PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Rogue

teddok
09-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Ok I have been toying around with the concept of a Dwarven rogue for some time now. I think I might have finally hit on the build that I want. He will be 13/1 rouge/fighter. The lvl of fighter is for several reasons. It allows him to use shields and Dwarven Axe’s and it give’s him an extra feat. Now some of you may ask your self what in the world possessed this moron to take the dragon mark. Well I did it for the Bonus to search. All in all I got an addition +3 to my search skill.
Now for the Stats break down

Search:
Base 31
+6 INT Item 3
+13 Goggles 13
Action Boost 4
Total (Unbuffed) 51
I think that’s enough for that one trap (Yea you all know which one im talking about.)
Greater heroism and a bard song will put him at 57.

Disable Device
Base 26
+6 INT Item 3
Action Boost 4
+11 Item 11
+5 Thieves tools 7
Total (Unbuffed) 51

Open Lock
Base 28
+5 Dex Item 2
+10 Gloves 10
Action Boost 4
+5 Thieves tools 7
Total (Unbuffed) 51 (again wow)

Spot
Base 21
+4 Wiz Item 2
+15 Item 15
Total (Unbuffed) 38
Greater heroism and a bard song will put him at 44.
Ok not great but not bad either.

Reflex
Base 13
Trap Sense 1
+5 Dex Item 2
+ 4 resistance item 4
Total (Unbuffed) 20
It sucks I know. But all in all it’s not to terrible.

Now he also has the ability to wade into combat and do a good there which is one of the things I wanted out of him. He is definitely not a DPS build but he can still get things done.

Ok now here his is. Let me know what you all think of him. Any suggestion will be welcome.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.70
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 14 Chaotic Good Dwarf Male
(1 Fighter \ 13 Rogue)
Hit Points: 187
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 10\10\15\20
Fortitude: 8
Reflex: 13
Will: 5

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 14)
Strength 15 16
Dexterity 14 20
Constitution 12 14
Intelligence 14 14
Wisdom 12 12
Charisma 12 12

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 1
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 14)
Balance 5 19
Bluff 4 11
Concentration 1 2
Diplomacy 1 1
Disable Device 6 26
Haggle 1 1
Heal 1 1
Hide 4 15
Intimidate 1 1
Jump 6 13
Listen 4 11
Move Silently 4 15
Open Lock 6 28
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 2 4
Search 6 31
Spot 5 21
Swim 3 13
Tumble 6 14
Use Magic Device 5 18

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Nimble Fingers
Feat: (Automatic) Attack
Feat: (Automatic) Dwarven Stability
Feat: (Automatic) Dwarven Stonecutting
Feat: (Automatic) Giant Evasion
Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortsword
Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortbow
Feat: (Automatic) Orc and Goblin Bonus
Feat: (Automatic) Poison Save Bonus
Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
Feat: (Automatic) Sneak Attack
Feat: (Automatic) Spell Save Bonus (Dwarf)
Feat: (Automatic) Trapfinding
Feat: (Automatic) Trip
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
Enhancement: Rogue Search I
Enhancement: Rogue Spot I
Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense I

Level 2 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Dwarven Waraxe
Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
Feat: (Automatic) Tower Shield Proficiency
Enhancement: Fighter Item Defense I
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock I

Level 3 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Feat: (Automatic) Evasion (Rogue)
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I

Level 4 (Rogue)
Ability Raise: DEX
Feat: (Automatic) Trap Sense
Enhancement: Rogue Fire Trap Lore I
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I

Level 5 (Rogue)
Feat: (Automatic) Uncanny Dodge
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device II
Enhancement: Rogue Search II

Level 6 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Search
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II
Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock II

Level 7 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Way of the Mechanic I

Level 8 (Rogue)
Ability Raise: DEX
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack I
Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness II

Level 9 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Warding
Feat: (Automatic) Improved Uncanny Dodge
Enhancement: Kundarak Search I
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I

Level 10 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity II

Level 11 (Rogue)
Feat: (Automatic) Improved Evasion
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost III
Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness III

Level 12 (Rogue)
Ability Raise: CON
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Rogue Search III

Level 13 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device III

Level 14 (Rogue)
Feat: (Automatic) Cripling Strike
Enhancement: Rogue Search IV

FeFiFoFum
09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll have Inigma drop him a few pointers :D

Not bad planning

teddok
09-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey iggy whats up.

Roguewiz
09-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Not bad for a borderline trapsmith Rogue. Skills are good, and your DPS should be adequate with the DW Axe. I do, however, question your DEX. While I cant argue the necessity of DEX for Balance, Tumble, and OL; I wonder why you opted for your level raises as DEX? DW Axes are not finessible. IMO, it would be best to toss those points into strength to help increase your DPS.

