PDA

View Full Version : Archer of the silver flame

RemoJr
09-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I had a thought, the silver flame's weapon is the bow, yet we see so no paladins use the bow. So I made a paladin archer build. It actually came out pretty good. This only difficult thing to get for him would be the equipment for his dex, but that's normal with archer builds. Everything eles is easy to get with a little effort.

32 pt
elf

11 paladin / 2 ranger / 1 fighter

str 14 + 4 item = 18
dex 18 + 3 lvls + 6 item + 2 tome + 2 elf enh + 1 rng enh = 32
con 12 + 4 item = 16
int 8
wis 12 + 4 item = 16
cha 14 + 4 item + 1 enh + 1 tome = 20

feats
1- point blank shot
2(ranger) - rapid shot
3 - toughness
6- precise shot
6(fighter)- many shot
9- imp. crit: ranged
12- imp. precise shot

Attack:
14 BaB
11 dex
2 elf enh
1 silver flame enh
3 House D arrmors
3 divine favor
4 G. hero
1 haste
-------------------
+39 with bow (+40 if target is withen 30 feet)

14 Bab
4 str
2 elf enh
5 weapon
3 divine favor
4 Gtr. hero
1 haste
-----------------------------
+32 with long sword

dmg:
4 str
4 divine favor
2 enh
5 weapon
-----------------
+15 dmg

AC:
10 base
11 dex
3 paladin aura
4 sheild of faith spell
3 bark skin potion
1 haste
2 chaos guard
3 chattering ring
---------------------------
40 AC
7 +5 heavy sheild
-------------------------
47 with sheild
(if you can find a +5 mith chain shirt, AC = 53, you gain more from armor then you lose from dex)

saves:
fort 32 =12 base + 5 cha + 3 con + 4 aura + 4 G hero + 4 resistence
ref 33 =6 base + 5 cha + 10 dex + 4 aura + 4 G hero + 4 resistence
will 24 =3 base + 5 cha + 3 wis + 4 aura + 4 G hero + 5 BAM helm

HP:
20 heroic spirit
136 base
42 con
46 toughness
10 draconic vitality
20 virtue
30 Gtr. false life
----------------

important enhancements: elf bow attk 2, elf bow dmg 2, elf longsword attk 2, paladin AC aura 3, paladin saves aura 4, silver flame 1, paladin cha 1, ranger dex 1, elf dex 2, paladin toughness 3

Very good with a bow, good with a sword, high saves, high AC, high HP. Criticisms? remarks?

Blazer
09-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Just a couple of corrections to make the numbers more accurate.

Divine Favor caps out at +3 attack and +3 damage. Also, it technically counts as a luck bonus, so it shouldn't stack with Prayer which is also a luck bonus. So that's -2 from your original number to-hit. Also, Point Blank Shot only counts when you're within 30 feet, so I wouldn't include that in your calculation. Finally, I wouldn't list +5 for the bow. The safer calculation would be +3 for the House D returning arrows, honestly. A +5 bow with useful mods is pretty rare at this point. Most ppl who use bows end up with a lower + on the bow but use the +3 arrows. So overall that's -5 from your original to-hit. However, you only included a +10 from your DEX, which is a 32 so it should be +11. So that puts you at 39 to hit, not 43. Still, very high to-hit with a bow.

Obviously, the above appropriate corrections apply to your to-hit with a longsword and your damage output, too.

Your naked AC will remain the same, but you have to adjust your DEX up by one (32 DEX is +11) and the Shield of Faith spell down to +4 since that's the maximum that can be cast right now.

Other than these corrections to your numbers, my only question is can you actually fit in all the enhancements at the levels you want them? You want the top tier pally AC and save aura, top CHA enhancement, top elf melee attack and damage enhancements as well as ranged attack and damage enhancements, and all four toughness enhancements. I don't think their costs and progression requirements will allow you to actually fit these in...at least not until 2008 or whenever we get a level cap bump. :)

RemoJr
09-14-2007, 04:47 AM
hmm, seems you right. I went to an enhancement builder and didn't have enough points, 26 to be exact. Untill we have more levels, i guess we can drop paladin thoughness 4 (4 point), paladin cha 2 and 3 (10 point), elf melee damage 1 and 2 (6 points), and Bulwark 4 (6 points). Do what you want with the extra 2 points.

With toughness only giving 46 hp at this moment, one could opt to insted take something like weapon focus: range, luck of heros, dodge, ect.

also, adjusted for mistakes in numbers.

Aeneas
12-19-2007, 04:04 PM
sorry for necro bumping this, but does holy smite work on a ranged attack?

SteeleTrueheart
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Smite is specifically for melee attacks only.