PDA

View Full Version : looting the dead!?!

slumbering_dragon
09-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Again it's not a big deal, but if the mobs are carrying and using such weapons, then they should be lootable when they are killed.

OTOH, if you die in the presence of mobs, they could potentially loot something from you as well. Ooooo.... pretty sword... I take it.

i agree with this its makes it a bit more like PnP and it make that +5 mith fp or that Twin Blade a bit more valuable in my opinion and it would help with the over abundence of magic items.
hey devs is this actually possible? just say maybe or not at all.
/sign this if u agree.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff13/Slumbering_dragon/twinblade.jpg

jaitee
09-11-2007, 03:13 AM
not to flame you but, if XXX item dropped everytime you kill XXX monster then items would have no value

also one of the Devs said when you kill them, they die, and are sent back to the quest for the next group :D

slumbering_dragon
09-11-2007, 03:19 AM
well who said it has to be the XXX item that u always get, it could be set up like a random loot table. Yes i did read the devs respose but who to say that if enough people say yes then y not try to imlement it, and it would make items more valuable, when u die they loot from you and has a random chance to loot anything off your person via being arrows to that really great bastard sword or eve nyou heavy for t of greater fals life item.

Istivan
09-11-2007, 04:22 AM
i agree with this its makes it a bit more like PnP and it make that +5 mith fp or that Twin Blade a bit more valuable in my opinion and it would help with the over abundence of magic items.
hey devs is this actually possible? just say maybe or not at all.

/disagree

This would make the game more like the other games out there the hurry to loot for a good item.

Most groups could agree with who gets what dropped items, but we all know there are going to be times with the fast grabbers that will bolt after getting the item.

I say stay with the chests that gives everyone something. Might not always be good, but is always something.

jaitee
09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
well who said it has to be the XXX item that u always get, it could be set up like a random loot table. Yes i did read the devs respose but who to say that if enough people say yes then y not try to imlement it, and it would make items more valuable, when u die they loot from you and has a random chance to loot anything off your person via being arrows to that really great bastard sword or eve nyou heavy for t of greater fals life item.

that is why we have chests, to give loot to players :D

looting the corpse is a nice way of looting, but it causes too many issues

Ghoste
09-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Too expensive for those poor kobolds. Do you know how many parties rush through the water works every day?!! Every time they have to restock all those chests, and now you want them to re equip all those kobolds? It's an accounting nightmare. Kobolds only have so much revenue for guided tours of the sewers. Give the little guys a break.

wundernewb
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Also, people complain about the "junk" they get out of chests now. Monster corpses would just end up like barrels, where the reward is seldom worth the time taken to stop and get it.

Think of PnP. Usually only bosses have anything of real value, and that's abstracted now by the chests that most named mobs spawn. The only difference is that, instead of pulling mob-usable items from the corpse, and the rest from the chest, you pull it all from the chest.

JelloMold
09-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Don't forget...if that Ogre is carrying a +5 Greataxe of greater character bane, then he should be using it on us. There should be a tradeoff.

Prinstoni
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM

The devs don't listen to us, so why bother posting anything that would try to inspire action. Also, you know you will be trolled by a bunch of ninja posters.

However, in previous posts the Devs have said the "chests" that we loot really are not chests but everything in the room and area spawning in one search point. Or something along that line. I believe Eld said it about 1 year ago when this idea came up, but I am not certain.

Also, I didn't spend a year and half gathering loot to have it ripped from me by a vorpaling skeli in the new Mod 5 preraid.

Hendrik
09-11-2007, 09:53 AM
The devs don't listen to us, so why bother posting anything that would try to inspire action. Also, you know you will be trolled by a bunch of ninja posters.

However, in previous posts the Devs have said the "chests" that we loot really are not chests but everything in the room and area spawning in one search point. Or something along that line. I believe Eld said it about 1 year ago when this idea came up, but I am not certain.

Also, I didn't spend a year and half gathering loot to have it ripped from me by a vorpaling skeli in the new Mod 5 preraid.

Blatantly false statement.

Ringlord
09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I would quit playing if they reversed the current excellent loot system where each player has something set aside for just them in each chest in a quest and made it the old tired and over done loot the corpses thing like in every other MMO out there. Then we would have the same drama of arguing over who should get what pieces of loot and people worrying about looting the bodies while the fight is still going on and of course NINJA Looters would abound

Nope sorry I like the loot system as it is.

redslayer
09-11-2007, 07:53 PM
The chests are fine its getting a level 7 item in a level 16 chest.Pulling a +1 stat item with +7 haggle or swim on it and it says level 13 what a joke.Turbine please understand after having 7 level 14 toons there is only loot running left because everone is capped running the reaver raid then pulling this junk, or doing 5 pre riads and not getting a scale makes the other games look better and better.

Mercules
09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Turbine please understand after having 7 level 14 toons there is only loot running left because everone is capped running the reaver raid then pulling this junk, or doing 5 pre riads and not getting a scale makes the other games look better and better.

Everyone? Blankets statements are rarely true.

In any case, looting the chest is searching the area for anything of "value" and represents that from PnP. Having lootable corpses would be bad as either the loot is so low level that no one will do it, or it would give us 50 chests per quest.

Markavenger
09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Actually we already loot corpses, where do you think most collectables come from:D

UriahHeep
09-12-2007, 09:25 PM
The chests are fine its getting a level 7 item in a level 16 chest.Pulling a +1 stat item with +7 haggle or swim on it and it says level 13 what a joke.Turbine please understand after having 7 level 14 toons there is only loot running left because everone is capped running the reaver raid then pulling this junk, or doing 5 pre riads and not getting a scale makes the other games look better and better.

Umm........with 7 lvl 14's running all the time, don't you have the best of everything already? What else can you possibly want?

On to the thread. Could you imagine having to loot 200 corpses each quest because you never know if joe schmoe efreet had a vorpal? Uggg...... sounds like quests would take way too long for me.

Hendrik
09-13-2007, 08:32 AM
I might be in for looting of dead MOB's so long as they can loot us.