PDA

View Full Version : Black Abbot Preraid Puzzle Answers (HUGE SPOILER!!!!!)

Catica
10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
WARNING LISTED BELOW IS ALL THE ANSWERS TO THE PUZZLE IN THE PRERAID AND HOW THEY WORK IF YOU DO NOT WISH
TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER!

I debated for a while over making this post and decided to do it. All these people not "sharing"
answers cause they want to be the first to complete the raid is BS in my opinion. Myself and
a dedicated group spent all of this weekend up until about 3am last night figuring out all the
answers to all the questions in the preraid and how it worked. Yes it was very frustrating
and we didnt really try to get anyone to give us the answers most of us wanted to figure it
out for ourselfs. But I also realized with everything I went through and all the grinding
for the casual player it would be quite a large undertaking, with the busy season coming up where
I work and knowing Im about to be bumped up from working 40-60 hours a week to 60-80 if this mod had came
out next month and If I had to figure all of that out in then I probably wouldnt have seen
the new raid till after Jan. 08. On top of that we need more players in raids now. Its no longer
lets see how small of a group we can do it in and beat so the more players available for the
raid the better for everyone, unless once again you fall into that group where you get your ego
boosts from being the first to do it with your guild before anyone else can or by soloing it or w/e.
And Eventually everyone will know the answers anyway so why are we all trying to keep it so
hush hush.
So for all you casual players or even just the lazy ones enjoy!

WARNING LISTED BELOW IS ALL THE ANSWERS TO THE PUZZLE IN THE PRERAID AND HOW THEY WORK IF YOU DO NOT WISH
TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER!

http://www.gamingclimax.com/guides/black-abbot-preraid-puzzle-answers/

Okay the basis of the puzzle in the preraid is to answer a set of 15 questions related
to the alignment of each of the 4 bosses you fought in the pre regs. I.E. Doomsphere, Cinnis,
Mentua, and The High Priest of Vol.

Their Alignments are as Follows:

Doomsphere: Lawful Good
High Priest: Lawful Evil
Mentua: Chaotic Good
Cinnis: Chaotic Evil

Once again the Black Dragon will ask you 15 questions they are always the same questions in
the same order. The object is to answer the questions as if you were answering them as the
boss you are trying to get to. For example if you were trying to get to Doomsphere you would
answer the questions as if you were lawful good. The first 5 questions will have either
good or evil answers with 1 answer not really falling into either catagory. The next set of 5 questions will have either lawful or
Chaotic answers with 1 answer not really falling into either catagory. The next 4 questions
will pertain to the whole alignment. Then the last question is where you choose which boss you
are trying to get to. If you do it right then the dragon lets you pass on to that boss.

Now here are the 15 questions the Black Dragon will ask with all the possible answers listed
The questions might not be worded in the exact word for word style that the dragon said
them in this is just how I copied them down but they are close enough:

1, Which group would you seek membership in?

Silver Flame
Emerald Claw
Neither

2, If the black abbot gave you an offer to join his forces, what would you say?

Stand by his side as he brought stormreach to its knees
I would have to know the details first
Never, he is a scourge on X'endrik and must be stopped

3, Cinnis seeks to destroy all things that taunt him with bare heat

its not my place to judge
if something has heat, it should be left as it is, and Cinnis should deal with his hate internally.
let him destroys what he wants, let him suck the heat out of all living things.

4, Mentau agreed to help the black abbot, because the lich was the only one who could save his daughter from his terminal illness.
In trade for saving her, the abbot demanded mentaus eternal service. Would you have agreed to that deal?

I would have offered him anything but my freedom.
I would have done anything to save my daughter.
I would not have traded my freedom or anything else for her life.

5, Vol desperately wants the litany of the dead. If you find it, what would you do with it.

Deliver it to vol and claim all the rewards she can offer.
Carry it around for a while, occasionally peeking whats inside.
Destroy it once and for all.

6, What are your thoughts on Mentau?

He seems to be an alright guy
He and his creations are abominations
I think using his artificing skills to make flesh golems is ingenious.

7, If you had been buried with the high priest when the temple was desecrated, what would you have done?

Sat in a corner and cried
Stay faithful to the lady, knowing she would be my salvation.
I would have ransacked the temple for anything i need to stay alive, and killed anyone who got in the way of what i needed.

8, Cholthulzz obeyed the conditions set out by the black abbot upon losing his duel for centuries until you exposed a loophole. What would you have done?

Broken the arrangement as soon as i could strike down the black abbot.
I would have immediately bartered for my freedom.
The contract is binding, i would follow the conditions.

9, if the black abbot succeeds in his plans, to grasp the power of the gods,
and sir rhoni
n orders a full assault, would you go, knowing you would be fighting an immortal that would surely sluaghter you all.

Forget that, its not my fight, i would leave and go somewhere where the abbot would never try.
I would follow the orders i was given.
id sit back, and hope that the first wave defeated the abbot.

10, What do you think of kai-tengs betrayal?

If the black abbot offered him a better deal, i cant blame him for taking it.
He was just another enemy to kill.
he deserved to die, for betraying his faith and oath to vol.

11, Which title do you feel the most drawn to?

The crusader
The destroyer
The rebel
The dominator

12, How do you feel about those who stand with nuetrality?

They lack the will to take and do what they want.
They lack both a free spirit and a good heart.
They lack intentions, plans, methods and the stomach for what must be done.
They lack honour and compassion.

13, If after you died, you could be re-incarnated as any colour dragon, which would you choose?

black or blue
gold or silver
red or white
brass or bronze

14, what would you do, if you were me, and a party of adventurers, came seeking access to my master the black abbot?

destroy the adventurers without pause or consideration.
engage the adventurers in a battle of wits and if they win let them pass.
tell the adventurers they could pass if they won the battle of wits, then destroys them all.
let the adventurers pass then aid them in their assault of the black abbot.

15, which guardian do you indentify with the most

High priest of vol.
Mentau the Flesh maker.
Cinnis the cinderspawn.
Cholthulzz the doompshere.

Now here are the same 15 Questions with the answers/alignment wrote in beside them. The boss
name beside the answer are the answers you want to use to get to that boss. The alignment wrote
in is just to help you see how we got the answers.

1, Which group would you seek membership in?

Silver Flame(Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau

Emerald Claw(Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis and Vol

Neither

2, If the black abbot gave you an offer to join his forces, what would you say?

Stand by his side as he brought stormreach to its knees(Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol

I would have to know the details first

Never, he is a scourge on X'endrik and must be stopped(Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau

3, Cinnis seeks to destroy all things that taunt him with heat. How do you feel about this?

its not my place to judge

if something has heat, it should be left as it is and Cinnis should deal with his hatred internally (Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau

let him destroys what he wants, let him suck the heat out of all living things.(Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol

4, Mentau agreed to help the black abbot, because the lich was the only one who could save his daughter from his terminal illness.
In trade for saving her, the abbot demanded mentaus eternal service. Would you have agreed to that deal?

I would have offered him anything but my freedom.

I would have done anything to save my daughter. (Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau

I would not have traded my freedom or anything else for her life. (Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol

5, Vol desperately wants the litany of the dead. If you find it, what would you do with it.

Deliver it to vol and claim all the rewards she can offer.(Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol

Carry it around for a while, occasionally peeking whats inside.

Destroy it once and for all. (Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau

6, What are your thoughts on Mentau?

He seems to be an alright guy

He and his creations are abominations. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

I think using his artificing skills to make flesh golems is ingenious.(Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau

7, If you had been buried with the high priest when the temple was desecrated, what would you have done?

Sat in a corner and cried

Stay faithful to the lady, knowing she would be my salvation. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

I would have ransacked the temple for anything i need to stay alive, and killed anyone who got in the way of what i needed. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau

8, Cholthulzz obeyed the conditions set out by the black abbot upon losing his duel for centuries until you exposed a loophole. What would you have done?

Broken the arrangement as soon as i could strike down the black abbot. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau

I would have immediately bartered for my freedom.

The contract is binding, i would follow the conditions.(Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

9, if the black abbot succeeds in his plans, to grasp the power of the gods,
and sir rhonine orders a full assault, would you go, knowing you would be fighting an immortal that would surely sluaghter you all.

Forget that, its not my fight, i would leave and go somewhere where the abbot would never try. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau

I would follow the orders i was given. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

Id sit back, and hope that the first wave defeated the abbot.

10, What do you think of kai-tengs betrayal?

If the black abbot offered him a better deal, i cant blame him for taking it. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau

He was just another enemy to kill.

he deserved to die, for betraying his faith and oath to vol. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

11, Which title do you feel the most drawn to?

The crusader (Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere

The destroyer (Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis

The rebel (Chaotic Good) A: Mentau

The dominator (Lawful Evil) A: Vol

12, How do you feel about those who stand with nuetrality?

