PDA

View Full Version : Friends list suggestion

Trivilus
09-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Dont know if this has been brought up before or not but I personally would like to see something like the following:)

Could you please add some options into the friends list such as:

1. Maybe a tab for each name so that you can put all of their alts names with them. I would love to be able to just look at one of my friends then hit a tab and see all their alts and look for them that way.

2. Let us put notes on our friends list so we can actually remember why they are there. I have had friends that quit for a long time then all the sudden are back and I personally dont remember them anymore, but they were important enough to put on my friends list at one time.

I am sure there are more cool options that could be implemented but those 2 alone would help me and im sure others out with keeping track of our friends, and with those things you could keep track of your non friends also:)

Feel free to add more of your own. Flame if ya want, these are just my thoughts:)

steelblade
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
i would love that.....

Mark_G
09-27-2007, 08:35 AM
I really like both of your suggestions.

Coldin
09-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Dont know if this has been brought up before or not but I personally would like to see something like the following:)

Could you please add some options into the friends list such as:

1. Maybe a tab for each name so that you can put all of their alts names with them. I would love to be able to just look at one of my friends then hit a tab and see all their alts and look for them that way.

2. Let us put notes on our friends list so we can actually remember why they are there. I have had friends that quit for a long time then all the sudden are back and I personally dont remember them anymore, but they were important enough to put on my friends list at one time.

I am sure there are more cool options that could be implemented but those 2 alone would help me and im sure others out with keeping track of our friends, and with those things you could keep track of your non friends also:)

Feel free to add more of your own. Flame if ya want, these are just my thoughts:)

Actually, we can already put notes, or comments, besides people on our friends list. Just go to friends panel, select a name, then down at the bottom there's a little field to add in comments. You can even export the comments to your other friends lists.

I like your tabs idea, but it would make a bit more sense as a folder. We could create a folder named how we choose, then just drag any friends that are relevant into the folder. Then you could open/close the folder to see those names. That way you could group alts together of one character, or group names of some guild together. Overall I like the general idea though.

Borror0
09-27-2007, 09:10 AM
I like your tabs idea, but it would make a bit more sense as a folder. We could create a folder named how we choose, then just drag any friends that are relevant into the folder. Then you could open/close the folder to see those names. That way you could group alts together of one character, or group names of some guild together. Overall I like the general idea though.

/signed

I was about to say something like that, but glad you said it Coldin. ;)

Solstyse
09-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I would also like to see an extra tab that shows you what zone/instance they are in.

Coldin
09-27-2007, 09:17 AM
/signed

I was about to say something like that, but glad you said it Coldin. ;)

Thanks, I think... :)

I just think programming in folders would be much easier for the developers than a tabbing system.

kailus
09-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Lets start with make it work. Last few times I was on I was chatting with Friends who showed as offline on my friends list.

Nice to see old bugs rear their ugly heads.

Coldin
09-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Lets start with make it work. Last few times I was on I was chatting with Friends who showed as offline on my friends list.

Nice to see old bugs rear their ugly heads.

They were probably anonymous. Anonymous people will show up as offline in your friends list.

Borror0
09-27-2007, 09:30 AM
They were probably anonymous. Anonymous people will show up as offline in your friends list.

Nope, sometimes I'm on my Intimitank guildmates say I do not apear online: I never was anon on my tank.

Thanks, I think... :)

I just think programming in folders would be much easier for the developers than a tabbing system.

And easier/better for customisation. :)

Coldin
09-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Nope, sometimes I'm on my Intimitank guildmates say I do not apear online: I never was anon on my tank.

Funny, the friends' list always seems to work fine enough for me. Bug report it I guess.

Borror0
09-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Funny, the friends' list always seems to work fine enough for me. Bug report it I guess.

That's what we we do... sometimes. ;)

Trivilus
09-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks Coldin didnt know that there was an option already:) I pretty much made the thread cause i didnt remember seeing one and thought of a few ideas that could help the friends list.

Hope more people add to the list and maybe the devs will add them in a future update.