PDA

View Full Version : New DQ Elite Tactic!

Jket
09-30-2007, 03:45 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/Byondjket/ScreenShot00109.jpg

This party and I thought up a new brilliant tactic that I would like to share with you fellow adventurers.. We failed 3 times before i came up with the brilliant idea and here goes nothing!

Step 1:
Fully buff party before heading into the circle.

Step 2:
Before initiating the fight against the queen split up into 3 GROUPS.

Group 1:1-2 clerics,2-4 casters,1-4 tanks
Group 2:1-2 clerics,2-4 casters,1-4 tanks
Group 3:Ranged classes or Ranged Abled toons.

Step 3:
Have each group on different sides of the circle hugging on a pillar together so the healer can mass heal their groups. At the same time have the ranged people running around shutting the demon queen, and the casters nuking her with firewall,disintigrate, and scorching ray.

Step 4:
Djinni start popping so your tanks/ranged people should take them out to save the casters mana. The key is to keep mass healing going while blade barriers pass through.

Step 5:
Continue nuking with magic and ranged till the queen is down to 20% at this point, no magic will work your ranged people must do all the work... the tanks can help with throwers/bows.

There you have it the plan worked for us on elite with only 2 clerics mass healing and 2 semi-ranged people...

Have fun,
Jket!

Litz
09-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Been there done that. O wait we were on the same raid maybee?

Only thing is magic did work after 20% just took a while to find the right spell. I used Delayed Blast Fireball (instant) for 20-30 mitigated damage.

jeffreyalsip
09-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Thank you, Jket, for sharing this strategy with the rest of the world.

I suspect that the Elite Raiders (now Onslaught) have already (since the update) done this with two people..or maybe even solo. But those guys hold their cards real close to their chests.

Shade
09-30-2007, 05:21 AM
Whys this the "new" tactic?
Only change was the fix to the safe spots, which were never nessasary.

Done this raid on elite a dozen times never using a safe spot...

When my party asks for tactics on this raid, im like "Yep, ill swing my axe and u heal me"

Works fine for me.

Jket
09-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Whys this the "new" tactic?
Only change was the fix to the safe spots, which were never nessasary.

Done this raid on elite a dozen times never using a safe spot...

When my party asks for tactics on this raid, im like "Yep, ill swing my axe and u heal me"

Works fine for me.

On elite if you can do this congrats but for the average joes out there unlike some of us who cant do this.. this new method should be easy with a couple clerics and a few casters...

Jket
09-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Been there done that. O wait we were on the same raid maybee?

Only thing is magic did work after 20% just took a while to find the right spell. I used Delayed Blast Fireball (instant) for 20-30 mitigated damage.

/points at picture link at the crazy wizard named Litz

Yep you were there bud :D
waz saturday so maybe you were drunk haha

jket

Tulsa_Doom
09-30-2007, 12:41 PM
New maybe to be posted and good for you but not new as far as tactics are concerned.

Svetelana
09-30-2007, 06:12 PM
New maybe to be posted and good for you but not new as far as tactics are concerned.

Uber dude....he was sharing this to help......Not to hear your grief.....

Jket
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Uber dude....he was sharing this to help......Not to hear your grief.....

Thank you grab

Tulsa_Doom
10-01-2007, 12:08 AM
All I said was its not new. Anyone who knows me would know I abhor the term uber. Grow some skin.

Jket
10-01-2007, 06:22 AM
All I said was its not new. Anyone who knows me would know I abhor the term uber. Grow some skin.

then you have no business posting what u did.. this was to help others and you seem to like to ruin that.

underlordone
10-01-2007, 06:37 AM
did same thing when I did it but didnt take any tanks only scouts and caster class. She whent down rather fast with 6 rangers many shot all on her.

Riot
10-01-2007, 07:48 AM
ps: You don't have to have clerics.

We do this without them.

Jket
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
ps: You don't have to have clerics.

We do this without them.

yeh true... thanks once again for posting how cool you are... i was simply helping other players by giving a simple guideline... You could do it with bards with mass heal scrolls... constant wand whipping.. you dont need clerics but once again someone like you has to post... I am uber too dude i just like to help everyone out... get a grip.

Jket

Jket
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
did same thing when I did it but didnt take any tanks only scouts and caster class. She whent down rather fast with 6 rangers many shot all on her.

yeh i can see her dropping real quick.. there are many ways to do it and your way would be great too..

I pugged it on elite and thats what the lfm gave me so i worked with it so i didnt have to wait an hour or longer... (still had to wait long considering the class mixture i got)

J

Litz
10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
yeh true... thanks once again for posting how cool you are... i was simply helping other players by giving a simple guideline... You could do it with bards with mass heal scrolls... constant wand whipping.. you dont need clerics but once again someone like you has to post... I am uber too dude i just like to help everyone out... get a grip.

Jket

Maybee I don't know the details but sounds like Riot was just adding some helpful info as well. Might be being a bit harsh on him.

