PDA

View Full Version : give your 3 suggestions for turbine on ddo.

gelgoog
09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Well as the title states, give 3 suggestions for turbine on ddo.
can be anything, but not too silly.

Wanna see a bug fixed, new armor templates, areas, less lag ...anything. As long as these suggestions should be about how to make the game of ddo better as well as get more new players to ddo.

Oh and even if anybodys suggestions were in some other forum posts, or if the suggestions are crazy so be it. Try not to attack people making suggestions for a game they love. Also base your suggestion on the game we are playing right now. Even if turbine has plans on bringing stuff in the future still suggest away.

I'll start with my 3 suggestions for turbine.

1. More customization for your characters look. Dyes for everything we equip on our characters, our physical looks (Fat, slightly overweight, more hair choices, short, tall....etc.)

2. A winter landscape area, similar to gianthold. Where you can see your footprints in the snow behind you as you walk. Cold weather monsters and enemies.

3. A night and day cycle that changes every hour. Night time would show great lighting effects in the streets with candles burning in windows and other magical lighting effects around stormreach.

/shrug

Taur
09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
1) new content
2) level cap increase
3) new content

captain1z
09-14-2007, 10:59 PM
1- Live quest events
2- crafting
3- lands beyond stormreach and the planes (we gotta get outta here)

additional

4- a hero and a villian to drive the storyline...someone we care about.

wide open maps with many cities like stormreach...planar travel......how about the underdark....the instance based questing would so favor underdark adventures.

slumbering_dragon
09-14-2007, 11:04 PM
1- random quest generator
2- more usfull spells example fly, water walk, alter self
3- second on the winter out door adventure and quests

Shankd_Dream
09-14-2007, 11:55 PM
1. New Races, Kobold, Gnome, Half-Orc, Goblin. +++ main Races of Ebberon, Changlings, etc.
2. New Classes, pref. Frost Ragers, True Necromancer, etc. BIG MUST= ARTIFICER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Third on the Winter Landscaping, etc.

Dingo123
09-14-2007, 11:58 PM
1. Pack Your Bags.
2. Write Everyone their last check.
3. Go home.

Borror0
09-15-2007, 12:30 AM
1. Pack Your Bags.
3. Go home.

If you want them to close the game, fine. Just cancel your subscription, don't post anymore and leave us alone.:D

Mine:

1. Do not, ever make AC worthless.
2. Better instancing in public zone. Why do you create the second only when the first is full?
3. More communication. Tell us what's coming ahead, it'll result in less trolling. :)

xberto
09-15-2007, 01:15 AM
1 - First and formost by a longshot would be to have deep traditional dungeons that have random spawns, loot, traps, and secrets. It's fun and intense to not know what lurks around the corner to eat you, and it promotes a balanced party because you don't know what to expect.

2 - Level increase.

3 - And I second this:More customization for your characters look. Dyes for everything we equip on our characters, our physical looks (Fat, slightly overweight, more hair choices, short, tall....etc.)

Qzipoun
09-15-2007, 01:27 AM
1. Release
2. Module
3. Five

Nirvana
09-15-2007, 03:23 AM
1) hire more programmers, designers to work on DDO project
2) release new content every month
3) do not delay any update

ManinBlaq
09-15-2007, 03:25 AM
1. Fix Ranged Combat
2. Righteous Might
3. Practiced Spellcaster (as feat or enhancement)

allhailyoda
09-15-2007, 05:56 AM
1. Pants
2. Bushmans/Slouch hat
3. Random trap and Mob positions (truly random not just it will appear in 1 of 3 positions)

Hendrik
09-15-2007, 07:29 AM
1. Pack Your Bags.
3. Go home.

Thank you for your constructive addition to this thread, Troll.

:rolleyes:

1. "Unfinished" maps of current Quests to be completed.
2. More skins for Equipment.
3. Stormcleave spawn issues resolved.

Girevik
09-15-2007, 08:10 AM
1) Some Random content (and I can live without "truly" random). If a deck of cards can lay out a series of "random" tunnels and encounters I can't believe it is beyond the capabilities of their software.

2) I'll take more skins -- or more customization of what we have. I would like to be able to shave, grow my beard out, or redo my hair, etc.

3) Make AC MORE useful by giving the mobs descending to-hit bonuses. I trust the mobs to not exploit this by kiting us. :)

Helmet
09-15-2007, 08:50 AM
fix ranged combat
fix ac/hp inflation balancing.
guildhousing/crafting. BETTER PVP!

Aspenor
09-15-2007, 08:51 AM
1. Communicate
2. Communicate
3. Communicate

cryptic
09-15-2007, 09:26 AM
1. More Randomization
2. More and better promotion of this great product
3. More custumization (dyes for equipment, cloaks to toggle on and off, when we get guild housing allow us to make a guild imblem and put it on our sheilds, cloaks, or get tattoos of it)

Leetsneaks101
09-15-2007, 11:15 AM
1. Dev communication with community
2. Fix AC / Ranged combat
3. PLEASE more skins for shields armor and weapons!
(One more for good luck)
4. ADVERTISE, or release a BIG expansion for around $30 with loads of stuff to bring people back!
(OK this one must be said)
5. TAKE OUT PVP AS SOON AS YOU CAN!! Think of other ways to kill time. Like ToonTown had the trolley games and you got money(jellybeans) from them too, though don't put any rewards for these in DDO!

Ron
09-15-2007, 12:15 PM
1) Make all content solo possible (not friendly, just possible, e.g. remove the arbitrary simultaneous switch mechanics)
2) As much as possible, force Mobs to use the same rules players do (which we seem to be moving toward, so that's good, e.g. mob trips)
3) Rebalance Mob ToHit vs. AC, such that AC no longer becomes totally useless, if level 14 fighters are running around in robes, something is broken
4) Don't design new content around the elites or allow item inflation to affect how you build dungeons. You will never be able to make content fast enough to satisfy the uber-twiniked elites, they cannot ever be happy, so it's basically a waste of time to try. Always design for the casual players and let the elites make the game more challenging for themselves with their own home rules. Alienate the casual player-base at your own peril!

Sorry, that was 4 :)

My anti-suggestion
1) no true randomization - because (random == generic and boring). I've seen it in game after game, random is BAD. I like my lovingly handcrafted dungeons, thanks. They are one of this game's biggest strengths! Although I'd support a certian amount of semi-randomness (e.g. traps placed in one of a number of possible places).

Xalted_Vol
09-15-2007, 12:24 PM
1. Try to stick to core rules like making AC matter and not just making monsters immune or (quick fixes).
2. I think the winter idea was a great one with cold based monsters. How about new skins for armor or shields that stuff goes along way in making you think you got new content even though its the same armor but styled differently.
3. I would like to see a new area or city Stormreach is getting old :(

Symar-FangofLloth
09-15-2007, 01:16 PM
1: Pants. Seconded.
2: More Customization of characters, and the ability to change current characters.
3: Make dwarven toughness not stack with class-based toughness.

Paragon
09-15-2007, 01:17 PM
1. Communicate! We want to know what's going on, ya know...

2. Make monsters play by the rules--give them spells to protect themselves rather than making them immune outright. I've seen a bit of this, like the clerics in PoP casting fom on themselves, but this should be the general rule every time a mob needs an immunity, with as few exceptions as possible. Give mob casters an sp limit and make them smart enough not to waste it when we're blocked or something. Make CONCENTRATION effect mobs too!

3. More content. Quests, not outdoor adventure areas, and on time, not 2+ months late.

CavernDragon
09-15-2007, 01:47 PM
1> Winter Landscape,
2> Deep Forest Landscape
3> New town/city quest

Gorby
09-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Think of other ways to kill time. Like ToonTown had the trolley games and you got money(jellybeans) from them too, though don't put any rewards for these in DDO!

