

cyc0tik
10-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Your tales will not protect you! Just run! mwuahahahahahahahaha!

Just show your face Vulture and Drever and his comrades will surely run there! In the end you will be the one tucking your tail and running, again.

Drever, his partner in crime Pandorrah and accompanied by additional support along with communications with Snow Wolf did a search of the island with no results. So if it was there it has been moved elsewhere on the island or to a new location all together. So keep a look out for hidden areas or strange happens. If you are on Khyber you can report info to Snow Wolf and his alts along with Drever, Torrentt or Zaniith my alts.

Yurimoto
10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey CChealth, what kinda spot/search did your rogues have and did you use trueseeing/see invisibility?

DaoMuck
10-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Hail Elayne,

tonight when we get a chance, show me where you got your dsd message and lets see if we can reproduce the situation with muckabelle's senses. The duergar can be found in and around both quests. The crater in the center of the island and the lighthouse. These two areas seem the most likely because there are duegar in the area and they are close to water, which will be needed to transport the cache to stormreach. The crater is more likely since it is close to the island's actual port and there are caves to hide the items in. However, you said your encounters were on the beaches. We shall see how long this coward can hide.:D

Tygre
10-09-2007, 11:49 PM
... no luck.

Ran the lighthouse, again no luck.
Went out through the top to see that the spawn point has shifted off and down from the top of the lighthouse, no way to grab even with dimensional door throwing you back up. Nothing could be tabbed or backspaced on top.

Annoyed :/

ccheath776
10-10-2007, 09:50 AM
... no luck.

Ran the lighthouse, again no luck.
Went out through the top to see that the spawn point has shifted off and down from the top of the lighthouse, no way to grab even with dimensional door throwing you back up. Nothing could be tabbed or backspaced on top.

Annoyed :/

Darnit. Thank you for trying.

We will try the quest that is in the crator in the haven. There is a quest in there, maybe we shall see.
I know my compatriots searched the caves in the haven near the duergar camps. No luck.
Maybe it is in the actual duergar quest.
The only other option is to check the iron forest.
If none of that yields results we can prolly call it quits and scede that either its just hidden to darn well or the duergar have captured the cache and taken it for themselves.

Litz had a good point. Its possible that this may be a new rare encounter in the haven possibly. Not sure.

- My search was not very high. About a 20 or so. I was standing near the rock totem on that beach. there is a trail that leads up away from the beach. As I said it was only a flicker of a DSD.

I dont think the beaches is where it is going to be. We have searched all of them. My best guess is the crator or any other place that the duergar dwell.

cyc0tik
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
i dont think its in the forest. i have another source that said it had something to do with the island. maybe we just have to wait for more info or clues.

ccheath776
10-10-2007, 01:39 PM
i dont think its in the forest. i have another source that said it had something to do with the island. maybe we just have to wait for more info or clues.

I think we will have to wait. Maybe the shipment and cache have not yet arrived.
DOH!!

AS I told Tchurvul. We will be watching

Wotansdottir
10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Erda's Story:

On the night in question, I was preparing to venture forth to the Restless Isles with a cadre of my guildmates. I was really in the mood for some robot ribs this particular evening as my stash of titanium toothpicks was running low. You know... you really can't have enough of those. But I digress. I was having one of those moments where I was running... and forgot midstride where it was I was going. I stopped by the fountain in front of House Deneith, and with hand to chin, mentally retraced my steps.

It was then that I saw a shadow flutter by my side. The grass rustled where there was no wind, and I saw footprints appear in the dirt where no body to form them was to be seen. I rubbed my eyes, and taking my fists from my face I could make out a form, crouched as in manner of one who is trying to move undetected. I did what any curious and slightly careless person would do, and proceeded to sneak alongside the shady character.

Oh, did I mention I also tried to poke them? Yes, [Erda giggles] I quite enjoy this game, of poking the people I meet. I try to see how long it takes until I get a reaction out of them. Sometimes they laugh, sometimes they turn around swinging, or in the case of my friend Gauche the Warforged they remind me that they do not actually have this thing we humans refer to as "Senses" and therefore can not be annoyed by my persistent poking... Oh goodness.

I keep forgetting what's going on. Where was I? Oy, yes. Sneaky time. So... I am sneaking behind this wily character and as I draw closer, I can recognize his shape more precisely. There was some sort of enchantment upon him, causing me to be unable to garner a completely accurate description of said character of shadiness. I decided it was time to channel my inner blue unicorn, and putting on my blue dragon scale helmet, I followed Mr. Shady Sneaky Man to his destination, which was House Kundarak.

