PDA

View Full Version : Negative Level: Anarchic Weapon

Dargath01
09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
So, I'm Lawful and I have a +1 Anarchic Dwarven Axe of Greater Undead Bane. Is it worth the Negative Level to use this weapon? It seems to still generate a ton of Damage to Undead types?

I've seen other folks with the Negative level penality in their player descriptions before and was just wondering what other folks thought about this.

Mad_Bombardier
09-04-2007, 09:01 AM
At low levels, -5 HP and -1 to-hit, skills, & saves is a big deal. But at high level (when you can use that weapon), who cares! That is an awesome weapon for Wights and Mummies, both of which are Lawful aligned undead. Luckily for you, skeletons (against whom you'd want a bludgeoning weapon) are mostly Neutral Evil and unaffected by the anarchic effect of your axe. But, non-skeletons, whack away!

DianWeiYan
09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Not a major deal but skeletons are actually Neutral Evil. Was all jazzed when I got an axiomatic club of undead bane until I tested it out...

But yeah, with something that good, I'd use it. Since its a situational weapon, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Borror0
09-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Like Mad said, as you progress penalities will mean less to you. I remember of a barbarian fighting with a dead halfling corpse at -8... :p