PDA

View Full Version : People dropping like fly's

RuffyPoo
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Im starting to see this more and more. people just dropping off the game of DDO. its sad to see because the game its self is such a fine game. good grafix and good game play. and many good toons on here to play. butttttttttttttttt. you seen this coming. as for the people that do all the work to it to upgrade it need to be gone and people that work for a living should take over. im really sick on EVERYONE getting promised there will be an update on this date. hahahahaha. every sence i played this game not once has there been a update on time. you know what my boss would say if i was late every time i was supose to be there on time. yea i would get fired! and if i did poor/slow work i would also get caned. so how are these guys getting away with this!!!!! we all pay for this game. so why should we pay for some thing that isnt working!?!? we all need to SPEAK OUT in this case. we are getting had. there are so many of our friends leaving this game because no upgrades are being done. yea its fun when you first start the game. many things to do. but when your lvl 14 and get so bored that you have to make other toons then you find yourself with 4 lvl 14s then why...... we shouldnt be bored of a game that does its job. we pay for this game every month. we get promised things we dont get. how long do we have to stay lvl 14 for???? another year or so. or will the game shut down due to the people that work on it....thats what its going to come to. DDO will be no more. im so sick of this and cant take it anymore. any thing that has to do with ddo and company involved i will never buy again thanks to there hard workers. and as for so called good tech support. i seen better in a cab in NY or a 7-11. yea your toon gets stuck. they help. but other then that they give you a website to go to that will take days for a reply. hows that for tech support. are you guys in with dell?????? sure seems like it. there is so much more to type thats wrong with this game its not funny. im not the only person in here that feels that way.
if you ask why am i whining and dont give the game up. well heres why. ive built many friends in here. love to play with them all. and i have many hours playing it. it WAS a very fun game.

please speak out!!!!!! if we dont then DDO will be no longer. look how many people play anymore. sever merge didnt fix it. it made it worse. like that lag? yea me neither...

SPEAK OUT save the game please......

Ninety
09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

sounds like you need to do what I did... take a few months off.

Qzipoun
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

sounds like you need to do what I did... take a few months off.

If everyone does that the game shuts down ;)

If people need to "take a few months off" to enjoy the game, then Turbine has failed.

Ninety
09-24-2007, 10:26 PM
If everyone does that the game shuts down ;)

If people need to "take a few months off" to enjoy the game, then Turbine has failed.

I've been back just over a week... it's taken me that time (not hard core gaming) to take 4 of my used to be capped level 12 characters to level 14.

I recieved 150 favor from the agents on 2 of those characters.
I've ransacked one of my characters in pop,
one character got reaver raid ready, beat the reaver and got multipul scales all in 1 day.

a few months off randomly allows for the new content to catch up with playing time.

edit... my May 06 vs your March 07 means I have probably still played 100x as many gaming hours as you have.

RuffyPoo
09-24-2007, 10:38 PM
edit... my May 06 vs your March 07 means I have probably still played 100x as many gaming hours as you have.

if your talking to me this is my 2nd acount. sry got ya on the hours there by far.

Qzipoun
09-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I've been back just over a week... it's taken me that time (not hard core gaming) to take 4 of my used to be capped level 12 characters to level 14.

I recieved 150 favor from the agents on 2 of those characters.
I've ransacked one of my characters in pop,
one character got reaver raid ready, beat the reaver and got multipul scales all in 1 day.

a few months off randomly allows for the new content to catch up with playing time.

Well, first "march 07" only represents the day I joined the forums and not the game. And I really don't see why you even mention that as it is completely irrelevant to the original post.

Second, you are just supporting my argument. You said that every once in a while it could be a good idea to take a month off as it allows the "content to catch up". That is EXACTLY the problem, the player should not have to wait for content to catch up, THEY should be trying to catch up with the content.

RuffyPoo
09-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, first "march 07" only represents the day I joined the forums and not the game. And I really don't see why you even mention that as it is completely irrelevant to the original post.

Second, you are just supporting my argument. You said that every once in a while it could be a good idea to take a month off as it allows the "content to catch up". That is EXACTLY the problem, the player should not have to wait for content to catch up, THEY should be trying to catch up with the content.

+1 bro 100%
we just need more people to speak out to show we care about the game. and we care how its handled as in the updates.

moonprophet
09-24-2007, 11:02 PM
If you are spending that much time playing the game, I beleive Turbine has succeeded in their objective. Obviously, you enjoy the game. Either that or you are masochistic. Perhpas you should just pace yourself a little more. Go outside. Get some sunshine. Read a book. Limit yourslef to playing only a couple nights a week. ect...