At this time, I had attracted the attention of several of my guild sisters and brothers, squealing and waving my hands about. (Of course the sight of an "Erda" squealing and waving her hands about is not that uncommon, but at least there was a legitimate reason for my episode this time!) What excitement! A posse of Vagabonds snuck into House of Kundarak, and we followed Mr. Shady Sneaky Man until we lost track of him and he suddenly disappeared.

I sniffed. I had been rather enjoying my game of poking the shady person, and he disappeared on me! Just as I was about to turn my attention towards another victi-- err.... endeavor, I received a strange, quiet message.... as though a sweet whisper caressing my ear.... I heard a voice...

"Missed me!"

I spun around, looking for the source of the voice. My eyes darted to the heights of the surrounding walls and buildings. All at once... I could not move. I stood as one frozen, held in place by some sort of .... evil enchantment? Suddenly, a man appeared next to me!! His face was the likes of which I have never seen. Striking and rugged, the figure flashed a grin, and my heart stopped as he grabbed my hand and began to dance! A few seconds passed--- feeling as an eternity-- and the man disappeared in a flash as quickly as he had appeared.

The holding enchantment ceased. My body collapsed on the ground as I regained feeling in my limbs. As I lay there, catching my breath, words entered my mind again. That voice...

"Look for the source of the light... There you will find me."

I stopped in my tracks. I... the light? In my peripheral vision I could see a glare... I looked up... the force beams! As one compelled, I ran to the far reaches of the house, following the force beams. As gold they shined, until I reached my destination at the top of the Kundarak Bank. As my guild friends ran back and forth around the perimeter, we heard another voice ring across the cobbles... Tchurval! Slimy scum, this man who had been scheming and plotting across Stormreach, but this was not the voice I had heard in my mind, certainly not the man who grabbed my hand and cast his spell on me.

Another voice joined his, and the two participated in some strange dialogue which I could not completely record to memory. Snatches of it caught my ears, involving hidden weapons, and other shady dealings with the dark dwarves. My guild sisters and brothers chased the voices to a point in the house, a great chasm, and I remember little about what happened next.

I was told later that one of the men summoned a beholder, and in the scuffle I fell into the chasm. It did nothing for my constitution nor my memory, as I have had trouble remembering even the very mundane acts of day-to-day life since that time.

But I remember that voice.

Sir_Lawrence
10-12-2007, 03:59 PM
A few days ago, several citizens around Stormreach witnessed a conversation between +Tchurvul and +Derneal. This conversation mentioned that a caravan will be traveling in Ataraxia’s Haven storing supplies for an eventual attack upon our city. This morning, Marl Murkdelver confirmed these reports when he angrily walked into my office stating that there have been sightings of travelers destabilizing the friendship between the Haven and Stormreach!

The peoples of the Haven have dismantled several ships found along their shores and have demanded that Coin Lords to do something about these villains. Unfortunately, due to the rise in Emerald Claw activity around the city, Stormreach cannot afford to send any troops to Ataraxia’s Haven.

I humbly ask that you, the heroes of our city, sally forth to the Haven on Marl’s ship and stop the Claw’s activities. The journey will be dangerous and we do not expect everyone to return unscathed. If you are up to the task, you may keep the supplies you find, unfortunately, the Coin Lords cannot offer more in return for your bravery. We do not know where that may be in Ataraxia’s, those who go should be wary of their surroundings and explore the entire island to ensure a complete evacuation of all who dare threaten Stormreach or our friends.

Marl Murkdelver’s ship will be leaving for Ataraxia’s at the following Times:
[Ataraxia's haven is for level 7 and higher.]

Ghallanda: October 13, between the hours of 5:00pm EST to 6:30pm EST
Khyber: October 13, between the hours of 6:30pm EST to 8:00pm EST
Sarlona: October 13, between the hours of 8:00pm EST to 9:30pm EST
Thelanis: October 13, between the hours of 9:30pm EST to 11:00pm EST
Argonnessen: October 13, between the hours of 11:00pm EST to 12:30am EST

We ask that post your finding at Ataraxia’s here so we know that the caravans have been halted. May the Silver Flame guide you to victory!

ccheath776
10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Terrah picks up her sword off the bed inside the room where she has been renting for some time.
She dropped the parchment with the announcement of the arrival of the next ship and bounded out the door ready for a fight.
As she passed Muckka she only smiled, her long time friend returned the smile, dashed into her room to get her things and followed after.
The hunt was on once again.


*my only regret is that I doubt I will be able to make it to this event. 6:30pm is well within wife agro territory. I will try to do my best to sneak into the computer room undetected*

elmerius
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
It won't be that easy to get away. Odgar will have to crush you and your evil plots against this great city.

DaoMuck
10-12-2007, 10:35 PM
I too have a family gathering to attend and won't make it.