You know its geting pretty bad when we are looking at ToonTown for suggestions on how to improve the game.

Hendrik
09-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Excellent thread and suggestions everyone, minus one.

THIS is how to get things looked at and make suggestions.

/bravo!

Borror0
09-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Excellent thread and suggestions everyone, minus one.

THIS is how to get things looked at and make suggestions.

/bravo!

Exaclty what I'm thinking.

That's the way for Turbine to see what we want, not the usual trolling we see recently. All good suggestions (beside one).

Ezzee
09-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree with a lot of what was said here. Some that I would just like to re-emphasize

1.) I'd like to be able to change the apperance of my character such as hair, scares, facial hair, not necessarily skin or eye color as well as weapons and armor where appropriate. I think this is an awesome idea.

2.) I like the idea of randomization to a point as well. Having everything in the same static location can make things kind of boring, so maybe change the location of traps or as someone else said have them in a few different possible locations.

3.) I'd like to see more classes/races as appropriate. Like Monk, Gnome, Kender, Arcane Trickster, half-orc.

Those are just some of my thoughts, like it or not.

Ron
09-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Oooh, oooh, I want to add one more to mine...

5) Individual volume controls for party members. So I can turn up those I can't hear and turn down those who are blasting out my eardrums :)

Vinos
09-15-2007, 04:13 PM
1: Greater character customization(apperance): You want a time sink? Give us the level of apperance options as CoX. I used to spend hours just designing my costumes.

2: Make AC matter again

3: Instead of just telling us something is delayed actually give us details. Most of us won't know what the heck you're talking about but it would let us know MOD 5 isn't delayed because Graal and Eladrin are still hungover from playing quarters at GENCON. Besides you never know. One of the many techno-geeks who play this game might be able to offer a suggestion on how to fix it.

cryptic
09-15-2007, 05:05 PM

5) Individual volume controls for party members. So I can turn up those I can't hear and turn down those who are blasting out my eardrums :)

yes, please please please

Gornin
09-15-2007, 05:10 PM
1. Finish out core classes and races ASAP
2. Character customization as mentioned in previous posts
3. Content including the winter one and lvl cap

Frodo_Lives
09-15-2007, 05:11 PM
1) Customization for characters, let us change hairstyles/clothes etc... Give us a way to change the appearace of armor/weapons/hats. Show our characters wearing cloaks if we equip them. That way Dave the fighter is going to have a very small chance of seeing his duplicate Steve the fighter.

2) Random dungeons (traps, mobs, chests, etc). You don't have to randomize every quest, just give us a couple for every level range (1-4,3-6,5-8,7-9,9-11,11-14). You don't even have to make the rewards and xp fantastic for them, but decent for the level range and I will almost guarantee that they will be the most run quests in the game.

3) Try to improve the balance in this game. Without super nerfs please.

Hendrik
09-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Seems like a general trend so far, not in any specific order, but the most mentioned things are;

Character Customization
Randomization
Communication
Outdoor Area

Everyone's suggestions are important, but looks like these so far have been repeated the most.

Partymaker
09-15-2007, 05:20 PM
1. Fix RANGED COMBAT... it's broken since MOD3, about time you guys do something about that... the biggest priority imho.

2. Fix all the crappy bugs that are there since launch... stupid Hobs that spam trip from 10 feet without making any attack rolls, scorps that bugs every now and then, para-holded mobs that can hit, cast and move, etc :rolleyes: About time they fix that too, after nearly two years...

3. Change the character slots authorized per account/server. We don't want 7 toons on 5 servers for a total of 45, we want 20-25 toons on THE server we choose and that we play on! 99.9% of the players don't care about the other servers they'll never play on..

KoboldKiller
09-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Ranged combat, all of it.

Stop with the seach animation, it's a die roll either you find it or you don't.

Oh, and FIX RANGED COMBAT!

cdbd3rd
09-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Stop with the search animation, it's a die roll either you find it or you don't.

Yeah. Tis kinda corny - and anyone with a FSD clickie is just gonna click the door instead of waiting for the rubbernecking animation to run. Intimidate went away, it's time for search to take a vacation as well. Or at least be greatly shortened.

Many good thoughts so far (except one).

1) It is time to expand us a more expansive open wilderness area, whatever the season. {Deep woods in wintertime?;) } Good starter areas so far, like Searing... Sorrowdusk even better, with the choice to run it, or eventually teleport past the wilderness if that's not your thing.

2) The more slots per server idea. We just had up to 15+ with the merge and the servers didn't die (too many times). 10-12 slots would be wunnerful. If database size is an issue, maybe give us a account-based setting for a "primary server" and only grant the extra character slots on that one server.

3) Advertising! Nuff said. Heck, even bumperstickers. I'd put a couple on the back of my Jeep, the wife's POS car, my mother's car.... :) ( I like this idea. I'm gonna make some calls....)

4) Seconds+ on many of the above answers.

Great thread.

Hendrik
09-15-2007, 08:29 PM
*snip*

3) Advertising! Nuff said. Heck, even bumperstickers. I'd put a couple on the back of my Jeep, the wife's POS car, my mother's car.... :) ( I like this idea. I'm gonna make some calls....)

4) Seconds+ on many of the above answers.

Great thread.

I'll take a bunch of those!

:)

DasLurch
09-15-2007, 08:35 PM
I like some of the other ideas, especially the winter zone (opposite of the desert after all...), but the 3 I'd reccommend are :

1. Raise the level cap, because this means MORE CONTENT!!!! :) I like that we haven't gotten to the end of all the quests you want to see int the game dev's, but 2 years after release ( at least) before we hit level 20 is a bit long. I don't want to reach the proverbial end, but the cap needs to go up again and a little quicker than it has.

2. I'd like to have a little more control over my character's appearance. Some new armor/weapon/helmet/shield looks would be great. Clothes to go along with robes for those dex types. You can make them exactly like robes stat wise, but with ASF unlike robes. Casters ought to have that robed look because of who they are. A barber in Stormreach would be a very welcome addition to town (this can be done easily with the favor system). There are some fun ways that this could be done, and it seems that it would be something the playerbase would really enjoy.

3. Fix the bugs/broken EXISTING items in game before adding more things like crafting/guild housing/more wilderness areas/more silly PVP stuff. I agree with the removal of some of the scrolls. I didn't like it, but I agree it was needed. The changes to the magic system look nice. The ranged combat needs a fix now. The weird issues people have had with shrines need to go away. Holds need to actually work when cast, and sooo many morethan we have time to name. I admit that I mostly want Stormcleave fixed because I'm tired of reading all the posts about how it doesn't work. Close it for a while if you have to, but please fix the stuff out there that needs fixing.

I would also like to add that I have found the game IMPROVED with each and every update. I don't think that this is a very common thing to find in a game like this, and want to tip my hat to the Dev's for the great work and effort so far. I just wish you could work faster is all :)

Great thread! *thumbs up! :D

Tous
09-15-2007, 08:50 PM
1. An marketplace outdoor instance, have it exactly like the MP, but like an outdoor area. (Trolls or giants take over the MP and you have to clear them out.) For added affect have the day and night cycle per OP's suggestion.

2. Low level Raid

3. Customizable UI

SlipperyPete
09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
1. New high level content
2. Fix the bug where that when hot bars are locked nothing can move
3. A bi-weekly/monthly newsletter

Clawstorm
09-15-2007, 09:56 PM
1 Advertise
2 Advertise
3 Advertise

Ironhorse9delta
09-16-2007, 12:40 AM
definitely would like to customize character look more, multiple sizes in all races. what they wear etc

Epsilom
09-16-2007, 08:01 AM
1 - Crafting (or another class)
2 - Guild/player housing
3 - 1 more race

Trang
09-16-2007, 09:23 AM
1. Class specific quests that help customize character, Low-Mid-high level. A specific enhancement, item, or such for that class.

