PDA

View Full Version : New Content idea

Kambuk
09-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Hows this for a quest series that requires minimal resources.

Stromreach has been overrun, need to fight through city zones in a quest series.

No new zones possible reskinning of areas.

Quest 1 starts in harbour need to fight way through to marketplace.
Quest is an copy of normal harbour city zone overrun with kobolds trolls etc.

Quest 2 in series clear marketplace city zone wich gives access to a new version of the marketplace with access to quests at each of the other wards where you have to defeat boss's/obtain objects.

Quests 3-6
Various wards can be done in any order

Quest 7 possible raid into the 12 to defeat end boss that has taken over city.

Dopplegangers

Nuf said

Kambuk

p.s. Tent fight could be interesting, lots of archers having to fight way up to top with boss at top who can knock people off.

Canuckalhead
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM
That actually sounds kinda cool. Could have to defeat a certain number of monsters in each zone and defeat a boss before unlocking the next zone. Could also have to protect peasents at the gate to the market place for say 20min before reinforcements can arrive to open the gate and secure the area.

Would be lots of options for something like that. Nice idea :)

Borror0
09-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Could also have to protect peasents at the gate to the market place for say 20min before reinforcements can arrive to open the gate and secure the area.

No! No more timed quest, please! I'm sick of them. Yurk!!!

Sertrynus
09-02-2007, 10:37 PM
This is a really cool idea

Would hope that it would be repeatable, if it was implemented :p

could be really interesting which way the reward system would go for this, maybe a reduced cost for stuff in the tavs as vote of thanks, or extra bank space or something like that....

Falco_Easts
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Great idea!!!

Symar-FangofLloth
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
So... Invaders! but in the whole city instead of just the Waterworks. Sounds fun!

Canuckalhead
09-02-2007, 11:15 PM
No! No more timed quest, please! I'm sick of them. Yurk!!!

Now that I think about it...yeah, you're right. *shudders at thought of another caravan*

Perhaps having to split the party up. Have a few stay back to protect while the others go and seek out the necromancer that keeps creating the attacking army.

Or something like Kobold Assault where you have to kill eleventy billion things.

Or you have to go around town freeing captured guards and they fight alongside you ala Coyle until you have freed them all and killed enough monsters so that they can properly defend the harbor again.

And just once would it kill them to have sharks with frickin lasers attached to their heads??? A shark ate me! A muthalovin' shaaaark ATE ME!!!

Aesop
09-03-2007, 02:58 AM
I like it ... sorta like if people had failed Invaders and all the monsters got out ;)

Aesop

might need keys to unlock the gates or to kill the caster that's magically locked them ...something like that

sparkling_diamond_l
09-03-2007, 03:24 AM
That would be a lot of fun! That would be a good way to finally use the 12 area thingy. :D

zipster
09-03-2007, 03:41 AM
this idea smells like a raid to me :-)

sirgog
09-03-2007, 05:57 AM
this idea smells like a raid to me :-)

Yep. Could be an excellent one too, although I'd guess it'd be very hard to implement (mob AI and hard-to-navigate paths esp. in House P with the spiral stairs, not sure if mobs could climb those). IMO the marketplace tent would be like some rooms in Tear of Dhakaan - tough without charm spells, easy with them.