PDA

View Full Version : Human female idle stance sucks

Lillitheris
09-29-2007, 06:35 AM
When human women stand idle, they look like a burly sergeant had just shouted "Atten-tion!".

Please revert back to the old - dare I say; attractive - style.

Thanks.

Mad_Bombardier
09-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Sadly, this is another change that was noted, reported, and decried on Risia. :( And sadly, player pleas were ignored. :mad: Maybe now that the change is live, enough people will complain so that they change it.

Okita
09-29-2007, 03:32 PM
I just logged on a lvl 1 human i rolled to see this...
and wow, it is bad (why would they waste time changing it?)

I run around then it looks like I forcefully shove my arms down...

Riddikulus
09-29-2007, 04:13 PM
That's nothing... try running around with a halfling. Talk about pathetic.

Battery
09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
/signed

change it back

issiana
09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
I just logged on a lvl 1 human i rolled to see this...
and wow, it is bad (why would they waste time changing it?)

I run around then it looks like I forcefully shove my arms down...

sadly this sort of thing happens a lot in lotro as well. the female elf has being "shafted" several times over there with stealth annimation changes. looks like it might be a turbine thing to do little "tweaks" to annimations

Plse devs. bring back the old annimations that we all liked :)

KaKa
09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I completely 100% agree, I hate how my chracter stands still now.

I was even the person who made the risia feedback post on it and had a picture comparison and everything. No one important responded so we can assume they like wasting time making model changes to players instead of making new monsters.

Erinyes
09-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I agree, new stance for human females is yuck.

jaitee
09-29-2007, 06:49 PM
agreed, it is disturbing to see them stand like a statue.......

lostinjapan
09-29-2007, 07:08 PM
lol

I didn't play on Risia so didn't know about this stealth change, but have remarked several times to my guildmate that I hate the way my humans stand now...looks like they got a stick shoved up their....

PLEASE change it back. And fix /dance...they look like drunken geeks.

Trilby
10-02-2007, 08:51 AM
I know, my wizard stands like a bean pole now. She used to be so pretty...

Missing_Minds
10-02-2007, 08:58 AM
That's nothing... try running around with a halfling. Talk about pathetic.

So they did change things and I wasn't imagining it. The first thing I noticed was that the halfling jump changed. Now it so reminds me of CoH.

In_Like_Flynn
10-02-2007, 09:33 AM
It's probably a more efficient model. If the gang on LotRO or AoC have good code reusable in DDO, we all benefit.

Even those stiff human women.

Eternox_Eve
10-02-2007, 09:40 AM
I would much rather see my toon stand like Nell from Bleach... :D These toons are not FPS throw aways their animation should reflect that.

HumanJHawkins
10-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I hate the way my humans stand now...looks like they got a stick shoved up their....
There is a pattern of changes that appears to be trying to appease ultra-conservatives or something... It's like someone complained that the human female was too sexy, so they tried to make her uglier. Maybe if we play along and respond with "Now she looks like she is being sexually abused with a stick, so please put her back!", it just might work.

Did you notice that the captive at the end of sewer rescue is not tied up anymore... It is okay to kill people left and right, but heaven forbid that a kidnap victim be tied up... That sounds like a vague reference to bondage... Gotta change it.

Let's all start a petition to get rid of all the female zombies... You know, since zombies have clothes that are rotting off, it might get the necrophiliacs excited. Gotta change it. :eek:

VirieSquichie
10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Did you notice that the captive at the end of sewer rescue is not tied up anymore... It is okay to kill people left and right, but heaven forbid that a kidnap victim be tied up... That sounds like a vague reference to bondage... Gotta change it.

I HAD just noticed that, and was wondering when it had been changed.

Used to be "untie Arissa" and now it's "help Arissa"...

DoctorWhofan
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
YOu can have the girl's poise back, ifthey do something about the human male's run! He looks like he has a wad in his pants! And the dancing!! What's up with that?

Yeah, I'm a girl, I'm intitled to have sexy male poises, too!:D

issiana
10-04-2007, 01:22 AM
haha, i dont play human males for those exact reasons. they run like apes dragging there hands on the ground and ...

well...

the dance proves that they are apes! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

GlassCannon
10-04-2007, 02:49 AM
I don't play males(except dwarves and WF, who actually look like they should) because they are 1) Large and obstructing to the view area and 2) FUgly.

