PDA

View Full Version : Welcome (back?): Tolero!

Patience
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Greetings everyone!

We're pleased to announce a new addition to the Turbine Community Team: Tolero! Tolero was tapped for the community team after demonstrating extraordinary dedication and contributions to the Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach community. As the player Merlask, she wrote game and server guides, organized events and parties both in-game and in real life, had a regular segment on DDOCast, and has become one of the most recognized names in the DDO community.

Tolero will be working with both the DDO and LOTRO communities, primarily helping with forums moderation, content creation, and live events. Please join us in congratulating her on her new position on the Turbine OCR team!

P.S. To the DDO community.. yeah, I know we don't need to tell you who she is, lol :D

Hendrik
09-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Welcome Tolero/Merlask!

/akwardnekkidwhiteguyhappydance

:o

Shiver me timbers!

Mad_Bombardier
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Avast matey and welcome aboard!

Nice name Tolero. The romanophile in me likes it. :) A little endurance and fortitude is just what we need in our OCR.

Recovery
09-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Welcome Back and Congrats... Now get to work! :)

Memnir
09-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Welcome back. :)

Rowanheal
09-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Ahoy Mateys!!!

Woot! Mega congrads on the "title"

Welcome Tolero! Please don your flame suit and be ready to cross swords.

*runs away singing*

Merlask works for Turbine. Merlask works for Turbine...

Ustice
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Ahoy! Good ter have ye back. But why the name change? Especially since Merlask is sort of a celebrity name now. Arr, it do be good to have ye around, whatever ye do be callin' yerself.

Tolero
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Good morn me hearties!

(Good morning Stormreach!)

I be havin words wit ye. Some o me words be lost on ye not attuned wit de talk o de high seas, so I be providing ye wit letters ta help get ye on de map, fer what sort o sailor be I who not be recognizing the merit o’ this finest o’ days

(I wanted to take a moment to go over a few things. I realize not all of you are versed in the language of stereotypical pirate dialect, so I’ll be translating here for those of you not in the mood for the flavor text version. I realize that many of the players regard today as a ‘fun’ occasion. What’s more, as I’m apparently regarded as ‘the role player’ it would be bad form for me to not participate.)

I be noticing a lot of talk like mutiny aboard this vessel, and it seems I might be needin ta remind ye of the law of the sea. Dis ship be sailin, and ye be aboard it. Ye signed yer mark, and ye be bound to yer word. Let all ye be reminded of that.

(There is a practical reason I am using the pirate-talk today, and that is to reference that these forums are indeed like a pirate ship of sorts…. Allow me to elaborate:

Historically speaking, many pirate vessels had their crew sign a contract, which specified such details as

What cut each man was to receive of plunder
Any specifications for handling disputes among crew
Any other imperative matters that would not be tolerated

All men who sailed aboard that ship were bound to the terms, and the ship functioned as a unit, with each man having his say, but no man breeching the terms of ship’s contract. Such an arrangement exists here as well in terms of the Forum Guidelines.

I ask that you all take a moment to review them. Denote that they indicate you don’t have to ‘like’ one another, but you must be respectful. The captain and crew – i.e. your forum moderators – will not tolerate behavior that is against the Forum Guidelines. We won’t make you walk the plank, but we will be forced to unleash unpleasant things like infraction points.)

I be also remindin ye of the perils of the sea while ye be sailin these waters

(For your well being, please keep the following things in mind when you interact on the forums)

Law o’ the Sea 1 – Here there be monsters. Pay ye no mind to songs o’ the sirens.

(#1 – There are trolls and other folk who enjoy seeing how quickly/greatly they can get under the skin of others. These folk only have as much power as you give them, and ignore is your best weapon.)

Law o’ the Sea 2 – If ye be havin a problem, take up yer grievance wit de Cap’n. Thar be no righteous brandishin o’ weapons.

(#2 – If you are having trouble, please contact the forum administrators. It is not permissible to be rude to others who are being rude. Participating in flame wars is only going to sink your own ship.)

Law o’ the Sea 3 – Thar be no return from the deep o’ Davy Jones’ locker.

