PDA

View Full Version : Just installed e-GeForce 8600 GT, now i have crashes, video issues

Randz_Stormbringer
09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
So tired of the Gianthold lag, i upgraded. Now with 2.5 gb ram, and the new card my graphics and loading are great! (for about 3 mins) Then my screen starts randomly getting filled with permenant blurred images and occasionally a crash. If i alt+enter my way out of a messy screen and come back, the images r gone. I was using an intergrated video. I removed all the previous driver files i could find. I went into Bios to see if i needed to turn the intergrated off, but didnt find the option. Intergrated doesnt show up on Device Manager either after i installed the new one. My model is eMachine T6212. Its an AMD 64 3200+. Ran the game fine before, i just wanted less loading time and better graphics. Any advice?

BurnerD
09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
The fact that everything is good for a few minutes leads me to believe your card may be overheating. I know the temp on my 8800GTS jumps about 10 degrees C when running DDO. Try running it with the case side off, and even maybe a fan blowing on the card to see if it will run longer. You may have bad airflow in your case, or the card itself may have issues ( poor heat conduction between the GPU and Heatsink is a possibility)

You might want to download a program like rivatuner2 to monitor your card temp.

If the game runs longer with the side off or a fan blowing on it you can do several things to improve airflow in your case to see if it helps(reroute cables, add fans, move any other cards away from the video card, etc...)

If all else fails I would get the card replaced to eliminate the possibility of a defective card.

Hope it helps...

Altumus
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
2.5gigs of ram is not matched - if that is the case that can cause issues ram comes in 256, 512, 1g and 2gig sticks usually, the only way to get 2.5gigs is having mis-matched ram which is not good (matched ram is even more important in today's systems) and you installed a 8600 video card - overheating is likely, but those upgrades to an emachine don't sound like a good combo. I'd also be concerned about power - as in do you have enough.

First I'd just make sure you have matched ram - and check the power supply.

BurnerD
09-20-2007, 07:07 PM
good point on the power supply... i didn't really consider the machine the upgrades were in.