PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Control

Perceval418
09-11-2007, 01:15 AM
I have a question about CC. Do CC spells re-aggro mobs when they run in and out of them? I took glitterdust as my first 4th level spell and it seems everytime they roll a check to remove the blindness they aggro on me again. Furthermore glitterdust is breaking my hypnotism everytime theres a check which seems to me really stupid.

I played DDO a year ago and had a lvl 10 Sorc, but now it seems like ab unch of stuff has changed. Even with spell pen feats/items it seems like its harder to land CC. Then i noticed that the duration of my webs is significantly less than it was previously (though i may be remembering wrong).

Its all making me want to never use CC even though my diplomacy is high, because 3 seconds later they are back trying to kill me. Or have i just been running with pugs who dont know how to use the intimidate skill?

Ghoste
09-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Yes and no.

Spells that cast an effect that stays in one area for a duration trigger agro. Examples are hypnotic pattern, symbols, web, dancing shpere, etc. and of course aoe spells that do damage.

Spells that affect a group or individuals, without leaving an effect upon the area itself do not. Examples are hypnotism, mass suggestion, charms, etc.

CSFurious
09-11-2007, 06:07 AM
this might have to do with "sight aggro", but be aware that usually a charmed will come after you if it wears off

Ghoste
09-11-2007, 06:14 AM
this might have to do with "sight aggro", but be aware that usually a charmed will come after you if it wears off
If you're the closest target. Very different from the aoe cc spells though. If you have multiple charmed pets, they will turn on each other as the charms break, not you.