They lack the will to take and do what they want. (Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis

They lack both a free spirit and a good heart. (Chaotic Good) A: Mentau

They lack intentions, plans, methods and the stomach for what must be done. (Lawful Evil) A: Vol

They lack honour and compassion. (Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere

13, If after you died, you could be re-incarnated as any colour dragon, which would you choose?

black or blue (Lawful Evil) A: Vol

gold or silver (Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere

red or white (Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis

brass or bronze (Chaotic Good) A: Mentau

14, what would you do, if you were me, and a party of adventurers, came seeking access to my master the black abbot?

destroy the adventurers without pause or consideration. (Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis

engage the adventurers in a battle of wits and if they win let them pass. (Lawful Good) A: DOOMSPHERE

tell the adventurers they could pass if they won the battle of wits, then destroys them all. (Lawful Evil) A: Vol

let the adventurers pass then aid them in their assault of the black abbot. (Lawful Good) (Chaotic Good) A: DOOMSPHERE or MENTAU..
(On this answer we used it first thinking it was the Lawful good one and it suceed for us and let us bass to Doomsphere, later
we used this same answer for Mentua and it also worked for Chaotic Good and let us pass to Mentua. Overall this might be the
best answer for Mentua and you could use the other answer listed above to get to Doomsphere as well)

15, which guardian do you indentify with the most

High priest of vol.
Mentau the Flesh maker.
Cinnis the cinderspawn.
Cholthulzz the doompshere.

Question #15 you answer based on the answers you provied in #1-14. If you picked all the answers with Doomsphere beside them,
then for question 15 you would answer Cholthulzz the doompshere. If in 1-14 you answered all the questions with Vol's name
beside the answer then in 15 you would choose High priest of vol etc etc...

Good Luck and Have Fun everyone!!!

Big Thanks to everyone who helped me this weekend and extra big thanks to my dedicated team consisting of fellow Southern Farmers
and a few members of the Bones Combat Brigrade.

narizue
10-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Thank you very much for the spoiler. Like many I don't really have the time to puzzle it out without detracting from my gaming time. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

K

loki523
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Wow! Didn't take long for someone to come out and spoil it for everyone. Most notably those guilds who are trying to figure it out for themselves. There are people who have been working on this puzzle for days now and, thanks to people like you, all the lazy guilds who were just sitting back hoping someone would do the work for them got their wish. Pretty lame. I feel badly for the guilds who have beaten most or all of the puzzles legit.

My general distaste for public spoilers aside, I believe your thinking is wrong on #14.

If you were the High Priest of Vol (LE) and your master told you to wait there and guard the way, you would destroy any trespassers without pause or consideration.

If you were Cinnis (CE) you might toy with the adventurers first by challenging them to a battle of wits but then you would destroy them anyways.

If you were Cholthulzz (LG) you would be honor bound to pose some sort of obstacle for the adventurers such as challenging them to a battle of wits but if they were to win, you would allow them to pass and destroy the Abbot for the greater good. A convienent loophole in your charge...

If you were Mentau (CG) you would value your freedom above any sort of commands or obligations and join the adventurers in their pursuit of the evil Abbot.

For the record, these all work properly. The reason you succeeded regardless is that you can get one answer wrong in each group of 5 and still continue.

Edit: Also for the record, Turbine screwed up on the dragon answers which posed us some trouble when we originally solved these. Blue Dragons are lawful while White Dragons are actually chaotic. Similarly, Bronze Dragons are actually lawful while Brass Dragons are chaotic...

Prinstoni
10-02-2007, 12:45 PM
WOW!!!! Thank you!!! I have been crying for help for days. Although this is much more than I wanted. It will do just great ;)

All I really wanted was someone to explain which way I should go in questions order (chaotic/lawful or evil/good) and a defininative alignment for Cinnis and Cholthulzz (definatively), but this is great. I still can't reason how an undead incorporal beholder can be pure good LOL! Anyway, -95K xp debt, over 20 hours working through the questions, and you filled in my gaps :). Thank you. You have earned a year supply of my ale!

Warning: Prinstoni's Dark Elf Ale may cause odd effects on the weak of site and lesser races, but I am certain you'll love the replished feeling!

loki523
10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
WOW!!!! Thank you!!! I have been crying for help for days.

Just goes to show you how it always is around here. If you want something, all you have to do is cry loud enough. ;)

binnsr
10-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Wow! Didn't take long for someone to come out and spoil it for everyone. Most notably those guilds who are trying to figure it out for themselves. There are people who have been working on this puzzle for days now and, thanks to people like you, all the lazy guilds who were just sitting back hoping someone would do the work for them got their wish. Pretty lame. I feel badly for the guilds who have beaten most or all of the puzzles legit.
We've already recognized how uber Legion is, however, your attitude towards others with regard to the raid seems, to be blunt, a bit childish.

Not everyone has the time to spend days (or weeks) trying to solve these sort of puzzles. For some of us, our game time is precious and knowing that others are willing to help rather than gloat is much appreciated.

Finally, the OP stated (several times) that there were Spoilers here and that if you wanted to bang your head on the puzzle for however long it takes you to get it, then don't read.

Thank you, OP for this resource.

loki523
10-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Not everyone has the time to spend days (or weeks) trying to solve these sort of puzzles.

That's cool. Easy fix. Cry.

Finally, the OP stated (several times) that there were Spoilers here and that if you wanted to bang your head on the puzzle for however long it takes you to get it, then don't read.

Entirely missing the point. This isn't about the lazy people who want spoilers, it's about the people who have been working hard to earn it and now the lazy people have caught right up with zero effort. Those are the people getting hurt. People can choose not to read everything under the "spoiler" tag. They cannot choose for everyone else not to read it. Not cool.

Also, this has nothing to do with Legion. Legion has given preraid answers to more people than anyone else in the game. We just chose not to do so publicly to avoid punishing those who earned it legit like we did.

juniorpfactors
10-02-2007, 01:38 PM
a high school 9th grader with a monster manual and a players handbook could have answered these questions in 1-2 hours by making a chart...no geometry necessary....ya there are a couple of tricky options but get 2 guildies together with that college degree and its pretty simple..its all about the BBA and excel spreedsheet....so essentially if your guild is filled with 6,7,8th graders they couldnt do the mapping and spreadsheet...but 9th graders you know that freshman year...when girls really started looking like girls...ya they could handle it:eek:....by 10th grade wow those girls looked like woman....the good old days...I couldnt find a "doomsphere" in the monsters manual so that was stumping me...so your saying he is lawful good..maybe i need monstermanual V ..what page did you find "doomsphere" on:cool:

moorewr
10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for saying "HUGE SPOILER" in the subject, and for the post. That way people wont read it if they don't want the spoils. Otherwise, no worries, no hate.

I'm hoping not to need the clues whenever my guild gets around to running this (we are still grinding the Reaver, heh), but it's nice knowing it's here.

bobbryan2
10-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Just goes to show you how it always is around here. If you want something, all you have to do is cry loud enough. ;)

If anyone's crying, it's you. I played the preraid for a couple days, and figured it out after getting sprayed with acid a fair amount of times, and I have no problems with people posting the spoiler.

Get over yourself.

Who cares if lazy guilds want to use a spoiler sheet? It doesn't impact your play at all. Be proud that you accomplished it yourself. If other guild's use a spoiler sheet, they can never make that claim.

Harncw
10-02-2007, 01:54 PM
sorry to plagarize just my OCD couldnt cope with how hard it was to read....

· Which group would you seek membership in?
o Silver Flame(Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau
o Emerald Claw(Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis and Vol

· If the black abbot gave you an offer to join his forces, what would you say?
o Stand by his side as he brought Stormreach to its knees(Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol
o Never, he is a scourge on X'endrik and must be stopped(Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau

· Cinnis seeks to destroy all things that taunt him with heat. How do you feel about this?
o if something has heat, it should be left as it is and Cinnis should deal with his hatred internally (Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau
o let him destroys what he wants, let him suck the heat out of all living things.(Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol

· Mentau agreed to help the black abbot, because the lich was the only one who could save his daughter from his terminal illness. In trade for saving her, the abbot demanded Mentaus eternal service. Would you have agreed to that deal?
o I would have done anything to save my daughter. (Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau
o I would not have traded my freedom or anything else for her life. (Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol

· Vol desperately wants the litany of the dead. If you find it, what would you do with it.
o Deliver it to vol and claim all the rewards she can offer.(Evil) A: Cinnis or Vol
o Destroy it once and for all. (Good) A: Doomsphere or Mentau

· What are your thoughts on Mentau?
o He and his creations are abominations. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol
o I think using his artificing skills to make flesh golems is ingenious.(Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau

· If you had been buried with the high priest when the temple was desecrated, what would you have done?
o Stay faithful to the lady, knowing she would be my salvation. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol
o I would have ransacked the temple for anything i need to stay alive, and killed anyone who got in the way of what i needed. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau

· Cholthulzz obeyed the conditions set out by the black abbot upon losing his duel for centuries until you exposed a loophole. What would you have done?
o Broken the arrangement as soon as i could strike down the black abbot. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau
o The contract is binding, i would follow the conditions.(Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