2. Ability to finish of outdoor areas instead of leaving them unabandonable in quest list. And more outdoor areas!!

3. More vertical dungeons than horizontal, Levels like 4-6 and randomize the features.

Varis
09-16-2007, 09:24 AM
1. Get more staff so you can work on several module at once, being able to release one every month or 2. (advertise, pledge commitment, pledge to add content at specific dates and organize your teams so they can handle it)

2. There needs to be a story line that involves the community more. You pulled it off in AC1, why not here? Have that boss invade stormreach, let that dragon do breath runs, make those NPC's that show up for a short time, giving a very tough quest to a normally unaccessible location. Make a server wide announcement by some lord that they need us to do this or that.
Provide toys for those that do extra lore or storyline quests or give them special favor....

3. Add crafting, dancing skill, another freaking pair of underwear. (at this rate my character will get a STD and still be a virgin...)

You really got to give us a reason to log on 2 months after your module. Great stuff but it's like giving us 10 filet mignon with 4 bottles of chateau neuf du pape to last us 6 months.... not gonna happen.

Trang
09-16-2007, 09:27 AM
1. trade skills, my personal want crafting bows and arrows.
2. A slot for thief tools so you can choose which set to use.
3. Ability to control inventory, set certain bags for weapons, treasure, collectables, potions, wands etc. The cluster after each adventure is time consuming. I change weapons and sword is 4th bag and sheild is in first.

Trang
09-16-2007, 09:33 AM
1. A UI box showing item damage meter, the "hey your weapon is destroyed" kinda leaves ya in a spot.

2. Why when ya hit an exploding barrel doesnt it destroy the ones next to it, or set off chain of explosions if other explosive near?

3. Rogue usable traps that can be set to use against mobs, would spice up rogues a bit. Would even be cool if NPC detected a Player set trap and snuck up and disarmed it, not sure how doable but would be interesting.

Trang
09-16-2007, 09:38 AM
1.I have 5 fingers on each hand is it possible to maybe get extra ring slot on each hand?

2. More race's and Classes added

3. Revisit on some of the older quests to ensure they're xp and rewards are decent. Necropolis comes to mind.

KoolHand
09-16-2007, 09:54 AM
"OLD" bugs fixed..

a new expansion (paid $30), with 3 extra races, 3 classes, new content, including the surrounding islands, lvl cap raise to 20. This would bring back many old faces :D

timesinks such as crafting, guildhousing and guild banks, guild logos on armor

Kingfish
09-16-2007, 10:21 AM
1.I have 5 fingers on each hand is it possible to maybe get extra ring slot on each hand?

That’s OLD D&D rules...I am just glad they don't have the chance of 'mixing' potions internally (explosive potential).

As for the suggestions though;

1. Advertise or at least allow for a "Friends of DDO Foundation" and let someone ELSE collect funds and advertise for ya.

2. Random Dungeons

3. A full out PAY expansion is long over due! What KoolHand was describing is exactly what I was thinking. Surely a $29.99 to $39.99 price tag would 'justify' the expediting of this.

Otherwise I fear what we are describing in this thread is actually DDO 2; 'Sharn: City of Towers'

Symar-FangofLloth
09-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Otherwise I fear what we are describing in this thread is actually DDO 2; 'Sharn: City of Towers'

I'd be fine with that... if there was some way to transfer characters to that game, heh.

Trang
09-16-2007, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Kingfish;1347725]That’s OLD D&D rules...I am just glad they don't have the chance of 'mixing' potions internally (explosive potential).

Does that make it invalid? Not really cracked up with 3.5 rules or ebberon anyhow, but endure them.

3 more:

1. linux client(no windowed wine or other emulator version)
2. unicorns
3. food/drink I can eat in a dungeon

Trang
09-16-2007, 10:56 AM
1. Spikes so I can spike a door open!
2. Player usable rope.
3. all pvp to be moved out to harbor past the lighthouse in underwater instance arena, so its out of site and mind.

moonprophet
09-16-2007, 11:59 AM
1. More character customization both at creation (body types (height and weight variences), base faces, ect...) and throughout the game (redying armor/robes, accessorizing or adding enchantments to existing armor, changing hair color, ect...)

2. Some reason to collect gems.

3. Re-vamp of experience point system so that it takes into acccount the number of people in the party and total level of the party. This is more in line with the 3rd edition rules if I am not mistaken.

Theris
09-16-2007, 01:40 PM
1) A marketing program that includes collaboration with other D&D companies and is in sync with other D&D branded products. For example, 4e is coming out in 2008, so why not include a DDO DVD demo disc or Extended Trial Keys with the new books -- heck why not inside the new Eberron Campaign Supplement Books?

2) A Public Relations Department that is active in re-establishing your expertise among your peers, the press, your potential clients, and current customers, through the use of their loyal fan base. In my opinion, there is little effort on Turbine's part to connect with its fans on more then just a basic customer service relationship. I believe that DDO fans are loyal; why not leverage this loyalty to your advantage?

3) Allow fans to submit complete quest content for the game. You could use volunteers as a part of a system that checks submissions. This is just an idea to really involve players into the game.

Mr._Dna
09-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I hope turbine is looking at this...a lot of people are saying the same things:

For me, I really thought about it, and there are only 3 things I REALLY need to have in the next 6-9 months to keep me hanging around.

1. 2 more levels.
2. A new class.
3. A new race.

Sokar6000
09-16-2007, 02:49 PM
1. Pack Your Bags.
3. Go home.

You're not helping. >:(

1) Definate on the winter adventure area. This also gives the oppurtunity to add a second city as a base camp, because of the amount of traveling involved. (Geographically speaking) Stormreach is (realatively) close to the equator.

2) Druids!

3) Polearms!

Henrieta
09-16-2007, 03:16 PM
1. Underground city location (drow? dwarf? fungi?) ...that can be reached by traveling through those previously mentioned vertical quests. Maybe travelers around this vast open city can be open to attacks by umberhulks, otyughs, hook horrors, fungi, living spells, gelatinous cubes, remorrhaz's, demons, etc. These attacks can be randomized.

2. More monster variety. Where are the strange and unusual creatures that make us read the monster manual for fun? Stop rehashing humanoids, wolves, and oozes.

3. Remember that you have knowledgable professionals playing the game who would volunteer time to help correct things like armor class, ranged attacks, adding spells and weapons.

Geonis
09-16-2007, 03:48 PM
1 - Go to WOTC.

2 - Tell them you need a full set of all 3.5 books.

3 - Incorporate more of the hundreds of feats and thousands of spells available, most of which would be extremely easy to work into the game. :D

Kambuk
09-16-2007, 04:14 PM
1. Make melee To hit progression correct this will fix ranged combat somewhat as well as AC's would get lowered to sane levels.

2. Large quest chain ending in a raid using current city outdoor zones i.e. city overrun, take it back and defeat boss.

3. New City, Starting point for Half-Orcs, new set of lowbie quests can't even make it to stormreach till lvl 8+? new chrs can choose where to be dropped off. (Possible evil city can't start there if good aligned, quests more of an evil theme)

Aesop
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM
1. Finish implementing the Players Handbook. This includes Classes, Feats, Spells, Items (polearms and Alchemist Fire would be nice) and Races. Level 20 will get here but before we get level 20 the rest of this should be ready for it. Also work on adding more from the Eberron Campaign Setting at the same time. Like Dinosaurs... this is Xendrick after all... ya know big on jungle full of dinos.

