PDA

View Full Version : Need your help! Dragon armor not repairing?

Silthe
09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
So we've gotten an unpleasant number of reports that people are having trouble repairing their dragonscale armor. It doesn't seem to matter what type or color armor as we've gotten scattered reports of just about every combination.

The problem is we absolutely have been unable to reproduce this on any of our test servers. The number of reports we've gotten clearly indicate that it's not a fluke, but it's not consistant either or we'd be getting a LOT more reports from people.

So, what I need is more information form people having the problem. I'm not even sure what information is likely to be relevant but here's a short list of where to start:

Have you ever repaired the armor before?
Have you ever gotten a second suit of dragon armor with that character?
Have you ever reset the quest through the Quest panel?
What quests have you completed in the Gianthold Tor?
Have you killed any of the dragons in the Gianthold?

I'll add more questions as I think of things that might be related. Just post your answers here so we can compare and discuss.

~Silthe

Recovery
09-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I think a lot has to do with the fact that once you get the armor the dragonscale quest is complete. Thus it is repairable.

If you take the quest from him again, he will not repair the armor cause he has just given you the quest to get the scales again.

To fix this go into your quest panel and abandon the quest he just gave you, thus reseting him back to new quest status and the repair option should be available again. This is for all three dragonscale smiths.

Hope that helps.

Spookydodger
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Good thinking, Fubar. If this is indeed the culprit, then you have just saved them a ton of work.

Webfoot337
09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
I have had this issue:

First time repairing
No
No
All on elite
Yes

Details:

White Leather Dragonscale at 95/104 - repaired with 5 relics. It worked fine and armor showed 104/104- logged out of that toon and went to others - when I came back to that toon it was back at 95/104. Repaired it again and logged out several times and it has stayed at 104. It also seems to be taking damage at a must faster rate than before - in 1.5 months of everyday play it had only taken that 9 points of dmg - one run through Orchard today checking for named mobs and it took 7 points dmg.

Theboz
09-28-2007, 09:51 PM
After I saw this thread I logged in to repair my white robe. It was at 20 of 83, I repaired it with no troubles.

If you get the quest again, it will not let you repair it, I had this happend before and I had to remove the quest.

Silthe
09-28-2007, 11:58 PM
That's really odd since in our testing, getting the quest again didn't take away the option to repair it.

Did abandoning the quest help anyone who has seen this problem?

~Silthe

ArkoHighStar
09-29-2007, 01:37 AM
first time repairing blue scale armor, armec had repeat circle above head no issues

Alexander_Illusioni
09-29-2007, 10:14 AM
I noticed increased damage as well on my white robe. Could be a coinsidence, but one quest (the Tomb of the Blighted) the robe went from 54 down to 23. That hurts! Hate having to spend a lot of playing time devoted to just repairing the robe. :mad:

Charlemange
09-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I suspect that it is this... They tell him to repair, but don't click on the armor to select it to be repaired, just hit the repair button. THEN close the window. I know I did it, but I figured out what I did pretty quickly. I assumed, wrongly, that just using the dialogue tree would repair it.

The thing is, even if you don't repair your armor, the relics are taken.

Is there a way to look and see if that's what they're doing?

Charlemange

Solstice
09-29-2007, 12:23 PM
That's really odd since in our testing, getting the quest again didn't take away the option to repair it.

Did abandoning the quest help anyone who has seen this problem?
~Silthe

abandoning the quest and pick again make works good ... not test before the mod. 5

Asal
09-30-2007, 12:43 PM
1 never repair before
2 No second armor
3 reset the quest to see if would fix the no repair bug did not work
4 all of them before MOD 5
5 yes many times

Tried the various suggestion and no luck so far.

tihocan
10-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Can't you devs just inspect the characters who have this bug and see if you can find a common pattern, instead of trying to reproduce it?

Asal
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Any update on this?

sbatr
10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
repaired several times with no problem.
only 1 set.
havent reset quest.
all gianthold quests.
dont know if i killed any or not,but our parties killed them all several times

Orynn
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I noticed increased damage as well on my white robe. Could be a coinsidence, but one quest (the Tomb of the Blighted) the robe went from 54 down to 23. That hurts! Hate having to spend a lot of playing time devoted to just repairing the robe. :mad:

Tomb of the blighted... that the one with the holy water fountains?

If so, that's the problem. All of those slimes/oozes nuke your gear hardcore.
I've never had to repair any of my bows on my ranger and after that run I had to repair nearly everything I was wearing...

Rhadamathys
10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
why is the robe 'cloth' and the armor 'steel'?

shouldn't dragon armor/robe be 'dragon'? shouldn't the hardness be up there near adamantine? This baffles me....

Or is it that the mastersmiths are just like seedy jewlers...you go in with a nice diamond ring and come out with a different, crappier diamond...

MTG
10-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Well i have all three and i waited until the mod went live, and i didn't have the problem.

1. no
2. yes but not the same type
3. no
4. all on elite
5. all of them

Asal
10-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Any chance this will be fixed in Mondays Hotfix?

Silthe
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Just wanted to pop in here and say I haven't forgotten about this. This seriously has us stumped in QA, but we're still looking at it. The hope is that if we can figure out what's causing it, we'll be able to figure out how CS might be able to help you (rather than wait for another update).