Why can't evil keep a more convenient schedule. +tchurvul, how about you raid stormreach a week from saturday about 9pm est. That works better with my schedule.:D

ccheath776
10-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I too have a family gathering to attend and won't make it.

Why can't evil keep a more convenient schedule. +tchurvul, how about you raid stormreach a week from saturday about 9pm est. That works better with my schedule.:D

terrible thing about evil. They never stick to schedule.

Saaluta
10-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Picks up her wand and scroll pouch and heads to Ataraxias Haven at 6:30 pm EST :)

See you there
Saal :)

SteeleTrueheart
10-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Steele stands up from his prayers to the Host and places his small targath holy symbol back under the breastplate of his armor. His gaze travels around the small clean room he rents close to the harbour docks, until it finally settles on the sword rack beside the bed. As he moves over to the weapons he tightens his armor straps and mentally weighs each bastard sword in his mind. With a whispered prayer to Dol Arrah and Dol Dorn, he picks up two swords and places them on his bed. Yes they will be servicable.

Steele sits down at his small wooden desk and scans the parchment again “Marl Murkdelver’s ship will be leaving for Ataraxia’s...” With twelve hours yet before the ship is due to leave Steele puts the parchment neatly aside and takes up his journal and quill ready to write down the events of yesterday and his plans for today. It was always best to prepare this way, for he knew one day he would not return and it would allow his brother Lex a small comfort to know where and when Steele had met his fate.

The thwarting of the Emerald Claws' plans would be a noble act indeed, worthy of any paladin.

Solstice
10-13-2007, 12:08 PM
[roleplay on]
I'll seek and destroy tchurvul's plan for one simple motive: he not invite one of most devoted Emerald Claw's Clerics for help him... Solsticium, a Lawful Evil priest, will show what this little halfling deserves: die for betraying others from Emerald Conspiracy.
[roleplay off]



[suggestion for next events]
Why not split (in areas or something like that] the guys that choose the emerald claw path on litany of the dead series against the guys that choose nothing or the silver flame way? Could create 2 plots and objectives for each "team"...

Snow_Wolf
10-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Hail Adventurers!

Snow Wolf will not be able to make it in time. Having gone out to Tangleroot to gather herbs for healing and for Litz's spell material components, as well as the rest of the guild and allied guild, Tchurvul has stuck at the right time. My entire 2 squads of adventurers will have to hope for the best and listen to the tales in the taverns of Storm Reach.
Best of luck.

Keep your bow string and fletchings dry,
Snow Wolf(Snowwolf)
AND many more

Time: 1232 P.S.T.(at work :( )
Date: 071013

Hin
10-13-2007, 04:53 PM
We have found an instance with the emerald claw. A few baked clay golems with some caches. One chest that we cannot open yet.

LeLoric
10-13-2007, 05:30 PM
We found one too opened the chests and nothing but normal loot

Hin
10-13-2007, 05:33 PM
We found one too opened the chests and nothing but normal loot
Did you find one that you could not open--looked like a normal chest? We found 4 or 5 unlocked ones.

LeLoric
10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
nope we never found one we cant open

Shaamis
10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
2 baked clay golems and some emerals claw guys in the east side of the island....

more found (two groups 3 and 2 clay golenms) on the south side island, 7 unlocked chests retrieved so far, no named loot

more found in the center two golems and two chests, no special items to speak of. 11 chests so far

754 pm, havent found anymore caravans, golems or emerald claw members. we scared them off! Huzzah!!!!!

bring it on E.C.!!

Danceon
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
We found a caravan. Baked clay golem and several Emerald claw warriors. Chest with normal loot. Found a total fo three chests. No named loot


http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd262/cdkopelev/ScreenShot00030.jpg

Rowanheal
10-13-2007, 06:23 PM
While we found 3 sets of Emerald claw gang members and a few golems, we did not find out anything further in the story.

By the mines (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/rowanheal/ss_file-6aa32ba36a961be92914efd7a0b89176e0cfd555.jpg)

Near the fishing docks (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/rowanheal/ss_file-25170f03025e5349c5ec482d10ba01bc095377c4.jpg)

So we stopped their caravan.

No exclusive items found.

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

rfachini
10-13-2007, 06:59 PM
As told in the Everful Flagon by Dedlee Feverblanch:

"I assembled a group of warriors today and went back to visit Ataraxia's Haven. It was still as gorgeous as ever and still overrun by unfriendly and rather ugly grey dwarves. With my new weapon collection and stronger forearms I was able to do much better in my battles this time, thanks also to my capable companions.

We also found that the Emerald Claw had moved in and was working with the dwarves. They had large clay creatures with them as well. All were vanquished and their meager loot was shared by our group."

woodspider
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Today some M.A.C. players found 10 or 11 chest, killed 400 emarld claw and clay/baked golems, and found nothing special in loot.

