PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins...

M1A1
09-29-2007, 08:27 AM
A :mad: Sorcerer :mad: taking the Sword of Shadows, that he pulls and actually wants...SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

OMG :eek: , what are we gonna do now, call him a ****, kick him out of the group, squelch him and try to stir up hate against him....

Disclaimer: MAKE SURE you put out BEFORE you get to the Raid Chest how YOU want the loot to be divided and MAKE SURE the group agrees/leaves if they dont like how it will be done. WHATEVER you do tho, dont open the chest and THEN say hey..we are gonna do it this way....

ROFL

Im the Sorcerer in the story and this just happened to me...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo..........................

Your gonna squelch me and never ever ever ever EVER invite me to your groups again...lol...

ok.

Thats my characters.

Strangelove66
09-29-2007, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't sweat it. If people are squelching you because of that, then I'm sure you won't miss talking with them. Besides, the SOS can be very nice in the hands of a sorcerer, especially when combined with flesh to stone (adamantine and x3 criticals) or even hold monster/person spells. Rock on, I say. :)

KoboldKiller
09-29-2007, 09:02 AM
At first it sounds odd to want th SoS for a sorc, but really each build and how you play or what you want/need for each is entirely up to you. If they don't like it too bad. I have always announced my intentions/needs/wants at ther outset. Have fun.

HorridForm
09-29-2007, 09:55 AM
To anyone who would complain about a player taking the raid loot assigned to him regardless of what it is needs to realize we're in an all new
raiding era.

The raid items are no longer rare. 1 12 man elite raid yields an easy 4 raids items. 20 completions yields a page with your choice of half the available raid items.

This new system will insure that every noob has their dragon boots and sos in a matter of a few weeks.

So be happy with it and dont make yourself look dumb now just because the first raid you did since mod 5 patch didnt go how you planned it.

Solstyse
09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
If your going to use it take it, if not give it up. But it is all to the players own disgression. Guild work diffrently but even that is too their own disgression.
With that siad is there really a need for 2 of these posts? I know ones in the server forum one is not, but I am willing to bet most people who read your server forum also read the other ones.

LtBigDaddyCool
09-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Your chest, your loot. What you do with it is up to you. A lot of the haters out there don't realize that a Caster with Hold Monster or Flesh to Stone can do an awful lot of soloing out there for random loot. (Desert - bloodstone anyone? Ring of Spell Storing?)

The_Feared
09-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Indeed... If somebody loots a raid item that person should be able to do anything he/she wants to do with that item

Just be thankful you've seen a raid item drop on your run!

Knightrose
09-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm a fair guy, have been all my life.

But if I want to loot the Napkin so I can wipe my *** with it. That's my right as an American.

God bless America.

VonBek
09-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Your toon, his toon, my toon, our loot, that sword, are entries in a database. If db entries are THAT important to someone, they can go here: Dolphins R Pretty (http://www.mysql.com/)

artvan_delet
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Just curious how your sorceror plans to use the SOS. I agree with "you pull it you keep it." I'd be disappointed with a guildie cleric (for example) that kept a +3 intel tome though. (I don't run a toon that could justify using a +3 intel tome, this is just an example.)

debo
10-01-2007, 03:56 PM

But if I want to loot the Napkin so I can wipe my *** with it. That's my right as an American.

God bless America.

lol :)

Palmetto
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Just curious how your sorceror plans to use the SOS. I agree with "you pull it you keep it." I'd be disappointed with a guildie cleric (for example) that kept a +3 intel tome though. (I don't run a toon that could justify using a +3 intel tome, this is just an example.)
Run out of spell points -------> Tensor transformation scroll + SOS + swing like a fool = better than standing there doing nothing like an idiot

Dexxaan
10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Run out of spell points -------> Tensor transformation scroll + SOS + swing like a fool = better than standing there doing nothing like an idiot

Actually by doing what he did he's ALREADY looking like an idiot. :eek:

Not the OP's fault really, PUG Raid groups + New Raid loot System = Present Issue....

Common Sense isn't so common is it?

Cruzer
10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Main board wasn't enough, had to throw it into Sarlona general discussion too? Now thats amusing.

Hence
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't sweat it. If people are squelching you because of that, then I'm sure you won't miss talking with them. Besides, the SOS can be very nice in the hands of a sorcerer, especially when combined with flesh to stone (adamantine and x3 criticals) or even hold monster/person spells. Rock on, I say. :)

Umm.. err... ANY puncturing weapon takes things down faster when they are flesh to stoned, hold monster/person than a SoS.

Tensers transformation may make the sword useful in the hands of a Sorcerer. What kind of to-hit does this give you?

I wouldn't put you on my squelch list, but I certainly wouldn't ask you if you needed the +3 cha tome!