· If the black abbot succeeds in his plans, to grasp the power of the gods, and sir rhonine orders a full assault, would you go, knowing you would be fighting an immortal that would surely slaughter you all.
o Forget that, its not my fight, i would leave and go somewhere where the abbot would never try. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau
o I would follow the orders i was given. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

· What do you think of kai-tengs betrayal?
o If the black abbot offered him a better deal, i cant blame him for taking it. (Chaotic) A: Cinnis or Mentau
o he deserved to die, for betraying his faith and oath to vol. (Lawful) A: Doomsphere or Vol

· Which title do you feel the most drawn to?
o The crusader (Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere
o The destroyer (Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis
o The rebel (Chaotic Good) A: Mentau
o The dominator (Lawful Evil) A: Vol

· How do you feel about those who stand with neutrality?
o They lack the will to take and do what they want. (Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis
o They lack both a free spirit and a good heart. (Chaotic Good) A: Mentau
o They lack intentions, plans, methods and the stomach for what must be done. (Lawful Evil) A: Vol
o They lack honor and compassion. (Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere

· If after you died, you could be re-incarnated as any color dragon, which would you choose?
o black or blue (Lawful Evil) A: Vol
o gold or silver (Lawful Good) A: Doomsphere
o red or white (Chaotic Evil) A: Cinnis
o brass or bronze (Chaotic Good) A: Mentau

· What would you do, if you were me, and a party of adventurers, came seeking access to my master the black abbot?
o Destroy the adventurers without pause or consideration. (Chaotic Evil) A: Vol
o engage the adventurers in a battle of wits and if they win let them pass. (Lawful Good) A: DOOMSPHERE
o tell the adventurers they could pass if they won the battle of wits, then destroy them all. (Lawful Evil) A: Cinnis
o let the adventurers pass then aid them in their assault of the black abbot. (Lawful Good) (Chaotic Good) A: MENTAU

· Which guardian do you identify with the most
o High priest of vol.
o Mentau the Flesh maker.
o Cinnis the cinderspawn.
o Cholthulzz the doompshere.

Harncw
10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Anyone else find it funny that first ubertuberdude objects to the spoiler, then feels he has to make corrections to it...

/bow I just taint worthy!

juniorpfactors
10-02-2007, 01:57 PM
a couple of thoughts and a question on the preraid questions...
a high school 9th grader with a monster manual and a players handbook could have answered these questions in 1-2 hours by making a chart...no geometry necessary but man i know a hot algebra I teacher that helped me figure out Vol was evil and all the 9th graders have algebra teachers....ya there are a couple of tricky options but get 2 guildies together with that college degree and its pretty simple..its all about the BBA and excel spreedsheet....so essentially if your guild is filled with 6,7,8th graders they couldnt do the mapping and spreadsheet, they have not taken algebra yet or Spanish II...but 9th graders you know that freshman year...when girls really started looking like girls...ya they could handle it....by 10th grade wow those girls looked like women ya take geometry wow it would be easy by 10th grade to answer the ?s ya know polygons and equilateral triagles = a sigil and the only way to kill a evil is with obtuse sigil....the good old days of geometry...also could i get a little insight into finding a "doomsphere" in the monsters manual..just was stumping me...so your saying he is lawful good..maybe i need monstermanual VI ..what page did you find "doomsphere" on :cool: also now that my sigil has less pieces do you think it would help lead the rats in the maze if i drop the right wing sigil down there...? I dont know what to do with all my right wing sigils...probably very tasty for rat food once your flagged..someone care to give it a try and which quest drops this ever elusive Scalene triangle ?

Neon_Budz
10-02-2007, 02:04 PM
In my opinion, this is absolutely the wrong venue for making such a spoiler post. Not only that, but your timing shows an incredible lack of respect and consideration for all of the other paying customers of DDO. Cloak your post with all of the spoiler warnings you want, you know that they are not really stopping anybody from looking.

If you had posted a link to the information hosted outside of Turbine's scope of control, I would say more power to you. Instead, you basically take away all of the challenge of the newest Raid content and have therefore effectively accelerated the need for new content well beyond the ability of the Devs to produce it. You have taken the secrets of all their hardwork and passed it out to the community on a silver platter.

Is it possible to have this thread not only closed, but also removed for the sake of all those who have yet to pioneer this Raid? I cannot believe that the Devs would sit idly by and allow such a bastardization of their hardwork linger.

...and yes, my Guild has already bested the PreRaid without the use of any such crutches as this abomination of a post.

juniorpfactors
10-02-2007, 02:19 PM
lets get back on track

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a couple of thoughts and a question on the preraid questions...
a high school 9th grader with a monster manual and a players handbook could have answered these questions in 1-2 hours by making a chart...no geometry necessary but man i know a hot algebra I teacher that helped me figure out Vol was evil and all the 9th graders have algebra teachers....ya there are a couple of tricky options but get 2 guildies together with that college degree and its pretty simple..its all about the BBA and excel spreedsheet....so essentially if your guild is filled with 6,7,8th graders they couldnt do the mapping and spreadsheet, they have not taken algebra yet or Spanish II...but 9th graders you know that freshman year...when girls really started looking like girls...ya they could handle it....by 10th grade wow those girls looked like women ya take geometry wow it would be easy by 10th grade to answer the ?s ya know polygons and equilateral triagles = a sigil and the only way to kill a evil is with obtuse sigil....the good old days of geometry...also could i get a little insight into finding a "doomsphere" in the monsters manual..just was stumping me...so your saying he is lawful good..maybe i need monstermanual VI ..what page did you find "doomsphere" on also now that my sigil has less pieces do you think it would help lead the rats in the maze if i drop the right wing sigil down there...? I dont know what to do with all my right wing sigils...probably very tasty for rat food once your flagged..someone care to give it a try and which quest drops this ever elusive Scalene triangle ?

Catica
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
In my opinion, this is absolutely the wrong venue for making such a spoiler post. Not only that, but your timing shows an incredible lack of respect and consideration for all of the other paying customers of DDO. Cloak your post with all of the spoiler warnings you want, you know that they are not really stopping anybody from looking.

If you had posted a link to the information hosted outside of Turbine's scope of control, I would say more power to you. Instead, you basically take away all of the challenge of the newest Raid content and have therefore effectively accelerated the need for new content well beyond the ability of the Devs to produce it. You have taken the secrets of all their hardwork and passed it out to the community on a silver platter.

Is it possible to have this thread not only closed, but also removed for the sake of all those who have yet to pioneer this Raid? I cannot believe that the Devs would sit idly by and allow such a bastardization of their hardwork linger.

...and yes, my Guild has already bested the PreRaid without the use of any such crutches as this abomination of a post.

Well I see you fall into that group where you get your ego
boosts from being the first to do it with your guild before anyone else can or by soloing it or w/e.
Then you contradict yourself.. Its okay to make this post but yet put a link to the answers whereas its not okay to make this post with just the answers listed.. Difference being? you have one more click to get to for the answers lol. MMMM lack of consideration and respect for all the other paying players, you should change that too i.e. the groups that get their ego boosts from this game, cause I see more paying players glad to have the answers then I do of those against it.

And yes if someone REALLY doesnt want to know the answers they wont look. I spent from about 3pm Saturday to 3am Monday solving the puzzle and in that time frame we had many PUGGERS come and join our group to help out and a few of them knew the answers, they told us they knew them when they joined and we told them not to give them to us we wanted to try on our own first. And guess what? They didnt give them to us. So far beyond the answers on a post we had people in our party who had the answers, we didnt want to know them yet, so we didnt get them. If people dont want the answers they wont read the post.

Next DDO is supposed to be a community game based on helping each other. Not a game of my guild knows all the answers and we arent going to help anyone else so everything thinks we are all so uber and cool. I want more people to be able to do the raid, why wouldnt you?, the new content is there for everyone not just those who are willing to give up their real lifes to grind it out. Hate all you want, Im GLAD I can help others out regardless of who they are or their playing style, IM GLAD I have the courage to stand up against the uber guilds and say Im not going to play around and make you beg for answers get killed hundreds of times waste countless hours becoming discouraged and frustrated with a game, if you want to know how to do it here it is. Enjoy!

jaitee
10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
grats cat on finding it out on your own

i know i know, i never helped you, or gave u hints, because i wanted you to have fun

it was hard for me to tell you no,...because it ruins the fun for most people

i never once told you, that i worked hard on risia, and that you didnt deserve the answers, i just wanted you to have some fun, you know how boring this game is to me

see, you did it on your own, dont you feel better? and feel like you made progress?

we need more people like cat, who doesnt keep begging people for help

BrotherAsmodi
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
To all the people who are complaining about the OP posting...GET OVER IT!!! Its not like you didn't have warning that there was a "HUGE SPOILER ALERT" in the subject. Its pretty simple take some resposibility "If you don't want to know DON"T OPEN the post with a spoiler warning."

