PDA

View Full Version : Practice Area?

Takeju
10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
What about an area where I can practice new spells / equipment? As it stands right now, when my wizard levels, I have no idea how the spells will work. So I either have to go into dungeons blind with my "new" spells. Or I have to take a guild member into a tavern brawl area and try the spells on him.
It could be as simple as a "target" in a brawl area.

Borror0
10-04-2007, 10:43 PM
What about an area where I can practice new spells / equipment? As it stands right now, when my wizard levels, I have no idea how the spells will work. So I either have to go into dungeons blind with my "new" spells. Or I have to take a guild member into a tavern brawl area and try the spells on him.

I find the Wilderness adventure areas (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Wilderness_Adventure_Area) to be pretty good for that.

Symar-FangofLloth
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
You could always go to Kobold Isle :D

Borror0
10-04-2007, 11:00 PM
You could always go to Kobold Isle :D

Lamest place in the game.

Mad_Bombardier
10-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Lamest place in the game.You only say that because you get pwnd by the first kobold you see. :p :D

On a more serious note, I would LOVE a practice area. I want a static target dummy (read, Warforged) that I can attack and register hits/dmg in my combat log. That way, I can peruse/analyze at my leisure.

Borror0
10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
That way, I can peruse/analyze at my leisure.

Yeah me too, but elves would make better targets.

WeaselKing
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah me too, but elves would make better targets.

No, no halflings make the best targets. At least until we get gnomes. I really want to play an old fashioned game of kick the gnome. :)

Borror0
10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
No, no halflings make the best targets. At least until we get gnomes. I really want to play an old fashioned game of kick the gnome. :)

Yeah, but male elves are so ugly...

ccheath776
10-05-2007, 10:56 AM

The wilderness areas are good.
Or try the pvp arena with some of your friends that works well too.

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
The wilderness areas are good.
Or try the pvp arena with some of your friends that works well too.

If find the Atraxia's Haven wilderness area is good for practising melee attacks because you can hit the Scrags as much as you like while examining your combat log and they won't die (except if you use acid or fire)

Garth