PDA

View Full Version : if Sup 2WF @16th, what will the bow feat be?

tc12
09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
So there's a lot of speculation about a superior 2WF that could be implemented at level 16. But with each free Ranger 2WF class feat there's always a corresponding bow feat. Has there been discussion to what this might be? I don't really follow the dev forums, so wondering if anyone here in the ranger board has any guess, informed or just creatively speculated.

TC

Borror0
09-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, the rangers don't get that feat in PnP, so they might not get it. However, that would be poor design.

I'd say they'll remove the cooldown on manyshot and give Superior Two-Weapon Fighting. They will also fix the speed to make it as lnog as a normal sword and board round and range attack's rate of fire.:rolleyes:

Mad_Bombardier
09-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Manyshot will increase to 4 arrows at BAB+16. But, that's not a new feat; just fulfillment of an old one.

My hope is that they do not add a 5th attack and corresponding Superior combat style feats at BAB+15. Combat styles are already feat cost intensive and adding more will require a bit too much specialization, IMO.

tc12
09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Well, the rangers don't get that feat in PnP, so they might not get it. However, that would be poor design.

I'd say they'll remove the cooldown on manyshot and give Superior Two-Weapon Fighting. They will also fix the speed to make it as lnog as a normal sword and board round and range attack's rate of fire.:rolleyes:

If you're gonna dream, dream big! LOL

WRT rate of fire it would of course be sweet if they make ranged rangers actually viable, but I don't see why they'd make you wait until your ranger hits 16th to "fix" the class then only via the class ability granted at that level.

But an "improved manyshot" would make sense. Instead of adding arrows reducing/removing the cooldown is actually both fair and matches PnP. I mean fighters get to use PA as a stance not a timer/cooldown, manyshot really was meant to work more that way in PnP.

Really even rapid shot should work that way. A stance that gives you the increased attack speed but with the -2 hit penalty. Then you have your choice of speed vs. accuracy as the situation warrants.

Oh well, I keep hoping they'll take the time to fix rangers one of these mods, but it seems a low priority to them.

Mad_Bombardier
09-25-2007, 11:39 AM
WRT rate of fire it would of course be sweet if they make ranged rangers actually viable, but I don't see why they'd make you wait until your ranger hits 16th to "fix" the class then only via the class ability granted at that level.One of the reasons Ranged combat is broken in DDO is that melee attacks per round (animation) is on an advanced "attacks per BAB scale". But, Manyshot uses PnP's slower "attacks per BAB scale". If ranged combat followed the same scale as melee, we'd have 4 arrows with Manyshot at BAB+10.

(The same holds true for TWF feats. Each TWF feat is 1 BAB above when you get additional attacks, slowing the TWF attacks progression. We get another main hand attacks, then don't get the offhand attack from TWF feat until next level.)