PDA

View Full Version : Listen Important for Archer/Scout?

willfuqua
09-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I've been thinking about my skill points and with me pointing a good amount of points into spot, is listen really that valuable? With a high spot you'll know the creature is there and be able to tell the others and/or attack it. Is listen valuable at all really?
Thanks,
Will

Mad_Bombardier
09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
There's only one example I can think of where a creature cannot be spotted, only heard; Invisible Stalkers. They are very rarely found/encountered.

But, that's not to say that Devs won't add it in the future. :) Put some points in Listen to be safe.

Blazer
09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Given the dynamic nature of the game, putting some points into Listen will not hurt. Also, you can always wear some Spot +10 (or more) goggles; I don't come across too many Listen items.

Mad_Bombardier
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Given the dynamic nature of the game, putting some points into Listen will not hurt. Also, you can always wear some Spot +10 (or more) goggles; I don't come across too many Listen items.I had a sweet +10 Listen Tiara rr:Elf/Drow. Sold it long ago, though, because I have Spot goggles on my Ranger and could always see mobs before I heard them. :(

Blazer
09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Then you were very lucky. And a tiara too, very nice. :D I've never come across anything with Listen greater than +5 and it was usually mucking up my "shouldabeen" +6 WIS item and made it +4 or something like that. Like the +5 WIS Listen +3 ring I pulled this past weekend. :(

On my ranger, I have max ranks in both Listen and Spot. It's very nice. My elven fighter/paladin has Blindnessward Goggles of Spot +10 which make a big difference in finding those hidden mobs. Well, they do for now, anyway. ;)