For those of you who are whining about now "our guild can't work to solve it" Why did you read the post in the first place? Just so you can complain? That is productive.

You know, people complain when others post spoilers (I think its okay as long as there is a warning, tat way if I don't want to know I don't read it) but I don't see anyone complaing when someone posts the description of new loot. ITS THE SAME THING.

To the OP thank you for summarizing the infor in one place. I'm glad BCB was able to help.

jaitee
10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
no one needs to flame cat, she worked hard on solving the puzzle, she can do as she please with it

people who worked hard on risia had a decision just like she does

we could of posted the answers, we didnt

she can do as she please with HER answers, she solved it, she knows the answers

no one here should even be telling her about what to do with her answers to the pre raid

its no longer a secret...o well, it never was

it was about having fun,

and the spoiler topic says it all, dont want to know and have fun, then dont read it

she earned it, it was never given to her

The_Cataclysm
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM

That's funny, Styky. It is just a simple series of questions, not all of their work. The heart of the matter lies with the raid itself which is much harder.

If some people choose to use it, so be it. It's not hurting you.

Junior, the details on Doomsphere are in the Libris Mortis, not one of the Monster manuals, I believe.

juniorpfactors
10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
;) Ahhh,, Cat thank for the heads up I was just about to fire up the Mustang and roll over to Barns and Noble and load the trunk up with monster manuals and some new dice so i could roll play and maybe even lay out some new minuatures...but all I really needed was a Libris Mortis...but any idea where can find the unkown sigil piece I reffered to, the Scalene triangle? I checked the players handbook and the DM guide and coulndnt find any reference to that. I think its the next upgraded piece we all need to get to the 2nd Abott we is behind the locked door to the left where my teams rogue couldnt pick the lock even with a 72 search skill and pick roll;) I think we all should laythis out and find the answer to the 2nd Abott..is it on Risia yet? I have heard that if you run the rat maze quest the mystery Scalene triagle sigil piece drops but it takes about 10-12 runs...(Legion seen running the rat maze in search of the Scalene to enter in the secret door) Will they be first to defeat the 2nd Abott? stay tuned

Ozmoth
10-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Girl, you live to push the envelope I swear! :D

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for the answers to appear here - I'd heard rumours that the devs were deleting messages but it looks like this one is staying so - hey. :)

Congrats on working it out - we had a blast in the guild working it all out as well, and feel pleased that we did it without external help. It's a fun quest over all - and now we're working on getting everyone raid ready so we can get some of the new loot.

FYI: we also found that the puzzle was slightly flexible, especially on the last question - i.e. you could answer High Priest of Vol and still get to Cholthulzz, and your comment on 'What would you do if you were me and a party of adventurers...' is valid too - there seem to be several valid answers for that for each alignment. My guess is that there is an alignment scoring engine that's scoring each answer with a + or - to each alignment and then if you get anywhere near an extreme (e.g. near LE) - it lets you through with the extreme you were near (e.g. Vol), and if you're anywhere in the middle, you get flamed. Mentau was definately the hardest one to crack - too us a while.

Good luck in the rest of the preraid,

Garth

Cheg
10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Losing out on raid loot huh... Probably another one of those fighters trying to take wisdom tomes off clerics. Raid loot pre-mod 5, was always explained. Failure to understand the same way the other 10 people did does not constitute a wrong doing.

DagazUlf
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Anyone else find it funny that first ubertuberdude objects to the spoiler, then feels he has to make corrections to it...

/bow I just taint worthy!

Best quote of the Day. ;)

ramalad
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Wow...of all the things to complain about...people complain about a spoiler. Unbelievable. Do you use or have you used the maps of all the areas? Or did you actually find every spot on your own and every rare encounter on your own without looking at a map or using someone who had? Did you look at the loot forum so you could see what the loot you might have missed on Risia was?

It's nice that you care about all the paying customers of Turbine. Thanks for looking out for me.

Now when do we vote on union reps again so I can vote for someone else?

Randz_Stormbringer
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I have never read so much whining in such a few short posts. I love players adding resources to the game for others that need help. The post clearly states is purpose so if you dont want to see a spoiler, DONT READ IT!!! and save others the pain of reading your rude thoughts to someone trying to be nice to others.

JTsays
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks Cat for sharing this info with the community.
The spoiler was sufficient warning for the do-it-your-selfers.

And, you completed the optional ego-bruising & feather ruffling, +15% xp!

:D

Ozmoth
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Losing out on raid loot huh... Probably another one of those fighters trying to take wisdom tomes off clerics. Raid loot pre-mod 5, was always explained. Failure to understand the same way the other 10 people did does not constitute a wrong doing.

I know your just defending her honor and I appreciate that Cheg. I ask that any farmer think twice before getting into this debate on any other subject then the post itself. Neon knows as well as any other member of the ghallanda server where to bring complaints about members of the guild. His inclusion of a seperate off topic was his error. No need to dignify it. It will undoubtly be removed for it anyway. Stop it here. PARTY on Wayne! :cool:

jaitee
10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
i love you to death cat

but i will have to say

its been 3 days since release of mod 5

and everyone now has the answers

i was trying to keep the answers from everyone, not telling anyone, because i wanted people to find out on their own

not because i wanted to be the 1st person inside the raid, i did that on risia

juniorpfactors
10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
has anyone seen the flood of guilds headed to the "rat maze" in search of the sigil piece for flagging #2 access? I really think we need to get back on track and see who can "pwwnnn the 2nd abott" first

Cheg
10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
i love you to death cat

but i will have to say

i was trying to keep the answers from everyone, not telling anyone, because i wanted people to find out on their own

6 days.

jaitee
10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
6 days.

oh damn 6 days?

Cheg
10-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Released on thursday, today is tuesday.

Hafeal
10-02-2007, 04:30 PM
That's cool. Easy fix. Cry ... We just chose not to do so publicly to avoid punishing those who earned it legit like we did.

Straight up, you have taken away the opportunity of every DDO player not yet fortunate enough to experience the PreRaid content for the 1st time.

I belive you are disconnected from people who do not have the same time availability to solve these problems. For those who have "earned" it, congrats. For those who get to enjoy the game further with the limited time they have, they enjoy the DDO content created for all.

Plenty of spoilers have been posted in these forums before. And there are plenty of paying DDO customers, as evidenced in this thread, who appreciate the spoiler. Don't read the thread if you want the thrill of solving the problems yourself.

To me the objections of the posters above refers to the sour grapes of having to possibly not be the first to do something - which, why does that matter anyway? :confused:

As for my time and of players, thank you for your concern but we can read, or not, as we choose. Do you have the same concern for new players who run, say CO6 or Tangleroot, and the wheels turns are known by at least 1 party member? No. The fact that the raid is new is irrelevant. Most raids are run much less frequently than by casual players under time constraints.

Thanks Cat for sharing this info with the community.
The spoiler was sufficient warning for the do-it-your-selfers.

And, you completed the optional ego-bruising & feather ruffling, +15% xp!

I completely agree.

The_Mighty_Cube
10-02-2007, 04:40 PM
*the cube is now within range, and unfortunately has combat reflexes* Let's keep the personal attacks out of things, shall we?

jaitee
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
everybody loves KU ng FU fighting ....

da de da du duuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Neon_Budz
10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by jaitee
i love you to death cat

but i will have to say

Well said, a much shorter and sweeter version of the concept I was trying to get across

The_Mighty_Cube
10-02-2007, 04:55 PM
well...those cubes were fast as lightening. In fact it was a little bit frightening. But...back on topic.

Harncw
10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I would think even hard core role players could find this useful... just pretend that your character picked up the information off of the bathroom wall in the rusty nail...

I mean seriously... gotta run the silly thing 4 times is it? we all gonna be tired of it eventually... One less thing I gotta worry about... already searching for a left sphincter

jaitee
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
being 1st in a raid doesnt mean much, everyone has different values, i am a hardcore player, and getting into the raid doesnt mean much to me, or do i have the guild to raid with, my small guild of 5ish doesnt have a chance in there

the raid cant even be soloed, or if it can, its a small chance

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 10:22 PM
*the cube is now within range, and unfortunately has combat reflexes* Let's keep the personal attacks out of things, shall we?

well...those cubes were fast as lightening. In fact it was a little bit frightening. But...back on topic.
I love the cube.

Its too bad he just sits there in game.:cool:

DaveyCrockett
10-03-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm not real sure what the big deal is.. Anyone that needed these answers certainly won't beat the raid without the help of players that didn't need these answers.

It does kind of suck to spend a little time figuring them out just to see that noone else ever has to after this. Perhaps waiting a week or two would have been a better move.

