PDA

View Full Version : GM's consider this trading in the lfm? Are you kidding!?!

Palmetto
09-04-2007, 08:00 AM
In an effort to fill the remaining two spots for an underway Crucible elite run I posted the following lfm:

Crucible elite; free loot if you can make it here on your own, almost finished

Within about 60 seconds of that lfm being posted I received a rather harassing string of communications from a less than friendly GM. The first communication stated that my lfm was considered trading in the lfm tab. I politely informed the GM that I was advertising for a Crucible run not trading loot. The GM then asked me to remove my lfm. So I took "free loot" out of the lfm and updated the message. Then I informed the GM that I change the wording on the lfm and asked if it was now acceptable. The next reply from the GM informed me that I had 30 seconds to remove the lfm or I was going to be booted from the server. Luckily the last spot was filled in the group so the lfm automatically came down.

I would like for a customer service rep to explain to me how my lfm was inappropriate. In no way was the lfm intended to be construed as a WTT, WTB or WTS post. Furthermore, this is the exact wording that I frequently use for filling remaining group slots for underway quests.

If you care to look into this matter the incident occurred on Sarlona under the character name Maibock. The lovely GM that I had the pleasure of dealing with was +Miranda. I will reserve further comment on +Miranda because this is not the first unpleasant experience with that GM.

WolfSpirit
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Looks ok to me.
There might be something different going on. These things as far as I know, require someone to report them before they are looked at by a GM. Perhaps someone with a pet-Peve about offering goods/money for services got offended by your offer and reported you. If this is the case, the GM may not have had a choice...
Or perhaps, They simply didn't bother to actually look at the LFM after you were reported to check the content.
Either way, good luck getting a response.
Sparker usually looks into these things for us, Though Ms. Patience may have imput.
If your lucky enough to have it noticed.

Riddikulus
09-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Yes, you were absolutely right.

But unfortunately when it comes to dealing with the GMs in DDO, just do what they say... they don't like being argued to.

And now that you have prior "offenses" with LFMs, they are even more likely to be quite curt with you, so in the future avoid using the word "free" in a LFM again because you might find yourself with a temp ban with no warning for multiple offenses.

Palmetto
09-04-2007, 08:34 AM
But unfortunately when it comes to dealing with the GMs in DDO, just do what they say... they don't like being argued to.
I am glad we were already in the quest or I would have had the time to argue myself into a ban. :D

And now that you have prior "offenses" with LFMs, they are even more likely to be quite curt with you, so in the future avoid using the word "free" in a LFM again because you might find yourself with a temp ban with no warning for multiple offenses.
That's just great. Yeah, I will avoid the word "free" at all cost from here on out. :eek:

Sparker
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't see how your statement below (assuming that is, word for word, what you had posted as your LFM) could be taken as a trading/buying/selling LFM comment. I will look into this and see what I can find out.

In an effort to fill the remaining two spots for an underway Crucible elite run I posted the following lfm:

Crucible elite; free loot if you can make it here on your own, almost finished

Within about 60 seconds of that lfm being posted I received a rather harassing string of communications from a less than friendly GM. The first communication stated that my lfm was considered trading in the lfm tab. I politely informed the GM that I was advertising for a Crucible run not trading loot. The GM then asked me to remove my lfm. So I took "free loot" out of the lfm and updated the message. Then I informed the GM that I change the wording on the lfm and asked if it was now acceptable. The next reply from the GM informed me that I had 30 seconds to remove the lfm or I was going to be booted from the server. Luckily the last spot was filled in the group so the lfm automatically came down.

I would like for a customer service rep to explain to me how my lfm was inappropriate. In no way was the lfm intended to be construed as a WTT, WTB or WTS post. Furthermore, this is the exact wording that I frequently use for filling remaining group slots for underway quests.

If you care to look into this matter the incident occurred on Sarlona under the character name Maibock. The lovely GM that I had the pleasure of dealing with was +Miranda. I will reserve further comment on +Miranda because this is not the first unpleasant experience with that GM.

Ziggy
09-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Kinda curious what you changed it to?

I dont see anything wrong with the actual LFM.(neither does sparker), but what did you change it to?

Palmetto
09-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Kinda curious what you changed it to?

I dont see anything wrong with the actual LFM.(neither does sparker), but what did you change it to?
The only change I made was the removal of "free loot" everything else stayed the same. I am not confident that the GM actually read the changed post.