On a side note, a ceartin +claw teased us with a special chest but it was only available for 2 seconds, and no one was able to reach it before evil magic wisked it away!

Missing_Minds
10-13-2007, 07:45 PM
found one group of E.C. Nothing special out of it. No special people as a part of the group. It should be noted however, that what we found showed up later in the instance. One of our rather fat halfings ran through the docks, I followed about about 1 minute later and low and behold they were there when he went through they were not.

Laprion
10-13-2007, 08:45 PM
i solod most of the island before friend join me and nothing all though it :( don't them claws thought i was strong anoth i so wish i could teach them a lesson

Kraldor
10-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Sarlona server, scoured the island and found four chests (accompanied by Emerald Claw soldiers and baked clay golems). Two by Mineshaft IV, one by the rock totem, and one by the northeast corner of the map (on a small beach). Mediocre loot, no special items, no appearances by +Tchurvul or +Derneal.

Yurimoto
10-13-2007, 09:54 PM
so whats the update on the raid?

ccheath776
10-13-2007, 10:00 PM
terrah Walked along the beach clad in her full plate barely marred by the battle. A few emerald claw bandits and some meaningless weapons and no sign of Tchurvul. She picked up one of the longswords out of the cold dead hands of one of the dead maruaders and thrust it into the sand. They proved no match for us, no casualties. She could only say what she burned and hated to say. She turned to muckka.
"I think we've been had. Its apparant this was only a distraction. If this is Tchurvul's weapon cache it is grossly underpowered and couldnt lay sieg to pig pen...." she paused and looked at her other companions before waving her hand and giving the signal.
"Lets go back to stormreach, as much as I wanted this to be a final showdown I dont think this is the last we shall see of them. Lets move out."
As she turned to leave the haven she looked down in the sand. A black speck caught her eye. A piece of black cloth, it reeked of evil but she waved off the scent and picked it up. It only meant one thing. The dark wizard was there, somewhere watching, perhaps planning for the next move. As she looked it over she felt that same sense of something darker than Tchurvul, a beast, a tempest of overwhelming hate. Something she had felt before after first learning of the new threat, it disturbed her greatly and turned what she thought was going to be another routine trampling of evil into a serious mission to end this. She had heard of such things before, hate so dark that it spawned an evil worse than its host. If this darker evil continued to fester Tchurvul would be the least of their problems, it was something she would need to speak to a more specialized one about. Lanfeer, she knew evil better than most and would be able to give her thoughts. Terrah turned heal and ran onto the ship as it departed for the trip back to stormreach.
As the shipped sailed off into the ocean, in a cave dark and perilous among the haven two eyes stared, the hate that powered it only grew stronger and it laughed in its throat at the thought of how powerful it would become. If just given a little longer to grow....

Tygre
10-13-2007, 10:25 PM
While indeed some small caches of equipment were found on the shores and in the duegar infested center of the Haven, the quality of both the equipment and the Vol worshipers was underwhelming to say the least. Even in numbers so large that time itself seemed to crawl as the bodies piled up next the the crumbling remnents of the clay golem servents, the emerald claw minions fell... spending their blood fruitlessly in order to protect... nothing. The material present was of little note... sure, it might be good enough to equip the sailor's standing guard out in 3-Barrel Cove... but no where near good enough to pose any sort of even mildly serious threat to the denizens of Stormreach. If this is what +Tchurvul's plans rely on, then his small, twisted dreams will bear little fruit. The only detail worth mentioning was the sighting of a person who wwent by the moniker of +Claw. While it was unclear whether or not he was friendly to our crew, it was fact that the minions of the emerald claw left him alone.. even if the natural creatures on the island did not. This +Claw entity most have had the favor of a powerful artificer indeed, because he must have been wearing the fleetest of magical boots. Even with arcane energies spurring our footsteps on, he easily outpaced us.

In any case, a proper after action report would show that 5 incursions and shipments of the Emerald Claw were discovered and routed during our cleansing of the Haven. One just past the fishing hole, one on a hilltop on the main island near the crazed kobold (who might actually turn out to be a dragon ... who can really know), one out on the small sand mound which hosts the spire of rock on the south side, one whose location was lost in the after battle drinking, and one which was dead center of the island, surrounded by the duargar.

Snike
10-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Event just started 50 mins ago on Argo. Cleared the zone 3 times, no EC.

Disappointing...

Don't know if it's true but someone said a GM has to come into your instance and "turn on" the spawns. It's not just 1 switch they pull for the zone for everyone. Must be nice to have GM friends some guys have already had 2 set of spawns.