Qzipoun
09-24-2007, 11:07 PM
If you are spending that much time playing the game, I beleive Turbine has succeeded in their objective. Obviously, you enjoy the game. Either that or you are masochistic. Perhpas you should just pace yourself a little more. Go outside. Get some sunshine. Read a book. Limit yourslef to playing only a couple nights a week. ect...

Well there is a flaw in that argument. A lot of people are playing the game and enjoy it but have reached a point where they are sick of the lack of content and are leaving (ie "dropping like fly's"). So Turbine has succeeded in their objective... until very recently when people started to get fed up and leave in mass.

I'm certainly not telling people NOT to take breaks from the game or "go outside", simply saying that a player should not feel they MUST do so in order to enjoy the game.

RuffyPoo
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM

well i am a guild leader. so i log every day trying to get things going in the guild to keep it alive. as for the time neing spent in ddo. as for getting outside and playing on my swingset im 28. cant do that well anymore without getting sick. im 28. i work long hours. i get home. spend about 3-4 hours with the kids and wife till its time for them to go to bed. then i jump on for a few. what can you do at a time so late with a nice family. hmmmmm play a game. why not.......some of us dont enjoy books or other things. we find outself in this other world. and we enjoy friends from other places. so time away from this. not a chance being a leader of a guild. i can and have spent a couple of days away from this. but i love the game. im asking for the creaters to pull there heads off there desks and do there job. you know what you and me pay for.........

Goolann
09-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Im starting to see this more and more. people just dropping off the game of DDO. its sad to see because the game its self is such a fine game. good grafix and good game play. and many good toons on here to play. butttttttttttttttt. you seen this coming. as for the people that do all the work to it to upgrade it need to be gone and people that work for a living should take over. im really sick on EVERYONE getting promised there will be an update on this date. hahahahaha. every sence i played this game not once

Okay, that's all that I can stand to quote. I suspect that you have some important point to make here, but I just can't seem to find it in this jungle of bad grammar, poor spelling and questionable punctuation. When your fourth-grade teacher told you that "the first word of every sentence should be capitalized", that was not just some rule made up to make your life difficult....it is simply a common courtesy to the person trying to read the sentence.

Please attempt to display SOME intelligence in your posts. You may find yourself being taken more seriously.

Svetelana
09-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Okay, that's all that I can stand to quote. I suspect that you have some important point to make here, but I just can't seem to find it in this jungle of bad grammar, poor spelling and questionable punctuation. When your fourth-grade teacher told you that "the first word of every sentence should be capitalized", that was not just some rule made up to make your life difficult....it is simply a common courtesy to the person trying to read the sentence.

Please attempt to display SOME intelligence in your posts. You may find yourself being taken more seriously.

1. While participating in The Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach Community Forums, you must respect the rights of others to participate in the community. To this end you may not harass, defraud, threaten or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members. This includes, but is not limited to:

-Name-calling or other insults
-Posting with the intent of provoking another user or users
-Flaming another user for their spelling or grammar
-Bringing disagreements with someone into unrelated threads

You assume that he has been thru 4th grade :)

Vordax
09-25-2007, 11:39 AM

I can't think of an MMO that would ever fit your requirements. People wait for new content in all MMO's.

Vordax

Qzipoun
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I can't think of an MMO that would ever fit your requirements. People wait for new content in all MMO's.

Vordax

I can't think of an MMO where players have to wait 4 months for new content. (Other than this one of course...)

(My post represents the ideal, DDO is as far from it as possible)

Litz
09-25-2007, 11:49 AM
I find it hard to drop my Fly when I'm wearing a robe. It usually just pops open (peek-a-boo)..

Vordax
09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I can't think of an MMO where players have to wait 4 months for new content. (Other than this one of course...)

(My post represents the ideal, DDO is as far from it as possible)

Most MMO's don't release monthly content to the best of my knowledge, and going and finding 12 piles of boar dung isn't what I would call content either.

Vordax

(hasn't been 4 months either)

Qzipoun
09-25-2007, 11:54 AM
going and finding 12 piles of boar dung isn't what I would call content either.

That's why we're all here ;)

(hasn't been 4 months either)

Hmmm, let's see, Mod 4 was released in late April (23rd comes to mind but unsure). After April comes May(1), then June (2) , then July (3) then August (4) then September (5) ... so yes, it has been 5 months.

Edit: I never forget may, ignore his next post :D

Scalion
09-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Every mmorpg needs some sort of progression to stay alive. It can be done through gear, through level progression, or through enhancement type progression.

