PDA

View Full Version : Loss of favor bug- anyone else seen this?

Newtons_Apple
09-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Here is the text of a bug I reported to Turbine earlier this morning:

When I logged off in the Everful Flagon on Wednesday September 26, around 6:45pm est, I had 1684 favor points. When I logged back in after the update on thursday, I was down to 1669. Also, my agents of argonesson favor was above 150, and now it is 148. I remember receiving the argo favor, and I can prove it seeing as I still have the draconic feat as well as the 10 extra hp's granted to me.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I wanted to ask the community seeing as the Devs are probably busy curing their dungeons of Muckitis.

Dynar
09-28-2007, 05:49 AM
My favor has dropped down from about 2312 to 2281.

Targonis
09-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Take a look and see if some quests are missing from the list. When a new module comes out, it seems that some quests "fall off the list", which is why you seem to have lost favor. You SHOULD still have credit for all the stuff you have done, it's just not reflected on the display.

I would guess that once this bug has been looked at, the missing quest(s) will be put back into the list and the display will show properly. I would not worry about "not getting credit" at this point.

Vi'Aed
09-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Maybe it has something to do with teh quests that have been temporarily shut down due to the much issue. Are those still on your list?

Spikke
09-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Gianthold favor was reduced along with the XP.

Mad_Bombardier
09-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Gianthold favor was reduced along with the XP.:eek: Was that in the Release Notes, or are you suggesting, or are you joking?

Cinwulf
09-28-2007, 09:34 AM
I lost favor as well.

Spikke
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
:eek: Was that in the Release Notes, or are you suggesting, or are you joking?

It says in the release notes
"The experience values of the dungeons in Gianthold have been re-balanced."

At first glance... you'd think XP has been rebalanced in Gianthold and it has. But if you take a general view of the experience *values* (not experience points) to include favor, then they did rebalance the favor as well.

But yes... I experienced the reduction as well. But only a developer or Quarion can explain their intent. Bug = not intended.

Xirxx
09-28-2007, 09:54 AM
For Example - PoP elite is now 18.

Zenako
09-28-2007, 10:29 AM
YUp most of the loss (possibly all) was in Giant Hold. The base Favor for most of the quests appears to be dropped by a point. So what had been an 8 point Normal Favor run is now 7 points, meaning that 24 points Elite is now 21 point. With about 10 quests out there, that is about a 30 point drop which I what I have seen so far.

What will be interesting is that at least one toon went from over 150 to under 150 favor during this rebalance. Once they get the favor back up, will the 150 boon trigger a second time??? for another +10 HP...grin.

Not sure the Favor should have been retroactively rebalanced like that, since it will be causing some problems. Kinda like if they went back and took away experience from all those people who ran GH runs at the higher EXP award levels. Sorry, you are not really 14th level, but really just 13.2 since some of the EXP you got was not appropriate. Taking away favor earned is annoying and might lead to some interesting coding conflicts as certain thresholds get passed a second time...not that my Cleric would not be happy to get a second 10 HP boost.

WilbyZ
09-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Most of the GH quests have been drop to 6 (base Normal) favours each from their previous 7 or 8 favours.

Newtons_Apple
09-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the help- now I understand. I had seen the release notes concerning xp in Gianthold, but I didn't think the reduction applied to favor.

muffinlad
09-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Agree....neither did I.

While it may be correct, saying that you Re-balanced experience, and having that apply to Favor is tenuous at best from the wording used.

muffinstranger.

Osharan_Tregarth
09-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the help- now I understand. I had seen the release notes concerning xp in Gianthold, but I didn't think the reduction applied to favor.

Heh... Don't worry.. I'm not sure anyone actually knows if this was intended or not. We'll have to see what happens in the next week or so.