PDA

View Full Version : Jket's - Zerging Songblade

Jket
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.65
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Jcet Songblade
Level 14 True Neutral Drow Male
(1 Fighter \ 2 Rogue \ 11 Bard)
Hit Points: 143
Spell Points: 440
BAB: 10\10\15\20
Fortitude: 6
Reflex: 12
Will: 6

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 14)
Strength 17 20
Dexterity 13 15
Constitution 12 12
Intelligence 10 10
Wisdom 8 8
Charisma 16 19

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 14)
Balance 5 13
Bluff 3 4
Concentration 1 12
Diplomacy 3 4
Disable Device 4 5
Haggle 7 17
Heal -1 -1
Hide 1 2
Intimidate 3 6
Jump 7 22
Listen -1 1
Move Silently 1 2
Open Lock 5 7
Perform n/a 21
Repair 0 0
Search 4 7
Spot 2 5
Swim 3 5
Tumble 2 3
Use Magic Device 7 21

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 4 (Bard)

Level 5 (Bard)

Level 6 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Cleave

Level 7 (Bard)

Level 8 (Bard)

Level 9 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 10 (Bard)

Level 11 (Bard)

Level 12 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Bard)

Level 14 (Bard)
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
Enhancement: Bard Extra Song I
Enhancement: Bard Extra Song II
Enhancement: Bard Extra Song III
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II
Enhancement: Elven Dexterity I
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
Enhancement: Fighter Item Defense I
Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Trip) I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I
Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II
Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music III
Enhancement: Bard Charisma I
Enhancement: Bard Charisma II
Enhancement: Bard Charisma III
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I

I would like to leave a few notes for this build:

1) The enhancements are out of date... the Bard specialty isnt on this version.. but it is a warchanter ofcourse!

2) I am slowly building this toon but It will take awihle to get all the neccessary raid items and time due to real life stuff, (hence me sharing this nice build with you).

3) Level 15 i suggest Khopesh Proficiency or even not taking toughness for it... best dps unless your lucky and get Sword of Shadows.

Spell List at level 14!:
Level 1 Spells: Focusing Chant, Expeditious Retreat, Hypno, Ottos Dance
Level 2 Spells: Blur, Rage,Suggestion, Heroism
Level 3 Spells: Dispel, Haste, Displacement, Good hope
Level 4 Spells: Dimension Door, Hold Monster, Ottos Sphere
^.^

Heres a nice list of items you want to consider:
+6 Strength Item (to get 26 str, 28 rage)
+6 Dex Item (to get 22 dex)
+6 con item (to get 18 con,20 rage)
+6 cha item (to get you to 26 cha)
+5 protection item
+5 resist item
+11/13/15 search disable unlock items
+6 int item (14 int)
Disease Immunity/Poision Immunity of Heavy Fort
POP X
Planar Girds
Chaosgarde
+1 Cha Tome (to even cha or use +5 item for 24 cha instead of 26)
+1 dex tome (dex = 14, +2 from rogue and one elven enhancements, 15,+6 item = 22 DELVING SUIT!!!)

Neccessary/Best raid items:
Sword of Shadows
Delving suit (22 dex = perfect fit for this build)
+2 str tome
+2 con tome
+2 int tome
Kundarak Delving Boots
Titan Gloves
Titan Mask (+6 cha)
Dream Spitter
Madstone boots (cant cast but if your fully buffed 2 mins will be as long as your haste... just swap around after you use clicky)
Head of Good Fortune (luck +2!)
Sandstorm Goggles
Chaos Blade
Storm (fun not needed though =P)
Seal of Earth (also not needed... stoneskin scroll, barkskin pot or spell from friendly ranger)
Torc (not needed either will get you your sweet zerg juice back though!)
+2/+3 cha tome
Dragon Helm (+6 wis,+6 intimidate)

As you can tell alot of raiding will need to be done to make this toon perfect. But will also work out good with average items... Fun to play too... pick traps, sing a song, haste and kill kill kill!

Sincerely,
Jket :rolleyes:

Jket
09-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I know 3 people sent me pms so far... anyone else try out this build tho... so far ive been getting nice critique via pms...

let me know,
Jket!:p :p

Geonis
10-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Why a Planar Gird?