Edit** Guess my 1.5 Hour timer is up 3 1/2 clears and no visit by a GM to spawn the event mobs. Very disappointing, 1.5 hours wasted doing nothing but killing a bunch of trash mobs for no reason. I can't even say oh I was there, I did that... cause I was there and I didn't do that...

Not a happy camper.

VirieSquichie
10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
We, on the other hand, found absolutely nothing despite scouring the whole island within the designated times.

Which weren't mentioned in-game, I might add, leaving people to have to magically realize they should check the forums.

Our group has wasted the last hour wondering if the event planners decided to get a little early shut-eye and not actually spawn anything.

Great event.

Kisaragi
10-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Not that I wasn't there. I was. I had a group and we were covering the island from top to bottom leaving no rock unturned. Result?

Not 1 single special monster for all our searching and interest into getting some fun.

Personally, I love the idea of live events. I wish we had more. Hide and seek, and random spawns are not working though. At least in my opinion. Often due to time/place, or even luck I get 0 chance to participate.

I wish we had more invasions within the town, or in special areas. Something special and fun. This...well I've sort of lost my interest in live events. I don't believe that no one had fun, just not this wizard.

Heh, I guess they're scared of the Madborn. Go figure.

I did however manage to get a rather unusual picture of something on the horizon. Made me want my own pirate ship with undead to sail it for me, but that's another story.

Sail away sail away sail away... (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/dealaka/ScreenShot00026.jpg)

Agarwaen
10-14-2007, 12:00 AM
See THEndor's post above. Our experience on Thelanis was identical.

Big-Dex
10-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Just as the event closed, +THE showed up in our instance.... 2 beholders, 4 baked clay golems and a pile of Emerald Claw agents later, we had six chest of mediocre loot. It was fun.

I want to know what kind of Striders +THE wears? That boy can RUN! ZOOM!

Sorry, but too tired to go into role playing mode. Argo was last to get the event. Peace!

Gypsy_Mouse
10-14-2007, 12:20 AM
I was actually able to participate in this segment and I had hoped for something small, but somewhat spectacular. I'm afraid that's not what I found. :(



~a note is left on one of the many public notice boards dotting the city's walls~

"To whom it may concern,

My group and I searched high and low in Ataraxia's Haven and discovered many unexplored nooks and crannies during our attempt at ferreting out the dirty rotters from the Emerald Claw. We did find three groups and their summoned clay golem and hyena minions. And while we did find that somewhat satisfying, we were left wanting more. We realized we did little more than thin their numbers, which were paltry at best, but the summons we answered led us to believe there would be larger foe, or at least numbers, to face and that our assistance was most vital. Despite the Emerald Claw's best efforts, they were flattened by our tiny wave and left begging for mercy which we did not show them. In fact, we found more trouble with the duergar plaguing the island than the Emerald Claw soldiers. We did not expect riches beyond our wildest dreams, therefore were not disappointed by the supplies and gear we pillaged. We knew someone, most likely younger and more inexperienced adventurers, would benefit from these things once on the open market.

However, we did ask ourselves how any of these forces and the supplies they were providing would be such a threat. With as many well-seasoned adventuring veterans crowding the city, we were simply puzzled by the urgency the Coin Lords placed upon this, especially with the disturbing rumors we keep hearing from the Necropolis which does seem more pressing.

Nevertheless, we did take small solace in the fact that we did provide a service even if our blades and spells are more honed for larger threats. Perhaps next time, we will will encourage younger adventurers to pursue these summons, leaving us available to take on the tasks they are not yet prepared for. Should the actual threat grow beyond the capable hands of these younger adventurers, rest assured I, and others, will gather another group and it shall be dealt with swiftly.


Yours in camaraderie,

A Cleric of the Sovereign Host"





I know this event wasn't supposed to be humongous simply by the nature of an instanced live event, but I guess we were hoping for something more. We did all agree it was a nice break from the grind we're already experiencing with the Necropolis area. I, personally, am hoping for a more challenging finale to the Emerald Claw pests. ;)

Glenalth
10-14-2007, 01:17 AM
Killed all the Emerald Claw soldiers we could find and chased +Claw to Mineshaft IV. I believe +Claw lost us in the mines, but we also saw +Claw disappear and appear out of thin air as well.

Jastron
10-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Last night we waited by the docks to Ataraxia's Haven on Sarlona at the appointed time, and we spotted the Claw going in there! We jumped in, and Claw who was in there with us and his evil band of Emerald Claw soldiers and Baked Claw Golems gave us quite the manhunt.

