PDA

View Full Version : Black Abbott googles bug

Hakushi
10-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Ok here we go, I know the bug is known, but I don't understand how such a bug made the final release. It can just ruin the game play of some people. Why I am posting about this, because it happeend tonight to me and my friends, we were 6, attempting the new raid and trying to learn as much as possible from it. One of us had the googles, and I was on the other side of the room, but we all died except him, so we all recalled, and 4 were able to leave the group, and when it was my turn to leave the group, I had that very nice message:
(Error): You can't create, destroy, or modify a party while any members are teleporting.

Useless to say I immediatly submitted a ticked to a gm, and my friend did the same. It was like 30-45 minutes before the servers were going down. The only tells we got were the ones from the Administrator about the server downtime. I waited and never got a tell from a gm, the last part of my night was just ruined. Now I have to go to sleep, and I will only be able to log back at midnight when I come back from my job, and how much I will have to wait before I'm getting fixed, I have no idea, maybe my friend will be able to log before and get a gm, but all that time we loss because of such an horrible bug.

The Goodblade quests were closed because of the dividing slimes bug. It was a very good decision. The new raid is still there, even if it had a bug that can ruin an entire party of 12 people. I don't understand why this quest is open to everyone, with such a bug. The raid is now a lot less enjoyable when you know you can get bugged, and stuck for a long time, it all depends on how busy the gms are, sometimes it can be very long.

With todays hotfix, we are getting the Violet Slime bug fixed, but the Abbott Googles bug is left out. People are now attempting the raid, and more can be bugged, and it's not everyone who visit the forums. After thinking about it, I came up with what I think is the best solution:

Please close the new raid untill that bug is fixed, exactly like you did with the quests with Violet Slimes in.

Qzipoun
10-02-2007, 07:39 AM
What's funny is the devs were really sure no one would be at the raid before they fixed it... :p

I'm hoping they do fix that today though, even if it was not announced.

MysticTheurge
10-02-2007, 07:41 AM
What's funny is the devs were really sure no one would be at the raid before they fixed it... :p

I believe Quarion said it was unlikely that anyone would get to the point and even if they did it would be a bug that would only affect a few people.

Ringlord
10-02-2007, 07:49 AM
I believe the endlessly multiplying slime bug got those quests closed because it was a bug that could have very easily lead to crashes of the game if someone caused it to split enough times. The bug with the goggles in the new raid will not cause server crashes and is not one someone would intentionally cause to happen to themselves. The dividing slime bug I am sure would have been played around with by many people wanting to see how many they could make.

Rekker
10-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Would you have rather they held off Mod 5 for another month ???

The choice was let people get in and play 99% of Mod 5 with little issue or not play at all.

Tenkari_Rozahas
10-02-2007, 08:04 AM
I seem to recall that turbine released a warning stating that you shouldn't Recall while wearing the special goggles in the raid, as it can lead to those kind of problems.... funny no one seems to see them before its too late.

Chances are the dead goggle guy tried to release before you could leave group, thus thats why you got the party error.

JelloMold
10-02-2007, 08:10 AM
It's nice to see that the Black Abbot (even though he is a demi-god) still has to use the Google like the rest of us :D. He must be an amateur Entomologist.

Sorry couldn't resist.

jaitee
10-02-2007, 09:57 AM
in my normal group of raiding, we always tell our friends/players to destroy them as a friendly reminder

remember to destroy the goggles...is simple enough right?

tihocan
10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Instead of asking to close the raid, why don't you just wait till it's fixed before going in? It'll be the same for you, while those who want to try it still can. Everyone's happy :)

Qzipoun
10-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Would you have rather they held off Mod 5 for another month ???

No, actually, I would have preferred Mod 5 back in August and bug free, thank you very much. Why do you people always assume that it HAD to be either late or bugged? ....

MysticTheurge
10-02-2007, 11:49 AM
No, actually, I would have preferred Mod 5 back in August and bug free, thank you very much. Why do you people always assume that it HAD to be either late or bugged? ....

Uh, because they found bugs and it was either delay and fix them or release the thing buggy.

Dariuss
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM

because it wasn't ready in august so they had the coice of delaying it or releasing it bugged. Not an assumption.

Riddikulus
10-02-2007, 11:58 AM
because it wasn't ready in august so they had the coice of delaying it or releasing it bugged. Not an assumption.
It wasn't ready in september either, but they released it anyway. As bugs go though both of these are minor in my book... they've done much worse before.

After all the goggle bug, while serious, probably mostly hits only the uber that have been running the raid on Risia and should know better, and the slime bug is, well, more funny than anything else.

Okita
10-02-2007, 03:37 PM
shrug ... i find it hard to sympathize... especially since they warned us in RED BOLD font when we log in..