2. Please adjust Ranged Combat to be more desirable. See the following link for my thoughts on the whole thing... there is other stuff there as well if ya feel like reading through it
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117864&highlight=aesop

3. Underwater Combat. That's right I want to fight sharks and Kraken and Leviathan and other thingies. That would be the bomb diggity. ;) Also it would go a long way towards making flying possible. Just make flight cap out as high as characters are allowed to jump in most dungeons and later content you can make it so that the restriction is removed. :)

Aesop

ps I have lots more but ya said 3 :)

Samadhi
09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Quicker level cap increases...
Quicker level cap increases..
Quicker level cap increases.

Yaskin_Foritt
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
First, thank-you turbine and all of the staff who work hard to keep us in kobolds, trolls, and dragons. 8)

1. BIG lv cap increase, like lv 30 or even 50.
2. BIG world map: different cities, regions so outside travel w randon encounters is available. You know, mounts at a certain level, etc.
3. Faerun or Dragonlance needs to be added. Make them different planes or something. Travel to and from could be done via portals or powerful NPCs. Make these worlds more like your LOTR world, i.e. HUGE, scrolling, (if that's the right term) environments w towns, cities, encampments, swamps, mountains, ruins, lost cities, jungles, and stuff like that.

As it is currently the DDO world is to confining. You all have an excellent chance to add tons of new content, the AD&D world is vast. I really like AD&D. I'm really happy someone decided to come up w DDO. But I'm dissapointed in the lack of content, the confining feeling, and the super slow increases in the lv. cal and character race and profession choices.

AND you all need to advertise more: TV, online, whatever. Add content, make a world map, increase level cap and advertise the _ell out of the fact that you are. You could work this into a re-release style deal. You have everything to gain from this.

LogannX
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
1. Stick to your vision not the whiners on the forums vision.
2. Dont turn this into WoW or eq2 or whatever. Whne i want to play a game like that I go play eq2.
3.Another raid like tempest spine. Just 1 though this isnt a raid game we dont need more than 1 per module. Win or lose , solo or 12 people, reaver raid is not fun in any way shape or form.

Tharris
09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
1. Ranged combat

2. Randomise traps and mob spawning etc

3. DDO 2. No enhancement system, just levels. No massively overpowering us or mobs. If at lvl 14 I have a +3 weapon and 30 AC, that should make me pretty legendary, I should not need a +7 weapon(s) and an AC in the 50's.

Kargon
09-16-2007, 07:57 PM
1. 50% stridamers.
2. 75% stridamers.
3. 100% stridamers.

Yvonne_Blacksword
09-16-2007, 09:58 PM
1.) unlimited character slots
2.) more room in my back pack
3.) more levels
;p
/hides all her Tasty Ham

Aesop
09-17-2007, 12:06 AM
1. 50% stridamers.
2. 75% stridamers.
3. 100% stridamers.

The best I have is a 30% stridamer :)

Aesop

Ghoste
09-17-2007, 12:11 AM
1. Pack Your Bags.
3. Go home.
1. Give away all your gear.
2. Tell your in game friends goodbye.
3. Cancel your subscription.

Now before you go getting upset at that response, please actually compare it to your three requests; it would be giving you exactly what you asked for on a personal level.

stonecircle
09-17-2007, 11:28 AM
1) Better community announcements. I was very unhappy that I renewed thinking Mod 5 was a week away only to find out its been postponed a month. Info like this should be available outside of the risia forums, so I can check out the status even if Im not subscribed that month. Having been here since beta I feel I wasted money and was tricked into coming back too early. Now im burnt out again on old material.

2) Close Risia and get paid ( or free Subscription) testers. Every time a new module comes out its ruined the first day by people that wanna zerg you through or have found exploits in Risia that they dont report and use to loot run. Risia is just bad for the community as a whole, especially for those that value fun over loot. Youll be lucky if the party will even wait for you when you try and run out to quest.

3) Dont ever convert to 4.0 and in general stop doing things just because people say its in PnP. Im not waiting for a massive change in rules to 4.0. I hope WoTC isnt going to make you do this. If you as Devs cant see and explain to people the differences between having a live DM and DDO, friendly fire vs no fire, etc... then the game will be the victim of unecessary compromise.

stonecircle
09-17-2007, 11:30 AM
3. Underwater Combat. That's right I want to fight sharks and Kraken and Leviathan and other thingies. That would be the bomb diggity. ;) Also it would go a long way towards making flying possible. Just make flight cap out as high as characters are allowed to jump in most dungeons and later content you can make it so that the restriction is removed. :)

Aesop

ps I have lots more but ya said 3 :)

Yeah underwater combat would be great!!

TechOgre
09-17-2007, 12:12 PM
1) Random Dungeons. Even a semi random one that changes weekly would be nice. I suspect they have some kind of tool to piece together maps, attach some logic and a random number generator and 80% of the work is done.

2) Social Adventures. Something like a who-dun-it at a party. You have to speak to various people to discover who is the villain, etc. Include some randomness as far as who to speak to. The dialog is a decision tree, with different characters getting a different chunk of dialog each time. This will be so you don't always go to the third dwarf on the left.

3) Live Events. Kobolds running in the street! Chaos everywhere! Cats and dogs living together!

Stuff I would like, but can live without:

- player housing
- a tie in to the upcoming 4th edition virtual table top
- more character customization.

llevenbaxx
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
1) More feats from the core D&D books

2)Stop the enhancement lines where they are.(Adding different ones ok)

3)A new city would be cool too.

Varis
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
1. add classes, prestige classes, content, level cap to 20, storyline, 100+ new quests!

2. put some money and effort into that, at the level of giant hold

3. charge us 30 or even 50 bucks for it to cover the cost.

Dane_McArdy
09-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Side solo quests. Similar to the helm quest in STK.

You get an item, that allows you to access a solo side quest, lets say it takes place in Stormreach, you have to enter a building.

The quest is designed around classes, but the layout is always the same, the goal is generally the same, but the methods used are different.

For example, for a rogue, perhaps a lot of the quest depends on hiding and sneaking. For a fighter, the direct method. For a bard, perhaps some diplomacy and music/magic.

The quest doesn't take long, and the end reward is a choice of items for your class.

More siege quests like Kobold Assault, but even more interesting. Like seige weapons, that a player can sit in, and fire things at the hoards. So while one player does that, another could lead a bunch of soldiers into the fray, and the soldiers do as well as the player is doing. The more and faster he kills (and stay's alive) the better they do. Once he starts dropping in hit points, so do soldiers damage, and some die.

Perhaps a rogue can sneak off and steal something from the camp of the enemy, which helps turn the tide of battle.

If wizards and sorcerers can charm officers, they and a small amount of their soldiers turn and fight for the players.

Third, a quest that is a comedy of errors. I think that would be refreshing and fun!

Shaamis
09-17-2007, 01:56 PM
1. Pack Your Bags.
3. Go home.

These answers are:
1. Un-needed
2. Un-wanted
3. Un-inspired

You obviously don't like DDO, so just leave for a year, and come back, to see if it's to your liking then. Don't say you are complaining because you love this game, otherwise offer constructive ideas.

Please offer constructive ideas, otherwise you are just whining.

I have not read all of your comments, but have you offered ANY constructive ideas or comments, at all?

Check this out.....

My suggestions:

1) New classes
2) New Races
3) New Armor/weapon/cloaks/spell graphics and animation.

Not hard.

Sincerely,

Borrigain
09-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Kobolds running in the street! Chaos everywhere! Cats and dogs living together!

"Human sacrifice......mass hysteria!" :D Thank you Dr. Venkman :) for making me smile.

Ok, now for my ideas:

1. Fix the “to-hit” progression. Bonuses do NOT go up in DnD. Drop succeeding swings like it’s supposed to in PnP. Then AC will have meaning again. (go out and get a 2-hander and try it. I have a 2-handed flamberge, it's not easy to swing it multiple times and stay accurate)

2. Make rogues meaningful. Give them the ability to spike doors, climb walls and lower ropes, and set traps (nothing more exciting than getting the mobs attention with an arrow and then dragging the dummy mob back thru a nice deadly sonic or electric trap :eek: ).