Once a player has achieved everything there is to achieve in a game you cannot reasonably expect them to stay.

The only thing preventing everyone from achieving this goal in ddo is the lockout timers on some of 'raid' quests. Many games have lockout timers on a lot of their content, but most games have alternative places to explore while locked out of these areas. That's the biggest problem I see with this game.

I know for a fact there are games with a higher population base in which only a very small percentage of the player base has even seen the most difficult content in the game because it is a challenge to progress your character far enough to be able to manage these areas. You can pretty reasonably achieve everything this game has to offer in a few months and you then must look at either rerolling or doing the same thing over and over for the small chance on an upgrade that you don't really need to accomplish anything the game has to offer.

My accounts been reactivated for a month and a half maybe. In that time I've gotten my old drow up to 1750 and now I'm making the 32 point character I always wanted to try. Once I reach end game and get a chance to experience all of the content on this character I probably won't have reason to stay any longer and will find myself moving on.

Vordax
09-25-2007, 11:56 AM
That's why we're all here ;)

Hmmm, let's see, Mod 4 was released in late April (23rd comes to mind but unsure). After April comes June (1) , then July (2) then August (3) then September (4) ... so yes, it has been 4 months.

You forgot May...

Did you forget about 4.1 and 4.2, try your math again.... 4.2 in July, so August, September... 2 MONTHS.

Vordax

Qzipoun
09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
You forgot May... but apparently your math is as bad as your memory.

Lol... stupid stupid *does ninja edit* Ok then, 5 months.

Did you forget about 4.1 and 4.2, try your math again.... 4.2 in July, so August, September... 2 MONTHS.

Vordax

No I did not forget 4.1 and 4.2. If I have 3 capped lvl 14 characters I don't give a **** about a lvl 4 quest, a level 5-ish explorer area and two lvl 9? quests.
Oh, and don't forget, Waterworks was redone. That's not content, that's a useless waste of time.

On a side note, thanks for insulting both my math and my memory, though you still fail to understand my point. Oh well, I guess some people are just too arrogant to even consider other people's opinions.

Duagrim
09-25-2007, 12:03 PM
People, can we get back on track here? Insults are a distraction from the real point, which is to cry;

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!:eek:

:D

Can we get back to crepe hanging and predicting the end of the game as we know it?

Vordax
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Lol... stupid stupid *does ninja edit* Ok then, 5 months.

No I did not forget 4.1 and 4.2. If I have 3 capped lvl 14 characters I don't give a **** about a lvl 4 quest, a level 5-ish explorer area and two lvl 9? quests.

On a side note, thanks for insulting both my math and my memory, though you still fail to understand my point. Oh well, I guess some people are just too arrogant to even consider other people's opinions.

Just because you don't like the content doesn't mean they didn't release any.

I understand your point entirely, I would love more content. But, I am a little more realistic in my expectations than you. Making content for DDO is not as easy as it is for WOW, adding dung collection quests I am sure doesn't require a lot of work.

A dungeon in DDO is a lot more complex, and because DDO doesn't have 8 million players they have a limit on the resources they can allocate and still make a profit. I think they are doing the best they can with the resources they have.

Vordax

Qzipoun
09-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Just because you don't like the content doesn't mean they didn't release any.

It's not that I do not LIKE the content, it is useless to me as a player. Imagine this situation:

What happens if Turbine releases ONLY level 1 quests for the rest of DDO's life. According to your logic, that would be content.... doesn't quite make sense to me.

If they release a lvl 14 quest and I hate it then that's my problem, if they release a level 4 quest it doesn't matter how good it is.

frederjoe1
09-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Just because you do not benefit from the release of Mod 4.1 and 4.2 is no reason to disregard them as releases. For those running quests in that range and for those with capped toons that are bringing up new ones it was a welcome releif to see some variety in that are of the game.

The developers cannot focus 100% on top end content because the player base is not all capped toons, a little consideration for those of us in the middle would be appreciated instead of the constant I want, I need, me me me gesture that alot of people are portraying on here.

Just my 2cp.

Vordax
09-25-2007, 12:14 PM
It's not that I do not LIKE the content, it is useless to me as a player. Imagine this situation:

What happens if Turbine releases ONLY level 1 quests for the rest of DDO's life. According to your logic, that would be content.... doesn't quite make sense to me.

If they release a lvl 14 quest and I hate it then that's my problem, if they release a level 4 quest it doesn't matter how good it is.

If they decided to make all level 1 content, that would get old quickly. But again... I think they are doing the best they can, and they can't always focus on high level content.