(#3 – Be mindful of your actions, and that inappropriate behavior may jeopardize your ability to participate in the forums.)

Law o’ the Sea 4 - There be no disputing matters of taste, or feel the lash o’ the cat-o-nine!

(#4 – Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Respect one another, period.)

Now off with ye, thar be chests ta plunder! Yer warm wishes be most appreciated by this sailor.

(Thank you all for your kind words! Now let’s go have some fun in the ways we each enjoy ^^)

Raiyea
09-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Booyah! Welcome back, Mer! Arg! Ahoy, bucko!

*runs in a circle out of glee and calls it a happy dance* Shiver me timbers! *bellows a sea shanty while dancing a jig in an addled manner*

Mad_Bombardier
/hoists 'is mug ta tha new Cap'n

Shadow_Flayer
First the mod 5 voice overs and now this. Grats Merlask!

Freeman
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Welcome back, Merlask.(Why couldn't you keep that name?) Now, when can we expect to see that PA system in the game? Or will it just be some really loud dwarves conveniently placed around Stormreach?

Kargon
09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
:eek:
Good morn me hearties!

Kargon not see the rule about all Tasty Ham plunder going to Kargon in there... hmmm..... Maybe time for new captamain!

Tolero
09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I imagine this question will come up a lot, but in regards to the 'name change'...

I imagine some of you will probably still refer to me by 'Merlask' but that's fine. 'Merlask' is my personal handle, but for the purpose of working at Turbine, I decided to adopt something other than my personal handle, that's all. ^^ No worries

Hendrik
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I imagine this question will come up a lot, but in regards to the 'name change'...

I imagine some of you will probably still refer to me by 'Merlask' but that's fine. 'Merlask' is my personal handle, but for the purpose of working at Turbine, I decided to adopt something other than my personal handle, that's all. ^^ No worries

Most of us, I would imagine, that have seen your work before the name change are always going to think and refer to you as Merlask.

One of our 'own' that gets to do something that many of us wish we could...

Not of happened to a better person.

Garrrr! What way to de plunder Capt'n?

liamfrancais
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Grats and welcome back to bad we have to share you with the evil empire that is lotro.

Cowdenicus
09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
If Merlask posts a tenth of what she used to on these forums as a new dev, that would represent about a 40,000% increase in Dev communication.

Glad to see you Merlask, even if I am leaving.

Roguewiz
09-19-2007, 11:33 AM

How does Tolask or Merlero sound :p

Grats on the new job!

Beherit_Baphomar
09-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Welcome back Tolero,

So no more Kommunist Kobold??!
I like that lil scallie fella...even if he, maybe, possibly, in theory, handed me a point or two...or twelve...or so....maybe....

Anyways, welcome back...tell them to find someone else to babysit the kids on the forums and get you to working events and content.....you're too good at that stuff....

mocat
09-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Yarrr.... this be good news.

C'mere Tolero, I be wantin' ta smush a cupcake in yer face.

Yarrrrrrrrrk. :D

cdbd3rd
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Yarrr.... this be good news.

C'mere Tolero, I be wantin' ta smush a cupcake in yer face.

Yarrrrrrrrrk. :D

:( But, but.... she said "Infraction" in her very first posting. :(

*sniffles*

She's been infected by the suity types. :(

Good ta see ye back aboard Mertorlaskero. :p

Dylos_Moon
09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
So, let's put 2 and 2 and 2 together here, Tolero/Merlask is going to be working on live events, we all know merlask is a roleplayer at heart, we're having a psudo-roleplaying event right now.

Hmm, *checks Tchurvul's join date* 06-15-2007 *checks Merlask's retire date* 08-20-2007

Well, that just throws my theory out the window...I still think she has something to do with the Emerald Conspiracy thingy, meh.

Coldin
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Here's something interesting. Tolero has made 4 posts already, yet we only see 2 of them so for. So where are the other posts?

And welcome back Merlask/Tolero! I hope we see some good things in terms of live events soon.

Missing_Minds
09-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Ok, then I'll ask. Why the name of Tolero? Is this the name of +Sir's new sidekick? What is the history of Tolero?