3. Free-fire zone. For the PvP spawn-camping types. I mentioned this elsewhere but I still think it would be a good idea if a town was created for future update (with a couple of quests out there) that would be accessed by an NPC in marketplace. When you talk to him, he offers “teleport” or “walk” there. If you choose teleport, no biggie, bang! you are there. No skin off your back. If you chose walk, you are now in “free-fire” zone that allows PvP and some small encounters (that can be spawn camped) that offer some collectible or rare item, side quest, etc. Make it pretty big (like desert) and if you run across another party or individual, a dialogue box opens with “You run across another party. Do you engage?” or something to that effect. Both parties have to agree “yes” to make it PvP. This would be to prevent griefing by 6-man parties beating up on individuals or groups with glaring level differences.

Oh, and I love the idea of winter wilderness wonderland. :)

Borr.

Jarred_Jarrax
09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Three things I'd like to see that haven't already been mentioned (that I saw, anyway):

1) Add evil alignment. This could be done easily with faction/favor that's already there. Helping one group results in less favor in another, etc. Different quests (or quest goals) could be based on alignment. In fact, have an "alignment" faction for good/evil & law/chaos, or each quest is designated good/neutral/evil. To many "evil" quests for a pally and...

2) Increase the role-playing element. We don't all have to be purely RP or none at all, but we want to feel like we can be our character sometimes. This could be tied to #1. Certain NPCs wouldn't deal with evil characters unless you can intimidate, bribe, etc. Fighters would get kicked out of that wizard's den if they tried to enter. Right now, every one has to say the same thing to every NPC and they get the same result (and no, calling the hobgoblin in Cabal a liar and killing him doesn't count because no one is going to give up that other end chest). In short, make different choices and results available based on class, skills and alignment, and make it matter.

3) Pets and familiars. Not just random summoned monsters, but named, persistent pets with stats you can see and maybe even alter (like maybe each pet has one slot to wear one item to increase str or whatever). Different pets give different effects (a bat familiar increases SP, an owl could give +1 WIS). Have the ranger's wolf or sorcerers familiar mean something (and that would include negative aspects as well, like if the wolf dies, the ranger loses 1 CON or something and can't re-summon in the same instance).

Of course, I'm sure it's easier said than done with all of these, with plenty of little details to work out, to say nothing of the technical (coding) difficulties. But everyone would enjoy the game more and positive word-of-mouth could bring in new ppl.

sigtrent
09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
#1. Search your hearts, brainstorm, and get inspired to find a way to turn out playable content faster. It just takes too long to turn out quests for the game and too long for new classes/monsters to make their debut in the game.

#2. Come up with some kind of arena quest that simply generates monsters and traps and combinations there of to challenge people. One would be like the arena pits but it cranks out monsters based on the characters in the pit, and another where a party can go in and select a difficulty or settings of some kind that makes an appropriate challenge for them with some semi-random mosnter selection. It's great becasue you can add options over time without much additional work and it keeps people busy.

#3. Make the next level bump 4 or 6 levels if at all possible. If we can just get that out of the way we can dive into pure content generation or new classs.

THE REVOLUTION
Find a way to enable fans to create meaningfull content for the game. There is a well of talent that is yours for the taking if you can figure out how to do it well.

Symar-FangofLloth
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
I've seen posted a couple times that people want the to-hit progression fixed. The only way that will work, is if they slow down your attack speed at low levels, so when you do hit higher BAB and gain more attacks, it's actually worth it. Right now, no matter your BAB, you get the same number of hits per minute. The higher to-hit is there instead of multiple attacks. At least, this is the way I understand it. If they were to drop it and keep the same speed at high and low levels, then you'd see anyone who cares a darn if they hit doing two swings and then stopping, then two swings and stopping, so they don't get all those penalties.
I hope that makes sense, and is accurate, and informs people ;) .

DME543
09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
1. Make ranged weapons more productive/useful.
2. In wilderness areas allow Rangers to use their tracking abilities.
3. Expand the Rogue abilities. IE set traps, climb walls, spike doors.

Katrina
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
1) More races... Shifters, Kalashtar, Changelings, Orcs, Gnomes (in that order ;))
2) More DragonMarks
3) More of exactly what your doing!

Mad_Bombardier
09-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Right now, no matter your BAB, you get the same number of hits per minute.Incorrect. There is an attack speed difference as you level up/gain BAB. It's just not the 2, 3, and 4 to 1 attacks/time ratios of PnP.

Ringlord
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I would like to see:

1. Real animal companions for Rangers ( and familiars for Wiz/Sorc )
2. Add something like the in game card game EQ and EQ2 just added or other
games we can play in taverns. RP people will love it and so will most
everyone else. Make them Eberron specific of course. Maybe a dice game
or something like chess or checkers
3. Give us the music system from LoTRO

I had a 4th one and a 5th one, but the thread says only 3 so... :)

Nonan
09-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Three Things I would Like to see:

1) New content. Would it be possible for some of the more creative (and not so creative) minds in the player ranks to submit content that the designers could work from? It seems we have a lot of ideas out there, how about devise some devious quest and see if your fellow players could get through it. It will probably be tougher than you expect, we are sneeky bastages!!!!

2) Limit the twinking of characters. This needs to be done. If I can PL a toon then anyone can. Make doing quests worth something and limit the acceptable group range, especially at higher levels. Getting to level 14 should take some work and I bet the average palyer would enjoy the game more. Assign exp bonuses for doing all quests, in order of difficulty, or something similiar. Reward the grinder. Also, severly penalize (even more so than now) toons that are doing quests that are either too high or low for their level.

Maybe assign a point value to items and limit the number of points of gear a toon can have based on level. Also limit pluses to the according levels, even with RR. Reward toons that complete all raids by increasing their point total so they can have more uber loot and thus wear more.

3) Some how, some way, incorporate either an augmentation or ability to add/delete attributes to an item. Make the item bound to the toon when you do that but be able to add keen or seeker or someother attribute to an item. Make the cost prohibitive and also have the ability of failure. T(Watch adding augments to any valuable Item!!!) This could coincide with carfting and make a good crafter a valuable assets to the game.

3 of the many Ideas I have!!

Arramis
09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
1. Communicate. (cannot be over-stated, let us know what's going on.)
2. The passage of time. Change the seasons and, as stated earlier, a day/night cycle would be nice. Ya know, close all the shops after sundown (except the pubs and taverns of course) move all NPCs off the streets, introduce "night" sounds. (crickets, a wolf howling, a far off scream.) It would add to the "flavor" of the game.
3. More outdoor areas. Connected to other outdoor areas.

Well, that's my 3.:)

Twerpp
09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Cleric Domains and Spell Schools would be nice and probably not too difficult to implement properly.

gelgoog
09-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Nice job everyone. Some really great suggestions in this thread.

I know it was really hard to only pick 3 out of the many suggestions we all have. But i figured that it would be an easier read with only 3 rather then say 5.

Again nice job posters.

p.s.
4. Make red named boss immunities the way they were before gianthold mod. So i can improve trip and stun them again. Sorry i had to put this one up since it bugs me so much.

darn broke my own rules.
/shrug

bmacclellan0001
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Firstly: More classes, spacificly I'd like to see druids, monks, warlocks, and red dragon deciple.

Second: more races, at least the rest of the standard races such as half elf, gnome, and half orc, though I'd also like to see some more "favor points" required races such as mabie half ogre, ect.

Third: Animal companions and familures.

