PDA

View Full Version : former pally? alignment change

axebender
09-23-2007, 12:24 PM
not familiar with 3.5 rules but would there be a way of becoming a former bard with an alignment change? if you became lawfull you could take pally then...ive been loving the idea of mixing paly with bard in my opinion this would prolly be the ultimate multiclass. but unfortunatly cannot be done in ddo as of yet

Vinos
09-23-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't see it happening. Would be overpowered IMO.

Omega
09-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Keep on dreaming: http://www.e-commerce-blog.de/wp-content/che-1.jpg

Impaqt
09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Cant Happen in DDO.. Cant Happen in PnP.

A Paladin that loses his way is Stripped of all his Paladin Abilities. So in essense.. ANy FIghter/Bard could of been a Paladin/Bard....

axebender
09-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Cant Happen in DDO.. Cant Happen in PnP.

A Paladin that loses his way is Stripped of all his Paladin Abilities. So in essense.. ANy FIghter/Bard could of been a Paladin/Bard....

but wouldnt it be possible if u were an ex bard first..then became lawfull and became a pally?

Impaqt
09-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Thats a Tricky one.....

From the SRD:

Like a member of any other class, a paladin may be a multiclass character, but multiclass paladins face a special restriction. A paladin who gains a level in any class other than paladin may never again raise her paladin level, though she retains all her paladin abilities.

The way I read it.... If you start as any other class, you cannot change to Paladin. If you start as Paladin, you may take another class as long as your allignment is OK (SO that woudl Exclude Barbarians and Bards) and retain your Paladin abilities. But if you went outside of LG to take antoehr class.. You lose your paladin abilities.

smodge13
09-24-2007, 06:50 AM
theres a feat in pnp, i think its in complete adventurer that allows you to freely multiclass between bard and pally

Mad_Bombardier
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Thats a Tricky one.....

From the SRD:

Like a member of any other class, a paladin may be a multiclass character, but multiclass paladins face a special restriction. A paladin who gains a level in any class other than paladin may never again raise her paladin level, though she retains all her paladin abilities.

The way I read it.... If you start as any other class, you cannot change to Paladin. If you start as Paladin, you may take another class as long as your allignment is OK (SO that woudl Exclude Barbarians and Bards) and retain your Paladin abilities. But if you went outside of LG to take antoehr class.. You lose your paladin abilities.Your Paly to other classes is as printed. But that passage never says you can't become a Paladin late in life. I don't read it that way at all.

To answer the OP, the only way I see to do it is to level from 1 to 18 as Bard, then change alignment and take 19 and 20 as Paladin. Bards retain all spells and abilities even if they change alignment (unlike Paladins). None of which matters in DDO because there is no alignment respec mechanism. ;)

Amabel
09-25-2007, 12:21 AM
theres a feat in pnp, i think its in complete adventurer that allows you to freely multiclass between bard and pally

But your DM may only make this feat available if you have opened the munchkin race! :)