PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 staff

liamfrancais
09-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Your thoughts on a superior potency V 1/4 staff a bought in house d the other day. Since I am at level 14 and run alot of scale runs reaver and pop is it worth making this a main item or a back up. My 6th lvl spells are FTS and disinergrate 7th dancing sphere. Will it increase damage from CK and PK or should I continue to switch items around when I use those spells and do you think it will replace superior fire/ice lore and superior fire/glaciation items.

Jakylpops
09-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I guess it will increase the damage on a failed PK, but that's such a pathetic amount i don't think it really matters, it's not high enough to help out your disintegrate, and CK does con damage so as far as I know Potency doesn't do anything for that.

As far as replacing Lore items, no it's probably not worth giving up an extra hand slot for, but you're not telling us what potency item you were using before.
If you don't have any other potency item at all, then of course you have to hold it while nuking, lore items are just icing...potency is the cake.

liamfrancais
09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Wasn't using a potency item before. I set up my hot bars in teirs with spells above the items I felt would help their damage and would switch items as needed I guess I will do some in game testing on a scale run and see which fire wall does more damage with potency or combustion and lore wish it was a one handed potency not two that would be optimal but you can only play the cards your dealt.

Jakylpops
09-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Potency is a "must have" item if you're going to cast any damage dealing spells, everything else is secondary to that.

Greater and even Superior Potency 4 and 5 scepters are fairly easy to find (on sarlona anyway) just make sure to check the House D weapon vendors before you log off each night and you should be able to scoop one up, you might even find one for a cheap buyout in the AH.

On my main caster I don't have to do much weapon switching since she is primarily Necromancy, fire, and buff spells.

Superior Combustion IV helmet
Necromancy focus bracers
Superior fire lore dagger
Spell Penetration VII dagger
all worn at the same time covers almost all the bases for her. (I have a superior potency V/superior ice lore set that rarely gets used when I throw Cone of Cold)

On the other one I have to do some swapping around, some weapon pairs he uses are...

Superior Potency V/ Scepter of the Magi
Greater Spell Penetration V/ Superior Potency V
Superior Potency V /Superior Lighting lore
Superior Potency V / Superior Fire Lore
+4 Thundering Heavy pick of Puncturing / +4 Thundering Heavy pick of Puncturing
(when they're stoned who cares if you've got -10 to hit, these drop anything in 2-3 swipes)

Casta
09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't like staffs, scepters and other 1 handers can have the same stuff on them and you can duel wield.