PDA

View Full Version : I need bags of holding!! STAT!!

Aspenor
09-15-2007, 08:37 AM
My rogue carries wands, weapons, scrolls, clickies, various different robes for situational use and thieves tools. I officially have 3 backpack slots in which to carry looted items. I need bags of holding!!! This is a STAPLE item of DnD. I want to hear no nonsense about portable holes, the weight of the items is still applied! Incorrect application!

Even if a bag of holding must be exclusive, fine by me!! Please include this item which is one of the most well known in DnD lore. I know the coding won't need to be all THAT much different than the coding for the new gem/collectable pouches. JUST DO IT!!!

Ringlord
09-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Don't you think it is a bit extreme to carry all that stuff? I mean I don't think the Boy Scouts are part of Eberron :D

I feel I pretty much carry stuff for every situation and I have a full pack of 20 spaces left for loot and that is with devoting another full 20 for arrows and another for potions.

I am not saying there should never be bags of holding found as loot, but they should be very rare because as it is the strength for most of our characters means we never become burdened with all the junk we carry.

dragnmoon
09-15-2007, 11:17 AM
What does STAT mean anyway?...and where did it come from? :D:rolleyes::p;)

I feel for ya... My rogue carries an over abundunce of stuff to. The curse of UMD.

Aspenor
09-15-2007, 11:22 AM
What does STAT mean anyway?...and where did it come from? :D:rolleyes::p;)

I feel for ya... My rogue carries an over abundunce of stuff to. The curse of UMD.

What you never watch hospital drama shows? :D

Furgulder
09-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I believe you already have 5 bags of holding dont you? I dont know any backpack that can hold 1 suit of full plate, let alone 20.

Aspenor
09-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I believe you already have 5 bags of holding dont you? I dont know any backpack that can hold 1 suit of full plate, let alone 20.

/slaps Furg

No soup for you!!!

But seriously, lets not try using logic as pertained to an MMO. What we have now is a backpack, I demand bags of holding.

RobDBlackwolf
09-15-2007, 11:41 AM
"stat" comes from the latin "statin". It is used in medicine as "very urgent".
As example Stat Lab orders. Those have highest priority and will be done as soon as they come in.

*sidenote* It is however not used through the overhead announcement system. "Dr. Bonehacker to the ER, stat" would be "Dr Bonehacker, please come to the ER, nine nine.", repeated twice.

Furgulder
09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
LOL so if they change the name to "Bag of Holding" for the 4th and 5th bag you get from House K it would be ok?

I mean what we have now are backpacks, which hold what 30lbs in D&D? Im pretty sure my backpack with a longsword of greater bane for each monster type at 5-6lbs a sword weighs more than 30lbs.

Then my 3 extra suits of armor, with spearblock/fearsome/deathblock weigh more than 30lbs.

We have bags of holding, they just call them backpacks.

Aspenor
09-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Regardless, with the massive amount of garbage our characters are hawling around, how can you be against this?

This is a game where a large part of your success and surviveability comes from the gear in your pack and how you use it.

It'd take very little time invested to put a highly useful item into the game.

btw, Furg is in awe of my physical stature. just thought everybody should know :D

dragnmoon
09-15-2007, 11:59 AM
"stat" comes from the latin "statin". It is used in medicine as "very urgent".
As example Stat Lab orders. Those have highest priority and will be done as soon as they come in.

*sidenote* It is however not used through the overhead announcement system. "Dr. Bonehacker to the ER, stat" would be "Dr Bonehacker, please come to the ER, nine nine.", repeated twice.

Statin?.... Or Statim?

dragnmoon
09-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Regardless, with the massive amount of garbage our characters are hawling around, how can you be against this?

Because you are for it..MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... :D:rolleyes:;):p

Just kidding,

With the new system of bags coming out soon, i think this would be a great addtion.

Aspenor
09-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Because you are for it..MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... :D:rolleyes:;):p

Just kidding,

With the new system of bags coming out soon, i think this would be a great addtion.

All opposition to Aspenor shall by smote by the dark emanations and sheer force of chaos put forth by his aura.

dragnmoon
09-15-2007, 02:17 PM
All opposition to Aspenor shall by smote by the dark emanations and sheer force of chaos put forth by his aura.

Can you Smote Developers? :D:p:rolleyes:;)

And I feel Fully Smotin? Smoted? Smitted? Smitten?

Aspenor
09-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Can you Smote Developers? :D:p:rolleyes:;)

And I feel Fully Smotin? Smoted? Smitted? Smitten?

Indeed.

SMOTE!!!

cryptic
09-15-2007, 04:59 PM
if not bags of holding. then give up belt pouches of holding

My rogue is feeling the UMD pain too

Vorn
09-15-2007, 07:31 PM
I seem to remember in the old Baldur's Gate II that there were certain items that expanded carrying capacity: a box to hold potions, a case that held scrolls, and so on. Perhaps there could be similar items. Make them rare. Make them exclusive. But make them!!!
:)
BTW--one of my all time favorite PnP items: Heward's Handy Haversack.

Off topic--can you imagine playing this game with only a single item for each slot, a couple or three weapons, and a couple of other items--Inconceivable!!!!
:eek:
(H'mmmm maybe that's a good contest idea....)

Borror0
09-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Indeed.

SMOTE!!!

Smote, what is that for? To kill those Can-Struck?

Ringlord
09-16-2007, 02:46 AM

You mean you're gonna fart? :D

wundernewb
09-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Heh, I submit that every new toon has a built-in bag of holding. Just look at how much weight and how many large items you can carry compared to the same character in a PnP game.....

Aspenor
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
I submit that if my will is not done the foundations of Stormreach shall shake and its buildings will topple. Children will run through the streets and animals will cry. The Maddness will descend over the city, and darkness shall be permanent.

Lorien_the_First_One
09-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I submit that if my will is not done the foundations of Stormreach shall shake and its buildings will topple. Children will run through the streets and animals will cry. The Maddness will descend over the city, and darkness shall be permanent.

Is that because on your command the TF will enmasse fire off all grease clickies and spells at the same moment...covering the city in grease and loosening the city from its foundations?

Edit: Oh, and you are right... We do need portable holes and bags of holding that work properly. My weakling sorc should be able to carry significantly more weight in the "portable hole" they fixed for me and yet it has neither the weight nor storage capacity it should.

(And yes, our current inventory system should also be overhalled...no way should I be able to carry 60 suits of armor on my back)