PDA

View Full Version : Fast track to 400 favor

Jeannie
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
There seem to be some really great builders participating in this forum. I was just curious about what might be the best build to get to 400 favor the fastest.

I know clerics are sought after, but they are expensive. For a new player or a person starting out fresh on a new server, twinking and subsidizing might not be an option.

What would be a solid 28 point build with no tomes or uber gear that would be viable for soloing and to you to 400 quickly?

Thanks!

KoboldKiller
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I got to 400 favor in a few days with my elf paladin build. Easy to solo due to self healing and enough DPS to take things down. You also get the longsword enhancement (Silver Flame) line which makes things alot easier.

Geonis
09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I agree with Kobold, a Paladin is easily the most soloable character out there. After you run a couple adventures (and I mean early stuff) and you hit 75pp go pay the guy to get into the market and get you a CLW wand. From that point on, you're pretty much golden.

spifflove
09-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I used a cleric to grab a quick 400 favor and it wasnt expensive at all. You will be able to get away with uber cheap cure light wound wands.

After that either roll an x cleric/1rogue or x bard/2rogue to get your 1750.

A drow can afford 18 intel and 18 wisdom or a human can go healbot 18 intel 14 wis. A bard can go 18 char 16 intel 18 dex.

Jeannie
09-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you all for the input!

Sojourner
09-07-2007, 08:28 AM
While I will agree that at low level's Paladins are one of the best solo classes - I would also say that solo'ing is not the way to fastrack favor.

For favor, clerics really are the way to go. Just tell your party before you start that you're new to the server and so don't have money for wands. They'll either be ok with that or chip in to get you a couple.

Run the harbor for favor and levelling, try to get a catacombs elite group for favor, and then try to get a Tangleroot elite group for favor. Tangleroot by itself is worth 99 favor.

Girevik
09-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I just made a new character on another server.

Dwarf, 1 Fighter + 4 Cleric so far and about half-way to the 400.

Maybe not the optimum build for level 14, but he has been absolutely fine early. Offensively and defensively he is fine as a melee (I took WF: Slashing and the first level of Axe Enhancments). All his mana goes to healing himself or others.

He is by no means "rich" (still using +1 weapons and with only a +2 Armor and +2 Shield), but I have spent very little money in party expenditures. Actually, I am probably ahead of the game on Wand donations.

Other characters at that level generally fall into one of two groups:

1) Other poor starting characters who understand you not having plenty of coin to throw at the party and adapt, or

2) Rich alternates who understand you not having plenty of coin to throw at the party and chip in from their pocket change to help.

His Build:

Dwarf
Str 16
Int 8
Wis 15
Con 16
Dex 12
Cha 6

Character Feat at 1: Toughness
Fighter Feat at 1: Weapon Focus: Slashing
Character Feat at 3: Mental Toughness
Stat Boost at 4: +1 to Wis

(In retrospect, I could have gone with a 10 starting Dex and a 16 Wis, and taken Paladin at 1 for the skill points into Concentration and the extra spell points, but as it is I get the Tower Shield and Fighter Feat, so not too shabby, and he is supposed to be a 0-400 character, so front-end loading is not a bad idea.)

(And speaking of front-end loading, odd stats might be a better call then even. +1 Stat items are plentiful early, +2 not so much. So, if it is not a stat where you can Enhance it, or boost it at 4, an odd number might be the wisest. And maybe if it is, my Wis is 15+1 Enhancement+1 Item+1 Level-up for 18 and I expect it to be a while before I see anything else that effects it.)

teddok
09-07-2007, 08:56 AM
You also get the longsword enhancement (Silver Flame) line which makes things alot easier.

Incorrect. Silver flame gives you LongBows. Sovergn Host gives to Longswords.