You can cast GH off scrolls, with a caster level check, on a 4.

It lasts just as long.

Gives the same bonuses.

And is waaaaay easier to find.

Jket
10-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Why a Planar Gird?

You can cast GH off scrolls, with a caster level check, on a 4.

It lasts just as long.

Gives the same bonuses.

And is waaaaay easier to find.

free GH who would complain. Plus you have a 20% spell failure with delving suit. Might as well have the 100% garuntee of a 11 min Greater Hero. Scrolls sure go ahead use them im not stopping you.

sigtrent
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
free GH who would complain. Plus you have a 20% spell failure with delving suit. Might as well have the 100% garuntee of a 11 min Greater Hero. Scrolls sure go ahead use them im not stopping you.

I'm pretty sure its only 10% on the delving suit. Not that I'm arguing, just saying..

Rentz
10-17-2007, 02:50 PM
why would a bard have spell failure in a delving suit?
it's mithral chain / light armor. bard's are fine in light armor.

sigtrent
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
why would a bard have spell failure in a delving suit?
it's mithral chain / light armor. bard's are fine in light armor.

Using arcane scrolls. If you are big on the scroll use then ASF becomes a consideration for bards.

Rentz
10-17-2007, 04:48 PM
aahh, i see now, thx

Jket
10-22-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm pretty sure its only 10% on the delving suit. Not that I'm arguing, just saying..

yeh no arguement.. pretty sure its 20% kinda alot for ligth armor but here was my examination:

Armor: Delving Suit
Shield: +5 Light Mithral (0% ASF)

I rolled a 20 on my ASF check and failed... Weird that this armor has that high of ASF.

Then again I could be missing something in this, not sure.

Jket

Borror0
10-22-2007, 01:13 AM
I rolled a 20 on my ASF check and failed... Weird that this armor has that high of ASF.

KDS (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/KundarakDelvingSuit.jpg) - So yeah, 20%!!

A_Sheep
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah, KDS is Mithril Chainmail (with a boosted max dex bonus).

ErgonomicCat
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah, KDS is Mithril Chainmail (with a boosted max dex bonus).

Can you really survive melee with 143 hp?

And why two levels of rogue? You've got a DD of 5 and an OL of 7, +2 skill boost. That really doesn't seem particularly useful.

If it's for the +1d6 sneak, why not one rogue and two fighter, for another feat, and then take ftr str +1, rather than rogue dex 1? You could start with a 16 str instead, end up the same place, and have 2 points left to put somewhere.

Or is there something I'm missing there?

Impaqt
10-22-2007, 05:55 PM

And why two levels of rogue? You've got a DD of 5 and an OL of 7, +2 skill boost. That really doesn't seem particularly useful.

If it's for the +1d6 sneak, why not one rogue and two fighter, for another feat, and then take ftr str +1, rather than rogue dex 1? You could start with a 16 str instead, end up the same place, and have 2 points left to put somewhere.

I'm sure the 2 Levels of ROgue are for Evasion... witha Reflex save around 20, it could be usefull every once in a great while...

as for a 7 OL.. You'd be surprised how many locks you can open in this game with a 7.... Like... almost all of em....

4 Ranks +5Dex +13 Item +7 Tools +4 GH +2 Boost +1 Luck =36+d20 No Failure Penalty. Highest Lock in the game is 56 right now.....

EinarMal
10-22-2007, 05:59 PM

It would be more like ~220 with a con item, GFL, and draconic the 143 is base.

sigtrent
10-22-2007, 06:25 PM
KDS (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/KundarakDelvingSuit.jpg) - So yeah, 20%!!