Either way, I'll let you know as soon as we figure anything out. In the meantime, if you have this problem, post here with your character and server name. That'll let us take a look at each character and try to find a pattern. We've been doing that so far, but more data samples can only help.

~Silthe

lethal413
10-19-2007, 02:38 PM
you should repair the raid loot system that needs some quality love.

AEschyl
10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Have you ever repaired the armor before?
Have you ever gotten a second suit of dragon armor with that character?
Have you ever reset the quest through the Quest panel?
What quests have you completed in the Gianthold Tor?
Have you killed any of the dragons in the Gianthold?

1. yes
2. no
3. yes
4. all of them - mulitple times
5. all of them - multiple times

Recovery
10-19-2007, 03:46 PM

I think you have the wrong thread. Raid loot complaints are in another thread.

lenric
10-19-2007, 04:36 PM

off topicness isn't going to help their dragon armor issue and the raid loot is doing just fine.

Missing_Minds
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Just wanted to pop in here and say I haven't forgotten about this. This seriously has us stumped in QA, but we're still looking at it. The hope is that if we can figure out what's causing it, we'll be able to figure out how CS might be able to help you (rather than wait for another update).

Either way, I'll let you know as soon as we figure anything out. In the meantime, if you have this problem, post here with your character and server name. That'll let us take a look at each character and try to find a pattern. We've been doing that so far, but more data samples can only help.

~Silthe

I'll have to call you on that one. We can't send in ANY bug reports right now. You've got the form borked. it keeps asking for the severtity of the bug. A field we can NOT fill in because it does not exist for us.

PhoenixFire31
10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I'll have to call you on that one. We can't send in ANY bug reports right now. You've got the form borked. it keeps asking for the severtity of the bug. A field we can NOT fill in because it does not exist for us.

He isn't asking for a bug report...he is asking you to post the info in THIS thread...

stockwizard5
10-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Just wanted to pop in here and say I haven't forgotten about this. This seriously has us stumped in QA, but we're still looking at it. The hope is that if we can figure out what's causing it, we'll be able to figure out how CS might be able to help you (rather than wait for another update). ~Silthe

Put simply - if you reset the quest the option to repair the armor becomes unavailable. This has happened to every guildy that reset the quest on any armor color. At a minimum - all were giant raid ready. Customer support has been contacted multiple times.

The fix has always been to abondon the quest and then the repair option returns.

I am amazed you are "stumped" but brings up an old question - why are there no devs/QA who have leveled characters on the live servers?

The ranged auto-attack (no roll), chasing monsters (no roll unless ahead of said baddy), and many others that appear to be "hard to reproduce" are not so (as they happen always) on the live servers?

Edwindurock
10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Can't you devs just inspect the characters who have this bug and see if you can find a common pattern, instead of trying to reproduce it?

The problem with that idea tihocan is that you are talking about at bare minimum THOUSANDS of lines of code per character per day. and thats if they only log in look at their screen and see they have no mail and log off for the day. now for one person who is walking around....holding conversations.....going from npc to npc your talking near millions. and then we dont know how many people......sadly no it would be far easier for them to attempt to reproduce it than go through that much code.

Idea thuogh. i admit i do not have a character high enough for the dragon scale armor but are they only repairable at the one that gave you the quest for THAT armor? ive seen on this thread there are multiple people who give out the quest.....perhaps repair is specific to that npc?

Silthe
10-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Put simply - if you reset the quest the option to repair the armor becomes unavailable. This has happened to every guildy that reset the quest on any armor color. At a minimum - all were giant raid ready. Customer support has been contacted multiple times.

The fix has always been to abondon the quest and then the repair option returns.

I am amazed you are "stumped" but brings up an old question - why are there no devs/QA who have leveled characters on the live servers?

The ranged auto-attack (no roll), chasing monsters (no roll unless ahead of said baddy), and many others that appear to be "hard to reproduce" are not so (as they happen always) on the live servers?

We're amazed that it seems so simple to reproduce to you. We've done the same thing you just outlined and have never lost the option to repair the armor. We get the armor by completing the armor quest. We reset the quest. We then talk to the same armor NPC and have the option to repair. So there needs to be something else going on that you're not saying, probably because it doesn't seem significant. That's what we're trying to figure out. What are you doing that we're not?

Who said there were no devs and QA types that have leveled characters on live? Keep in mind though that we think about DDO all day. How much of your leisure time do you spend staring at your work? Even so, I still play two or three times a week.

As far as the other bugs you mentioned, who said they were hard to reproduce? Those are hard to address, not reproduce.

To answer Edwinrock, yes, the NPC's are all armor specific. You have to repair it at the same NPC you got it from.

~Silthe

Aspenor
10-24-2007, 10:40 AM
You people that can't repair your armor, have you all completed all three dragons of the Tor on that character? Is it possible that assigning over traded scales to a character that's never completed the Tor quest makes the armor quest bug? just a thought. I dont have any dragon armor, and I don't want any.

bigal4458
10-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Perhaps there is a difference between "resetting" a quest and "abandoning" the quest from the quest log. This my play a part. Personally, I have reset the quest before and am still able to repair my armor.