After each fight there was treasure, which although unspectacular for this one, was loot and it added up to be a good bit after about 5-7 chests. The Claw was a sneaky one and hid his loot well...but we got it all I think :) All told he brought hundreds of allies in there (which counted towards cleansing the isle of evil), about half that in one titanic battle on the western highlands part of the isle. Dontal got off a symbol of stunning before nearly perishing which saved the day! I had never seen so many enemies in one spot and may never again. Overall we had an enjoyable time, much more so than just doing a quest we could have done any day of the week. Thank you, +Sir and +Claw for a good time last night. Sadly we don't have further information on the plans of the evil alliance. Any scraps of paper with that on it were destroyed by the cometfalls and firewalls needed to overcome the evil.

Sokar6000
10-14-2007, 09:52 AM
After scouring the island, we declared that the EC is scared of The Madborn.

On the plus side, my lowbie was carried through the instance by my three level 14 guild mates, earning almost 11K XP. :P

I am curious, however, as to wheather or not anyone else caught sight of this shape?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Sokar3000/ScreenShot00006.jpg

Saaluta
10-14-2007, 10:16 AM
As my guildmates and I scoured the island laying waste to razorcats, duergar, wildmen, scrags, and other vile creatures...we came upon 3 or 4 pockets of Emerald Claw soldiers with their baked clay golems. The chests they left behind were worthless, but enough to recoup our armor and weapon repairs. If this is the best the Emerald Claw has to send against our beloved city of Stormreach, I say let them come...for there will be much and easy fighting for all :)

Saal :)

And I could have just left my wands and scrolls at home...if I had one :(

ccheath776
10-14-2007, 09:20 PM
THat far off spire is still there.
Get more pics and maybe even see if someone can swim to it.

Either way.

My review -
I didn't like that some people got spawns and some didn't . Some waited in their instances the whole time of the event and got nothing.
Funny that the loot was bad but I doubt this was an actual cache. I think it was a distraction.
Thank you for the event. Breaks the norm somewhat.

Let everyone get ready for the next instance as I am sure this is far from over.
As for you tchurvul, you send your lackeys to do your dirty work and they were hardly a challenge for my summoned celestial dog. Mr. Tchurvul, I'm laughing at the superior intellect.

ccheath776
10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
After scouring the island, we declared that the EC is scared of The Madborn.

On the plus side, my lowbie was carried through the instance by my three level 14 guild mates, earning almost 11K XP. :P

I am curious, however, as to wheather or not anyone else caught sight of this shape?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Sokar3000/ScreenShot00006.jpg

Where is this in the haven approximately?
Thanks for the pic.

Aeneas
10-15-2007, 12:09 AM
After scouring the island, we declared that the EC is scared of The Madborn.

On the plus side, my lowbie was carried through the instance by my three level 14 guild mates, earning almost 11K XP. :P

I am curious, however, as to wheather or not anyone else caught sight of this shape?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Sokar3000/ScreenShot00006.jpg

It's actually more visible at dusk. look at out into the water between cackling canyon and rock totem, in that area you'll see a triangular shape in the distance, almost like a big sail.

liamfrancais
10-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Had fun but was disappointed we did not fight any emerald claw don't care about the loot just the xp of being part of the RP aspect of the game, so it was disappointing that NO EC were to be found.

EazyWeazy
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
We cleared out twice and were on the third run when the event ended. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I was really excited for the event but was left disappointed.

:(

cyc0tik
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
After scouring the island, we declared that the EC is scared of The Madborn.

On the plus side, my lowbie was carried through the instance by my three level 14 guild mates, earning almost 11K XP. :P

I am curious, however, as to wheather or not anyone else caught sight of this shape?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Sokar3000/ScreenShot00006.jpg

if i recall correctly that has always been there. but i have no idea if it is a rock spire or sail.

Sir_Lawrence
10-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Stormreach has been quiet the last few days with no signs of +Tchurvul anywhere! Either his plans have been dashed or he is laying low at the moment. In each case, it is a clear sign that the efforts of every individual who ventured into Ataraxia's Haven has hampered his efforts to invade our fair city!

This is a sign of a concerted effort on everyone's part considering the task that was laid before them...

However, perseverance and dedication at two factors I have seen in many of the heroes in Stormreach! Huzzah! I commend each and every one of you! I am proud to call each of you a friend to the Coin Lords.

Of course, this does not mean that the threat of +Derneal and +Tchurvul is over. Do not let your guards down and always keep vigilant. If you ever see anything out of sync in the city, let me and the Coin Lords know immediately.

Thank you all once again and may the Silver Flame always guide you to safety!

Cidolfas
10-21-2007, 11:36 AM
There's all the people running around the Necropolis in Emerald Claw clothing!

Granted I can't hit them. And they aren't trying to kill me. But still, emerald claw!