Bummer :< Well I guess that means I am less sad for not having it. :P

Jket
10-28-2007, 02:22 AM
Bummer :< Well I guess that means I am less sad for not having it. :P

with the right raid equipment you can reach a buffed ac of 50+... on a bard thats crazy... with self haste,displacement,evasion... throw that all in there and this build is a killer.... give you a sword of shadows with bard songs and rage etc.. you can hit for well over 150-180 damage.

jket

Daemonis
10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
While +6 stat items aren’t that hard to come by nowadays, I think it is unrealistic to list raid loot in your build, especially now that the raid loot mechanics have been changed. You cannot count on it. When I see builds with equipment lists such as the one listed in the OP to fill out the build, I loose interest. It’s like padding the numbers. Frankly, any build would be in fact quite uber if you had acquired all the high-end loot you list in the OP.

What is the effectiveness of the build without the uber raid loot? How about +4/+5Stat items and a holybursterofpuregood weapon? Ya know, something even the casual gamer can aspire to acquire?

-Daemonis

jkm
10-29-2007, 02:58 PM
i have a similar build i'm working on though its 2 rogue/1 barb/11 bard (currently 12). even without the raid loot, the AC on this bard is really, really good. with some bark and sof pots, mid-high 30's were a regularity from level 5-9 (mine is human so i could boost into the 40's). the only things you really had to fear were searing light, hold person, and improved trip (frickin dogs :mad: ).

i would go a different route with the skill points than jket did. i wouldn't even bother with trapsmithing and just add ranks to OL during your rogue levels. also, not maxing concentration is a bad idea if you have to redisplace or rehaste in combat after dispells.

Jket
11-05-2007, 03:02 AM
i have a similar build i'm working on though its 2 rogue/1 barb/11 bard (currently 12). even without the raid loot, the AC on this bard is really, really good. with some bark and sof pots, mid-high 30's were a regularity from level 5-9 (mine is human so i could boost into the 40's). the only things you really had to fear were searing light, hold person, and improved trip (frickin dogs :mad: ).

i would go a different route with the skill points than jket did. i wouldn't even bother with trapsmithing and just add ranks to OL during your rogue levels. also, not maxing concentration is a bad idea if you have to redisplace or rehaste in combat after dispells.

no offense but ive seen those builds around.. overall they do not compare with this build.. wow you can have barb rage... you cant cast spells... you get a little more str and con... then you have to waste a wand whip or potion on something stupid... with 1 fighter you get a new feat...

why not go rogue skills? with all your buffs, items, etc you can handle almost all high end stuff... only problem i have ever had was Cabol Elite trap... face it most rogues cant do it.

So wat are you proposing? Bring your bard against my bard in arena pvp.. lets see wat happens ;).

Jket

jkm
11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
So wat are you proposing? Bring your bard against my bard in arena pvp.. lets see wat happens ;).

Jket

heh, the last words of illuminati before he realized he was taking the game a little seriously.

what i said was that i personally would distribute skill points a different way. you get 6 skill points per level with a 10 intelligence. every bard level you have to put a 1/2 point into OL, DD, and search. so i personally think putting them into concentration, balance, perform, listen/diplo, intimidate and UMD are more important.

i hit 13 yesterday with one more bard level to go. my opinion of this build is that it is a higher damage (by a factor of 1.5) battlemage with a little less surviveability.

pros -
27 reflex is enough to evade most spells in combat
criticals in the 160 range non-raged are awesome
bard songs help party dps a ton
very flexible on what weapons you can use and be successful
always a group for a bard
fascinate is still the best crowd control in the game

cons
no false life and stoneskin - wanding/scrolling these things is a pain compared with the fast cast of a battlesorc. i was getting pounded through displacement in the orchard something fierce. you end up doing the sorc mexican jumping bean to get all your defenses back up. the 5 dr chant helps but you are still taking 2x as much damage over stoneskin except for the reaver.
500ish spell points - grrr (compared to 1100 with my battlesorc)

nbhs275
11-06-2007, 05:56 PM
eh, pure bard wins in all areas except evasion. Thats said i have a friend with a similiar build(10/2/2 with virt) that runs with my bard and it works out pretty well. He has the high AC and the undead/construct songs. I got the flesh CC, buff songs, buffing, higher hitpoints(about 75) and Reliable UMD.

jkm
11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
the actual benefits are as follows:

+1 BAB (net -1 to hit, -2 damage)
use of all martial weapons
evasion
+1 fort save, +1 reflex save, - 2 will save
rogue haste boost
sneak attack
for fighter tower shield, enhancements like item protection, toughness, trip
for barb - movement rate, rage, enhancements like barb power attack, toughness

i don't think anyone is going to say that these builds are the OMG UB3R3ST builds on the planet, however they are incredibly viable. if you can get your reflex save into the mid-high 20's, you almost eliminate the danger of DBF, chain lightning, etc. obviously, evasion is going to lose some of its luster next mod as more and more spells have no saves (hopefully meteor swarm is going to have a reflex save).