I don't like watching a guy's backside(or back, period) moving around in my face when I am playing. Also, if Drow Males are supposed to be Charismatic, why are they so freakin' ugly?

wundernewb
10-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Hitler was very charismatic :D

Mad_Bombardier
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM

Used to be "untie Arissa" and now it's "help Arissa"...Please tell me you're joking.

Lillitheris
10-04-2007, 11:13 AM

Used to be "untie Arissa" and now it's "help Arissa"...

Words fail me..

Zenako
10-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Please tell me you're joking.

Nope, was running a lowbie last night and thats the way it is now....

Help her....dang it, if she ain't tied up she should be able to help herself doncha think!...grrrrr.

Mad_Bombardier
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Nope, was running a lowbie last night and thats the way it is now....

Help her....dang it, if she ain't tied up she should be able to help herself doncha think!...grrrrr.Next, I expect Charlotte the Scarlet and Madame Fiona to be removed from the game. Then, big red As automatically placed on anyone running in their skivvies for extended periods of time. :mad:

Hey Devs, the Victorians called. They want their cloistered "sensibilities" back.

Yvonne_Blacksword
10-04-2007, 01:03 PM
big...A...funny...
Make humans cuter...relax the girls stance.

Make the guys less road weary looking and less lumbering...

Yes please..

Arent elf males supposed to be cute..?

Like Legolas?

Like a beautiful elf female without the womanly curves...
Like they werent just run over by a donkey cart?
one hundred times?

<dreams of hottie foriegn actors>
/drool

I'm back...

LordDamax
10-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, this is a pretty stupid change. I wish I had some constructive cricism to add, but, um, this sucks, and put it back? Thats about the best I can do.

I have a time machine, heres a screenshot of the Mod 6 human female stance:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7808/screenshot00038bq4.jpg

DoctorWhofan
10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah, this is a pretty stupid change. I wish I had some constructive cricism to add, but, um, this sucks, and put it back? Thats about the best I can do.

I have a time machine, heres a screenshot of the Mod 6 human female stance:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7808/screenshot00038bq4.jpg

LOL!!

And how about all those cod pieces???

Legolas....dreamy...yum yum!:p

transtemporal
10-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Let's all start a petition to get rid of all the female zombies... You know, since zombies have clothes that are rotting off, it might get the necrophiliacs excited. Gotta change it. :eek:

I agree. I was so offended by the way Beholders look like huge testicles that I had to have counselling for a month. We should definitely take them out.

On a serious note, it would be really cool to be able to control the height and weight of your toon (within reason). Then I could have a big dwarf named cartman. Sweeet.

lostinjapan
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I agree. I was so offended by the way Beholders look like huge testicles that I had to have counselling for a month. We should definitely take them out.

On a serious note, it would be really cool to be able to control the height and weight of your toon (within reason). Then I could have a big dwarf named cartman. Sweeet.

LMAO. :D

I have to say...I seriously hope the devs are reading this thread.

We don't like the new human female idle stance.
We don't like how fugly the male elves/drow are.
We don't like the way human males run.
Some of the dances are truly pathetic. Human female dance (not dance2) and halfling dance for instance.

Hope I got everything. Basically stop making stealth (unannounced) animation changes to our characters without at least asking us what we like/don't like.

And as a side note, hostages are typically tied up or restrained in some way - this has nothing to do with (sex) bondage so stop being so retentive and PUT ARISSA BACK IN KNOTS!

issiana
10-04-2007, 09:20 PM
yes the male elf/drow are quite ugly to. its a pity they aren't the charasmatic good lookers that elves are supposed to be.

issiana
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
oh and arissa fine the way she is, if she wants "help" then i'm sure i can find a nice quite spot in that dungeon to "help" her out :D after all i dont have to worry about those pesky rops/chains getting in the way now :eek: :cool:

St3vieb
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
I can't comment on Risia (havent got the client installed), but has anyone noticed that the human male will run with one animation (the original animation) and then when u swing a weapon he changes to the trot, before changing back to the original run animation?

Shima-ra
01-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Why is it always changing.
I liked the hipe-side-tip.