Catica
10-03-2007, 02:52 AM
eaten by cube

You must only read what you want and believe what you want without really listening to anyone else, so this will be my last post to you. As far as taken away the experience from other people once again you aperently arent reading the major majority of posts in this topic and how those people actually feel about it. Or you will see they feel differently. As far as getting others in the party who already know the answers, all you have to do is tell them you dont want them. Once again if you had read my last post I had SEVERAL people in my party throughout the weekend who had the answers and all I had to tell them was dont tell me the answers and guess what? They didnt!!

As far as being sanctioned by my guild leader, last time I checked my guild wasnt ruled by a dictator and I dont have to ask my guild leaders permission for every little thing I do. But besides that if you once again read the post directly above this one of yours you will see my guild leaders response ;) And if you had read a few posts before that I believe you would have read this:

That's funny, Styky. It is just a simple series of questions, not all of their work. The heart of the matter lies with the raid itself which is much harder.

If some people choose to use it, so be it. It's not hurting you.

Junior, the details on Doomsphere are in the Libris Mortis, not one of the Monster manuals, I believe.

Which would be your own guild leader if Im not mistaken.

I have no need to justify or rationalize my position. I did it cause I wanted too its as simple as that. If you dont like it thats cool, there are many things in life I dont like either but yet life goes on and Im sure it still will. I dont really care if you want to hate me or put me down you can even blacklist me in the game if it makes you feel better.

Good Luck to you in the game, hope your guild does good in the raid :)

Riggs
10-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Some people like puzzles. Some people dont.

For the people who dont, and want to get to the action, spending days trying to figure out a puzzle isnt fun at all.

People who like puzzles should feel free to do the work themselves. Dont read, or POST in threads that say SPOLIER at the top, then they can never be unhappy because they wont know what the spoiler was. There are more than enough puzzles in the game, and far too many in raids. Truly, if I loved puzzles, I would go buy a puzzle game...and go play that instead of an action game. I would be quite happy to use the knowledge someone else has gained about the questions to get past that part and on to the part I enjoy - killing monsters.

That is what I pay for, and what I have fun with. Many feel the same way. I dont expect everyone else to enjoy exactly the same things I do, nor do I expect others to tell me how to enjoy my playing time by their standards.

It seems a lot of posts seem to imply that whoever an individual likes to play the game is how they expect everyone else to also enjoy the game, and that anyone who doesnt play that way is somehow 'wrong' in how they approach their fun. Seems a bit selfish.

Jilliane
10-03-2007, 10:15 AM
You are incorrect. Neon is the guild leader. The Cataclysm is a person who quit the game.

Temp
10-03-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree 100% with Riggs above.

Way too many people in this game are more concerned about what others think of them and making sure that the whole community knows about their accomplishments and that they know something which a lot of other people don't know. By happy and relish in your own satisfaction that you accomplished something. Don’t admonish others for not having the same attitude and goals as you.

Some people simply don't like puzzles. Some like myself don't really care about the DDO lore. Don't really care about alignment of creatures. I play the game because I like the action and I enjoy teaming on a nightly basis with my friends. It's a game. I get to log on, forget the stress of the day and enjoy myself how I see fit. I have enough puzzles to figure out in life.

I'm also willing to bet that there are a lot more people of this mindset than there are of the hardcore players. Do I know this for a fact? No. But I'd still bet money on it. And without the casual player, without the non-hardcore player, I'm willing to bet that there wouldn't be much of a player base and much of DDO game left without them.

Everyone plays the game how they want to play the game so that they can have fun however they perceive that to be. I respect each person's desire to play how they see fit and I'd ask for the same consideration in return. That being said, I'm sure that a lot of people are grateful for posts like these that take some of the tediousness out of the game so the casual player can get back to why their here in the first place. Playing so that they can enjoy themselves. The post clearly says “Spoiler” many times. If you like puzzles then great. Don't read the post. If you want to bypass what you don't feel is fun to you, then read on and get back to the fun.

To everyone that says this type of stuff only ruins and shortens content and will be an overall detriment to the game. You see this in every MMO. It's up to the developers to design a game that appeals to as great a percentage of the masses as possible. That's how they keep players and attract new ones. No, they'll never make everyone happy but that's kind of why games like WoW do so well. The player base is inundated with so much content that there's enough for all types of players to do without becoming bored quickly.

This game has a steep learning curve if you’ve never experienced DDO in your life. You can’t necessarily take any joe smoe off the street and have them do well in the game immediately. It makes you think more than other games. It makes you use greater teamwork to do well. It helps if you know a little of the DnD ruleset. So you take the good with the bad, you help other players, and make concessions so that YOU still have a game to play a year from now.

The game needs both types of players whether you agree with each other or not. Without each you’d be looking for another game to play and probably running into these same types of discussions.

Neon_Budz
10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
The issue is not that a spoiler post was made, this sort of post was inevitable.

The source of outrage is that the OP felt the need to make this post less than a week after the release of the content. Had a little more thought and consideration been made with regards to the timing of this thread, I think most objections would have been circumvented.

~Treemarker
10-03-2007, 11:26 AM
The source of outrage is that the OP felt the need to make this post less than a week after the release of the content. Had a little more thought and consideration been made with regards to the timing of this thread, I think most objections would have been circumvented.

Frankly, I'd have been okay with this post had it gone live the hour after the update. Some people don't like puzzles. Some do. Those who don't. Read. Those who don't, avoid. Everyone else - deal.

Jilliane
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I have no need to justify or rationalize my position. I did it cause I wanted too its as simple as that. If you dont like it thats cool, there are many things in life I dont like either but yet life goes on and Im sure it still will. I dont really care if you want to hate me or put me down you can even blacklist me in the game if it makes you feel better.

There are a lot of things I would do simply because I wanted to, if I was not living in a civilized society where my actions had an impact on other people. You wanted to give away the entire new content, good for you. However, do not disguise it as benevolence. It was selfish.

Catica
10-03-2007, 12:03 PM
You are incorrect. Neon is the guild leader. The Cataclysm is a person who quit the game.

My bad then, I'll apologize on that one, cant say I really spend to much time investigating everyones rankings in the other guilds.

There are a lot of things I would do simply because I wanted to, if I was not living in a civilized society where my actions had an impact on other people. You wanted to give away the entire new content, good for you. However, do not disguise it as benevolence. It was selfish.

The whole new content with one set of 15 answers wow Im really good. I didnt realize my post contained walkthroughs on all 4 new crypt quests, all 4 pre reqs for the preraids, for the rest of the preraid where you actually have to go fight each boss again, and then for the raid itself. Then of course all the new loot, named items, monsters, graphics, changes to the gameplay and so on. If I really gave away ALL the new content by answering 15 question, Im must have some mad skills I didnt even know about. I dont remember ever trying to disguise my post, its there for those that want the answers and for the rest they can just stay away from it. Selfish is the people who dont help the ones that want the help. As for anything else I say the thing same to you.

I dont really care if you want to hate me or put me down you can even blacklist me in the game if it makes you feel better. In fact putting me on a do not party list might be idea, obviously I dont share the same attitude as you and have different opinions on the way we play so chances of us having a great time partying with each other would be slim, which I kinda already know by experience.

Jilliane
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
The whole new content with one set of 15 answers wow Im really good. I didnt realize my post contained walkthroughs on all 4 new crypt quests, all 4 pre reqs for the preraids, for the rest of the preraid where you actually have to go fight each boss again, and then for the raid itself.

I dont really care if you want to hate me or put me down you can even blacklist me in the game if it makes you feel better. In fact putting me on a do not party list might be idea, obviously I dont share the same attitude as you and have different opinions on the way we play so chances of us having a great time partying with each other would be slim, which I kinda already know by experience.

The only remotely difficult thing about this new content was this. You took it away. Good for you. I can tell how proud you are of it. I am sure you think that it somehow makes you a hero. It doesn't, but if you get your kicks this way....good for you.

As a side note, I have been avoiding you in game since the Issips thing, so there was no shot of us ever playing together. No worries on that score. The only reason I party with anyone in your guild at all after THAT little mess is because Oz runs it.

Thank you so much for making it possible for a thousand people to get BORED all that much faster.

B_Notorious
10-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Vayden's anger stems from the fact that you have GREATLY reduced the trade value of the collectable pages. They actually had value until this thread was posted, now they are no more valuable than shield collectables.

Judo
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Thankfully enough, the band finished the preraid before the spoiler came out...i think its shameful to post because "ubah guilds" suck for keeping secrets

truth is, you want recognition, which of course can easily be found inside a good guild...not by posting the complete answers to a really good set of riddles...congrats, first to post, you the man

the fun is in you know, call me silly, figuring it out for yourself, and everyone who copies off your spoiler will soon realize this...

i guess i could most compare this to your daddy doing your science fair project...yeah, gratz, you got the blue ribbon...but its only hurting you.

To the devs...please guard the forums as resolutely with all the riddles, as you do with the raids'...at least for a little while...friendly competition should remain just thought...friendly, and honorable.