Other than that just some more spells when possable, no rush. And I love this game, keep it up. :)

HumanJHawkins
09-19-2007, 03:31 PM
If you want them to close the game, fine. Just cancel your subscription, don't post anymore and leave us alone.:D

What he said, except minus the smiley face.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-19-2007, 03:32 PM
!. don't let this game die! ever. Do whatever it takes to keep it profitable for you and fun for us. More customers=more profit. More profit=equals more staff. More staff=more content. More content=more customers!
(do not include all of the stupid classes/monsters that PnP D&D has, choose long established or very good new content)

2. Druids

3. fix bugs.....real bugs......not /death, that was not a bug. My missing bow attacks.....that's a bug.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd be fine with that... if there was some way to transfer characters to that game, heh.

Exactly.....I want to keep my old toons, but I'm willing to pay for more content. I love this game......don't want to buy another....but I want this one to improve.

Cyr
09-20-2007, 01:44 PM
1) Content delived on time every month.
2) All new dungeons at level cap or above, no more low level junk we have enough and if you do this we will have enough of 14-15 when teh cap goes up.
3) Stop tinkering with base rules...it has caused many people to leave over what really were not issues that players were leaving over when not 'fixed'...ie never heard one person say I am leaving the game because of being able to evade in heavy armor, but heard 2 personally say they were leaving because when they changed it they felt like their particular build was inordinatly hurt by the change...felt devs did not listen to their concerns and felt that devs were being randomly selective with what classes/builds were being hurt by this and past 'fixes'.

Grayleaf
09-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Great ideas all!

Mine would be-

1. Serious outdoors areas like the suggested deep wood an winter mountains. That would so rock....winter would make it slippery...hehe. Can we also then add a emote.../throw snowball.

2. Increase the clothing choices. Dyes for armor an items we find an to be able to wear pants or dresses for the gals while there just running about town. I like how we were able to find dye plants around while in Asherons Call. So funny to be in the middle of clobbering a villan an see a plantof to the side...''hey, a plant!''

3. I would love animal companions for the rangers an to fixed ranged in general. My archers just aren't on par with what everyone else can do. I don't feel I am a benifite to the party if I can't at least support myself an get a modest kill count. Maybe that's just me, but ranged is gimped.

P.S. loved the idea about control the volumn of other party members...some are screaming in mics...lol.

Jolani
09-20-2007, 03:11 PM
1) A lot more content, even if it sucks, but better if it doesn't.
2) More classes, races, and feats. We're missing so much. *cough*Zen Archery*cough*
3) Ancient bug fixes. Female Halfling STILL missing an attack animation!

Torrhen
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
My suggestions:

1) New content: New quests, classes (base and prestige)
2) Level cap increase
3) Offline character and inventory management tools

Nothing fancy for #3, I'd just like an easy way to be able to dump a character data sheet into a file that can be viewed offline. The file could include all the characters stats, enhancements, and especially equipment (bank included!). I'm a bit of a pack rat myself, so this would be useful

This idea has been posted by others on the forums, so it's not a new idea by any means.

kailus
09-20-2007, 03:47 PM
1) Fix lost attacks and heal pots (ranged and etc). This makes me want to quit
2) Monks/Druilds
3) fix aggro, my wizard draws agro eating twinkies in the back row.
4) ditch the rogue, isn't implemented as worthwhile at high levels, should be axed. replace with assassin and w/one shot kills.
5) Why do I look like everyone else? All the chicks in this game are hot but I think they are all sisters. That's more dangerous than any Dragon.

muffinlad
09-20-2007, 04:04 PM
1) Ranged Combat, fixed, faster and balanced for both sides.

2) Guild Housing, leading into "Player Fiefs" in the long term (perhaps as a paid expansion), which will allow for Player generated content.

3) LARGER Raids (perhaps up to 24 people) that are playable at a flexible level (raid for levels 4-7, 8 -11, 12 -14) in a landscape setting (Re-Take the marketplace was mentioned)

Who_Knows
09-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Bring the people back from LOTR to finish the work here first.
second third and forth that thought about making the encounters RANDOM!!!!!!
Follow the concept of the game (you know D&D)
Make it worth the money we pay
Stop putting sugar on the cornflakes
for the person who said pack up and leave....well that is a though.
Bring some monster into town, make them MEAN, FASTER, HARDER to KILL, SMARTER...I am sure they know teleport away. Have them attack random areas where the "town" folk and players can get into a juicy battle......

Take away the static movements....so players are unable to predict where monsters are.

Make it almost impossible for solo'ing the upper end adventures that just does not make sense....

Foenorth
09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
1 - First and formost by a longshot would be to have deep traditional dungeons that have random spawns, loot, traps, and secrets. It's fun and intense to not know what lurks around the corner to eat you, and it promotes a balanced party because you don't know what to expect.

2 - Level increase.

3 - And I second this:More customization for your characters look. Dyes for everything we equip on our characters, our physical looks (Fat, slightly overweight, more hair choices, short, tall....etc.)

AMEN!!

Zarbryn
09-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Kudo's to the Whole community (-1) for making and keeping this thread as great as it is. (see turbine anything is possible!! :D )

anyway i'll throw in my .02 coppers even though mine will be the same as so many of the other great one's.

1. Paid expansion. Do you guys/gals know what that could do for this game?? $29.99 from already paying player base, re-subscribers, and newbies!! Seriously, pack it with another City where the first time you have to walk and get through the content, but after that you can teleport. New races, classes mobs... oh the possibilites. :cool:

2. Winter/Deep Forest areas. With the Graphics you've already produced a winter wilderness would be nothing short of spectacular. As others said, foot prints that fade etc... Think of an Area for Wilderness that looked like something out of Endor in Jedi... Trees that are 10 thick, with a huge canopy above, easy on the annoying under brush as well. You should be able to look out in front of you and just see huge tree trunks (that you can hide behind or spring a trap) or a few huge toppled trees that you could climb all over or jump down on top of unsuspecting Bugbears.

3. And of course Different graphics for equipment, character etc. We should be able to throw down a couple coppers or a silver for a haircut, shave, dye for clothes etc...

(oh yeah and fix ranged combat... my Ranger is developing a worthless complex and my bank account can't take purchasing him a whole new sets of swords to replace the worthless (but expensive) set of bows he has...)

The_Family_Mordiff
09-20-2007, 06:42 PM
1. Guild Halls
2. Let's use the House storylines a bit more, and gain and lose favor according to who you help or hurt.
3. Reflex save should result in a physical movement graphic instead of a blue diamond overhead while a giant knife blade passes ethereally through your body.

Lo_Pan
09-20-2007, 07:32 PM
1. Release level cap to 16, and release info for increase to 20!
2. More raid content across all lvls, I'd like to see a lvl 5 raid here!
3. More areas to play in: I.E: the rest of Eberron .

Deragoth
09-21-2007, 09:54 AM

Wow, that's a great idea. You'll have to mess around with the control for every group, so maybe a quickbutton next to the grouping button? Or make it a right click menu option, like promote.

Seriously, this would rock.

HumanJHawkins
09-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I'll give each of the three as I think of them... So here is just #1:

1) Quests Are Never Finished: Don't hesitate to make radical changes to quests if needed after quests are rolled out. Mainly, I am thinking about the level rating of quests...

Do some data analysis about quests... Which are run a lot and which aren't. Then ask (unless it is obvious) why no one is running quest X.

a. If it is too hard for the level it is rated at, change the level! Stop tweaking difficulty to handle this unless there is an actual probelm with the quest... If you made it too hard for a certain planned level, just bump the level up. And visa versa. For example, Proof is in the poison should probably be bumped up a couple. PoP should probably be dropped down a couple.

b. XP reward should be about 100 per minute for a new party (at level) going slow and careful, or maybe 250 per minute for an experienced party. Measure the averages of this and adjust XP if necessary.

c. If people aren't playing a quest that has fair XP and loot, consider that it might just not be fun. Take it back to the drawing board and figure out what is wrong with it, then fix it... Or, it might just be that no one knows about it, or no one can find it... Adjust accoridingly.

