PDA

View Full Version : Clicking to 'join' an LFM multiple times?

Fourfingers
09-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Recent incident that I wanted to ask how this should be handled. Had an LFM up for 11-14 toons (any class) to fill the last two spots in my group. Within 60 seconds I had multiple people wanting to join (as you can guess it was a PoP Elite run) and I was trying to decide which of the people I wanted to get. I grabbed one person and was debating between the last two and asking party members if they had a preference between one or the other and a 3rd person requests to join, and join, and join. All in all they must have clicked join 30 times over the next 30 seconds. So, now not only do I have to scroll back up to see who the two original people who are who wanted to join, I have to deal with my chat window filling up with the same jack*** continuing to click join. So, first I sent a tell saying something to the effect of "do you mind knocking that **** off", which got no response - unless you consider more clicking 'join' a response. In hopes of ending this stream of fun I click decline for that person, because, someone like that I have little tolerance for, and no way do I intend to let them into my group. Next comes the /tell "how come u didn't accept??" and "why did u decline me????". But, apparently, and as I found out, declining someone doesn't prevent them from clicking join again (and still multiple times). The only way I found to end this madness was to accept one of the previous two people who requested to join, thus bringing down the LFM. After some further testing I found /squelch doesn't prevent someone from requesting to join your LFM, and nothing prevents someone from clicking join multiple times. That said, I'm not against filing a harrasment report against someone for being this annoying and wondering if this is how these types of incidents should be handled. Also I wanted to see if any changes are in the works.

Requested change: Once someone clicks join they're added to your list of people who've requested to join and thus shouldn't generate another "this person has requested blah blah blah" message.

Sparker
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Thats what I would advise, submit a Harassment report to a Senior GM and it will be investigated.

I'd recommend you post your suggestion about the way the LFM works on the Development section of the forums as the devs have a much better chance of seeing it there than in the InGame Support forum.

That said, I'm not against filing a harrasment report against someone for being this annoying and wondering if this is how these types of incidents should be handled. Also I wanted to see if any changes are in the works.

Requested change: Once someone clicks join they're added to your list of people who've requested to join and thus shouldn't generate another "this person has requested blah blah blah" message.