Personally, Dwarves smell funny and are too hairy for my tastes. They are best used in Dwarf tossing contests. Nothing more :D

FeFiFoFum
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey iggy whats up.

Not much getting ready to head out of work...
I will be on later tonight(10:30+), it's Pub nite tonight.

teddok
09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Not bad for a borderline trapsmith Rogue. Skills are good, and your DPS should be adequate with the DW Axe. I do, however, question your DEX. While I cant argue the necessity of DEX for Balance, Tumble, and OL; I wonder why you opted for your level raises as DEX? DW Axes are not finessible. IMO, it would be best to toss those points into strength to help increase your DPS.

Personally, Dwarves smell funny and are too hairy for my tastes. They are best used in Dwarf tossing contests. Nothing more :D

The Dex was for the reflex mainly, that and getting the open locks up a little.

Roguewiz
09-06-2007, 02:54 PM
The Dex was for the reflex mainly, that and getting the open locks up a little.

Hardest chest in the game is 62 DC? (ghola Fan or whatever it is called...can never remember name. It is in the pre-instance)

Keep in mind, since you have improved evasion, you have a little more survivability because you take half-damage on failed saves.

Also, you have +3 vs traps.

sigtrent
09-06-2007, 03:07 PM
It looks well thought out to me. I agree that you don't need to spend level up stat points on dex. Your reflex and open lock are probably "good enough" without the extra 1 or 2 points you are getting from that. But then again the 1 or 2 pts of str wouldn't make a world of difference either.

But all around it looks very solid. I made a finesse based build that was similar which I called "The iron rogue" with much more emphasis on defense and less varied skills. I also took the dragon mark to buff up my search. I think it's a good pick for dwarven rogues.

I think this would certainly be a fun rogue to play. Being all traps is kind of boring so its nice to do something else, and your's does a lot of other things quite well while still excelling at traps.

Did you take Way of the Mechanic? It looks like you did (I know it won't select in the build program :( ) but I don't think you put it in your calculations. Its certainly a better deal than taking seach 3 and 4 if you didn't allot points for it.

teddok
09-06-2007, 03:12 PM
It looks well thought out to me. I agree that you don't need to spend level up stat points on dex. Your reflex and open lock are probably "good enough" without the extra 1 or 2 points you are getting from that. But then again the 1 or 2 pts of str wouldn't make a world of difference either.

But all around it looks very solid. I made a finesse based build that was similar which I called "The iron rogue" with much more emphasis on defense and less varied skills. I also took the dragon mark to buff up my search. I think it's a good pick for dwarven rogues.

I think this would certainly be a fun rogue to play. Being all traps is kind of boring so its nice to do something else, and your's does a lot of other things quite well while still excelling at traps.

Did you take Way of the Mechanic? It looks like you did (I know it won't select in the build program :( ) but I don't think you put it in your calculations. Its certainly a better deal than taking seach 3 and 4 if you didn't allot points for it.

I use the Char Gen 2.7 and yes I did take Way of the Mechanic. I even let me select it.
Ok so swap ou those to dex points to say....
Con. Con is always good. It will allow me to last a little bit longer in a fight i think.

sigtrent
09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I use the Char Gen 2.7 and yes I did take Way of the Mechanic. I even let me select it.
Ok so swap ou those to dex points to say....
Con. Con is always good. It will allow me to last a little bit longer in a fight i think.

lol I see it there now... funny that! I guess I need to update mine, or is it warchanter it won't let me select... that might be it.

Anyhow, its an unusual build in that you don't "need" to put those stat points anywhere, totaly a matter of whatever you want to padd a little extra to. I'd use them to dole out to whatever stat you think you can eek an extra bonus out of due to odd numbers from items/tomes you have lined up.

teddok
09-07-2007, 07:05 AM
lol I see it there now... funny that! I guess I need to update mine, or is it warchanter it won't let me select... that might be it.

Anyhow, its an unusual build in that you don't "need" to put those stat points anywhere, totaly a matter of whatever you want to padd a little extra to. I'd use them to dole out to whatever stat you think you can eek an extra bonus out of due to odd numbers from items/tomes you have lined up.

I only ever put in tomes that I already have and a single +2 tome to reflect favor.

D'rin
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Take a level of barbarian instead of fighter. Not for the rage but the fast movment is pretty cool. A friend of mine has a rogue X/barb 1 dwarven build and he can sneak as fast as most people run normally. Grab a striding item and you are set.