PDA

View Full Version : I dont care if it is Labor Day

Cowdenicus
09-03-2007, 08:36 AM
I still want a WDA today.

Have a great Labor Day devs, after I get my WDA. Go barbeque something.:D

Tenkari_Rozahas
09-03-2007, 08:54 AM
well, if they still have admin powers no matter where they log in, if someone wrote them up before today, you could have one if one of them comes and makes it viewable.

The_Cataclysm
09-03-2007, 08:57 AM
You are not even going to wait until after the 'typical' time that WDA is posted to complain about it? On a holiday of all days.

Next you will be complaining on Sundays that the WDA hasn't been posted.

Bombalo
09-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Bah I'm stuck in class today....you need to post the WDA's so that I have something to do (listening to the professor doesnt count :p )

Cowdenicus
09-03-2007, 09:39 AM
You are not even going to wait until after the 'typical' time that WDA is posted to complain about it? On a holiday of all days.

Next you will be complaining on Sundays that the WDA hasn't been posted.

Cataclysm,

Call it a preemptive strike. :D I dont know if you have noticed, but I usually post a WDA request around 9 am CST every monday.

Also I cannot help it if you didnt catch the slight note of sarcasm due to the medium of communication.

That is a great idea about the Sunday thing though. Thanks. :D

The_Cataclysm
09-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Here you go (http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3033689#post3033689)

Lithic
09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Why is labour day a day where everyone tries to avoid labouring? hehe.

popltree2
09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Coulda swore someone said that the euro servers still had nothing to do with us.. They are apparently controled independently... So if its posted there doesnt constitute being correct, half right, or even wrong because, well They arent us, we arent them.. So um make up our mind Euro servers apart of us or not,,,

The_Cataclysm
09-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Coulda swore someone said that the euro servers still had nothing to do with us.. They are apparently controled independently... So if its posted there doesnt constitute being correct, half right, or even wrong because, well They arent us, we arent them.. So um make up our mind Euro servers apart of us or not,,,

Yes, codemasters run them, but they still run the same program and must get the info about upcoming updates of said program from the makers (Turbine) so if Turbine can't send out the info due to a holiday they can't post it on their site.

Cowdenicus
09-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Yes, codemasters run them, but they still run the same program and must get the info about upcoming updates of said program from the makers (Turbine) so if Turbine can't send out the info due to a holiday they can't post it on their site.

You know, you are ruining my fun....... I might just have to log in or something now. :eek:

Borror0
09-03-2007, 11:23 AM
You know, you are ruining my fun....... I might just have to log in or something now. :eek:

Update the wiki? :p

Ron
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I have to admit, I've been a bit bothered by a trend I've seen here on the forums for several months now. This trend is the posting pattern of the devs, and involves their posts during off-hours (after 5:00 pm, weekends, and holidays).

Essentially, once the devs get off work, there are very nearly 0 posts here by them. This tells me the devs consider DDO a job more than anything else (such as a hobby or a way of life), and makes me wonder how much they really play the game for the sheer enjoyment of it.

The WDA is one aspect of that. I'm not at all surprised it wasn't posted today. Just as a comparison, the total number of dev posts on the board this weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon) is 2. Both by Patience, and both admonishments to posters to stay civil. Compare that to LOTRO, where there have been 17 posts in the same period of time by 4 different devs, most of them on substitive issues (like game lore, game play questions, and the like). That tells me the devs are visiting the forum and playing the game because they enjoy it, not because they are required to by their bosses.

Lack of posting by the devs during off work times says to me the DDO devs aren't here for the fun of it, and I really don't like what that implies about their dedication to the game. If the devs aren't playing DDO for fun (and subsequently visiting/posting in the forums), how in touch with the playerbase can they really be?

I'm not one to cry [insert appropriate spelling of "doom" here, I'm too lazy to go look it up]. Quite the opposite. This is just something that really really bugs me, and is probably the single most worrying aspect of the entire DDO experience to me.