PDA

View Full Version : show off your sorcs!!!

mark_redfern
09-12-2007, 02:54 AM
ok this thread is for people who want to tell every one there acheivments damgage wise.

my highest crit was 1423 with a cone of cold against a fire mephit.
with a fire wall against a ice mephit i hit 757
scorching ray against ice render 401.

these stats are all maximised, feel free to make me look bad..
btw i have 1723 sp i don't understand how to get more!!!? i got power x all enhancment 32 cha (i am elf) and mental toughness, i heard someone say they had 2000!!??

Mhykke
09-12-2007, 03:43 AM
btw i have 1723 sp i don't understand how to get more!!!? i got power x all enhancment 32 cha (i am elf) and mental toughness, i heard someone say they had 2000!!??

Wizardry 5,6, or 7 item, 34 cha, improved mental toughness would all give you more sp over what u have now.

mark_redfern
09-12-2007, 04:38 AM
YEAH I REALIZE THERE ARE BETTER FEATS AND ITEMS BUT 2000!!!?? i think they were overexagerating a bit

mark_redfern
09-12-2007, 04:39 AM
great.. caps lock my bad

MrWizard
09-12-2007, 06:23 AM
ok this thread is for people who want to tell every one there acheivments damgage wise.

my highest crit was 1423 with a cone of cold against a fire mephit.
pk, one shot...instant death.

with a fire wall against a ice mephit i hit 757
pk instant death..or flesh to stone for melee....

scorching ray against ice render 401.
Charmed him and he killed fire mephits...

these stats are all maximised, feel free to make me look bad..

:D

Blind_Skwerl
09-12-2007, 06:36 AM
My sorc can throw out some big DPS numbers, but a couple notches below max. My big thing I look at is kills, being primarily a insta-kill sorc. Last run through PoP elite:

2 level 14 wizards
1 level 14 barbarian
1 level 14 paladin/fighter
1 level 13 cleric
myself (level 14 sorc)
No one started until everyone was in.
Total Kills: 68
Kills by my sorc:59 :D

Call me killhog!

mark_redfern
09-13-2007, 01:50 AM
:D

i said damage numb nuts, instant death don't count, tell me your red/purple numbers

redoubt
09-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Not spectacular, but cool for me as I don't have max or empower:

490 cone of cold on djinni thing in first part of demon queen.

teddok
09-13-2007, 07:34 AM
My wiz hit a 896 on a disinagrate.
Cone of cold 604
Scorching ray 598
Fire was on a Frost marrow skelly 1002 (Duoble damage for being undead and double again for being cold) it was sweet.

Aspenor
09-13-2007, 07:56 AM
(Combat): Your cone of cold hit greater hell hound for 1,924 points of cold damage.

wizzy_catt
09-13-2007, 08:24 AM
its all about rolls...nothing special is about the spells.
try a delayed fireball against undeads.
20d3+60 * 1.9 * 2.5 * 2.75 * 2 = 2090 - 3135
its just a matter of luck. anyone ever got that kind of dmg?
i believe there always be a few did it. but who cares? lol

I remember you asking me how the dmg was calculated and Im not sure if you found any posts but the formula seems to be:

base dmg * [static buffs: ie 1(base) + .5(sup item) + .4(enhancement)] * [meta magics: ie 1(base) + 1(maximize) + .5(empower)] * [if crit, crit multipliers: ie 1.5(base) + .75(enhancement) + .5(sup lore)]

IE 10d3+30(FB) * 1.9 * 2.5 * 2.75 = 522.5 - 783.75

Base dmg of the spell is not always what ddo lists as some heavy testers have found. Mad_Bombardier gives the example of fireball being 10d3+30 which keeps the same max dmg but improves the average damage.

Renegade66
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Not an exaggeration, you can hit 2000 with 34 cha, impr mental toughness, wiz VI/VII, enchancements, etc. You're probably better off with Empower instead of Impr mental toughness though. Also, you'll have better mana management with enhancements like Improved Heighten/maximize instead of the top level of mana giving enhancement that just adds 30 more pts at a high AP cost.

I've hit over 1900 pts using Cone of Cold on fire creatures. I once cast a single cone of cold for well over 10,000 pts of damage on a grouped up mob in Purge the Fallen Shrine (fire mephits and reavers).

wizzy_catt
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Not an exaggeration, you can hit 2000 with 34 cha, impr mental toughness, wiz VI/VII, enchancements, etc. You're probably better off with Empower instead of Impr mental toughness though. Also, you'll have better mana management with enhancements like Improved Heighten/maximize instead of the top level of mana giving enhancement that just adds 30 more pts at a high AP cost.

I've hit over 1900 pts using Cone of Cold on fire creatures. I once cast a single cone of cold for well over 10,000 pts of damage on a grouped up mob in Purge the Fallen Shrine (fire mephits and reavers).

read feat descriptions before you post something make you look bad on here.
improved mental toughness heighten and cha bonus does not help you with dmg.

by the way 10k dmg is impossible unless you bugged. example minotars hitting at 300s in gwylans. he was bugged.

Osharan_Tregarth
09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
nvmd...

Osharan_Tregarth
09-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Was this really called for? Gratuitous insulting because you didn't understand what he was talking about is a little rude.
Absolutely... Which is why in that part of his thread, he was answering the side track about how much mana you can get.(2000 being the number people were throwing around)
by the way 10k dmg is impossible unless you bugged. example minotars hitting at 300s in gwylans. he was bugged.
I believe he was posting about the total numbers for the group of mobs, not the individual numbers on a single mob.