Jilliane
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Thankfully enough, the band finished the preraid before the spoiler came out...i think its shameful to post because "ubah guilds" suck for keeping secrets

truth is, you want recognition, which of course can easily be found inside a good guild...not by posting the complete answers to a really good set of riddles...congrats, first to post, you the man

the fun is in you know, call me silly, figuring it out for yourself, and everyone who copies off your spoiler will soon realize this...

i guess i could most compare this to your daddy doing your science fair project...yeah, gratz, you got the blue ribbon...but its only hurting you.

I agree with you, and appreciate the way you posted it. We also figured out the preraid before the spoiler. I am very glad we did, or I would have felt cheated.

I would also like to say that we seem to have a paying subscriber problem with DDO. We just consolidated the servers drastically. Games that don't make money don't exist for long. People play games that are challenging. Giving people the opportunity to figure out these things (gentle hints are good) for themselves helps to keep them interested.

I love this game and I want it to last for a long time. I want new content to come out for years. Handing over the hard parts does not keep people interested.

jjflanigan
10-03-2007, 10:09 PM
I agree with you, and appreciate the way you posted it. We also figured out the preraid before the spoiler. I am very glad we did, or I would have felt cheated.

I would also like to say that we seem to have a paying subscriber problem with DDO. We just consolidated the servers drastically. Games that don't make money don't exist for long. People play games that are challenging. Giving people the opportunity to figure out these things (gentle hints are good) for themselves helps to keep them interested.

I love this game and I want it to last for a long time. I want new content to come out for years. Handing over the hard parts does not keep people interested.

Does not keep YOU interested. Have you considered the vast number of players who just want to get into the content and kill without having to muss about with riddles and puzzles and what-not?

Just because you want to be challenged mentally in a game does not mean everyone does. As these forums are for everyone, spoiler posts that pander to that type of player are just as valid as any other post and have just as much right to exist peacefully without a flame-fest ensuing simply because people wanted others to "work as hard" as they did.

It's a game, it's not work, if some people want to simply play without having to think about it...well, to a lot of people that's what a game is for. They can think logically and solve problems all day at school or at work, no need to force that on them in a game environment if they don't want it. Again, if you don't like spoilers...don't read them, someone reading a spoiler and completing the quest does not impact your game play in any way(unless you wanted to jack people on the AH with overpriced tome fragments ;) ).

Before I get attacked as well, bear in mind I love solving puzzles and I like be challenged in a game, I just realize that a lot of people don't...they just want to play.

~Treemarker
10-03-2007, 10:41 PM
IPeople play games that are challenging.

See, I would say that people play games that are fun. WoW is not challenging. And has the highest subscriber numbers of any MMO. In this instance, a puzzle may not be challenging. This is roughly the same mechanic as the law room in PoP. Only the answer was alot more obvious on that one.

Honestly...I'm not getting the hate this particular mechanic is generating. Some of you solved it on your own. Horray! Good Job! Pat yourselves on the back! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Some people could care less about the puzzle and just want to get on to the fun part - the battle. Think about your own experiences. Do you tell stories with other guildies/friends about that time you solved the puzzle after the 25th try? "DUDE! IT took you eight pulls of the lever to solve that! You are such a noob!"

Or do you talk about a particular loot pull, or the boss fight that lasted five hours and three party wipes. Or finally figuring out that if you pull mob A to point B...you can wipe the entire room one mob at a time...Now that's a puzzle I can get behind!

~Treemarker
10-03-2007, 10:52 PM
... already searching for a left sphincter

I have no idea if you did that deliberately, but ROFLed when I read it.

Sphincter. Indeed. :)

Fallout
10-03-2007, 11:28 PM
I remember when the first dragon raid came out and spend alot of hours trying to figure out how Von 5 worked, then more hours trying to kill the dragon.

Then I discover wow that sucked. All that wasted time and nothing to show for it.

If there are peope who likes to spend hours dying to figure out puzzles, good for them.

If people can't help themselves despite a SPOILER warning why are people blaming the OP?

jaitee
10-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I remember when the first dragon raid came out and spend alot of hours trying to figure out how Von 5 worked, then more hours trying to kill the dragon.

Then I discover wow that sucked. All that wasted time and nothing to show for it.

If there are peope who likes to spend hours dying to figure out puzzles, good for them.

If people can't help themselves despite a SPOILER warning why are people blaming the OP?

im on no ones side, but i think one side is saying...

people tried to keep the answers in guild, and quiet, because they wanted to be the 1st to beat the raid and or solo them

and the other side is...

DDO is already short of content, spoilers like these ruins the game, because more people will bore faster

either way, it has 2 ways to look at it

the OP reason for posting was that....people tried to keep the answers a secret, so only the people who known the answers could benefit from it, so she posted the answers here, so everyone would know them

then replies of people not happy were that, the length of the new content just got shorten drastically because of a spoiler like this, they also mentioned that a spoiler would have been ok, if it had been awhile since the release of the mod, but less then a week a spoiler was posted

so either way, its two ways people could look at it

Muerta
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
You must only read what you want and believe what you want without really listening to anyone else, so this will be my last post to you. As far as taken away the experience from other people once again you aperently arent reading the major majority of posts in this topic and how those people actually feel about it. Or you will see they feel differently. As far as getting others in the party who already know the answers, all you have to do is tell them you dont want them. Once again if you had read my last post I had SEVERAL people in my party throughout the weekend who had the answers and all I had to tell them was dont tell me the answers and guess what? They didnt!!

As far as being sanctioned by my guild leader, last time I checked my guild wasnt ruled by a dictator and I dont have to ask my guild leaders permission for every little thing I do. But besides that if you once again read the post directly above this one of yours you will see my guild leaders response ;) And if you had read a few posts before that I believe you would have read this:

Which would be your own guild leader if Im not mistaken.

Tiss all fine and dandy, however, you said yourself that you debated posting it, that means you had a moral deliema over this issue. Thus you found a reason that would suit yourself. Now this would not have been so bad had you yourself gone in and figured the answers out yourself, you did not. You did not consult those that were with you for the three days, meaning your guildies, as the pugs are not an issue on this as they were pugs. You basically stole thier time from the game.

Xirxx
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Does not keep YOU interested. Have you considered the vast number of players who just want to get into the content and kill without having to muss about with riddles and puzzles and what-not?

/sarcasm on

You mean everyone doesn't have vast quantities of time to just play DDO? You mean people do not have lives outside of DDO? Blasphemer! Heretic!

norman_quickfinger
10-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I've read all the replys to the spoiler coming out 5 days after the new content was released. Spoilers are not bad as long as you wait atleast a month before you put them out there. If people continue to spoil it that soon after it's released alot of people are going to get bored quicker. Then they stop playing the game all together and the Devs have to merge all the servers into one so people can find groups easier. And soon with people posting spoilers that soon after release,people start quitting because their bored, and soon there aren't enough people to play the game and they shut it down. I don't want this. I enjoy this game. Posting it that soon is like your school giving you all the answers to you final exam: You pass but you're not any smarter. PLEASE WAIT ATLEAST A MONTH BEFORE YOU POST SPOILERS. Keep the game interesting so people will still play it.

jjflanigan
10-04-2007, 09:22 AM
I've read all the replys to the spoiler coming out 5 days after the new content was released. Spoilers are not bad as long as you wait atleast a month before you put them out there. If people continue to spoil it that soon after it's released alot of people are going to get bored quicker. Then they stop playing the game all together and the Devs have to merge all the servers into one so people can find groups easier. And soon with people posting spoilers that soon after release,people start quitting because their bored, and soon there aren't enough people to play the game and they shut it down. I don't want this. I enjoy this game. Posting it that soon is like your school giving you all the answers to you final exam: You pass but you're not any smarter. PLEASE WAIT ATLEAST A MONTH BEFORE YOU POST SPOILERS. Keep the game interesting so people will still play it.

I believe it's the exact opposite. Those that want the challenge will not use the spoiler so it won't affect them. Those that hate puzzles would have gotten frustrated and just posted about how annoying the game was until a spoiler came out.

It's the same with everything "hard" in the game. Some people love it, but the masses tend to complain about it and avoid it as much as possible (i.e. The Pit...great quest, great exp, but the majority of people I've seen avoid it because it's not a linear kill, kill, kill).