LordDamax
09-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Hey - I figured out your problem Palmetto - Miranda hates beer!

A buddy of mine had a problem with Miranda last night - she changed his name and 3 day banned him for bypassing the naming filter for using a name that was "extremely racially insensitive" - Negraa Modelo. (For those that don't know, it's a Mexican beer. Modelo makes a few beers, and Negra is their dark beer, literally translated to Black Model - IE: their dark beer. Negra/negro is spanish for black. It may be similar to a 'bad word' but it's absolutely not what she assumed it to be)

Someone responded to my thread with a link to yours - and I see your char was Maibock.

So, there you have it. She hates beer ;)

Thought that was too funny of a coincidence to not comment on, although I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but it's funny nonetheless.

Palmetto
09-26-2007, 01:46 PM

A buddy of mine had a problem with Miranda last night - she changed his name and 3 day banned him for bypassing the naming filter for using a name that was "extremely racially insensitive" - Negraa Modelo. (For those that don't know, it's a Mexican beer. Modelo makes a few beers, and Negra is their dark beer, literally translated to Black Model - IE: their dark beer. Negra/negro is spanish for black. It may be similar to a 'bad word' but it's absolutely not what she assumed it to be)

Someone responded to my thread with a link to yours - and I see your char was Maibock.

So, there you have it. She hates beer ;)

Thought that was too funny of a coincidence to not comment on, although I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but it's funny nonetheless.
The great beer conspiracy!!!! :D :eek: Just goes to show that if you name you character with a beer name / style it leads to nothing but heartaches!!!! :D

e/ Becks hides when Miranda logs on
e/ Optimator uses his rogue abilities and goes stealth
e/ Maibock immediately goes anonymous
e/ Palmettoale trys to blend into the croud
e/ Spaten dives for cover
e/ Weissen just hopes Miranda over looks his name when scanning the list

Thanks for the heads-up!!!! As you can see I am pretty much screwed!!!! :D :eek:

Sparker
09-26-2007, 04:38 PM
I'll take all of Miranda's beer. :)

pastor_dex
09-26-2007, 04:53 PM
English isn't Miranda's first language, that may be the root of the issue.

twix
09-26-2007, 04:57 PM
The gms are watching us... SHHHHH......

Sparker
09-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Where in the world did you get this from? You are incorrect.

Sparker
09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
PM me a 6 pack and you'll be fine.

The gms are watching us... SHHHHH......

LordDamax
09-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Spanish isnt either apparently ;)

Samadhi
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Thank you for looking into this issue Sparker.

smatt
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Hmm, doesn't look to me like a trading LFM, which I see a few every day...... But I can see that if the reg's wern't written clearly for the GM's, they might just mihgt be able to come up with an interpretation that could possibly find it in viollation. No biggee, take LFM down and move on :D I think often people try to had to find fault in others mistakes, soemtimes it's just best to go OK.... Right or wrong.... It's best to handle soem things in other ways. Such as posting it here, as has been done. Sparker saw it, and He/She will likely correct the GM's in some way with a more clearly worded description of what constitutes LFM violations in regards to trading.

Regarding the GM's well for the first 8 or so motnhs I played DDO my impretion was that they were bascially worthless, almsot always showing up after we all waited an hour in a quest with bug report filed. Only to tell us "shucks, you left the quest, oh well, nothing we can do now" Funny how it always seemed to be within 5 min of us giving up. ETC ETC ETC, many bad experiances. But the last 3 or so months I can say that most of what I've heard has been at least reasonable resposne time and resonable actions by the GM's.

I again repeat sometimes it's best to jsut do what they say, and handle the possible correction of a misinterpreted situation at a later time. OH and sending the GM's beer might help as well :)

aax
09-28-2007, 02:42 AM
i guess i will be getting him mad.... my guild name is beer :(

edit:: +Sparker may join our guild tho :)

see ya on sarlona

wizzy_catt
09-28-2007, 03:19 AM
what a racist! ban him ban him! what an insult to non-english speakers.

blakbyrd
09-28-2007, 08:06 AM
what a racist! ban him ban him! what an insult to non-english speakers.

To me an insult is only an insult if the person something is directed to takes it as one. If an insult is in English and the intended recipient doesn't know English, how can they tell it is an insult, or better yet how can they take it as one if they don't know what it says. LOL. Anyways, just playin.

Back to the original scheduled program.