PDA

View Full Version : PvP Requests...

Rhadamathys
10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
While I know there are a fair amount of people out there who think dev time on pvp is a waste, there are some people out there who don't...It seems that when the content starts to get stale more and more move to pvp while they wait for the new content to come out (not that the content in mod 5 is stale yet)...as such, it would be nice to see a few more improvements to the pvp side of things...Here are a few suggestions....

1) a few new arena would be nice...if using exsiting dungeons makes it easier, then go for it...how nice would it be to have a few arenas that resembled Irestone Inlet, Waterworks, Steam Tunnels, etc...

2) detach the game type from the map...it would be nice to have deathmatch in the desert or in quickfoot...likewise, ctf in the stash would be interesting to say the least.

3) fix the spawn points/spawn killing...
a) ctf is great but having the spawn point right next to the flag makes it unfair...quickfoot is nice since it is out of the way...but still allows the dead person to try and get the flag back...another option is to auto delay the respawn of a person after they die to 5-10 seconds so they can't reappear right away...
b) introduce a safe timer for respawning...a 5-10 second timer or so would be nice as it allows those who die to either get a buff up or at least get moving before someone kills them...

4) add in green and yellow teams...4 team deathmatch would be nice...4 team ctf would be nice...

5) add new game types/configurable options...
a) new: Last man standing (get 1 death then you are done), king of the hill (control an area for the longest time possible), non team deathmatch
b) configurable: make it so we can configure: both - let us determine time in the arena...5 min, 10 min, 20 min, etc)...ctf: allow flags to not be at home to score...deathmatch: allow us to set a kill limit (so if it's a slaughter it ends after team reaches x kills), allow us to set the max number of times you can die before you are done (much like the last man standing above)

6) add rest shrines (not that you always have the time to use it, but at least have the option)

7) rework some of the pits in the bars...the one in house j is nice, but it's too small and hard to get out of after you die...the one in house d (with all the doors) is completely useless as if you die you can't get out...the one in the market is really nice and underutilized, partially because it takes so long to get out of it after you die...The lobster is nice, well balanced since you have open and corridor fighting...more like the lobster would be nice...
a) figure a way to add a pit to necro, gianthold, desert, and all new content...see 8 for reason why...

8) add more jackson laws...one in necro would be nice...one in gianthold would be nice...often times while people are waiting for raids/quests they like to jump into pvp...make it easier on everyone...

9) pipe dream here...make it so we can pvp anywhere in the city, not just the pits...make it so we can turn on a flag that means we can be attacked anytime we are running around in the city by those others who are flagged. I know the reason you dont allow spells to be cast in public spots is to reduce lag, but with the recent upgrades (awesome btw) to the gfx engine, it would be nice to allow this...one thing that rocked on Asheron's Call was the fact getting components wasn't safe and often times a chore...if you allow people to turn on/off their pvp status (like AC1 did) it would lead to a lot more fun while running around town...

GlassCannon
10-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Also allow a higher range for character model rendering so the rangers can shoot across the map and the maximum range of Enlarge can be used.

GlassCannon
10-04-2007, 03:16 AM
and Save Rates could also be adjusted to alleviate potentially infuriating matches. An Equipment Balancing measure might also be fair, adjusting teams per Saves, AC, Spell DCs etc. Usually when I hop into PvP I do so with improvised equipment, never maxed out and all I seem to fight are people who spend money on MMObay and such to completely max their character out(unless I do it amongst friends), and use the most debilitating strategies possible(Curse, Enlarged Flesh to Stone, then when I start moving again, they cast it again... and again.... and again.... and again.... and again... and again... and again.... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... etc.)