I mean when Cathy join up in QA she opted for a handle with _QA at the end of it. (I think she opted for that at least.)

Gratch
09-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Tolero? Ranchero? Cuz they're made by pequenos keebleros? :confused:

Ahoy, the commercials they bandy about me noggin.

Trans: Tolero eh? Any reason? Where's your sig line? I suggest a Gir quote in piratese

Tolero
09-19-2007, 12:58 PM
*braces for cupcake impact*

Merlero? Makes me sound like a drink :D

The history of 'Tolero'

Well, we had Patience, Quarion, Ramen, and Saffron, so I thought it might be fun to go in alphabetical order ^^

My latin/roman buffs out there will know what the word means.

And are we making conspiracy theories about the conspiracy? :eek: Sir and The Vulture will be pleased ^^

Shamguard
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
*braces for cupcake impact*

Merlero? Makes me sound like a drink :D

More like a cheap whine:D and we already have enough of those in the forums.

(Gives Tolero a rose. :) )

moorewr
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Can I have your stuff?

If Merlask posts a tenth of what she used to on these forums as a new dev, that would represent about a 40,000% increase in Dev communication.

Glad to see you Merlask, even if I am leaving.

Aesop
09-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Can I have your stuff?

NO you can't he already promised it to me.
;)

Aesop

ps

MMOOOOOOOOOOO!!1!1!!!1!!!!111!

pps Hey Mer-Tol... hmmm Mertol... Myrtle... Ms. Turtle ....nah Merlero? Tolask?... So Mer-Tol welcome back and good luck... mwahahahaha

LordDamax
09-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Ok, rock on, Tolero is community relations/etc.

Now... lessee... what can I do to get a spanking/infraction point from Tolero? Hmm...

My wife saw your pics - she got jealous... "Why do you have all those pics of that girl!?!" (They were the ones I took at the DDO party where you were handing out the goodies and whatnot, tried to get a pic of everyone getting their rewards/etc - she thought I was obsessively taking pictures of you hehe)

Now if I told her you gave me an infraction point, wow, she'd really overthink it - having no clue what an infraction point is, and trying to look it up on urbandictionary.com or something - and go berserk ;)

Symar-FangofLloth
09-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Yay, it's Merlask!
So, are we going to get lots of live events now? I sure hope so!

rfachini
09-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Tolero is latin for "to endure".
(I'm not a language ace, but I do know how to use Google. ;) )

Congrats, Merlask! Looking forward to your live events and maybe some DDO RP!!

Lorien_the_First_One
09-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey welcome back :D

I've always enjoyed your posts and your vids and think some of your live events have been very imaginative. I look forward to seeing that creativity adding spice to the game now that you have earned the + by your name.

I'm also pleased to see Turbine investing in more CSRs. Hopefully that speaks to an intent to increase communication with the player base.

Ustice
09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
My latin/roman buffs out there will know what the word means.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tolero

Its the latin root for the word "tolerate."

Now where did the other guys get their nicks? :)

*Edit: rfachini, I guess that is why I should not reply to posts when I havn't refreshed the page in a while... *

Mockduck
09-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Excellent. This is going to be great.

I know this is the most trivial and inconsequential thing ever in the history of unimportant things, but I'd just like to point out that the preferred way to write out DDOcast is:

DDOcast

not

DDOCast

It means so little, and is not a big deal, but it just looks better to my eyes not to have the "C" in upper case. Plus, its a play on Podcast, not PodCast.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm actually typing this. Feel free to laugh at me.

Anyway, yeah - events will be cool! I've seen first-hand how well you keep things organized in a chaotic environment, and you know what works and what doesn't!

Jerry

Cowdenicus
09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Excellent. This is going to be great.

I know this is the most trivial and inconsequential thing ever in the history of unimportant things, but I'd just like to point out that the preferred way to write out DDOcast is:

DDOcast

not

DDOCast

It means so little, and is not a big deal, but it just looks better to my eyes not to have the "C" in upper case. Plus, its a play on Podcast, not PodCast.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm actually typing this. Feel free to laugh at me.

