PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion , more character slots

Twotribes
09-26-2007, 05:23 PM
I would pay to keep my extra slots from the merger. Just a suggestion.

Drider
09-26-2007, 05:57 PM

You can keep them.. just don't plan on making new ones if you delete them. ;)

Gadget2775
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM

All you have to do to keep your current slots while still being able to create more characters is purchase and pay for an additional account. The new account won't have the favor unlocked, but it still provides you with additional slots.

JelloMold
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't understand the attraction of having 2 accounts (other than further geeking out several toons). Why don't you just make new guys on another server? You still have to earn the favor. You still have to log out of the game and back in again with the new account. What's the benefit?

greystone306
09-26-2007, 07:00 PM

I'm sure they can make out a deal maybe for an extra $500 a month LOL

Gadget2775
09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't understand the attraction of having 2 accounts (other than further geeking out several toons). Why don't you just make new guys on another server? You still have to earn the favor. You still have to log out of the game and back in again with the new account. What's the benefit?

Creating a second account allows you to access all of the goodies you have on your first account. Tome, weapons, armor and cash...All just waiting to be passed to your new characters. Moving to a new server means giving up all of the shiny toys you worked so hard to acquire.

JelloMold
09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Creating a second account allows you to access all of the goodies you have on your first account. Tome, weapons, armor and cash...All just waiting to be passed to your new characters. Moving to a new server means giving up all of the shiny toys you worked so hard to acquire.

I'm not a hardcore twinker (I've just recently started to succumb). Isn't twinking between 6 toons enough? I guess I'm the odd man here. When I start getting tempted to share the wealth, I hop to another server.

Oh well, to each his own.

William_the_Bat
09-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm a perpetual reroller, I like the first few levels far more than the obnoxious stretch trying to get high enough level to party with the big boys then you do nothing but zerg loot runs. Low levels are far more interesting in my book.

So... once all my characters are over level 4, I have to agonize over which to delete to try out that halfling finesse battle bard I've always wanted.

Vinos
09-26-2007, 07:42 PM
I thought we were getting some more slots with MOD 5.

Impaqt
09-26-2007, 07:46 PM
We're getting up to 2 more slots tomorrow....

Which is still woefully inadequet for folks that did have characters on several servers.

Or powergamers who have multiple capped characters...

I also would be happy to fork over some extra dough for some more character slots.....

Cheg
09-27-2007, 02:30 AM
So if $15 a month is paying for 8 character slots, they are $1.87 each, per month.

Who would pay $1 a month more, for each individual character?

You see the rich guy paying $45 a month because he plays 24/7 and wants 38 more toons.
You see the normal guy saying ehhh, i'm happy with $15 and 8 toons.

GlassCannon
09-27-2007, 04:11 AM
I have had 9 slots since Module 3 and already have run out of room!:eek:

I think moving some characters around via Premium Services is in order, but at the moment I can't afford it yet.:(

7 capped chars. One lvl 6, another slot for a rogue I keep killing(or a wizard).

Blarg.

I play after work to forget how much I hate it.

lostinjapan
09-27-2007, 05:32 AM
I don't understand the attraction of having 2 accounts (other than further geeking out several toons). You still have to log out of the game and back in again with the new account.

Not if you have 2 computers. :D

Spookydodger
09-28-2007, 07:16 PM
I think that the ability to make more characters can only benefit the game's popularity. The more experimentation, the more interest. Additionally, the less twinked individual characters get as they have to borrow from a relatively finite pool: the player's time and energy to gather xp/items/favor.

I thought the way it accidentally was implemented was great. Earn 1750, get another character slot. Do it again, earn another, ad infinitum. Great time-sink that gave you a cycle that was at least mostly enjoyable to repeat.

Darn shame.