Jket
10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Maybee I don't know the details but sounds like Riot was just adding some helpful info as well. Might be being a bit harsh on him.

well like i said good for him... wat he was doing is sometihng that other people hate in this game.. bragging. This is a game and we all know we can do things.. Good for him that he has a bunch of guildies following him around that he can pull together for a raid.. I pugged it with people from all different guilds and got a weird mixture..

he didnt need to post... my original forum post was simple.. I was helping others out who used to "cheat" with the little safe spot. I wasn't boasting... this wasnt meant to be a boasting thread.. yet two people seemed to want to throw in 2 copper that was unneccessary... you could do this raid with all rangers... thats not the point... the point is for average joes to pick up certain people for 99.9% garaunteed success in the elite raid.

Jket

Litz
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Nah I know Riot pretty well, he's not braging as much as he's not being very clear on what he's trying to point out. Unless I'm wrong I think he's trying to say with the split tactic you can manage her agro so as to not get her to pile up on any one side and thus require minimal healing, wands, pots ect. So if I'm right he was just confirming your claim.

Jket
10-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Nah I know Riot pretty well, he's not braging as much as he's not being very clear on what he's trying to point out. Unless I'm wrong I think he's trying to say with the split tactic you can manage her agro so as to not get her to pile up on any one side and thus require minimal healing, wands, pots ect. So if I'm right he was just confirming your claim.

ahhh well from my experience casters need alot of attention due to blade barriers... specially 20% and lower... constant potions wont help much on elite... so need other attention or else they all die cuz they are squishy then once casters die most of the dps die... rangers need to do 20% though usually... unless you have a real beefy tank who can be healed REAL well while fighting cuz the dqs dps is crazy on elite...

Jket

Litz
10-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Trick is getting the casters to pull the agro at the right times. See her move towards one side (your side) stop casting diplo if possible (joke) but the other take the agro back. Ping Pong, Criss Cross, whatever you want to call it. I can see how a team of not even uber people could do it. For pugs on Pabst Blue Ribbon raid run on Sat. night isn't going to happen. We just did the next best thing.

jkm
10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
my caster doesn't have much problem staying alive in the blade barriers. well, one of them doesn't. of course, he swings a great axe in his firewalls and gets rejected from every group he tries to join, but anyway...

congrats, personally i think the best achievement was beating her with such a large group. in my experience, it just takes one to not know what they are doing to get you wiped.

Jaysensen
10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for sharing this tactic. I am sure there are many people, such as myself, that have never done it this way. Personally, I am always willing to learn new strategies.

If your guild already does it this way, great! If not, thats great too! It would be better if you shared your strategies though.

Jket
10-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks for sharing this tactic. I am sure there are many people, such as myself, that have never done it this way. Personally, I am always willing to learn new strategies.

If your guild already does it this way, great! If not, thats great too! It would be better if you shared your strategies though.

haha actually never did it before till just the other day but worked pretty efficiently...

EMDEN
10-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the tip, another way to beat her.....

To the "uber" slammers..... get back under the porch, if someone wants to help, let them and just sit by and watch and not open your yapper like a dog.

Jket
10-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the tip, another way to beat her.....

To the "uber" slammers..... get back under the porch, if someone wants to help, let them and just sit by and watch and not open your yapper like a dog.

nicely said.

Aranticus
10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
jket, casters can still do damage at the last 20%. u just need L6 or better spells to damage. since she is resistant to fire, best is to use disintegrate. emp, maxed, they'll kill her quick if they survive :D

Jket
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
jket, casters can still do damage at the last 20%. u just need L6 or better spells to damage. since she is resistant to fire, best is to use disintegrate. emp, maxed, they'll kill her quick if they survive :D

haha yeh... come with me tomorrow shugar!!

Riot
10-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Actually I was giving a hint without giving away the whole deal.
(you don't have to cheat to beat this encounter once you figure out a few behavioral things about the mobs)

Thanks for being an a$z.....

InfidelofHaLL
10-02-2007, 08:22 AM

mmm its actually lvl 5 spells and better

Strakeln
10-02-2007, 09:36 AM
jket, casters can still do damage at the last 20%. u just need L6 or better spells to damage. since she is resistant to fire, best is to use disintegrate. emp, maxed, they'll kill her quick if they survive :DA while ago, I found cone of cold worked pretty well (don't carry disintegrate cept in scrolls). I'd imagine ball lightning would work reasonably well.

Jket
10-02-2007, 02:09 PM
A while ago, I found cone of cold worked pretty well (don't carry disintegrate cept in scrolls). I'd imagine ball lightning would work reasonably well.

thanks for the tip =)

Jket
10-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Actually I was giving a hint without giving away the whole deal.
(you don't have to cheat to beat this encounter once you figure out a few behavioral things about the mobs)

Thanks for being an a$z.....

sorry if i misinterpreted what you said the internet is a scary thing and text doesnt have tone =)

Jket

Litz
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Main thing to know is if Riot was going to brag, he'd done a better job of it, and there wouldn't be any doubt.

Riot
10-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Damn Skippy..... like 57 AC UNBUFFED NOW!!!!! 61 in paladin Aura!!!

RAWR!!

kbmay44
10-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Main thing to know is if Riot was going to brag, he'd done a better job of it, and there wouldn't be any doubt.

Trust Me Litz Knows BRAGGING.....:D