Palmetto
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Not the OP's fault really, PUG Raid groups + New Raid loot System = Present Issue....

How do you feel about that OP? Looks like you were just called an idiot. :eek:

Actually, what business is it of yours to determine who gets what raid loot items? I guess I should send you a tell every time I finish a raid and ask if the loot is acceptable for my character class. :rolleyes:

Sybel
10-02-2007, 02:08 AM
I think thats beside the point. It is obvious that a sorceror doesnt have any good use for the SoS, there are plenty of other weapons they could use instead if they absolutly had to melee. The issue is that if you are goint to be "that guy" how do you ever expect to get the loot you need? Lots of barbs out there base their builds around that weapon, so how do you feel if a ranger took the napkin so his spike growth DC's were higher? Need before greed is the way to go bud.

Palmetto
10-02-2007, 07:51 AM
I think thats beside the point. It is obvious that a sorceror doesnt have any good use for the SoS, there are plenty of other weapons they could use instead if they absolutly had to melee. The issue is that if you are goint to be "that guy" how do you ever expect to get the loot you need? Lots of barbs out there base their builds around that weapon, so how do you feel if a ranger took the napkin so his spike growth DC's were higher? Need before greed is the way to go bud.
BS!!! You sound like you want to be in charge of telling everyone how the play their character; what equipment they should carry; what weapons they should use, and when they should or should not roll on raid loot. NO THANK YOU!!! Bottom line, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!

I'll tell you right now ............... don't run raids with fools that insist that only specific loot is suited for your class.

That is his prerogative and none of your business whether he takes it or not. If you want a specific piece of raid loot that bad then keep running that raid until you get it.

Nope!

If it drops in the chest with your name next to it then it is yours to do what you want with it. Trade it to someone in the raid? FINE! Give it away to someone in the raid? FINE! Loot it and sell it to the vendor? FINE! That is the way to go BUD.

Cashiry
10-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree if your name is on it, its your to do with, keep it if you can use it, trade it, or give it up for a roll for those who can use it. Its totally up to the person that pulls the item.

I personnaly will give the item up for a roll, if I wont use it. Maybe next time that person will remember that I did so, and I might get some raid loot down the line that I need.

anyways, just my 2 coppers.

Dexxaan
10-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I guess I should send you a tell every time I finish a raid and ask if the loot is acceptable for my character class. :rolleyes:

Kind of difficult to help you on that one son. Have not been playing enough for you to find me as often as it seems you'll be needing me. But you'll find that like another response stated, need before greed is the way, YOU just don't believe you should obey, and that's (in your book)....O.K.!

Different Strokes Willis,.....Different Strokes. :rolleyes:

Pfamily
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM

God bless America.

Amen brother!

Nor is it found in the above reply...

I'm sure there are self-realized omnicient, power-crazed megalomaniacs out there who will disagree, but the answer is: your chest, your loot.

If you don't want to PUG a raid, then don't! In PnP we share loot among the party members because we are a consistent team who played together regularly, and what was good for one was indeed good for all. Not so outside of a guild in DDO...and a small one at that.

To expect a group of individuals with whom you've not played, and with whom you're not likely to play again, to give up their hard-earned reward to another player just because it might, in your estimation and based on nothing more than your preconceived notions of how the other character is built or played, be better suited to your choice of party member is bull... er, I mean sheer folly. Give it away, how generous! Trade it, you bet! But, try and tell ME what to do with it and I'll suggest somewhere for you to put it...

slothman911
10-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Look I just ran a Reavers Fate with the OP last night. We set the expectations of the raid out before we ran. (You pull you keep unless you want to give away)

I think raid leader saying this is how we roll ahead of time saves a ton of headaches.

When the OP was in our group last night he understood that if his sorc pulled the cloud burst he would be required to give it to my high charisma/dex rogue :)

Dexxaan
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
But, try and tell ME what to do with it and I'll suggest somewhere for you to put it...

Ah! An experienced fellow full of suggestions!

Just relax Dude, common sense and need before greed approach assumes (erroneously with many) a certain basic level of practicality, intelligence and a not so it's mine, Mine, MINE! attitude.

All I'm saying is that the already flawed system we had just got a lot worse and this thread started off with blatant proof.

Of course you can always use your experience and place your unapplicable loot anywhere your past experiences or fantasies may suggest! :D

Cheers!

Qzipoun
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
M1A1 could you please tell me what your toon names are? You're biography is very confusing and I uhhh.... hmmmm... I really look forward to playing with you? :rolleyes:

hinura
10-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I <3 Bruttus

Pfamily
10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
All I'm saying is that the already flawed system we had just got a lot worse and this thread started off with blatant proof.