Jket
11-07-2007, 02:31 PM
no need for tower shield...

rogue haste boots?? you mean rogue skill boost for UMD in the clutch or for those couple extra points for that DC 50 door. :D.

Rogue = MORE skill points and evasion

Fighter = Free feat, +1 BAB (doesnt matter much when you have mucho de divine power clickies!), all martial weapons (doesnt matter much cuz you wanna fit in Khopesh, because its best DPS unless your going two hander route... then I suggest Greataxe.)

Surviveabilty? Are you smoking something... U can cast heal scrolls, use up to Cure Serious Wand Whips... You can even take spells if your heart desires... Battle Bard > Battle Mage... Then again its all in the players mindset.. so I guess it would be wise to say Battle Bard = Battle Mage, Pally = Ranger, so on and so forth.. Everything is equal in the end its how you play... My playing style is more intense then people who ask 1 million questions? (like where am I?, where are you guys?, OMFG I suxxorz!)

Jket

:eek:

Jket
11-07-2007, 02:34 PM
eh, pure bard wins in all areas except evasion. Thats said i have a friend with a similiar build(10/2/2 with virt) that runs with my bard and it works out pretty well. He has the high AC and the undead/construct songs. I got the flesh CC, buff songs, buffing, higher hitpoints(about 75) and Reliable UMD.

you only think that cuz you think your mr. uber leetz... like i said.. Trucia vrs. Alrek or watever.. Quests Kill Counts mean nothing in the end.. Anyone can easily sneak in the last punch. Your always the one in the quest judging people about how good they are maybe you should re-evaluate yourself.

Jket

jkm
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
no need for tower shield...

rogue haste boots?? you mean rogue skill boost for UMD in the clutch or for those couple extra points for that DC 50 door. :D.

Rogue = MORE skill points and evasion

Fighter = Free feat, +1 BAB (doesnt matter much when you have mucho de divine power clickies!), all martial weapons (doesnt matter much cuz you wanna fit in Khopesh, because its best DPS unless your going two hander route... then I suggest Greataxe.)

Surviveabilty? Are you smoking something... U can cast heal scrolls, use up to Cure Serious Wand Whips... You can even take spells if your heart desires... Battle Bard > Battle Mage... Then again its all in the players mindset.. so I guess it would be wise to say Battle Bard = Battle Mage, Pally = Ranger, so on and so forth.. Everything is equal in the end its how you play... My playing style is more intense then people who ask 1 million questions? (like where am I?, where are you guys?, OMFG I suxxorz!)

Jket

:eek:

rogue haste boost adds 10&#37; to your swing speed on top of haste. insta-dps.

my battlemage can use hjeel scrolls just as easily as my bard, actually easier with the higher charisma, and with the pally levels has higher saves (31/33/28) and can use csw's as well. he also benefits from evasion, false life, resist energy, firewall (with all the enhancements), crazy fast sorc cast times, and twice as many spell points -nothing like tons of temp hit points in a blur. so no, battle bard is not = or > than a battlemage in surviveability. however, from a DPS point of view, it is heads and tales above my battlemage without the use of firewall.

edit: i forgot to add one thing - the bard is much, much better at handling dispels than my battlemage. although the bard just doesn't have enough mana to replace buffs :mad:

nbhs275
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
you only think that cuz you think your mr. uber leetz... like i said.. Trucia vrs. Alrek or watever.. Quests Kill Counts mean nothing in the end.. Anyone can easily sneak in the last punch. Your always the one in the quest judging people about how good they are maybe you should re-evaluate yourself.