You all seem to be using the same rules of a single player game to this MMO. In a single player one shot game, a spoiler will ruin the game because, quite honestly, once you win the game...who cares? In an MMO there is no "winning the game." You keep playing to increase your levels and your loot (since a lot of people are capped it's just for the loot). Putting out the spoiler means that more people will able to run the new raid because it is no longer limited to just those who like puzzles while everyone else waits for it to be completed for them. Now they all get a chance to run it, they all get a chance at loot and they all continue playing hoping that their next session will be their leap home...I mean the one where they get the insane-o item they've been drooling to get.

norman_quickfinger
10-04-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm not saying don't post the spoilers. I'm saying wait atleast a month before doing it. Alot of people quit playing because all they can do is loot. This new raid was not about hack and slash it was about using you brain. Now in a week or two people will be getting bored agian and quit playing. It's been happing or we would have never had a server merge because of lack of players. This increases that problem because more people will quit playing and soon we'll be merge into one server. After that they shut the game down because it's not making the money to support it. When you read a book do you want someone to tell you the ending before you've had a chance to read it? Have you ever recorded something to watch it later only to have someone tell you what happened. It ruins it for you. And then you don't watch it because you know what happens. Waiting a month before posting spoilers would help keep people interested in the game. As I said before it amounts to the school giving you the answers to your final exam: you pass but you're not any smarter.

jjflanigan
10-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm not saying don't post the spoilers. I'm saying wait atleast a month before doing it. Alot of people quit playing because all they can do is loot. This new raid was not about hack and slash it was about using you brain. Now in a week or two people will be getting bored agian and quit playing. It's been happing or we would have never had a server merge because of lack of players. This increases that problem because more people will quit playing and soon we'll be merge into one server. After that they shut the game down because it's not making the money to support it. When you read a book do you want someone to tell you the ending before you've had a chance to read it? Have you ever recorded something to watch it later only to have someone tell you what happened. It ruins it for you. And then you don't watch it because you know what happens. Waiting a month before posting spoilers would help keep people interested in the game. As I said before it amounts to the school giving you the answers to your final exam: you pass but you're not any smarter.

Alright, and I can see your point, but...the people who quit because all they can do is loot would be the ones, I would hope, that want more challenge in the game. That being the case, they shouldn't be looking at spoilers because that would remove the challenge they want. Given that, posting a spoiler immediately would have no impact on players who aren't in the game just for the loot, right?

I'd also say that giving a spoiler that explains why you choose a certain answer does more towards getting people to understand how the alignments work within Eberron. For every guild / person that would spend the time analyzing the questions and figuring out the right answers using logic, there would probably be more that would just try random combinations until they "got lucky", without actually thinking about what the answers mean.

I love challenging puzzles in games that make you think and reason things out, but there are a lot of people that hate that and just get frustrated by it. Not posting spoilers causes THEM to leave. I'd say, from reading the forums and dealing with lots of PUGs that the *majority* of players don't like solving puzzles in the game, they just want to kill, get their loot and repeat.

For those people giving a spoiler is not like someone telling them the ending to their TV show, it is more like someone giving them a DVD of it so they can watch it whenever they want.

norman_quickfinger
10-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Alright, and I can see your point, but...the people who quit because all they can do is loot would be the ones, I would hope, that want more challenge in the game. That being the case, they shouldn't be looking at spoilers because that would remove the challenge they want. Given that, posting a spoiler immediately would have no impact on players who aren't in the game just for the loot, right?

I'd also say that giving a spoiler that explains why you choose a certain answer does more towards getting people to understand how the alignments work within Eberron. For every guild / person that would spend the time analyzing the questions and figuring out the right answers using logic, there would probably be more that would just try random combinations until they "got lucky", without actually thinking about what the answers mean.

I love challenging puzzles in games that make you think and reason things out, but there are a lot of people that hate that and just get frustrated by it. Not posting spoilers causes THEM to leave. I'd say, from reading the forums and dealing with lots of PUGs that the *majority* of players don't like solving puzzles in the game, they just want to kill, get their loot and repeat.

For those people giving a spoiler is not like someone telling them the ending to their TV show, it is more like someone giving them a DVD of it so they can watch it whenever they want.

We could sit here and argue this all day long and never get any where. You want to give hints about no problem. But to just straight up give out the answers that soon after release. No I will never agree with it. All the people that I've talked to on Ghallanda agree that it was done to soon after the release. Mods don't come out fast enough as it is. This one was made to last longer and make people think for once.

jaitee
10-04-2007, 11:43 AM
chain reaction

the people who wants a challenge, will not look here, but will pug, and have people do the answers

for example, i was zerging though flesh makers the other day

the rest of the group was new, i was like you guys are going the wrong way, they then told me we are new to the content...

by the time i had noticed, i already spoiled the whole quest for them, by killing everything, zerging, and grabbing keys, opening doors ,killing bosses, it was too late

i doubt they had any fun, because of me

jjflanigan
10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
chain reaction

the people who wants a challenge, will not look here, but will pug, and have people do the answers

for example, i was zerging though flesh makers the other day

the rest of the group was new, i was like you guys are going the wrong way, they then told me we are new to the content...

by the time i had noticed, i already spoiled the whole quest for them, by killing everything, zerging, and grabbing keys, opening doors ,killing bosses, it was too late

i doubt they had any fun, because of me

I have done that a lot in the past -- now every time I join a pug and we enter a quest I ask if they are new to it or not and whether they want to fully experience the quest or just get it done :)

Fallout
10-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Puzzles does not extend the game life or make it more interesting. If I wanted puzzle games I'll go play Myst or something. Whats the other thing someone wrote, stealing their time? ROFL. They have time sinks for that. Its call collectables for turn-ins.

For people who want to figure out the puzzle yourself, whats stopping you from doing it? Make your own party of people who hasn't read the spoilers and do it. Or ask people not blurting out answers.

Its call choice.

No one is forcing people to read spoilers.

Games are fun-based, more so than challenged based. If games aren't fun, people will stop playing regardless if its challenging or not. The opposite isn't true. If a game is fun even if its not challenging, people will still play. Best games combine the two, but most important thing is fun.

Neon_Budz
10-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Let this drop already, all you are doing at this point is giving out free bumps to keep this thread at the top of the pile.

You can either give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry. We know the Ops take on this. The question people have to ask now that the answers are available to them is simply, "do I want to accept handouts or not?"

Even with these answers, those who claim puzzles are not their thing have a snowball's chance in hell of actually beating the Raid.

muffinlad
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Neon Budz;1375584]

You can either give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry. We know the Ops take on this. The question people have to ask now that the answers are available to them is simply, "do I want to accept handouts or not?" [QUOTE]

All the OP did was give the man a hook to HELP him fish. He already knew how.

If someone puts SPOILER, and states what it is about, I don't have ANY problem with Adults looking, or not looking at it. If it is 1 min after it goes live, or 5 days, their choice. They were warned, and they get to have their own game experience.

muffineyeofneedle

Jilliane
10-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Puzzles does not extend the game life or make it more interesting. If I wanted puzzle games I'll go play Myst or something.

Then you had better go play myst rather than do the new raid. I say that without sarcasm, and I am not referrring to the pre-raid.

B_Notorious
10-06-2007, 07:52 PM
WooHoo! My Shield is SOOOooo Cooo....

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd44/B_Notorious/DeathsDoor1.jpg

Snike
10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Why are you people complaining? You aren't forced to read spoilers AND it was clearly stated at the begining of thread.

Trugaard
10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Why would any guild care if others can also complete the quest? Does that detract from your gameplay. Is there something wrong with everyone having fun when there playing and a life outside of DDO.

In all honesty I read the post and I couldn't remember it anyway without writing it all down, so things will be new. What about the members of your guild that didn't "pioneer" the first raid? Do they get to benefit from your knowledge? Is that okay because they're in your little group of friends?

If it bothers you that much, because people who spend less time playing a game then you are enjoying themselves rather than treating a game like a job. I think you have major problems.

I think the majority of the DDO world are friendly, sharing and "normal" people who enjoy the fun of the group. Hey Loki your friggin pathetic that this could even bother you. Grow up *** mouse and go in the corner and play with your little guildies, stop posting your ignorant statements.

Oh and on a final note, everyone on this forum gains an advantage from the posts on here. I guess I'm supposed to believe that you've never learned anything from the forum and your complete knowledge is based solely on your own experiences. Ya right.

Snike
10-07-2007, 06:25 PM

Yet you posted no such complaints on threads about what spells to use on what mobs in the new content. That were posted within hours of release.

DDO_Ironwolf
10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
- this discussion is a mute point.

-Just because there is crack peddled on stormreach's street corners does it mean you have to smoke it ?

- Just because there are stormreach brothels does that mean you have to use them ?

- If an adventurer happens to drop their battle plans and tactics and you pick them up and read it does that mean you have to use it ?

* The answer to all those questions is NO. Its called free will. Stop complaining about it and move on *

Perceval418
10-08-2007, 02:05 PM
That's cool. Easy fix. Cry.

Entirely missing the point. This isn't about the lazy people who want spoilers, it's about the people who have been working hard to earn it and now the lazy people have caught right up with zero effort. Those are the people getting hurt. People can choose not to read everything under the "spoiler" tag. They cannot choose for everyone else not to read it. Not cool.

Also, this has nothing to do with Legion. Legion has given preraid answers to more people than anyone else in the game. We just chose not to do so publicly to avoid punishing those who earned it legit like we did.

Well maybe the "crying" should be done towards turbine not towards people who are posting answers to these questions. While its true that this is Dungeons and Dragons online, not everybody has mastered D&D lore. I dont own a single book on D&D, so why should i go 200k into XP debt to figure out how to answer questions which are entirely D&D lore related?

