PDA

View Full Version : Lore items question

redoubt
09-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I've seen several people talk about getting the scale robe or a queen item so they can get rid of the other lore items. Maybe I'm confusing two bonuses, but I thought we have superior lore items individually. Won't the robe and greenblade(?) be a step down?

Aspenor
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I've seen several people talk about getting the scale robe or a queen item so they can get rid of the other lore items. Maybe I'm confusing two bonuses, but I thought we have superior lore items individually. Won't the robe and greenblade(?) be a step down?

Yes it is a step down. I don't use arcane lore for anything except disintegrate, and I actually vendored my green blade because I never actually used it. Superior all the way.

Oran_Lathor
09-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, the robe/greenblade are a step down from a superior lore item. They offer the same crit chance, but .25% less in terms of dmg modification. That said, they're nice for freeing up weapon sets and whatnot. Personally I still carry my superior fire and ice lore items and rely on the robe for my acid/lightning spell crits (and disintegrate).

MrCow
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Play style may come into the equation as well. I can tell you that if I had a version of arcane lore on an item I'd probably use it over the "Superior" variant. But, I am a Warforged and switching between a fire lore item and a repair lore item to heal myself often isn't a worthwhile option when in mid battle. When I need to heal myself I need it done right then. :D

Keylon
03-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Play style may come into the equation as well. I can tell you that if I had a version of arcane lore on an item I'd probably use it over the "Superior" variant. But, I am a Warforged and switching between a fire lore item and a repair lore item to heal myself often isn't a worthwhile option when in mid battle. When I need to heal myself I need it done right then. :D

Agreed, superior lore is nice but it has its down sides. I'm a wf too and I use an usupressed light and darkness and a greensteel weapon in my main hand for +2 int, a blue dragonscale docent would really save me a lot of trouble when it comes to casting spells

Aspenor
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Agreed, superior lore is nice but it has its down sides. I'm a wf too and I use an usupressed light and darkness and a greensteel weapon in my main hand for +2 int, a blue dragonscale docent would really save me a lot of trouble when it comes to casting spells

Nice three and a half year necro. :eek:

http://gameinformer.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/3005.Thread_5F00_Necromancy.jpg

stille_nacht
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah, the robe/greenblade are a step down from a superior lore item. They offer the same crit chance, but .25% less in terms of dmg modification. That said, they're nice for freeing up weapon sets and whatnot. Personally I still carry my superior fire and ice lore items and rely on the robe for my acid/lightning spell crits (and disintegrate).

not if you are wearing an Archmage set 8D

oh, looky, this is a necroed thread...