Sir_Lawrence
10-21-2007, 02:50 PM
:) Those particular individuals are being carefully watched by the Silver Flame camp opposite them. If they do anything suspicious, I am sure they will ask for your aid just as I have. :)

Mad_Bombardier
10-21-2007, 04:32 PM
:) Those particular individuals are being carefully watched by the Silver Flame camp opposite them. If they do anything suspicious, I am sure they will ask for your aid just as I have. :)I believe Cidolfas was referring to THESE (http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z247/katfield/ScreenShot00037.jpg) people, seen in the OneFoot Inn (documented by Kashka Coolwater (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=124969)).

Apparently, even mighty adventurers flock to the Claw's banner! :eek: "The Emerald Claw; it's not just for deranged cultists, anymore." :D

Missing_Minds
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Be that as it may, It should be noted that the Emerald claw may be storing crates in Stormreach proper itself already.

Having traveled the sewers for Wayfinder Dael in search of an artifact I believe relates to the Stormreaver Prophacey, I have come across several larger than normal crates. Normally kobolds steal barrels and crates of wine and beer sizes. (yes, dwarves, kobolds steal your beer.) However, the size of these crates could easily fit a warforged. Perhapes even enough material to create more clay golems that they seem to enjoy using.

I have informed Wayfinder Dael of my findings, +Sir Lawrence. I would advice that coin lords look into these crates as well. To date I have yet to find anything of note within them, but one can never be to careful with the likes of Tchyrchal and Deneral.

(of course after further playing of these lobie aeras... I've come to the conclusion this is really a bug in game. too many areas and too many huge crates that became near un breakable.)

ccheath776
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Hail Sir lawrence, My esteemed collegue wishes to spe...

Terrah - "Out of the way. Is that your reaction Coin lords and the silver flame? wait around until the mountain has fallen on your head! Grrrr. That minor incident in artaxia's was a distraction. Something bigger is coming. Typical Silver flame response, I would expect nothing less. My question is if the emerald claw is such a threat why do we tolerate their presence in the necropolis!! How long does the silver flame sit idly by while standing across from the enemy of stormreach?

"Tchurvul is a criminal and murderer yet your only reaction is thanking the gods that stormreach is quiet. Posting a few wanted signs?, Although the signs are a good way to make some artistic creations, but that is not the point. What of those among us in stormreach who have secretly claimed loyalty to the claw? What of them? I fear these questions will not be answered until the scurge is breaking down the walls of the city."

Kire
10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Lol i just made a thread relating to the Emerald Claw conspiracy and it was deleted :eek: I think it was a sign of what is to come ;) So to those who read you may have glimpsed the future. To those who didnt. perhaps im a magician mwahahah

moorewr
10-24-2007, 08:04 AM
I wish to report a sizable ghoul attack near the House K teleporter on Thelanis last night.

I spotted a red-robed magician hiding behind the archway pillar on the walk to the armor broker, and he teleported out as soon as I saw him. The I fell through a wall and was stuck!

Seydlitz
10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
There were also some mummies in the same area. Quite a fight!

Seydlitz

GeneralDiomedes
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I wish to report a sizable ghoul attack near the House K teleporter on Thelanis last night.

I spotted a red-robed magician hiding behind the archway pillar on the walk to the armor broker, and he teleported out as soon as I saw him. The I fell through a wall and was stuck!

hehe I actually saw you stuck there!

If we defeat the Emerald Claw does that mean we destroy the mysterious source causing characters to become lodged in the Stormreach superstructure?

BTW this was pretty neat to see ghouls and mummies wandering around .. I'll call it 'ghouls gone wild' :)

moorewr
10-24-2007, 06:18 PM
hehe I actually saw you stuck there!

What did you see? Just parts of me poking out of the wall as I moved?

The walls were invisible to me; so at least I got a front-row seat for the fighting. Logging out and back in nudged me back on the player side of the wall.

GeneralDiomedes
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
What did you see? Just parts of me poking out of the wall as I moved?

The walls were invisible to me; so at least I got a front-row seat for the fighting. Logging out and back in nudged me back on the player side of the wall.

Well, I actually can't remember the name of the character I saw stuck (they were wearing robes, red I think), but I assumed it was you.

I saw _somebody_ stuck on the left side of the break in the structure surrounding the House K teleporter. They were kind of wedged between some beams and the wall .. and I could see all of them.

ccheath776
10-30-2007, 12:03 AM
I am sorry my friends if this will be ignored but this is the only place I thought to post this. I bring you this story that Terrah decided to tell me. She tells me as she feels it has much to do with Tchurvul.