My thoughts in red...

Strakeln
09-15-2007, 12:28 AM

by the way 10k dmg is impossible unless you bugged. example minotars hitting at 300s in gwylans. he was bugged.I think he means that he hit a group of mobs for what totalled over 10,000 damage collectively. So he hit one mob for 1300, one for 1000, one for 500, one for 1900, etc.

wizzy_catt
09-15-2007, 04:51 AM
My thoughts in red...
i think this threads closed? only difference in spell dmg is all about rollng.

but hmm he did say this threads about spell dmg.

Renegade66
09-15-2007, 07:26 AM

As I'm from Xoriat, I sincerely appreciate your attempt to flame an idiot that posted something ******** on the boards. In this case me.

Unfortunately for you, you chose to flame before even reading the initial post or subsequent posts. Or, it could be that you are under the age of 10 or from China and simply didn't understand the language.

The OP asked two questions (I'll restate in low level English):
1) What is the most damage you have done with a spell?
2) How do I get more than 1723 spell points?

My comment about Impr Mental Toughness and CHA addressed question 2.

My comment about the 10k plus damage with a single spell clearly stated that I've done over 1900 pts to a single target but over 10k to a mob with a single cast.

I do respect your attempt to add some much needed heat to the boards. However, you should have run it past your Mom or older brother first. They may have been able to save you from posting something so ignorant and personally embarassing for you. I can only imagine how completely foolish you feel at this moment. My heart goes out to you. My hope for you is that you take this as a life lesson to, as Homer Simpson put it, "Keep your fool mouth shut.".

Varis
09-15-2007, 08:50 AM
heh, i have hit **** pretty hard. Not 1900 though. While I have improved crit chance and damage 3, I only use the green blade.

On the other hand I landed a 1000 damage disintegrate in the brawl.

My biggest damage feat though was to kill both the black dragon and the giant solo after the rest of the party wiped in the first few seconds of the fight (cleric parked on the acid trap and would not move from it. Not even after he died and got a rez...)
Craziest fight ever lol

Strakeln
09-15-2007, 08:54 AM
My comment about the 10k plus damage with a single spell clearly stated that I've done over 1900 pts to a single target but over 10k to a mob with a single cast.For clarification's sake, your claim of 10k is to a group of NPCs and totals up the damage done, correct? I've heard the term "mob" used to reference single and multiple enemies in MMOs, although I know that the classic definition of "mob" is >1 thing.

I would argue that your post did not clearly state how that damage was spread about, only because of the aforementioned MMO habit of abusing the definition and usage of the word "mob".

Renegade66
09-15-2007, 10:11 AM
For God's sake people. I am not claiming to have done over 10k dmg to a single target. I did over 1900 to a single target and over 10k to the entire group with a single spell. I said that the most I did was over 1900 pts to a target. I also said that I hit over 10k pts on a "grouped up mob".

BTW, here's a bunch of definitions for "mob" and not one of them refer to a single person or thing.

1. a disorderly or riotous crowd of people.
2. a crowd bent on or engaged in lawless violence.
3. any group or collection of persons or things.
4. the common people; the masses; populace or multitude.
5. a criminal gang, esp. one involved in drug trafficking, extortion, etc.
6. the Mob, Mafia (def. 1).
7. Sociology. a group of persons stimulating one another to excitement and losing ordinary rational control over their activity.
8. a flock, herd, or drove of animals: a mob of sheep.
–adjective 9. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a lawless, irrational, disorderly, or riotous crowd: mob rule; mob instincts.

Oran_Lathor
09-15-2007, 11:05 AM
While I had no problem understanding your original post, and thought the form of 'mob' implied to be straightforward, there is a singular version of the word 'mob' which originated in MUDs, made the transit to MMOs, and has yet to make it into dictionaries. "Mob" in MMOs stands for "Mobile," a term that used to be used to distinguish fancy mobs (edit: lol used the word here without even noticing, read as: monsters) that could move from room to room on a text based MUD from their original, stationary, counterparts.

Strakeln
09-15-2007, 11:15 AM
For God's sake people. I am not claiming to have done over 10k dmg to a single target. I did over 1900 to a single target and over 10k to the entire group with a single spell. I said that the most I did was over 1900 pts to a target. I also said that I hit over 10k pts on a "grouped up mob".

BTW, here's a bunch of definitions for "mob" and not one of them refer to a single person or thing.

1. a disorderly or riotous crowd of people.
2. a crowd bent on or engaged in lawless violence.
3. any group or collection of persons or things.
4. the common people; the masses; populace or multitude.
5. a criminal gang, esp. one involved in drug trafficking, extortion, etc.
6. the Mob, Mafia (def. 1).
7. Sociology. a group of persons stimulating one another to excitement and losing ordinary rational control over their activity.
8. a flock, herd, or drove of animals: a mob of sheep.
–adjective 9. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a lawless, irrational, disorderly, or riotous crowd: mob rule; mob instincts.Yeah, you could have just clarified it, but I understand, sometimes it's more fun to be a donkey. Funny, my post even mentioned I was familiar with the official definition of the word, and also mentioned how MMOs tend to use the word differently.

Renegade66
09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, you could have just clarified it, but I understand, sometimes it's more fun to be a donkey.

Indeed. :D