The theory behind this suggestion is that there is a lot of content not being run... And it would be much more productive to spend 2 days fixing some flaw in an otherwise good quest, than spending weeks wrioting a new one that also might turn out to be flawed.

akla_thornfist
09-21-2007, 07:25 PM
1 ability to change your apperance after creation

2 communicate with the players better

3 more raids like tempest spine, the reaver is boring

4 more special events in game

gelgoog
09-23-2007, 08:20 AM
/salute To all who posted and hopefully post in the future.
Never thought that this many would post on this topic. lol.

Again great suggestions everyone.

More suggestions the better!

/cheer

BlueClaw
09-23-2007, 09:16 AM
1) Player housing. Give us a place we can edit and decorate. Give us something we can sink our time and plat into beside huddling around the the auctioneer feeding the damn plat farmers.

And Please dont mistake a guild hall for what im asking for. Contrary to popular belief Guild halls alone can be more damaging then helpful. If every edit costs the guild plat then only the leader or chosen few will be allowed to play with the editor. If guild members are required to contribute plat and arnt allowed to design anything they will quit and form their own guild just to design their own hall. On the otherside of the coin if guild halls require tons of plat to build and maintain the small guilds will lose player to bigger guilds.

Save us all the headache give each player their own little piece of Stormreach.

2) Crafting. Give us something to do besides farming the same quests over and over and over. I read LOTR has crafting. Since im sure you devs took alot of what you learned here to make that game why dont you take some of their stuff and bring it here. I dont care if what i craft is uber or not i just want something to do. It could be something as mundane as fishing or farming or making weak a** magic items. ANYTHING to eat up time between updates.

3) the abilty to alter our appearence, dye armor, change armor, or weapon models(Some of your armor models just beg to have their creators drug tested) and such.

Jomee
09-23-2007, 11:14 AM
1. Bug Fixes
2. New Areas - The Planes sounds interesting. Different monsters too, stop uberizing the same old ones by making them do 200hp damage per hit and immune to everything thinking this is fresh content!
3. Crafting

Blyte
09-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Over all, I want new content in general. But if I had to itemize the top 3.

1. Druids (the game needs another healer)
2. lvl cap raise
3. More spells/feats

Most of all, the rate at which new content is added is simply too slow... I took a year long break from the game and was pleased when I came back. It's looking like it might be time for another year break so I can have some significant advancement in content to enjoy.

Stop focusing on "bug" fixes and tweaks. Please give us bold advances.

my 2 copper.

VonBek
09-23-2007, 01:12 PM
3) Offline character and inventory management tools

Nothing fancy for #3, I'd just like an easy way to be able to dump a character data sheet into a file that can be viewed offline. The file could include all the characters stats, enhancements, and especially equipment (bank included!). I'm a bit of a pack rat myself, so this would be useful

This idea has been posted by others on the forums, so it's not a new idea by any means.
Agreed. Most of us who play have internet access from a number of locations and times; we'd like to plan, scheme, and generally enjoy our vested interest from machines or networks that cannot load the client.
Breath some life into the setting. A bit of character customization, post creation, changes to the NPCs in an area (how long has that guy been washing that window), just minor additions/deletions to give the sense that the city on the frontier is not stuck in time, and allow characters to change with it. Could we get a "light model" warforged (squishyforged?) for the Ranger/Rogue/Arcane crowd?
Generate some content challenging skills other than hit point maintenance & depletion. Quests overtly testing player and character skills other than AC/HP/DPS/SP can entertain us as well. Tension and adrenaline can result from chasing, getting chased, hiding, evading, mystery, suspense. Plenty of books, movies and TV shows exploit this, I'd like this virtual world to benefit as well.

HFGfeather
09-23-2007, 01:15 PM
1. It is time for crafting to be able to customize our look our armor weapons and such. Crafting will also help in other areas. A reason for collecting gems = crafting maybe? Say I see a Proof of Poision necklace of power I for level 8. Let me be able to trim the Power I off of it and also trim the level down to level 1. If I put a good haggle on it the level would go up. That sort of thing would be sweet.

2. Please fix things that are broken/bugs. Don't worry about things that we have learned how to use effectively, so now you think you need to change them. That will drive you nutz and is probably why the update has been delayed.

3. Make more mobs, in hidden places, that we have to figure out how to defeat. Don't be messing with spells that work great on existion mobs. You make them useless on all mobs and then we move on to other spells and you nerf them too. That is never ending, So basically as a wizard I have a ton of spells most of which I never use any more. I have had to change my whole build just to stay alive. Because of spell nerfing. Now I can no longer play my wizard the way I had enteneded to play her. I was a passive wizard now thanks to your spell nerfing I am a power wizard. Anything that enhances a spell will get my attention.
Azari

axebender
09-23-2007, 03:53 PM
1) psionics
2)psionics
3)psionics

gonna break the rules here....
4)psionics

Deriaz
09-23-2007, 04:24 PM
1) A little more livelier of a town.

2) More customization. It's kinda weird saying you're a 7 foot tall Warforged, when then you stand next to one that's 6 foot, you're on equal levels. Make us able to change height, weight, and maybe get a little technical like the coloring. Instead of having just the little squares of color, have a slider that blends slowly from red, across the spectrum, to white, and then black. :3

3) Hm. . . I guess I don't have a #3. Lol.

-D

axebender
09-23-2007, 04:31 PM
1) A little more livelier of a town.

2) More customization. It's kinda weird saying you're a 7 foot tall Warforged, when then you stand next to one that's 6 foot, you're on equal levels. Make us able to change height, weight, and maybe get a little technical like the coloring. Instead of having just the little squares of color, have a slider that blends slowly from red, across the spectrum, to white, and then black. :3

3) Hm. . . I guess I don't have a #3. Lol.

-D

he meant to say his #3 was psionics

Deriaz
09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
he meant to say his #3 was psionics

Hm. . . Maybe I did. >:3

-D

Solstyse
09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
1. Super uber elite upper tier quest that only 15% or so of teh people can complete and that is only after they have been properly equiped from other not quet so uber but still hard quests. Something that will keep the upper 15% or so occupied for months.
2. Raids for lower levels i.e. a lvl 5 raid or so.
3. An expansion before Christmas , probably not going to happen but it would go a long way in expanding the DDo community. Expansions put boxes on the shelves and thats free advertising , and I would bet that the majority of game buyers still buy their games in the stores and not off digital downloadds.

of course there is more but those are things I would really like to see happen.

P.S. This should be in the top three but I just posted it before thinking.
Make leveling much much harder. Casual players shouldn't cap out at max level in a month or 2
Maybe give us hell levels make 10/12/14 ect only give half xp for quests something just make it harder.
Also a stricter death penalty, make people lose a rank for dieing too many times in a dungeon something like that .

Tarrasque
09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
This is an awsome game, but just needs some TLC to keep it going strong. Things I would like to second from earlier posts are:
- Communicate (even "bad" news is better than no news)
- Paid expansion
- Character customization post-creation (Seriously, is there not a single barber in Eberron?)
- More content (for ALL levels)

My three additions:

(1) (This is actually an reinvention of many previous suggestions) Starting cities besides Stormreach with more low-level content (How many times do I have to run Waterworks?). This would also provide opportunity for large wilderness areas in-between cities, where we could find the occasional "traditional" dungeon with random content.

(2) Change the end rewards to something like 50% class specific and 50% random. Or give us the ability to toggle the type of reward generation. (I'm just worked up about this lately because I have a new Drow Sorceress with Weapon Finesse. :( )

(3) Make soloing more viable by eliminating the re-entry XP penalty if you are soloing a quest on ANY difficulty. (It shouldn't be hard to determine if you are not a member of a party when you enter a mission.)