Jket

Hmm, its a build thread, and i made an opionated post, so sue me. I never said anything about my bard specifically, just that a pure bard has basically everything this one does except evasion. Though i will concede that it COULD have maxed rogue skills, if the maker wanted it to. But other then that its got nothing major of the pure bard. 2 minutes of attack haste is nice, and so is the extra feat. But not really going to beat out full casting, great self CC, Holds, dances, better songs, better healing, better umd, and the other benefits of a pure bard.

Its a decent sub for a skill monkey rogue, and good enough solo character, but ppl arent out there looking for a "super duper half bard" . And thats simply because out of all the ppl playing builds like this, only a handful can actual be of more use then a wand whipping rogue.

jkm
11-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Hmm, its a build thread, and i made an opionated post, so sue me. I never said anything about my bard specifically, just that a pure bard has basically everything this one does except evasion. Though i will concede that it COULD have maxed rogue skills, if the maker wanted it to. But other then that its got nothing major of the pure bard. 2 minutes of attack haste is nice, and so is the extra feat. But not really going to beat out full casting, great self CC, Holds, dances, better songs, better healing, better umd, and the other benefits of a pure bard.

Its a decent sub for a skill monkey rogue, and good enough solo character, but ppl arent out there looking for a "super duper half bard" . And thats simply because out of all the ppl playing builds like this, only a handful can actual be of more use then a wand whipping rogue.

here is the thing, a pure bard can only get a better UMD or better songs not both. you can take spell singer over warchanter for a +2 to umd and then your damage songs are exactly the same. if you take warchanter then your umd is the same but your damage songs are +1/+2. fascinate works the same regardless of 1 bard or 14 bard for now. healing, dances, holds, etc are all dc based so depending on how you build a mixed bard the dc could be the same or more (heighten/sf/etc).

nbhs275
11-08-2007, 08:09 AM
here is the thing, a pure bard can only get a better UMD or better songs not both. you can take spell singer over warchanter for a +2 to umd and then your damage songs are exactly the same. if you take warchanter then your umd is the same but your damage songs are +1/+2. fascinate works the same regardless of 1 bard or 14 bard for now. healing, dances, holds, etc are all dc based so depending on how you build a mixed bard the dc could be the same or more (heighten/sf/etc).

pure bard: +3 base, +3 inspire damage, +3 inspire attack : +6 total each.

your bard: +2 base, +2 warchanter damage, +1 warchanter attack, +2 damage enhancment, +2 attack enhancment.

i got one more to-hit, which is a better song. Warchanter doesnt do anything in a multiclass build but make the songs almost match up with a pure bard. Nevermind the fact that it requires WF, which is a rather dull use of a feat. Losing out on spells is not worth evasion and near equivelent songs in my eyes.

Spells are also dependent on SP, so if i have oh, say, around double, my casting is going to be better off the bat.

UMD will be the same, though the difference between 37 and 39 is huge, and so is the difference when debuffed.

Also, how do you plan on fitting all these items onto your character?

From the original post it would be

helm titan mask
neck torc
trinket HogF
Goggles Sandstorm
cloak +5 protection cloak
bracers choasguard
ring 1: Heavy fort ring
ring 2: +4 resistance ring
gloves: Titan Gloves
boots: Madstone
belt: con belt
body: Delving suit

Your trying to fit too many items into too few slots. And switching 12 items around each fight is pretty slow. Maybe if you made the smart decision to balance out your items, you could fit everything on.

jkm
11-08-2007, 10:00 AM
yes, but there will not be an attack 4 enhancement unless turbine changes the direction of the enhancement system...again. so the top level attack enhancment becomes moot in 2 months.

as for items, my toon, with no raid gear has the following:

head - mino helm switches to UWA of haggle 13
necklace - wisdom +5 or cartouche
trinket - popx swapped out to bloodstone
cloak - +4 resistance with a cloak of ice clicky
belt - +5 con with a planar gird clicky
gloves - +6 str with a swap in of OL 13
boots - +6 dex
bracers - chaosgarde with all of my divine power clickies
goggles - blindness ward
ring1 - charisma +5 can swap in a protection +4 for turtling
ring 2 - ff