PDA

View Full Version : Focusing Chant and Heroism

WeiQuinn
09-20-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm thinking long term about my Bard/Ranger/Wizard. If Ranger doesn't get Hide in Plain Sight at level 17, I'm going to stop Ranger at 15 and take Bard up to level 4.

Since I'll only have a handful of Bard spells to play with, my question is:

Does Focusing Chant and Heroism stack?

Schmackdown
09-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Yes.

nbhs275
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
can you give an explaination for your build?

WeiQuinn
09-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, I rolled up a Ranged based Ranger that will stay pure and I wanted a Melee Ranger to mess around with.

I opted to go Drow and dual wield Rapiers and Short Swords. I picked up one level of Wizard for Shield/Nightshield and Extend (along with some spell points and the Will save).

I deceided I wanted to pursue UMD and already had a Ranger/Rogue, so I opted for a level of Bard (even more spell points and a better Will save than Rogue).

As for the future, I want Ranger 15 for the Favored Enemy. Hide in Plain Sight would be nice at Ranger 17, but if its not implemented, I don't need any more Ranger for this character (gonna have a level 20 Ranger with my main). I figured more Bard levels would be better than more Wizard levels so I was looking at what Bard spells I wanted to take.

Right now, she has Remove Fear. I was planning on taking Focusing Chant, Cure Light Wounds, Blur and Heroism if I take levels 18 through 20 as Bard.

If Hide in Plain Sight is implemented, I would only take one additional level of Bard for a Bard 2/Ranger 17/Wizard1.

skraus1
09-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, ranged fighters don't get iterative attacks, so BAB doesn't matter a ton for the. BAB only causes them to fire a bit faster. Thus, you get very very strange builds like this one.

WeiQuinn
09-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah, ranged fighters don't get iterative attacks, so BAB doesn't matter a ton for the. BAB only causes them to fire a bit faster. Thus, you get very very strange builds like this one.

I don't see this as a strange build... it's pretty much a Dex-based Two Weapon Fighting melee Ranger with a little Arcane thrown in to be different.

nbhs275
09-20-2007, 10:46 PM
its not going to be the best build but not horrible. Though i wouldnt support ALOT of bard. You really should try and fit in ranger 11 at least.