PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dev's What is the most ran mission in the game?

Litz
09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I know the developers have to have some kind of data collection algorythim (prolly spelled wrong), that collects and totals how often missions are repeated to get a sense of how popular or how much trafic a instance gets. Is it possible you can clue us in on the say, top ten most repeated missions in the game? Preferably total for all the servers or maybee individually, don't much matter what-ever works for you. This info would be kind of cool to know for us players, not as a way to exploit anything, just maybee a tool for forming groups, or discuss why/what makes those missions good.

My guess at first was PoP was at the top of the list, then I got thinking how many times have I ran waterworks, or maybee stormclieve. Now it just makes me go hmmm. I'm sure the peanut gallery can sound off with what they feel is the top ten, or should be, but it's not the same as know what "IS" the top ten. So can you clue us in?

Tanka
09-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Right now? Probably PotP.

Barumar
09-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't know, for about a year it was ransack Tempest Spine every week for me! And remember, there were a LOT more players doing quests back then - and of course there is the whole raid party thing! :D

I think it was that Graveyeard quest that replaced Tempest and GC's - what was it called again?

I would POtP is catching fast though...

Barumar

Jaywade
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Pop's gotta be on top just cause it can be ran so quick I remember just after the merge I saw 8 pop lfm's up at one time....... I bet the reaver raid is closely behind it

Stormanne
09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
PotP, SC, VoN's 1-4, and Goodblades...lol

PurdueDave
09-18-2007, 09:34 PM
It'd say the most run is probably...

Giant Caves Classic (Brutes Barracks) - 2 min by the clock on the wall per cycle. There's a shrine. No end reward to collect. You could ransack it and then some in like 30 mins. Though nerfed and old-fashioned now, it was the main loot run for a very long time.

TossMe_the_Flying_D
09-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Durks :)

Aranticus
09-19-2007, 12:09 AM
kobold new ringleader

Jolani
09-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Sully's Grog! Think of all the platfarmers!

Fatal
09-19-2007, 12:36 AM
I think it was that Graveyeard quest that replaced Tempest and GC's - what was it called again?

Barumar

Beyond the Grave maybe?

Peace,
Fatal

Memnir
09-19-2007, 01:58 AM
I'd be more interested in what's the least run.

Borror0
09-19-2007, 03:03 AM

Any of the LotD2 quest... probably the one with water in it.

Mhykke
09-19-2007, 04:04 AM

Yep,
I barely remember that thing.

Oh, and most ran? Definitely PoP. Quests like stormcleave and stuff are run a lot, I agree. But after you get your xp and lvl, you're done w/ it. After you get your characters up in lvl, you run PoP quite a bit. Definitely the most run quest.

Tanka
09-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Agreed. I hate that quest. I can at least deal with the annoyance of some of the other ones, but that tomb is by far the most annoying quest ever.

MrCow
09-19-2007, 11:02 AM

As time goes on it and with people able to skip it, it will likely be Euphonia's Challenge for the least run quest.

Hendrik
09-19-2007, 11:09 AM
THE PIT!

:eek:

Hope I made someone shudder...

:p

Garrr! My work here is done matey!

Standpoint
09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I would think that PoP isn't the most run yet since it came out so late in the game compared to many other quests........my guess would be Stormcleave or Tangleroot.

As far as least run, my guess is Taming the Flames, since it was broken for like the first year the game was out. Absolutely NO ONE ran that quest, and most people still don't. Possibly Faithful departed, as it has a reputation of sucking big time.

tihocan
09-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I ransack Faithful Departed on all my characters!

Spell
09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Besides the top 10, I would like to see a list of the bottom 10 least played quests.

The_Ick
09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I would guess it would have to be either

1) Durk's has a secret
2) WW part 1
3) POP

My guess is Dirks. I am sure POP is quickly catching up, but Dirk has been around since the beggining.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-19-2007, 04:16 PM

Shadow anything.
Some house J quests....
That one near the entrance with the army of zombies, no shrine and nothing great in it. (I kinda like it though)
A few house J quests that everyone forgets....I wish I could remember the names.
Taming the flames.
STK helm quest.

Beherit_Baphomar
09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
STK, SC, TR, TS....

Least run? Stealthy Reposesion....

I remember the LOTD quest under the water....I will never forget it....

blakbyrd
09-19-2007, 04:37 PM
In regards to the OP, the question itself needs to be more defined.

As in:

- The most run quest since day 1? (my guess Stormcleave)
- The most run quest recently? (my guess PoP)
- The most run quest counted by groups or by individual person?

Each clarification above would present a different answer most likely.

Least run guesses (based upon assumption of counting in the time of availability over times run factor...to equal out new quests added more recently):

- Proof is in the Poison
- Freshen the Air
- Swiped Signet
- Stealthy Reposession
- Taming the Flames
- Threnal East3 (required for chain so probably no one of the least, but probably one of the most hated, at least for a long long time it was).

Hence
09-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Offering of Blood is probably really low on the quest count due to the bug with the bowls.

Or how about the Desert Caravan? That is deffinatly on the do not repeat list.

As for most played, Id wager PoP has blown the older quests away with number of times run.
Sure the "Classic" giant caves were run a bunch, but than you have people like me who would run that quest without killing anything, I would just run to the chests and open them. So I may have ransacked it countless times, but never actually triggered the quest completion counter.

I used to run TS a bunch, but that quest takes a bit longer than PoP. Plus, people skip those older goodies now and go straight for the EXP train that is PoP.

Lmjankus1
09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
The least run quests have to be Freshen the Air and Swiped Signet both highly more difficult than their stated levels and with less xp than deserved.

Dariuss
09-20-2007, 12:14 AM
I think it depends if you are asking for most run of all time (I'm gping to say Durk's) or most run of the last month (which I would think is PoP).

Litz
09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
In regards to the OP, the question itself needs to be more defined.

As in:

- The most run quest since day 1? (my guess Stormcleave)
- The most run quest recently? (my guess PoP)
- The most run quest counted by groups or by individual person?

Each clarification above would present a different answer most likely.

I would prefer to know since day one since I've been here that long, but I got a feeling the data they archived wouldn't be accurate for one reason or another, so I'm letting the person (Dev) who does this kind of thing decide on whats best. It would be an aproximation at best, but still better than just our guesses and opinions.

Cyr
09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
I too would love to see this data, perhaps shown in numerous ways.

1) total runs of each quest
2) runs of quests by time period (like each major update)
3) runs of quests by how old it is
4) runs of quests by xp compared to average xp for level of quest
5) runs of quests by total active chars of that level

This type of data would be very useful for the player base since it would give us hard data to show the unpopularity of certain quests and our observations as to why. Would be very nice for dev purposes (one would hope) to recieve some critical feedback as to why certain quests are complete flops on arrival or are hits with the players so they can design more of the hits and less of the flops (ie market research :)). And yes I am looking at you reaver (very popular all around) compared to lets see Reclamation or LOTD 2.