PDA

View Full Version : Alignment change

Vendra
09-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I would like to request there be some way that we can change alignment on characters. In D&D it’s your actions that can change your alignment so perhaps a quest or something that has a long timer on it and cost a lot of plat. I really want to change my alignment to neutral but I do not want to put all the time needed into capping a new character.

Charmazal
09-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Dragonshards, Fred please reprogram me to dislike rules and be more kind to others :)

bmacclellan0001
09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
I'd like to be able to make evil charecters, just becouse, for roleplaying reasons.

Twerpp
09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah I dont like the default LG. I re-rolled a guy so many times and when I finally settled on the stats/skills and played him up to level 6 I realized my mistake.

Mercules
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I'd like to be able to make evil charecters, just becouse, for roleplaying reasons.

Do you mean like the, "I only used Grease on you while you were fighting the Beholder because I am CE and worship them in secret. I am only RPing my character so don't get mad." role playing reasons? :rolleyes:

PurdueDave
09-19-2007, 02:06 PM

What's the point if you can't loot your own party?:D

Seriously, I think we're all chaotic evil in DDO anyway. Those alignment tags are just for show.

Aesop
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Do you mean like the, "I only used Grease on you while you were fighting the Beholder because I am CE and worship them in secret. I am only RPing my character so don't get mad." role playing reasons? :rolleyes:

Those people need to be... fed to Carnivorous Sea Monkeys.

I wouldn't mind an Alignment Shift ability to be placed into the game... actually what I would really like is the Hybrid Feats like Devoted Performer (Paladin/Bard) and Asthetic Knight and all those... I would love a Bardic Paladin :)

Aesop

sigtrent
09-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I think alignment change would be cool, and evil would be neat.

Of course you shouldn't be able to change to an alignment that is prohibited by one of yoru classes (as much as I would love to make a paladin/bard).

I really don't see it as much of a game balance issue and its justified in terms of RP etc... I'd put it on a longish timer just to give it some flavor. It could also make a decent low end favor reward of some kind.

Aesop
09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I think alignment change would be cool, and evil would be neat.

Of course you shouldn't be able to change to an alignment that is prohibited by one of yoru classes (as much as I would love to make a paladin/bard).

Its legal in PnP :) Check out the Complete Adventurer look up the feat Devoted Performer :)

Twerpp
09-19-2007, 04:25 PM
The divine defensive powers of a Pally combined with the skills, magic, and tricks of a Bard and both classes use the same primary stat...I never saw this feat but that sounds like it would actually work really well as a support role/2nd hitter/2nd caster and Mega-Good-Luck-Charm all wrapped into one. With Pally Aura and Bard Songs/Spells imagine the buffage this guy brings. Would probably be easy to implement too just create a pre-req feat and allow the mutliclassing.

Aesop
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
The divine defensive powers of a Pally combined with the skills, magic, and tricks of a Bard and both classes use the same primary stat...I never saw this feat but that sounds like it would actually work really well as a support role/2nd hitter/2nd caster and Mega-Good-Luck-Charm all wrapped into one. With Pally Aura and Bard Songs/Spells imagine the buffage this guy brings.

One catch you have to be Lawful Good. So if you start as a Bard (cause you need Bardic Music) and then change alignments and go Pallly you can take the Feat which allows the combo which imporves your Bardic Music and Smite Abilities. specifically you add the classes together for determining the abilities. :)

Aesop