PDA

View Full Version : Attn: DEVs -Problem with ladders

captain1z
10-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Has it been posted anywhere? Has anyone else noticed?

When climbing ladders in any quest that has a ladder, the last three pugs I have grouped with and myself have all gotten stuck about half way up.

In STK on the ladder with the flame traps, in that room with the 3 levers before the big fire trap, I tried to climb the ladder on 2 separate occassions (ran the quest twice) each time I got stuck half way up and when I finally got to the top I rubber banded back to the half way mark 3 times and as a result died (truth be told, when I rubber banded back the 3rd time I got held by a shaman.....the trap was only hitting me for about 9 pts of damage, over time it adds up)

The only workable fix I have found for it is to climb back down a little, then start climbing back up.

*This has not only affected me but everyone in the party who attempted to climb any ladder. I watch them get stuck and coach them through.

this was as of 5.0 release, I have yet to download the hot fix that came down or play at all this week; likely I will not play until this weekend, due to a busy work schedule - If you forumites could help me out and confirm this it would be great.

THNX ALL

Pentastic
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
I had this happen to me last night in STK. It also happened in one of the Vons, although I don't recall which. I thought it was Error Between Chair and Keyboard; i.e. me.

Aribel
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
This was happening to my grp in the invaders quest yesterday. Would get stuck about 2/3rds of the way up. Dropping off ladder and repeating allowed people to climb ladder, but the animation was strange as you reached the top.

Missing_Minds
10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Sounds like game position lag. I've had this happen many times before mod 5 though. Maybe mod 5 made the issue that much more pronounced? What worked for me back then was to just stop on the ladder and not do anything for a time. Then work my way up. I've been stuck at the base of a ladder before trying to climb up it and it continually threw me back under water.

GoldyGopher
10-03-2007, 12:41 PM
The lag like issue is occurring in a number of quests while attempting to climb latters (I haven't noticed it decending by the way). I submitted a Bug Report on Sep 28th concerning it.

Scalion
10-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I've had problems with ladder mechanics ever since they put that pause at the bottom of the ladder so you don't back up too far, but it has definately gotten worse since mod 5.0.

I would prefer it if they would put ladders back to the way they were when I first started and let people back up over the cliff if they don't know how to time it correctly. I get held up on a ladder or two every single day I playe ddo.

Katrina
10-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Happens in WW part 3, on the ladder leading up to the part with the ogre

RioRussell
10-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Noticed this several times running my lowbie through ww and stk. You don't have to climb back down to the bottom of the ladder tho, just take your finger off the move button and be patient for a second, your character will magically take a couple of rung steps upward and then you are free to ascend to the top.

rio

Rowanheal
10-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Ok, the ladder thing is getting on my last nerve LOL

I have been running with a couple of people brand new to DDO. It's sort of embarrassing to have this problem in all the lowbie quests. Knowing and loving DDO as I do, I can figure out ways around it, but with me doing my sales speech about how awesome DDO is and then not being able to get them up a ladder... well it just isn't fun!

I am hoping we have a hotfix to this very very very soon. I want to be able to show my game of choice, not make excuses for it!

Ack...

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Pfamily
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Haven't experienced the "stuck in the middle" thing, but have had problems getting onto a ladder since the latest mod. The character will start up the ladder 2-3 rungs, then drop back to the ground and up 2-3 more, back to the ground...etc, ad nauseum. Solution is the same, pause and start again.

Can you say ANNOYING?

Mad_Bombardier
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Haven't experienced the "stuck in the middle" thing,Clowns to the left of you; jokers to the right? :D

akla_thornfist
10-03-2007, 01:57 PM
same problem here with the ladder in deleras the one coming out of the slime pit dont remember what part that is, up 2-3 rungs back down start again over and over. pain in the arse!

Dariun
10-03-2007, 02:03 PM

and the part where you climb out of the water while the shaman rapid fires niacs/scorching rays at you.

DagazUlf
10-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I've had problems with ladder mechanics ever since they put that pause at the bottom of the ladder so you don't back up too far, but it has definately gotten worse since mod 5.0.

I would prefer it if they would put ladders back to the way they were when I first started and let people back up over the cliff if they don't know how to time it correctly. I get held up on a ladder or two every single day I playe ddo.

I bet I say this in a party at least once a week... I never really understood why they changed the ladders in the first place.

flowmaster
10-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I've had it happen to me in WW, Goodblade's elixer and Low Road. Going back down the ladder then trying to go back up a few times got me past it. Def not lag issue, my machine does not ever lag.

Ron
10-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Aye, I bug reported this issue myself a couple of days ago. I'm sure the devs are aware of it by now.

MasterofDungeons
10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Yup, noticed it the day the mod went live. If I get stuck on a ladder I can tap back/down and then start back up again. Seems to work 90% of the time.

MrWizard
10-03-2007, 09:46 PM
After much testing in waterworks and a few other dungeons....I have found the issue can be solved rather quickly by doing the following....

When climbing up the ladder and you reach teh 'stick' point where you can no longer move upwards....Press teh s key once or twice (ie moved down one or tow rungs) and then press the w key (move up)...in each case this worked with no problems and got me through the stick point..

except for the one time the kobald caster just spammed elec onme while testing this method...oouch.

Tenkari_Rozahas
10-03-2007, 09:53 PM

and when you drop down and climb out of the water, it happened there too. one of our casters incapped because of it.

Pfamily
10-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Clowns to the left of you; jokers to the right? :D

Heh, haven't heard that song in a while...thx Mad.

GHOSTRYDER
10-04-2007, 01:23 AM
After much testing in waterworks and a few other dungeons....I have found the issue can be solved rather quickly by doing the following....

When climbing up the ladder and you reach teh 'stick' point where you can no longer move upwards....Press teh s key once or twice (ie moved down one or tow rungs) and then press the w key (move up)...in each case this worked with no problems and got me through the stick point..

except for the one time the kobald caster just spammed elec onme while testing this method...oouch.

it doesnt take "much testing" to figure that out, im sure everyone who's been stuck knows how to get out of it... it's just annoying, because you shouldnt have to anything at all