PDA

View Full Version : Respeccing Feats Woes

Dworkin_of_Amber
10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I know the Respeccing Feats system has been brought up in the past, but not in quite q awhile, so I figured it was time to do so again.

Problems with the existing Respec System:

1) Chained Feats. If I have TWF-ITWF-GTWF and I want to switch to THF-ITHF-GTHF it currently requires 5 Dragonshards, 50k pp, and 15 days! Wouldn't it be more simple to allow chained feats to be changed out at once, taking 3 shards and 30kpp?

2) Change the level at which I took a feat. Say I took a Least Dragonmark @ 12, and Weapon Focus @ 1... now I want to swap the levels at which I took those feats, so that I can sub out my L6 feat to take the Lesser Dragonmark, it takes 3 shards to do so (remove dragonmark for something useless, swap mark for WF, then swap useless for WF)... this seems really crazy!

3) Imagine the following scenario:
WF: Slash @ L1
Least Dragonmark @ L12
Power Critical @ L14 (Fighter Bonus)

And you want to change Dragonmark to L1, WF: Slash to L14 Bonus, and L12 to Least Dragonmark... you have to:
1-remove Power Critical (L14B) for something completely useless
2-remove Dragonmark (L12) for something completely useless
3-replace WF (L1)with Dragonmark
4-swap something useless (L14B) with WF
5-swap something uselsee (L12) with Least Dragonmark

Am I the only one who thinks this is just a little bit borked?
You end up blowing 5 Shards, 50k PP, and 15 days... and most of the time you have a borked character because you are waiting for the respec timer to reset, and you don't have the right feats!

If I could simply swap the levels that I took 2 feats at (say swap the L1 WF with the L12 Dragonmark) that would GREATLY help the process.

Any plans on fixing this system?

In_Like_Flynn
10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I'd like to see a running total in gold pieces of the changes made, with one charge at the end for all. No shards.

tihocan
10-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Any plans on fixing this system?
A dev said he was not happy with the feat respec system for these very same reasons, which I guess means it may be looked into in the future. I doubt it's a top priority though.

DareDelvis
10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
I agree with the issue of respec'ing chained feats and posted on it months ago as have others.

I wanted to change my Barb to the THF chain and had to use the multi-day round-about method.

One advantage of having 5 capped characters is that there were other alts to grind with ;)

Cheers