PDA

View Full Version : mouse problems.

Lebrac
09-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I really am haveing a hard time trying to understand this so maybe someone else has a clue....

Ok one day my 3rd and 4th mouse buttons quit working in ddo.. and only in ddo they work fine in other games and other programes. the 3rd button is my push to talk and the 4th button is my autorun and after gameing like this for a long time it's very hard to not have it.

So they quit working out of the blue, they worked when i loged off one night. Then didn't work for about a week after that. the other night out of the blue again they worked for the night the next day i log on and they are not working again. i am not changeing anything in the game to change this i really have no clue. anyone have any ideas?

Rason
10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Funnily, this is exactly what just happened to me yesterday and today it is still the same. I would really like to know what is happening since my middle mouse button plus four and five are all not working. The only buttons to work is left/right buttons and zooming in and out with the wheel.

Rason
10-02-2007, 04:35 PM
And now it works again, out of the blue, like Lebrac has said yet I changed nothing.

OrareSetlus
10-22-2007, 05:09 AM
Same trouble here only just installed a DDO client on my new PC now I cant seem to use any other mouse buttons other then mouse 1/2. In the keymapping I can click on my button 3 it acknoledges I had done it but it will not display that mouse 3 is now being used for push to talk. Consequently when i try mouse 3 i cant push to talk. Just real wierd and annoying for me atm seeing as I had to bind a key on the keyboard for this when it was more convenient to use my mouse 3. This is the 3rd day since I installed this on the new PC and still no miracle of having it work again like the previous posters.

Mouse works well in other games with full button support. This mouse is the same mouse I used on my previous PC with my previous DDO client and all buttons worked flawlessly and still do on that PC.

RTN
11-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I've actually emailed their support to ask about mouse button mapping. Basically, you can only map left and right click in the game. Any other buttons have to be done through your mouse software. So if you have a gaming mouse, you might be able to map buttons for specific programs (or have profiles). Seems pretty short sighted to me, but I guess its what we're stuck with. And yes, I've occasionally been able to map more buttons, but they never stayed between sessions and now they don't take at all.