Terrah walked through the streets of the great marketplace. She was weary of the previous days since the incident in Artaxia's. There had been no more threats, no more battles, no emerald claw pouring over the walls. Yet, she doubted that insignificant squabble had turned the dark wizard back.
As she walked she suddenly felt a presence looking at her from every direction. She swiveled in place and looked around, into the allys, the shadows, all over the market place. There was nothing. She shuddered as if chilled by a cold wind and her heart began to thump wildly in her heart. this cannot be She thought as she stood staring around the grounds.
She broke into a run and toward the pheonix tavern hopeful that who she saught would be there, if her feelings were correct they would all soon be in danger. She burst through the tavern door and there in the corner sat elayne with Muckka casually sipping some wine. Terrah approached the table and spoke directly to her friend Muckka with eyes in near tears.
"The darkness has returned, I tell you this. It has returned."
The drow sat up in her place and looked around as if Terrah had cursed her mother.
"Impossible Terrah, you speak lies and half feelings. Do not speak of such things, that structure is long gone and what you speak of is a tale told by the elder mothers to scare the children." Muckka said.
"I TELL YOU I FELT IT!!!" Terrah hissed.
Muckka then spoke sharply. "Will you mind your voice, more than just drow know of that secret and if they hear you mentioning they would have you knifed."
Elayne sat up and spoke. "Tell of what? What darkness? I detect no evil."
Terrah shut her mouth and then rolled her eyes before sighing in disgust at Muckka.
Terrah then spoke.
"Despite my friends protests it is best if I explain the story to you first. What I am about to say is a deeply held secret known to drow and to none outside our ranks. Do not repeat this, I say this for your own safety."

Terrah sat down and then began to speak the following tale.
"Those who do not know the history of the ground where stormreach lies would find it hard to understand why I head warnings to Tchurvul and the city officials about treading on the grounds of this place. This place was once ruled by a master race of Giants who made powerful marvels beyond imagination. The very place I stand on beneath this tavern in the marketplace was once a sacred ground. It was a time long ago that the Giants danced at their ingenuity in their creation of the spirit maker. A massive stone structure that was said to contain the souls of all spirits in the world. By devouring these spirits the giants believed they could live forever and also produce a power source that would provide them with all the energy they could ever need. All they had to do was to enter the structure, somehow meld with the tower mentally and they would then gain an immortal life. Yet, they were fooled, for the machine malfunctioned and instead of working to preserve their life it brought their darkest evils into the world.
The giants were unaware of this until one day an invisible dark creature began to devour them one by one. They did not know why this thing, this manifestation was destroying them until it was almost too late. It was then they learned the horrible truth. The machine was not to give them eternal life, but to bring their deepest evils into reality. When they discovered this they struck out against the tower and destroyed it, then buried it deep within the ground under the very place I stand.
The giants of that time believed the scourge to be over. They were wrong for when the giants kingdom fell and my elders visited this place and felt the power of that structure still here. They warned the founders of stormreach to be weary of where they build, for the structure still lives.
Why do I tell you this? Because I believe that darkness has returned brought on by none other than Tchurvul himself. The more he hates the more the tower begins to fester that evil and for one as powerful as him, it will feed off his energy and I believe it has created a manifestation of itself. Or in this case of himself. If I am correct, then around this city there is a shadow lurking in the dark recesses of this place and it is waiting until it is powerful enough.
When it feels it is time it will begin to devour the people of this city one by one until eventually it will devour Tchurvul thus ending the scourge. Nothing can stop it but him. This festering evil, this tempest of shadow can only be stopped when the dark wizard turns away his hatred from this city and leaves for good Or if Tcurvul is destroyed.
So now you understand what I believe is happening and I believe soon this darkness will begin to manifest in different ways like bringing back the dead. For when the dead march, the dark creature will feed."

Muckka and Elayne looked on with concerned looks but Muckka spoke quickly waiving her hands.
"Stop it Terrah your scaring the children. Tales, thats all they are. Fabrications brought out by the insane elders to scare us all." Muckka then laughed and walked toward the bar to get another ale.
Elayne turned back and questioned.
"What do we do if this is the truth?"

Terrah spoke slowly.
"We must get in touch with Tchurvul, convince him in some way to stop his campaign and make him understand that if he does conquer stormreach, he will only bring about his own end. once he sees there is no gain to taking the city he may leave."
Elayne "I dont suppose your proposing we walk up to his home, knock on the door and invite ourselves in do you?"
Terrah - She sniffed then spoak. "I would be surprised if it was just that easy but that's not my plan. I will try to draw him out, make him appear and then I could make him understand."
Elaye "Perhaps that may work."
Terrah "Not perhaps. We have no choice. I will meet with one of the emerald claw and tell them to give Tchurvul a message. Amnesty if he leaves."
Elayne "Do as you must then."

Terrah walked away from the table and then out of the tavern into the cold Stormreach air. She sighed as she again felt the impending darkness close in and began to walk toward House Phearlain. She knew of a ferry person who would give her travel to the necropolis.