What you're saying is that it's broken for YOU. Any statements you make with regard to how others play the game are pretentious at best.

As to what I do with my loot...again, and ENTIRELY ON TOPIC, that's my business and none of yours.

frederjoe1
10-02-2007, 01:16 PM
In respose to the OP, I would also like to add that if you are not going to abide by the raid mechanic as it stands, then state it before you get into the quest. DO NOT wait until we are halfway through the raid and I have expended alot of resources to tell me that you are going to do it differently. I have no problem if you do it differently, but inform people before they put in effort into a raid that they do not agree with the way the loot will be divided.

Personally several times I have walked away from raids recently because someone was doing the loot differently than what is already set up, but twice in the last three days, I have had an idiot decide he was going to tell me halfway through the raid, after I had already run through 10 or so heal scrolls and 5-10 rez scrolls.

This was not directed at the original OP, as I understand what he did , it is more just general venting.

Just my 2cp

KoolHand
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
We, who are from Sarlona before the merge ALL know who the OP is. And in knowing this, it should not surprise anyone that he did it. The damg from that weapon in his tensered hands is still MINIMAL at BEST. Did it just to stir up **** on the boards and on hte server period !! So, if you know him then run with him or not. But, please don't act shocked that HE did this..

GHOSTRYDER
10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
M1A1 could you please tell me what your toon names are? You're biography is very confusing and I uhhh.... hmmmm... I really look forward to playing with you? :rolleyes:

characters are in his sig...what's confusing about it?

Palmetto
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Maybe Qzipoun should list his characters and we will return the favor.

moops
10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Geez, and I thought this thread couldn't get any worse.

This is why I Never EVER Pug Raids.

So all you people that keep sending my clerics tells to Raid with, this is why I say no.

Kronik
10-02-2007, 06:44 PM

So all you people that keep sending my clerics tells to Raid with, this is why I say no.

Aaaa, it aint so bad! People just like to cause drama here on the forums and then when you see them in person their the nicest people you'll ever meet, or at least they pretend to be. I have never had any drama or problems with raid loot that wasn't settled.

On another note, I must really suck, cause I rarely get tells asking for help on Raids. :D

Necro_Jill
10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I've pugged a few raids now since mod change. And have done several ways to do the raid loot even everyone rolls on what drops, like the old days. I do prefer what drops is yours to decide. Also, on a side note I do kinda figure that the chance of getting raid loot in a pug is same as short-maning a raid. Nothing wrong with this it just goes with if someone gets an item in there chest they will generally keep it. I don't let this stop me from puggin raids, I don't particularly care who gets what or how many items drop, now I'm just ranting a bit sorry. I guess my point is it's easily solved by checking with group your with when you join how loot will be done. I generally will let ppl roll on what I get (I have no life and have almost all the gear I want) but don't hold that standard to anyone else. I just let them do as they will, it's a game and I leave the drama to those who like to be involved in it.

Just my unworthy two cents.

MacDaddy89
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM

What is so confusing? Maybe the fact that at least one of his names is wrong...

Thats my characters:
WRAEINS' LEGION-Kehgeld 'Wraein (Created: Nymm 998YK - Ascended: Barrakas 999YK)*
PROFESSIONALS-Hiever 'de Elghinn (Born: Barrakas 999YK - )
LUNATIC-Klockwork Orange (Created: Rhaan 999YK - )

So perhaps I should put names of characters I do not have in my signature and have you sqeulch them too? Sneaky I will admit - but perhaps a little obvious given who he has tried to impersonate.

Effective though - I should put Abrams Tank in my sig block and then act like an idiot on the forums.

MacDaddy89
10-03-2007, 02:08 PM

QFT

Qzipoun
10-03-2007, 02:14 PM

What's confusing about it? What's confusing about it is one of the names in his sig is NOT him... I am confused at to what names are guild names and what names are toon names. One of the names in there is most definitely NOT him :/

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe Qzipoun should list his characters and we will return the favor.

If you can't figure out my toon names from seeing me running around on sarlona then there's a problem :p
(hint: if I were to list out my toon names you wouldnt see much of a difference between them at first glance ;) only a couple letters are switched around)

M1A1
10-03-2007, 02:17 PM

So perhaps I should put names of characters I do not have in my signature and have you sqeulch them too? Sneaky I will admit - but perhaps a little obvious given who he has tried to impersonate.

Effective though - I should put Abrams Tank in my sig block and then act like an idiot on the forums.

What's confusing about it? What's confusing about it is one of the names in his sig is NOT him... I am confused at to what names are guild names and what names are toon names. One of the names in there is most definitely NOT him :/

If you can't figure out my toon names from seeing me around then you need your eyes checked
(hint: if I were to list out my toon names you wouldnt see much of a difference between them at first glance ;) only a couple letters are switched around)

But every character in that sig is MINE...