Anyway, yeah - events will be cool! I've seen first-hand how well you keep things organized in a chaotic environment, and you know what works and what doesn't!

Jerry

We still have to get together for lunch some time.

gaxpar
09-19-2007, 04:23 PM
If yes u can reply on the forums .If it's a no plz just send a pm. Roflmao.

Sir_Lawrence
09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
I am proud to have Merla .. uh ... Tolero on the team! So be nice. :)

As for the theory about Tchurvul being Tolero? Sorry, but he's been around a long time before he stole a Whisper Stone from House Sivis and began posting on these forums. Nice try though! :P

Dark_Helmet
09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Good morn me hearties!

I be havin words wit ye. Some o me words be lost on ye not attuned wit de talk o de high seas, so I be providing ye wit letters ta help get ye on de map, fer what sort o sailor be I who not be recognizing the merit o’ this finest o’ days

(I wanted to take a moment to go over a few things. I realize not all of you are versed in the language of stereotypical pirate dialect, so I’ll be translating here for those of you not in the mood for the flavor text version. I realize that many of the players regard today as a ‘fun’ occasion. What’s more, as I’m apparently regarded as ‘the role player’ it would be bad form for me to not participate.)

In honor of talk like a pirate day:

Arrrgh,
Ye bring yer brimstone-proof long johns, matey?

Don't forget your asbestos pants due to all the flamers, corporate spokesperson!
;)

cryptic
09-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Congo Rats to you

Dylos_Moon
09-19-2007, 07:09 PM
And are we making conspiracy theories about the conspiracy? :eek: Sir and The Vulture will be pleased ^^

I am proud to have Merla .. uh ... Tolero on the team! So be nice. :)

As for the theory about Tchurvul being Tolero? Sorry, but he's been around a long time before he stole a Whisper Stone from House Sivis and began posting on these forums. Nice try though! :P

I already figured merlask couldn't be Tchurvul by Tchurvul's join date and Merlask's announcement about being hired by turbine date, but I still think she has something to do with this. Maybe Merlask/Tolero is the emerald claw rep or something or an ally of Sir Lawrence or Tchurvul, hmm...

Hey since we already have a weapon from both Sir Lawrence (+1 Vorpal Sickle of Haggling), and one from Tchurvul (Tchurvul's Kukri) are we going to get some Tolero equipment too? :p Preferably something nice to dual wield with my sickle I got from Sir Lawrence :)

Brianius
09-19-2007, 09:45 PM
jerry i do the same thing

oh wait this a wb merlask thread
/waves to merlask and gives a quality arrrrr
i knew you were waiting for me to return. and other good news came today

cdbd3rd
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I already figured merlask couldn't be Tchurvul by Tchurvul's join date and Merlask's announcement about being hired by turbine date, but I still think she has something to do with this. Maybe Merlask/Tolero is the emerald claw rep or something or an ally of Sir Lawrence or Tchurvul, hmm...

Hey since we already have a weapon from both Sir Lawrence (+1 Vorpal Sickle of Haggling), and one from Tchurvul (Tchurvul's Kukri) are we going to get some Tolero equipment too? :p Preferably something nice to dual wield with my sickle I got from Sir Lawrence :)

I am sure that +Tolero will be siding with +Sir to stand against the invading horde of +Tchurval. ;)

As for a Merlaskish 'weapon'... would be the right time to bring in bardish instruments, would it not?:cool:

Turial
09-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Now we all know that the only weapon Merlask would bring to the game would be a whip. Rejoice!

Hakushi
09-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Welcome Tolero (and welcome back Merlask) and congratulations for your new position, it's well deserved. :)

issiana
09-20-2007, 02:11 AM
/sounds of cheering amongst the crew can be heard

Ahoy there me heartie, It be great to set sail with ye once more lassie.

We being wondering down here when your pirate vessel would be joining us once more.

Let the pillaging commence again :)

((welcome back Merlask/Tolero, its a pity you couldn't keep merlask as your title, but them the breaks they say. grats on job etc.. look forward to your input :) )