And honestly i play casters as my main, so do the alignment of mobs even matter to me? No. Because i only know thier immunities, not thier alignment. So theres two levels where the whole line of questioning favors those who are D&D fans, while "punishing" to use your word, those who could care less and just enjoy playing the game with fun people and having a good time. Tons of XP debt is not a good time.

Caliban
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
The issue is not that a spoiler post was made, this sort of post was inevitable.

The "outrage" is pointless and petty. If you don't want a spoiler, don't read it. It's just that simple.

If you object to other people using an online spoiler, that's your problem. Not theirs.

Take your condescending elitist attitude elsewhere

wiglin
10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
The "outrage" is pointless and petty. If you don't want a spoiler, don't read it. It's just that simple.

If you object to other people using an online spoiler, that's your problem. Not theirs.

QFT

Cinwulf
10-11-2007, 10:56 AM

/agreed

iconiclastic
10-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Okay so you posted the answers on the forums and the jacktards have their opinions pro and con.All I have to say is if you took the time(and xp debt)to figure out the answers then you have the right to post or not to post the answers.

Warrax23
10-15-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't see what the big deal is,

A) if you don't want it spoiled don't read the forums go play.
B) the GIANT SIGN that can be seen from space pretty much tells ya whats in here.
C) I think they did a great job, and I also must say that people are SO impatient in this game that the paladin room in PoP was avoided do in pre raid who's gonna have the time to sit there and let someone actually think about the questions? You'll have some idiots switching eq and jumping around, or blabbering about there garbage eq....

So keep up the good work, and everyone else watch what ya read...

Wizzly_Bear
10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
We could sit here and argue this all day long and never get any where. You want to give hints about no problem. But to just straight up give out the answers that soon after release. No I will never agree with it. All the people that I've talked to on Ghallanda agree that it was done to soon after the release. Mods don't come out fast enough as it is. This one was made to last longer and make people think for once.

there is no less content with a spoiler than there is with one. just fewer reruns of something for someone to get bored/frustrated with. also, if the devs REALLY made ths one to "last longer" as you said, then there would be more than 15 questions, they would be random, and they would be timed.

Wizzly_Bear
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Yet you posted no such complaints on threads about what spells to use on what mobs in the new content. That were posted within hours of release.

qft

aldan
10-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks soooo much OP.

If you think I am going to spend the hours and xp necessary to figure this **** out, that is crazy. Even when you have the cheese it is still a challenge with a PUG and that is enough timesink for me. Its not like you can put "killed the Abbot on your resume.

Thanks to the guilds who came before and spent precious time for us to have the spoils.

Catica
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Its not like you can put "killed the Abbot on your resume.

ROFLMAO! Just wanted you to know Ill be putting this in my Sig soon. Thanks!

oronisi
10-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Not everyone has the time to spend days (or weeks) trying to solve these sort of puzzles. For some of us, our game time is precious and knowing that others are willing to help rather than gloat is much appreciated.

Not everyone is dumb enough to require days (or weeks) to solve a simple puzzle. I got my group through on the first try (and 3 more after that) without a spoiler. After you know the general context of the puzzle (answer towards a specific alignment), and after you've beaten the 4 Orchard quests and read a tiny bit of the text involved in the quest, you should be able to determine the boss's alignments, the puzzle is simple.

I do agree with those that are weary of these kinds of spoilers. Overall it kills the game. WoW has some great spoiler sites and it destroys the fun in the game. Everyone always turns to the spoilers at first for a genuine reason - frustration. Trying to do the same quest the 20th time and failing again stinks, but then again, so does cheapening the win when you are given the answers.

Ah well, at least this spoiler was labeled properly. That's about all I can ask for.

Yajerman01
10-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Well I see you fall into that group where you get your ego
Then you contradict yourself.. Its okay to make this post but yet put a link to the answers whereas its not okay to make this post with just the answers listed.. Difference being? you have one more click to get to for the answers lol. MMMM lack of consideration and respect for all the other paying players, you should change that too i.e. the groups that get their ego boosts from this game, cause I see more paying players glad to have the answers then I do of those against it.

And yes if someone REALLY doesnt want to know the answers they wont look. I spent from about 3pm Saturday to 3am Monday solving the puzzle and in that time frame we had many PUGGERS come and join our group to help out and a few of them knew the answers, they told us they knew them when they joined and we told them not to give them to us we wanted to try on our own first. And guess what? They didnt give them to us. So far beyond the answers on a post we had people in our party who had the answers, we didnt want to know them yet, so we didnt get them. If people dont want the answers they wont read the post.

Next DDO is supposed to be a community game based on helping each other. Not a game of my guild knows all the answers and we arent going to help anyone else so everything thinks we are all so uber and cool. I want more people to be able to do the raid, why wouldnt you?, the new content is there for everyone not just those who are willing to give up their real lifes to grind it out. Hate all you want, Im GLAD I can help others out regardless of who they are or their playing style, IM GLAD I have the courage to stand up against the uber guilds and say Im not going to play around and make you beg for answers get killed hundreds of times waste countless hours becoming discouraged and frustrated with a game, if you want to know how to do it here it is. Enjoy!

If I am lucky and aside my family obligations I am able to play a couple hours a night and I do not have time to get involved in every nuance of the game. This information is just a part of the whole adventure. I am thankful that you have provided this information because it gives me knowledge that only die hard gamers would have achieved in such short time. This information would have taken me weeks if not months to obtain through arduous and sometimes "non-fun" situations. You have essentially evened the playing field while ****ing the snobs off at the same time. Somone mentioned that this burns up the new content for others. I think they meant it burns them up, as they cannot prance around gloating as everyone will be doing the same quests. I give the ubers credit for doing this on their own, but then again, I do not have hours upon hours to burn as they do, or I would be uber too. LOL!

This content will be fresh for awhile, let the ubers cry, heck I would imagine they are already bored and want new content as well, (i am sure there si a post soemwhere about that as well). I am not even near doing this quest yet, but at least I got some helpful info when that day comes.

Again thanks for the information, much oblidged.

Abagadar
10-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks Catica, this post is very useful and much appreciated!

jaitee
10-21-2007, 10:45 PM
omg i used these answers and they are all wrong!

either that or i must be stupid :rolleyes:

Cheg
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
i must be stupid :rolleyes:

Ding Ding Ding. ;)

jaitee
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Ding Ding Ding. ;)

damn truth HURTS!!!

Ringos
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Thank you Catica. It is very unselfish to post help to those who, for whatever reason, need assistance in a raid such as this. There are many (including me) who appreciate the time and effort into providing this assistance to us.

For those who are so quick to condemn, I would ask why? THIS IS ONLY A GAME! Posting help only serves to assist people in playing a GAME. It's amazing how some people get so caught up in this that they can't see that. Here is another spoiler for you:

We are not Wizards. We are not Rogues. We are not Clerics. Last I checked, most of us haven't killed too many giants and we can't cast Magic Missile to attack the darkness. Who are we? We are people who sit in chairs, in front of a computer and pretend to fight evil monsters. We drink beer and Diet Coke, not Zombie Juice and Dirty Kobolds. When we step outside, we don't carry rapiers and battle-axes, we carry cell phones and PDAs. Do the people who are so intent on hoarding the power and knowledge here do the same in real life? Can you imagine if this attitude was shared by the masses in the real world?

It seems that somehow a few people on this message board actually think that the game is real. Some get inflated egos because they can be the 'first' or 'best' at something in this game. They can short-man a raid and make others beg for mercy in PVP. If that's what you want to do, that's great, but there is no need to subject us to your pompous attitudes after you have anointed yourself 'the best'. It's only a game.

"Arrogance is a fools idea of glory" -Bruce Lee
(also quoted as "Showing off is a fool's idea of glory")

CaseStringer
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
In hindsight, this is even more HILARIOUS!!! After several changes by the Devs to make this Raid more beatable, it is STILL the least run Raid (Still really tough to beat too!)... I support the OP's decision to release this info 3-6 days (or hours for that matter!) after Mod. update. I applaud the OP for her hard work. Have 3 characters flagged on 2 other servers, but was looking for quick list of answers to get my Thelanis character flagged too. Just didn't want to hash it out @ 2am...;) P.S... (to quote a local radio DJ, Porsche Foxx) " Make your Haters, your MOTIVATORS!!" :cool:

ddoer
12-24-2009, 07:46 AM
thx the OP. I have been using this thread for a very long time, and recently, I have put up exactly the same information on my website:
http://www.ddoer.com/guide/quest/lotd

The answer is structured in a table with color highlight, and use exactly wordings from the game. I hope it is useful for you.

epochofcrepuscule
12-24-2009, 09:00 AM
I would just like to say..

>BUMP<

wizzy_catt
01-16-2010, 04:29 AM
this answer key for cinnis side. can anyone verify it?

Matuse
01-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Yes, the Cinnis answers in the OP are all correct.