:eek:

Qzipoun
10-03-2007, 02:19 PM

:eek:

Well that's why I'm asking for clarification. As there is two ways one can read your sig, one of them I would know first hand to be false. So i guess I'll just assume it's the other.

M1A1
10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Well that's why I'm asking for clarification. As there is two ways one can read your sig, one of them I would know first hand to be false. So i guess I'll just assume it's the other.

and which is the guild...I'm sorry.

Qzipoun
10-03-2007, 02:23 PM
and which is the guild...I'm sorry.

Lol, you say that AFTER you edited it, added bolding and took out the problematic name :D

MacDaddy89
10-03-2007, 02:25 PM

They are now - about time you edited it.

Palmetto
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM

Which name do you think is wrong?

Qzipoun
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Which name do you think is wrong?

The one that's not on his sig anymore. It was a mixture of poor sig design and lack of straight answer that made it seem as if he was listing a character that was not his. Whether that was his intention or not who knows but it's not there anymore so lets just move on. :)

M1A1
10-03-2007, 02:38 PM
the guild i created for klock WAS Lunatic, but I forgot I changed it to Ultra Violence(I realized this last night), It had nothing to do with you calling me out on something you were mistaken...unless you go and get it right now...I bet I could go and change the guild name BACK to lunatic....so...whatever...

p.s. It has been BOLDED, that was not changed...

p.s.s If you REALLY thought that my characters names were:

Wraeins' Legion
Professionals
Lunatic/Ultra Violence

and NOT

Kehgeld 'Wraein
Hiever 'de Elghinn
Klockwork Orange

I think you might have the problem...

samagee
10-08-2007, 10:56 AM

More intel gives you more skill points to distribute everytime you level up. Plus it helps in other areas as well.

The sword in the hands of a sorc does wonders after we cast flesh to stone or hold monster/person. It means less mana we have to use for the smaller things.

artvan_delet
10-08-2007, 01:25 PM
More intel gives you more skill points to distribute everytime you level up. Plus it helps in other areas as well.

The sword in the hands of a sorc does wonders after we cast flesh to stone or hold monster/person. It means less mana we have to use for the smaller things.

Given the difficulty in obtaining a +3 tome, a cleric keeping the +3 tome over giving it to a wizard is foolish. I agree a person has every right to keep the tome, but that doesn't mean it makes any sense to me. Skill points-makes some sense. SOS because a sorc wants to whack away with 10 strength on a flesh to stone monster- doesn't pass the smell test.

Dexxaan
10-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Given the difficulty in obtaining a +3 tome, a cleric keeping the +3 tome over giving it to a wizard is foolish. I agree a person has every right to keep the tome, but that doesn't mean it makes any sense to me. Skill points-makes some sense. SOS because a sorc wants to whack away with 10 strength on a flesh to stone monster- doesn't pass the smell test.

Are we still discussing in this blatant display of I own, I deserve so screw you guys I'll shove this loot wherever I want thread?

And to all who just read this for the 1st time....please read back if you want my input and the sole-utions available.

And I agree the smell test fails by far. :eek:

AEschyl
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM

which is precisely why i raid with my guild exclusively.

if i were a cleric and was awarded a +3 int tome in the chest, i'd give it to the wizard in a heart beat.

if the wizard in the group was someone i'd never met before.. and there were no guildies in the pug that could use it more than i.. well then i just got one more skill point per level from here on out.

that's not to say i'm rude to strangers, it simply means that this is a game, and that's my reward for taking my real-life time to get raid ready and to execute the raid.

my reasoning for treating guildies differently than puggers is because that person is a friend, and therefore i would like to see their characters progress just as much as i'd like to progress my own.

but hey, i'm not everyone.

Palmetto
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Out of roughly 10 raids since the change we have not had a single person leave the group or have anything negative to say when it was stated that any raid loot with your name next to it is YOURS to do with as you please.

I wonder why that is? Probably because I don't make it a habit of running with fools. Or it could be that those types are in the minority and just happen to be whining loudest at the moment.

And no, these were not guild only raids. ;)

TheDoctor
10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
I thought you were, heard you were, wanted you dead...lol!

AEschyl
10-08-2007, 05:33 PM

yeah, whiteknight is back too :p

...and thorhm

Hadrian
10-08-2007, 07:14 PM
You would have thought giving each person their own random loot from the chests would have solved problems like this.

The SoS is a really nice sword if you have a gigantic strength score, but it's not worth all of this.

M1A1
10-08-2007, 07:15 PM

There can be only one!

:)

M1A1
10-08-2007, 07:16 PM
yeah, whiteknight is back too :p

...and thorhm

...I'm good.