PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Looting in Gianthold?

cforce
09-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey, anyone happened across any good stealth-lootable chests in Gianthold, yet? (ie, chests you can get to from the quest entrance without killing anything or revealing yourself)? There were a few good ones in the desert that I don't frequent anymore since PoP blows them away, and I'm curious if anyone's picked up this practice in Gianthold, yet.

Ghoste
09-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Only chests I can think of in Gianthold dont appear until after you have killed the creature(s) guarding them.

Hvymetal
09-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Only real stealthing I've been able to pull off in gianthold so far was to hit the explorer points ona 10 Rogue without dying. Have not really located any that could be pulled off so far but might have to look into it.

cforce
09-04-2007, 06:25 AM
I should've been a bit more specific: I was thinking more along the lines of Gianthold *quests*, not the Gianthold wilderness area per se. I can't think of any Gianthold wilderness chests that aren't bound to killing a named first.

Aspenor
09-04-2007, 07:05 AM
I should've been a bit more specific: I was thinking more along the lines of Gianthold *quests*, not the Gianthold wilderness area per se. I can't think of any Gianthold wilderness chests that aren't bound to killing a named first.

I can't think of anything bro. I have tried to sneak to the BIG cabal for one trap on elite, but theres a few goblins that spot me every time I try to open their door. As far as the rest go, it seems they've taken out rogues' fun places :(

Lorien
09-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I can't think of anything bro. I have tried to sneak to the BIG cabal for one trap on elite, but theres a few goblins that spot me every time I try to open their door. As far as the rest go, it seems they've taken out rogues' fun places :(

Remember kids ... barrels are a rogue's best friend. Distract those two or three guys at that door by ranging a barrel. Once their attention is drawn ... sneak past um. They will generally keep their backs to you for 30 seconds or so before returning to their glue positions.... not like the old days when they would search indefinitely. Cabal gets real tricky after that. There is a critter with a spot in high 50's/low 60's ... an archer I believe in the long corridor with the high hide on the left. Charm scrolls and summoned monsters will be your best friends here for distractions. Finding safe spots to use scrolls is the tough part and the fact that summoned fodder dies within seconds. There are a **** load of mobs in this quest and until you try and stealth that sucker .. I don't think you realize how many there truly are. I would like to add ... I am still working on getting to that chest successfully and without incident. This is truly a test of rogue ability. Good luck and have fun.

Hvymetal
09-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Hmmm also got to thinking about Trial By Fire, now if only there weren't any spiders....

Jakylpops
09-12-2007, 01:30 AM
My 10/4 fighter-rogue can solo the first chest on normal...although there isn't much sneaking involved :D

Not sure if I can find the box on hard so I haven't tried it yet.

Aspenor
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Remember kids ... barrels are a rogue's best friend. Distract those two or three guys at that door by ranging a barrel. Once their attention is drawn ... sneak past um. They will generally keep their backs to you for 30 seconds or so before returning to their glue positions.... not like the old days when they would search indefinitely. Cabal gets real tricky after that. There is a critter with a spot in high 50's/low 60's ... an archer I believe in the long corridor with the high hide on the left. Charm scrolls and summoned monsters will be your best friends here for distractions. Finding safe spots to use scrolls is the tough part and the fact that summoned fodder dies within seconds. There are a **** load of mobs in this quest and until you try and stealth that sucker .. I don't think you realize how many there truly are. I would like to add ... I am still working on getting to that chest successfully and without incident. This is truly a test of rogue ability. Good luck and have fun.

Hmmmph /Aerren teleports to Portable Hole for Summons scrolls

We'll see how this works :)