(3a) (Because this also would help soloers) Reset usability of rest shrines upon re-entry or if you die (especially if you die). This could be for only when soloing, but I don't think it would be a bad thing for everybody.

Future suggestion: When this game has become what it should be and is successful enough double the staff, make another version in the Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms setting, maybe even using some of the original TSR modules ("Tomb of Horrors" anyone?)

sirgog
09-23-2007, 07:56 PM
1: More Tempest Spine style raids, without flagging or timer, and that are just harder versions of standard 6-person quests with a team of 12. Tempest is my favorite quest in the game - I know I'm not alone.

One Tempest-style raid at level 7 (to help make levels 6-10 more fun), one at level 14 and one nightmare one at level 16 would be perfect. If the Devs want an idea for the level 16 one, they should PM me, have something rather nasty in mind... a maze that can be different each time you enter it with only a tiny amount of randomisation, and that our little three-dimensional minds just can't get their heads around :-)

2: Add more (not necessarily better, just more) favor rewards. 400 to 1750 is a LONG stretch without rewards. Perhaps unlock Aasimar at 1000, and a +4 tome of your choice at 2500 (which I believe is close to favor cap post Mod-5)

3: New monsters. In particular, Behir at mid-high levels, and Small elementals at lower levels.

Also want to support the suggestions of a little semi-randomness, in both trap and mob placement.

Sophocles
09-24-2007, 11:15 AM
1.) Everyone will think I've lost my mind for this, but here goes: Stop giving out free updates, develop a LARGE 3x usual update and SELL IT ON STORE SHELVES! The server redux didn't happen 'cause there are too many players but too FEW. Put a product on the shelves and get a bunch of fresh blood in here! I know LOTRO is a big drain, but I tried it, it's full of pretweens and hated it. Sell an expansion!

2.) up lvl cap again. please.

3.) Winter area would be neat. Frost giants, Remorhazeseses. More winter wolves or whatever. AND we could all have a white Christmas there. Or whatever mythology you like best. Also since we all have UA after 5 th lv, how about some sort of underwater dungeon fight. Potions so casters can do verbal underwater, or only allow spells w/o verbal content (eek). It would be like flying, 'cept soggier.

Oh and please, forget the stuff about char customization, self built items crafting and all that. Every game and it's dog has that stuff. They put 3 months into that for us, and we'll get 3 more months of bugs to go with it and no new dungeons. Ask yourself: would you rather play D&D or stare at your toon and say, "Man I look cool, wish I could meet a girl HALF as hot as my toon! Tomorrow I'll make her boobs EVEN BIGGER! and give her RED hair! In a ponytail! YEAH!!!" and then continue looking at your toon's opposite gender butt, or trying to peek up her armor. Sheesh. LET'S PLAY!

Giselle
09-24-2007, 11:22 AM
My goofy wish list....

1. A "joint" bank account for all the toons on my account, with all items in all accounts accessible by all toons.

2. The option to buy another character slot. I understand you can do that in Guild Wars and I'd be willing to pay $15 or $20 for another toon. I love the process of building new toons, and there is some fun new lower level content, but I don't want to kill my big kids to enjoy it.

3. Get the word out there about the game. This game is a lot of fun, it's got great mechanics and is player friendly. Get some butts in the seats in front of DDO!

Just my two copper pieces....;)

kendrix
09-24-2007, 12:16 PM
1. implement a raise in the level cap as soon as you can before addressing other content like new classes and new content. (New levels/content is fun but there not as exciting if you run them with a capped character over and over and see nothing for your efforts)
2. Part of a mmo is social interaction I would like to see more guild options like a feature to make in game alliances and make a chat window to talk between guilds. As well as guild housing though this is not as imperative as the chat feature.
3. less delays in the content you are developing and releasing. Not sure if that involves more staff or other recourses but do what you need to do to get stuff out when it’s scheduled.

Cireeric
09-24-2007, 02:41 PM
1. Random dungeons.

zyioscalebane
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Everytime someone is found sending spam, block their IP...PLEASE!

Korskarn
09-24-2007, 04:19 PM
My wish list :

1/ Add more races, classes and pretiges classes.
2/ Add more wilderness areas (forest, mountain, etc.) and towns
3/ Add some clothes, more armor / shield skins, weapons, helms. Make cloak visible.

Tarrasque
09-24-2007, 05:09 PM
One more thing regarding character customization ... I (and I'm guessing most people) wouldn't care so much about being able to customize armor/robes after the fact if we could at least see what they looked like before we bought them. Make a preview for armor/robes like for shields and weapons, especially including auction house items. As long as every armor or robe comes in a variety of colors and designs, it just becomes a matter of finding what you like. People do care very much about their toon's appearance, and sometimes we'd rather wear a cool looking Lesser Fire Guard Robe than an ugly Fire Guard Robe of Stability.

axebender
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
sorry to break the brainstorming here but dont ya think its funny that this thread has been up for a while and no devs have said nice ideas guys keep them commin..but in another thread about death suggestions they get a response..i see the priorities here..hehehe

Invalid_86
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
#1 Make base attack bonus work the way it is supposed to and apply it accordingly. In one fell swoop this will....
Fix ranged combat (yay!)
Make AC mean something
Balance the usefulness and value of +5 weapons vs +1 weapons of X. You will actually find the bonus to hit to be as handy as the cool side effects.

#2 See #1. It's that important.

#3 Crafting please.

Dirac
09-25-2007, 08:24 AM
sorry to break the brainstorming here but dont ya think its funny that this thread has been up for a while and no devs have said nice ideas guys keep them commin..but in another thread about death suggestions they get a response..i see the priorities here..hehehe

I noticed that as well and responded because it is frustrating to think they are more interested in changing the game to make it more of a hassle than to make it more fun. recently, I wrote a very long essay on my three ideas http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121118, but I'll share them again here:

1. Maintain the normal setting easy enough to be doable for 4 characters with only the equipment they would have acquired to attain that level.

2. Increase the difficulty spread between normal - hard and hard - elite.

3. Allow us to open any quest on any difficulty setting.

barecm
09-25-2007, 08:56 AM
1) More Dungeons/Quests monthly (like it was a year ago).... as opposed to just new content which seems to be interpretive (bug fixes is NOT new content)

2) Fix Ranged combat... its been broken (in its current broken state) since mod 3!

3) Ranger companions (not the spell version) that are trainable ect...

Ruggin
09-26-2007, 04:41 AM
1. More character customization would be amazing. Maybe allow players to customize the look of their equipment a bit by getting favor with a blacksmith faction and paying some plat. Even some favor unlocked customization is welcome.
2. More classes and races. I don't care what. I just would like something different to play as.
3. More content with reasonable xp for levels 8 and 9. That can be a dead zone.

sirgog
09-26-2007, 05:17 AM
3. More content with reasonable xp for levels 8 and 9. That can be a dead zone.

Agreed. There's plenty of good XP quests in this range (the VON series comes to mind, or Threnal), but these are all in series & it can be hard to find a group that's in for the later parts of these quests.

underlordone
09-26-2007, 05:19 AM
1 sever battles :P
2 lvl up
3 tie to a house for house battles :P

gelgoog
09-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Ty again all for posting in this post.
I hope turbine will look at all our suggestions.

Oh and one more from me...he he.

Make normal quest easier for a duoable team to a trio.
So that normal you can see all the missions without being uber or having a cleric or something. As well as not drinking 100 plus potions and such.
Just to make it fun for us non uber elite players that have only a small amount of time to play. People could make the toons that they want even if they are not great with the build and enjoy the game nontheless cause they are playin a toon they want to play. Without feeling gimped to a degree cause the normal setting would be easier.

/shrug