PDA

View Full Version : Bloodstone Pally Build, any ideas?

Brainfest
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey guys, been building Pallys and lvling them to about 3 when I figure out that its not the build I want. I have searched these threads for ideas but havent seen anything that pops out at me.

Heres the deal, looking for a build that will maximize the use of a bloodstone when Im high enough to use it. I have thought that using a twohander keen axe like Carniflex would be best but then again I have a vorple kurki that I thought might be good with a TWF pally. Ive been a cleric pretty much all my carreer and its getting old and looking for a change.

A 32pt build is what I need, open to all ideas, thanks.

Impaqt
09-11-2007, 12:10 PM
The Bloodstone is +6 Seeker.

THe Sword of Shadows is an Obvious choice to maximize Damage Potential.

Dworkin_of_Amber
09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
For an option that doesn't require specific Raid Loot, consider Kopesh.

Kopeshes are the highest one-handed DPS weapon in the game. This has been proven. 1d8 19-20x3 (17-20x3 with IC: Slashing)... that will leverage the Seeker +6 on a Bloodstone VERY nicely! I had a Bloodstone on loan from a friend for a while, and it did wonders to my Crit rate... and that was a while ago, so no + to Crit Damage.

Consider that Kopesh means +18 Damage on each Crit!

Damage from a +5 Kopesh of Righteousness:
1d8 + 5 (Weapon) + 2 (Righteousnes) + 9 (Strength) + 1 (Weapon Focus) + 5 (Power Attack) = 1d8 + 22 = 23-30 base damage

(23-30 + 6 (Seeker) ) x 3 = 29-36x3 = 87-108 on a Crit!!!

juniorpfactors
09-11-2007, 03:04 PM
since paly is generally a AC build...Kopesh with shield from Reaver is what i do...of course a battlebard 2hander with holyburst of maiming is really nice too...

vyvy3369
09-11-2007, 03:51 PM
My newest character (edit: 11 Paladin/3 Fighter) uses one almost exclusively to good effect. All of the above mentioned weapons are x3 weapons, but so are Warhammers, and Weighted only comes on Bludgeoners.

I ended up with DC29 (30 once I hit 1750) stuns with 4% chance of stun per hit using the Hammer of Leaden Clouds, which makes it so a majority of your attacks are criticals. I don't usually do as much damage as my pure fighter dwarven tactician, and it doesn't land quite as often, but I'm usually right up there in kills while maintaining a 55-60ish AC (no raid loot yet either).

Geonis
09-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I not too long ago added a Bloodstone to my dual khopesh wielder, and it has definitely helped my DPS. I don't see not confirmed crits at all. I could just be missing them, but it has upped the DPS visibly.