Most of the new content that has been added has been higher level content. All mods so far have been top level content and many of the updates also.

Vordax

Qzipoun
09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
The developers cannot focus 100% on top end content because the player base is not all capped toons

That's a flawed argument.

People with capped lvl 14 toons have NOTHING they can run that is challenging that they have not done before. People with NON-capped toons have TONS of missions to run or they would be already capped.

If you are in the level range of Proof is in the Poison then you have TONS of missions to run, you don't need a new one, we at lvl 14 DO need new quests.

frederjoe1
09-25-2007, 12:26 PM
I did not say that I didn't have a capped toon, as I have two capped as it is. What I am trying to get across here is that I enjoyed the 4.1 and 4.2 updates because it gave me a chance to roll up some new toons and experience the lower level content with a fresh start instead of doing the grind from start to finish in the same old fashion.

The devs are never going to be able to put out content fast enough in order for the content to outpace the PCs so why not spend a little time revamping some lower level content in order to make it a different experience when leveling your toons.

If all you do is focus on the top tier of content then, as with any MMO, you will get bored and eventually quit. Try experiencing all the new lower level stuff in a way that makes it fun for you, I am sure the devs aim was not to completely exclude those with capped toons, but to make the experience of leveling a character from start a more enjoyable experience.

That is the reason I enjoy the lower level releases and why I don't want everyone with capped toons screaming for only top tier content, because with every new toon begins a new adventure, and that adventure should be fun for everyone regardless.

arrrcher
09-25-2007, 12:26 PM
if the op wants to complain that he feels he is not getting his money's worth and wants more for it, its his perogative. if it actually produces results, so much the better.

regardless, he has a point: this game is under resourced (as evidenced by the initial lack of content, the continuing lack of content, and the frequent implementation fiascos). it either never had the player base to generate the necessary income to develop fully, or its been crippled by poor implementation. which is true really doesnt matter at this point.

what does matter to me and my brothers in arms (which is really all I care about) is that this game is by far the most fun a person can have sitting alone in the dark at home for extended periods of time, AND that there isnt enough to do in this game. I applaud Turbine for having the vision to make it happen, but condemn their lack of follow through. the reality is that if all my 15$ monthly buys me is a new quest with the same mobs and items and characters every 2 months, I will be moving on. sorry if that sounds like DOOM. its not, this is just a game.

also, I dont capitalize either. I think its more fun for people to make them hunt for the dot at the end of the sentence.

but I always was one to expect forgiveness rather than beg for permission.

finally, and I say this with the greatest of humility, arguing on the internet is like.... welll... arguing on the internet;)

Xirxx
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Im starting to see this more and more. people just dropping off the game of DDO. its sad to see because the game its self is such a fine game. good grafix and good game play. and many good toons on here to play. butttttttttttttttt. you seen this coming. as for the people that do all the work to it to upgrade it need to be gone and people that work for a living should take over. im really sick on EVERYONE getting promised there will be an update on this date. hahahahaha. every sence i played this game not once has there been a update on time. you know what my boss would say if i was late every time i was supose to be there on time. yea i would get fired! and if i did poor/slow work i would also get caned. so how are these guys getting away with this!!!!! we all pay for this game. so why should we pay for some thing that isnt working!?!? we all need to SPEAK OUT in this case. we are getting had. there are so many of our friends leaving this game because no upgrades are being done. yea its fun when you first start the game. many things to do. but when your lvl 14 and get so bored that you have to make other toons then you find yourself with 4 lvl 14s then why...... we shouldnt be bored of a game that does its job. we pay for this game every month. we get promised things we dont get. how long do we have to stay lvl 14 for???? another year or so. or will the game shut down due to the people that work on it....thats what its going to come to. DDO will be no more. im so sick of this and cant take it anymore. any thing that has to do with ddo and company involved i will never buy again thanks to there hard workers. and as for so called good tech support. i seen better in a cab in NY or a 7-11. yea your toon gets stuck. they help. but other then that they give you a website to go to that will take days for a reply. hows that for tech support. are you guys in with dell?????? sure seems like it. there is so much more to type thats wrong with this game its not funny. im not the only person in here that feels that way.
if you ask why am i whining and dont give the game up. well heres why. ive built many friends in here. love to play with them all. and i have many hours playing it. it WAS a very fun game.

please speak out!!!!!! if we dont then DDO will be no longer. look how many people play anymore. sever merge didnt fix it. it made it worse. like that lag? yea me neither...

SPEAK OUT save the game please......

RuffyPoo needs to learn the Feat: Enter Key :)