PDA

View Full Version : Bards and Dragon Scale items

Ezzee
09-23-2007, 02:02 PM
OK, so, I need to ask y'all some questions really quickly that maybe y'all can help me with.

Are Bardic spells Arcane or Divine?

Would a bard benefit from any particular dragon color armor or not?

RichD
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Bards are arcane casters.

From a bard's perspective your choice between the dragon armors boils down to:

White - best AC robe, Prot +4, moderate fortification [nice for a combat bard]
Black - Wizardy V [best SP boost item currently available]
Blue - Spell Penetration VII (better penetration items are a dime a dozen), Greater Arcane Lore (would only affect Shout & Soundburst), Potency VII (does this effect healing spells?)

Fennario
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Potency VII (does this effect healing spells?)

Yes it does.

Vinos
09-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Bards are arcane casters.

From a bard's perspective your choice between the dragon armors boils down to:

White - best AC robe, Prot +4, moderate fortification [nice for a combat bard]
Black - Wizardy V [best SP boost item currently available]unless you have Wiz VI or VII
Blue - Spell Penetration VII (better penetration items are a dime a dozen)I haven't seen a greater spell pen VII item. Do they exist?, Greater Arcane Lore (would only affect Shout & Soundburst)would also affect healing IIRC, Potency VII (does this effect healing spells?)

:rolleyes: Also don't forget the greater resists each robe has. White=Cold, Blue=Elec, and Black=Acid

RichD
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes: Also don't forget the greater resists each robe has. White=Cold, Blue=Elec, and Black=Acid

I was assuming the resists are equivalent in benefit so it is kind of irrelevant which you get - and not particularly bard-related.

I hadn't seen any Wiz VI or VII items, though now that you mention it I think I have heard of VIs. Are VIIs really in game currently?

It seems I pull a spell penetration VII item just about every time I run a few quests in GH. I thought I had seen greaters too, but maybe not. Its been a couple of months since I played my bard regularly.

With Potency and Arcane Lore affecting healing spells the blue robe/armor has more bard benefit than I thought.

Zenako
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
For most of the robes the benefit is getting a lot of nice boosts on one item. All of them can be equaled or beat by other "normal" items you can gather together. For a Bard who currently only has up to level 5 spells, the XXX Level VII boosts are overkill until levels go up. Getting Superior Potency V is better and those can be found fairly easily.

When in caster mode I have combos of Superior Potency V and Greater Spell Penetration V weapons I dual wield. Or various combos of Spell DC class enhancers with dual wield clubs/weapons.

Vinos
09-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Would also depend on what kind of bard you play. If you wear robes then it's probably not worth grinding for scales. IIRC the black leather is pretty decent.

Blind_Skwerl
09-28-2007, 02:14 AM
What about dragonscale docents for my warchanting battle bard?

seldarin
10-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I hadn't seen any Wiz VI or VII items, though now that you mention it I think I have heard of VIs. Are VIIs really in game currently?

Wiz VII items are in the game, i have a tiara of Wiz VII waiting for my sorc at lvl 13, i havent heard of any others, but then again i dont know everyone that plays.