PDA

View Full Version : In Game Customer Support?

B_Notorious
09-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll tell you what that's what you need too develop, is Customer Support, because what you have currently is a farce. I had an issue at midnight last night, got a "first response" back at 2 am, TWO HOURS LATER! Waited until 4 a.m. to here from your 2nd teir of support. Dozed off for 15 minuites. SUPRISE, SUPRISE it was 4 a.m. Was auto logged out, I DID NOT LOGG OFF, logged back on at 4:30 to find my ticket closed and a message being told there was nothing that can be done now that I logged Off. YOU LOGGED ME OFF Turbine, and Turned me off too, from your game. I spent two days collecting Sigil peices for the new raid only to have them snatched away from me because of a simple bug that happened to not only me, but someone else in my guild as well. I thought that you had QA testing. Well they all need too be fired. They had a month to QA test this new update and didn't find a simple bug that two of us found the first time we turned in our Sigil. You also need to implement a way to NOT boot a player due to inactivity if they still have a ticket open. How long do you expect a person too wait for assistance from you, because I have to tell you In my opinion asking someone too wait for 4 hours is insane. Imagine if ANY OTHER buisness did that, Customer Service....Please Hold....For four hours....and if you dont speak into the phone every 30 minuites while your waiting we'll dissconnect you and consider the issue unfixable. What a load of B.S. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Hendrik
09-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Next time, stay awake at the keyboard.

You were idle and auto logged.

Allorious
09-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I have had similar things happen in the middle of the night (EST). I swear that the devs wait for you to log and then close your tcket. I have myself and others on multiple occasions have tickets closed within 10-15 minutes after you give up and log. I an CONVINCED this is intentional.

chippy
10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Ok I have a very easy fix for this issue. Here is what you do. Get yourself a bottle of Tylenol (I am sure if you play ddo you have one on your desk) now take the bottle and wedge it onto your up button on your keyboard. Now your guy will just sit (preferably in a tavern) running forward. The game thinks you are moving but you can fall asleep with the speakers turned all the way up. So when the message you the ping sound will hopefully wake you up. As for them intentionally not responding to tickets until you get off. I am also pretty sure they are doing this. I think they can see what the ticket is and if they don’t want to take care of it they go on to the next one then the next till you get off line then go back to yours. Now the reason I think this is that I had my son stuck on one dungeon with an open GM request while I got stuck in another. For me it was just a guy didn’t spawn but for him they lost a required item. He had been waiting for over an hour when I put in my ticket but I got a GM before he did.

Sparker
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
This is incorrect.

While it may have been bad timing where a ticket was resolved after you logged off, we do not intentionally wait for players to log off just to close their ticket.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with ingame support, we do the best that we can with what we have to work with. Also, response times can increase significantly after a patch or a module. This is unfortunate, but it does not mean we are ignoring you.

I have had similar things happen in the middle of the night (EST). I swear that the devs wait for you to log and then close your tcket. I have myself and others on multiple occasions have tickets closed within 10-15 minutes after you give up and log. I an CONVINCED this is intentional.

Spookydodger
10-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Well, you could have stayed logged into the game by staying on the logout dialog option.

Though it really wouldn't made a difference if you had been logged out or not. You were asleep.

Had you remained online, then the ticket would have read "Customer didn't respond to repeated queries".

It's times like that where you send off an email and go to sleep.

I know long wait times are a drag, but really, you gotta have priorities. This game shouldn't be worth 4 hours of sitting on your butt, no matter how big the error. 30 minutes, tops, unless you can find something else to do in the meantime.

You'll be happier, believe me. :)